The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

+52
HM Murdock
Poorfour
monty junior
RinoGattuso
Colan (niner)
Calder106
erictheblueuk
carrieg4
sportslover
bsando
subhranshu.kumar.5
ONETWOFOREVER
Haddie-nuff
GLove39
The Facts
slashermcguirk
ryan86
ShahenshahG
LuvSports!
Cogen
whocares
Josiah Maiestas
Trebs
kingraf
summerblues
ChequeredJersey
Silver
Chydremion
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
JubbaIsle
laverfan
Steffan
Tropicalfruiter
Born Slippy
Fernando
Andy11
NickisBHAFC
Dave.
barrystar
Danny_1982
lydian
banbrotam
Bull
time please
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
mthierry
socal1976
Good Golly I'm Olly
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
56 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 9 Empty Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tomorrow will see the meeting of the World No.1 and World No.2 in the final. I really am in two minds about how it will pan out so I will try to look at the various ways it could go.

I will fancy Andy's chances strongly if his serve operates as well as it did against Janowicz but we know Djoko is a far superior returner. The rule of thumb between the pair is that the better server gets the result but we shall see if this is the case tomorrow.

Aggression is also key and Andy must be prepared to get his attacks in first and put Djokovic under pressure. If Andy lapses into bouts of passiveness as he can then he is asking for trouble and will hand the initiative to Novak and quite probably lose the match.

In my opinion and stats suggest as well that Andy is the better/more natural grass court player so that gives him an edge. On the other hand thus far at this Wimbledon I would say Novak has been more consistent so that works in his favour. That is why this is so tight to call in my opinion.

I am hoping that last year's pain Andy had to suffer in defeat will inspire him to do what it takes to avoid more heartbreak and push him over the winning line tomorrow. This could go either way and I just hope for the neutral that it is a classic match and no doubt the best player will win on the day. Enjoy the final.

Craig
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 9 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm

LastDamnation the doping may not be as widespread as it should be but I'd be gobsmacked if all of those mentioned in the quoted post have no been dope tested at least once. Murray was dope tested after Wimbledon win as he referred to it in a post-match interview so I am sure the rest have as well so have no idea what you are getting at.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 9 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by bogbrush Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 pm

JubbaIsle wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Can I just help by saying that Murray had this match sewn up throughout, that Djokovic had no chance and in fact the defeats of Federer and Nadal had no bearing because Murray would have beaten anyone.

I think I might finally have written the post that Jubba will agree with.

You could help by admitting to yourself that the best man won and deserved the victory and say so with a "well done" post here and there as most Murray fans do when federer used to beat him.

Its called being courteous and affable to other posters on this site. It lends itself to being accepted as a respectable poster, other than one that continually mocks and derides any victory against federer or as a Murray hater, against any of his wins against other opponents.

Its indicative from almost all your posts regarding the Wimbledon 2013 final, that you abhor his victory because it goes against all you believe in to be acceptable in the tennis arena, that of exciting, inspiring contests that border on perfection in the federer style you continually ram down our throats.

Sorry, but your crocodile tears don't work on me.

Thats the last thing I'll say to you, you'll be pleased to know, as I don't regard you as fun or in a serious way a contributory poster of note.
Oh dear, what a pompous and stupid post.

Firstly, I owe nobody on these boards a "well done" as none of you won anything. As it happens, if you read my July 08 12:08 post on this thread you'd have found what you looked for, but that would require 'visual skills'.

The rest is just incoherent ranting. I suggest you go for a lie down ina darkened room with a damp towel across your forehead. The problem you have is that some of us are thinking objectively while others have been at the party stuff and really need to go home.

'I don't regard........ contributory poster of note'. Well that's wrecked my day........... picard 
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9