The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

+52
HM Murdock
Poorfour
monty junior
RinoGattuso
Colan (niner)
Calder106
erictheblueuk
carrieg4
sportslover
bsando
subhranshu.kumar.5
ONETWOFOREVER
Haddie-nuff
GLove39
The Facts
slashermcguirk
ryan86
ShahenshahG
LuvSports!
Cogen
whocares
Josiah Maiestas
Trebs
kingraf
summerblues
ChequeredJersey
Silver
Chydremion
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
JubbaIsle
laverfan
Steffan
Tropicalfruiter
Born Slippy
Fernando
Andy11
NickisBHAFC
Dave.
barrystar
Danny_1982
lydian
banbrotam
Bull
time please
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
mthierry
socal1976
Good Golly I'm Olly
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
56 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 2 Empty Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tomorrow will see the meeting of the World No.1 and World No.2 in the final. I really am in two minds about how it will pan out so I will try to look at the various ways it could go.

I will fancy Andy's chances strongly if his serve operates as well as it did against Janowicz but we know Djoko is a far superior returner. The rule of thumb between the pair is that the better server gets the result but we shall see if this is the case tomorrow.

Aggression is also key and Andy must be prepared to get his attacks in first and put Djokovic under pressure. If Andy lapses into bouts of passiveness as he can then he is asking for trouble and will hand the initiative to Novak and quite probably lose the match.

In my opinion and stats suggest as well that Andy is the better/more natural grass court player so that gives him an edge. On the other hand thus far at this Wimbledon I would say Novak has been more consistent so that works in his favour. That is why this is so tight to call in my opinion.

I am hoping that last year's pain Andy had to suffer in defeat will inspire him to do what it takes to avoid more heartbreak and push him over the winning line tomorrow. This could go either way and I just hope for the neutral that it is a classic match and no doubt the best player will win on the day. Enjoy the final.

Craig
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

Crowd already on the verge of orgasming

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

3 unforced errors to start from Djokovic. Not good
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

Djokovic should win this first game. Keep the crowd out of it as much as possible.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Judging by the length of the rallies, this match is gonna last 7 hours.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

The vicious crowd showing a lot of hatred, applauding that Djokovic winner...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

I won't be commenting here, but for anyone who's watching - enjoy the match.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

Endurance rallying at its finest here. Going to be a long one...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:35 pm

Well broken, kudos to manage that with Djoker hanging in so hard
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Andy needs to risk it a little with some clean winners. Djoko is tired.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:41 pm

No he isn't. Both such good returners I'm not sure how much of an advantage service games are
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:43 pm

Jahu wrote:Djoko is tired.
Doubt it.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

I think Djokovic is on a hiding. Murray comfortably the better grass court player, of course, Djoko is a warrior, but Im giving it to Murray in three, four if Djoko refuses to to go gently into the night
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:45 pm

Yes, found a stream with commentators from my own country. Dont' have to put up anymore with Simon Reed and co hyping Murray up to the sky.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

summerblues wrote:
Jahu wrote:Djoko is tired.
Doubt it.

Indeed. Apart from one five setter Djoko won all his matches in straight sets. He has won grand slams were he had a tougher road to the final. Guys like him don't get tired that quickly. He looked pretty fit still in his fifth set against Delpo.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:47 pm

Murray getting owned on second serve. Winning 20%.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

Chydremion wrote:Yes, found a stream with commentators from my own country. Dont' have to put up anymore with Simon Reed and co hyping Murray up to the sky.
I've got McEnroe over here. Impartial commentary, bliss.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:50 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Chydremion wrote:Yes, found a stream with commentators from my own country. Dont' have to put up anymore with Simon Reed and co hyping Murray up to the sky.
I've got McEnroe over here. Impartial commentary, bliss.

Prepare for hearing him declare the winner of this match GOAT.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:50 pm

Djokovic really is awful on the overheads
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

So many unforced errors coming from Novak this set. Murray needs to take advantage
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

Come on Murray!

