The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

+52
HM Murdock
Poorfour
monty junior
RinoGattuso
Colan (niner)
Calder106
erictheblueuk
carrieg4
sportslover
bsando
subhranshu.kumar.5
ONETWOFOREVER
Haddie-nuff
GLove39
The Facts
slashermcguirk
ryan86
ShahenshahG
LuvSports!
Cogen
whocares
Josiah Maiestas
Trebs
kingraf
summerblues
ChequeredJersey
Silver
Chydremion
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
JubbaIsle
laverfan
Steffan
Tropicalfruiter
Born Slippy
Fernando
Andy11
NickisBHAFC
Dave.
barrystar
Danny_1982
lydian
banbrotam
Bull
time please
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
mthierry
socal1976
Good Golly I'm Olly
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
56 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 6 Empty Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tomorrow will see the meeting of the World No.1 and World No.2 in the final. I really am in two minds about how it will pan out so I will try to look at the various ways it could go.

I will fancy Andy's chances strongly if his serve operates as well as it did against Janowicz but we know Djoko is a far superior returner. The rule of thumb between the pair is that the better server gets the result but we shall see if this is the case tomorrow.

Aggression is also key and Andy must be prepared to get his attacks in first and put Djokovic under pressure. If Andy lapses into bouts of passiveness as he can then he is asking for trouble and will hand the initiative to Novak and quite probably lose the match.

In my opinion and stats suggest as well that Andy is the better/more natural grass court player so that gives him an edge. On the other hand thus far at this Wimbledon I would say Novak has been more consistent so that works in his favour. That is why this is so tight to call in my opinion.

I am hoping that last year's pain Andy had to suffer in defeat will inspire him to do what it takes to avoid more heartbreak and push him over the winning line tomorrow. This could go either way and I just hope for the neutral that it is a classic match and no doubt the best player will win on the day. Enjoy the final.

Craig
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 6 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 pm

So many tennis fans here Wink

Andy made history today, especially by beating the accidental No:1 in the world.

Andy the man, kicking Djokos nuts like a real man Wink
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 6 Empty Re: Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray

Post by Silver Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeesh, cool your jets people. Let Murray's fans celebrate, they deserve time in the sun after plenty of dark times - just as any other set of fans.

Craig, Banbro, Danny and others - salutations thumbsup 

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Djokovic gets annoyed too easily and can't hit many winners, but come on let's give Delpo his due, totally gave Britain it's first Wimbledon since 1936

can't quite hear you Josiah - did you say "Andy Murray, Wimbledon champion"? Laugh 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Djokovic gets annoyed too easily and can't hit many winners, but come on let's give Delpo his due, totally gave Britain it's first Wimbledon since 1936

And the fastest Wimbledon final in years and heat had nothing to do with it, because it was the same for both players

Didn't Murray have a 5 set QF and not get off court until around 2130hrs in his SF?

That had no affect I assume picard 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

clap Murray. Superb stuff.

Never understood all the Murray hate myself. I think he's a credit to these isles.

Olympic, US Open and Wimbledon titles within the space of one year is one helluva feat.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 
Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly 

So happy Very Happy 

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy 

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropicalfruiter Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Where is that wrist-slap emotacon?

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Facts Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Olly very good question??

Will depend mainly on how badly Del Boy can beat the living day lights out of his finals opponent that or if Nadal actually decides to show up in the semi's rather then faking injuries

The Facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:06 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

can't quite hear you Josiah - did you say "Andy Murray, Wimbledon champion"? Laugh 
Can't bring myself to say those words Laugh 
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Silver wrote:Yeesh, cool your jets people. Let Murray's fans celebrate, they deserve time in the sun after plenty of dark times - just as any other set of fans.

Cheers Silve. I think he deserves a second slam, but happy to acknowledge Novak wasn't at his best. Then I don't think that he at the very fastest courts Tennis has

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:06 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:That was one of the worst finals I've ever seen !

I couldn't be happier !

Man your words seems unfair to the great show by Murray. He outplayed Novak.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:06 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 
Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly 

So happy Very Happy 

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy 

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll 

thumbsup OK king zen angel Hug Ale clap 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:Laugh loving all the haters.

One "Fact" that cannot be escaped though, is that Andy Murray is Wimbledon champion!!! Yahoo

You got there with that just before me Danny. I'll just add a few more Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo if you don't mind.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 pm

banbrotam wrote:
The Facts wrote:Murray more natural then Roger at the net lool and your calling me the windup

Have you only been watching the Roger of the last 2 years???

I've been watching Tennis for nearly 40 years and was a fan of Federer way before his infamous Sampras victory. He's good at the net, but I think Andy is better - not miles better, but better - that's my opinion

I think that we have to call into question your knowledge of the game if you think that my point is a windup. I'm quite happy to concede if put to me in the correct manner, that Roger might be better. Would you like to try?

Banbro don't be silly to argue with WUMs at this moment of time, Andy did it and the energy should be channalized just for celebrating it.RedWine 

Muzza rulesssssssssssssssssssssss

drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll drumroll 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:08 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Silver wrote:Yeesh, cool your jets people. Let Murray's fans celebrate, they deserve time in the sun after plenty of dark times - just as any other set of fans.

Cheers Silve. I think he deserves a second slam, but happy to acknowledge Novak wasn't at his best. Then I don't think that he at the very fastest courts Tennis has

No worries, chief. I'm delighted for you guys! Novak not at his best, but you can only beat what's in front of you, and Murray's level of play was stratospheric at points today...he definitely deserved it. Great stuff Smile

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok!

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Murray No:1 after USO where he will win it again.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:10 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
banbrotam wrote:
The Facts wrote:Murray more natural then Roger at the net lool and your calling me the windup

I've been watching Tennis for nearly 40 years and was a fan of Federer way before his infamous Sampras victory. He's good at the net, but I think Andy is better - not miles better, but better - that's my opinion

I think that we have to call into question your knowledge of the game if you think that my point is a windup. I'm quite happy to concede if put to me in the correct manner, that Roger might be better. Would you like to try?

Banbro don't be silly to argue with WUMs at this moment of time, Andy did it and the energy should be channalized just for celebrating it.RedWine 

IC we sometimes have our disagreements, but I ageee with you 100% this time!!!!!!!!!! Ale 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:10 pm

What a win for Scotland! Couldn't be more happy for Murray, not felt this good about sport for a while

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:10 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

Congrats to you all friends......
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:What a win for Scotland!

laughing 

You forgot the golden rule, when he wins he is BRIT Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Can I add some more Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 

Fabulous stuff and nobody can deny the best player won on the day. Sure Novak was below his best but I have sat through slams when Andy has lost not playing his best either so this is sort of play back time.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Murray wins let the bandwagon jumping begin!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:12 pm

No John Terry then?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

And he now joins Rafa and Novak at the O2 for certs.

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:What a win for Scotland! Couldn't be more happy for Murray, not felt this good about sport for a while
A win for Murray. Scotland is a fictional construct around a patch of land and didn't win anything today as far as I can see.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Very gracious interview from Nole - what you expect from him, classy guy!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Heart heart heart!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Brilliant - just brilliant! clap  Well done Andy Murray, and better luck next time Novak Djokovic.

I'm a great fan of Novak, but so so pleased to see Murray win a Wimbledon.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:What a win for Scotland! Couldn't be more happy for Murray, not felt this good about sport for a while
A win for Murray. Scotland is a fictional construct around a patch of land and didn't win anything today as far as I can see.

Rolling Eyes 

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 pm

@Colan.. Enjoy the win. Leave the territorial stuff for later. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Mixed doubles on now: how long ago does it feel since Mladenovic lost to Sharapova.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Fantastic afternoon in the sun, beers and a bbq. Murray winning has not only completed my afternoon but also created history.

One of the best sporting days in my life time, can't imagine the country will ever have success in football but at least my 2nd favorite sport can!!!

Just truly an amazing day, think what you want about Murray, but for today he has made Britain proud.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Fantastic afternoon in the sun, beers and a bbq. Murray winning has not only completed my afternoon but also created history.

One of the best sporting days in my life time, can't imagine the country will ever have success in football but at least my 2nd favorite sport can!!!

Just truly an amazing day, think what you want about Murray, but for today he has made Britain proud.

clap  Great post.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:37 pm

laverfan wrote:@Colan.. Enjoy the win. Leave the territorial  stuff for later. Wink

No doubt it's a win for all of the U.K, just not seen Scotland as quiet for a long time outside, Dunblane is a tiny place and to have a champ come out of a place like that is huge

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Great weekend for British sport in general. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:39 pm

It now seems like Andy's decision to miss the winter events, where he came back at Indian Wells looking like a man who had never picked up a racquet and the French can now be seen as a master stroke

I thought they both toiled in the heat and who wouldn't, but Andy seemed mentally sharp. Novak didn't

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:39 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Great weekend for British sport in general. Smile

Apart from the F1

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Pretty impressed with Andy.  He was by some margin the better player today and he seemed to be handling the big occasion better than Nole.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Last year top 4 shared the slams. We could have a repeat this year - as long as David can win the USO.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Fantastic afternoon in the sun, beers and a bbq. Murray winning has not only completed my afternoon but also created history.

clap  Great post.