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

First set here is super key in these conditions surely. Murray must hold here or else he may live to regret it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

Uh oh
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

Chydremion wrote:Prepare for hearing him declare the winner of this match GOAT.
I quite like McEnroe.  He is willing to jump on bandwagons but I think that is just part of his job description; if you filter that out, his commentary is quite good.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

I knew Novak would take a while to get going!

The crowd are far too loud every point Murray wins so I have to mute OK 

Give the crowd some lemons Novak
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:00 pm

No authority from Layhani there at all.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

summerblues wrote:
Chydremion wrote:Prepare for hearing him declare the winner of this match GOAT.
I quite like McEnroe.  He is willing to jump on bandwagons but I think that is just part of his job description; if you filter that out, his commentary is quite good.

Good summary. He's as impartial as anyone on BBC payroll could be I guess.
Key game this one.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

He's not on BBC here. I've got TSN.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Cogen Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

At the moment it seems like any hold down the bottom end is going to be huge for both guys.

Sun causing problems on serve. Huge hold for Andy.

Cogen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

Murray's attitude looks far more lik a champion than it did 1,5 years ago.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

bogbrush wrote:He's not on BBC here. I've got TSN.

Apologies, thought I was watching the bbc stream!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

That was some pretty bad serving from Andy in that game, but he still pulled through.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

This match has the level of an ATP 250, can't believe anyone would pay to be courtside
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm

Pretty good service game to serve the set out.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

Boy, I can't see Murray losing this, Djokovic looks hopeless.

Then again, similar was being said last year..........
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:This match has the level of an ATP 250, can't believe anyone would pay to be courtside
I am not a huge fan of this style they play, but they are pretty good at it - even today though admittedly not the highest standard we have seen from them.  Plus, this is a Wimbledon final; so that alone makes it interesting irrespective of the level of play.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

Djokovic needs to take confidence from the fact that in his last three matches against Murray he has come back from a set down to beat the Scott.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

They're good players, but when you see their slow hardcourt type rallies in a Wimbledon final, you really start to miss Federer on a day like this.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

Djokovic looks lethargic compared to Murray who is all pumped up.

If this ends up being a straight sets victory, Nadal v Berdych 2010 is the last straight sets championship.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

Neither are playing well, not a good standard, but murray wont care one bit if it continues like this. I think he is doing more of the running though...

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

A lot of unforced errors from Novak today
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Chydremion wrote:They're good players, but when you see their slow hardcourt type rallies in a Wimbledon final, you really start to miss Federer on a day like this.

70 points in 59 minutes, about a point a minute. Unless Djokovic plays a bit more up to the net, he is not making inroads into Murray's BL.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

I have to go at 5, this isn't going to be nearly over by then, is it?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

Oxygen tanks/tents should be put into W courts next year. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

laverfan wrote:Djokovic looks lethargic compared to Murray who is all pumped up.
Yet, if it goes to five sets, I would expect Andy to be the more likely one to wilt.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:40 pm

Djokovic starting to get into this now, gets a break
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:40 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I have to go at 5, this isn't going to be nearly over by then, is it?

You kidding, Chyd? They will be done with the second set by then and starting the third. Laugh

Tank v Elastic Man... Laugh

Last edited by laverfan on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

i agree sb, like at aus this year.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:45 pm

If Murray's knee holds up, I expect Murray to steal this.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

Novak is looking far more enterprising, coming into the net a lot more and seeking to be the aggressor. Andy's played only 5% of his shots inside the baseline this set, that is appalling. If he keeps playing like that, I want Novak to win.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

laverfan wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:I have to go at 5, this isn't going to be nearly over by then, is it?

You kidding, Chyd? They will be done with the second set by then and starting the third. Laugh

Tank v Elastic Man... Laugh

Hey I am Chyd!

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next