Sorry not just the Britain but Tennis in general, don't take Andy's win from fans like us thumbsup , we are so happy and proud of Andy's achievements.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 pm

banbrotam wrote:It now seems like Andy's decision to miss the winter events, where he came back at Indian Wells looking like a man who had never picked up a racquet and the French can now be seen as a master stroke

I thought they both toiled in the heat and who wouldn't, but Andy seemed mentally sharp. Novak didn't

He and Del Potro took a leaf out of Rafa's book.Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:02 pm

JubbaIsle wrote:Murray in 3.

7/6
7/5
6/4

There, I've said it....do I feel stupid? strangely not. I think the Murray serve will be the one tool he possesses that will beat Djokovic today.

I don't want to say I told you so, but............told you..............all you doubting Thomas's out there, eat your hearts out. And to all the haters and trolls who want to diminish Murrays performance today...................

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 6 Rasp110

Andy is the Wimbledon champion and no amount of negative clap trap is gonna change that, so take it and shove it.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:10 pm

JubbaIsle wrote:
JubbaIsle wrote:Murray in 3.

7/6
7/5
6/4

There, I've said it....do I feel stupid? strangely not. I think the Murray serve will be the one tool he possesses that will beat Djokovic today.

I don't want to say I told you so, but............told you..............all you doubting Thomas's out there, eat your hearts out. And to all the haters and trolls who want to diminish Murrays performance today...................

Men's Final (Preview and Match Thread) - Djokovic V Murray - Page 6 Rasp110

Andy is the Wimbledon champion and no amount of negative clap trap is gonna change that, so take it and shove it.

Sorry Jubba but you were wrong - it was 6-4 7-5 6-4 not 7-6 in the first set LOL

But very close and a great win for Andy who is now a double Slam holder as well as the Olympic Gold medal.

Can see him and Novak playing a few more Slam finals in the years to come.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 pm

@Jubba... Very happy for Murray. As I said earlier, Lendl also deserves full marks for playing the coach's role to perfection.

Lot of Tennis yet to come for this year, including HC, where Murray should do well.

Wish Djokovic had overcome his demons, could have made it interesting.

PS: SL... good to see you partake in Murray's victory. thumbsup

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 pm

OK to Andy's fans, great win for him.
As a neutral I would have loved to have seen where the match went had Djokovic won that last game but hey Andy did well to stick it through. Should be a very interesting USO.

Like BB I'm not inhetently patriotic, however I hope this win injects new impetus into British Tennis and inspires more players/potential players to strive for success knowing anything is possible (as long as their parents have money of course...).
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:37 pm

I had a feeling that last game could have been decisive the other way. Murray red lined it to get the break at 4-4 and I think if it hadn't been three sets he would probably have lost it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm

lydian wrote:OK to Andy's fans, great win for him.
As a neutral I would have loved to have seen where the match went had Djokovic won that last game but hey Andy did well to stick it through. Should be a very interesting USO.

Like BB I'm not inhetently patriotic, however I hope this win injects new impetus into British Tennis and inspires more players/potential players to strive for success knowing anything is possible (as long as their parents have money of course...).

But, without realising it, you are being patriotic, wishing that Murray provides inspiration to the nation and GB as a whole.

Admit it Lydian, your secretly harbouring an urge to scurry up the Jack Staff and unfurl the Union Flag.....Run

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 pm

bogbrush wrote:I had a feeling that last game could have been decisive the other way. Murray red lined it to get the break at 4-4 and I think if it hadn't been three sets he would probably have lost it.

Give it up BB, could've's, would've's, might've's don't count, did it and has done it only matters now, why are you persisting in trying to deride his accomplishment, I thought you'd given up wumming years ago on the old 606 ?

It was funny then, but not now.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:50 pm

JubbaIsle wrote:
bogbrush wrote:I had a feeling that last game could have been decisive the other way. Murray red lined it to get the break at 4-4 and I think if it hadn't been three sets he would probably have lost it.

Give it up BB, could've's, would've's, might've's don't count, did it and has done it only matters now, why are you persisting in trying to deride his accomplishment, I thought you'd given up wumming years ago on the old 606 ?

It was funny then, but not now.
What a div some people can be sometimes. I'm not deriding him one iota, it's a comment on the match, in response to another's thought about the last game. i could see that Murray was tiring - as he confirmed post match.

You're probably drinking too much so I'll lay off.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next