The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

+47
TheLittleScot
nth
teh_Dingmeister
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
BigGee
Notch
jimbopip
A Simply Mesmeric Try
poddy89
EWT Spoons
R!skysports
Ozzy3213
Solid8
SirBurger
highland_scot
nickj
Dorothy_Mantooth
aucklandlaurie
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
Biltong
MacKnocked-on
Tramptastic
Pat_Mustard
profitius
Manky-Flanker
VietGwentRevisited
madmaccas
cakeordeath
21st Century Schizoid Man
whocares
TJ
tigertattie
GLove39
alexgmacdonald
reallybored
RDW
Majestic83
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
IanBru
George Carlin
beshocked
funnyExiledScot
Captain_Sensible
bsando
51 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by bsando Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right let's get down to business shall we?!

9/11/13
Scotland vs Japan
KO - 2.30pm

17/11/13
Scotland vs South Africa
KO - 3pm

23/11/13
Scotland vs Australia
KO - 6pm

First of all, the schedule for these three matches is super. Unlike last few years, Scotland will play a less formidable team first before two tough matches against SA and Aus. SA are on a roll at the moment and will be a good, stern test for Scotland before Australia. Injuries may be an issue however as we saw in the summer.

If Scotland beat Australia that will make it 3 wins in a row vs the Wallabies which would be a fantastic achievement. But obviously wins over any of these three teams will be great.

Players

Backs M Bennett (Glasgow), C Cusiter (Glasgow), De Luca (Edinburgh), A Dunbar (Glasgow), M Evans (Castres), T Heathcote (Bath), R Jackson (Glasgow), S Lamont (Glasgow), G Laidlaw (Edinburgh), S Maitland (Glasgow), H Pyrgos (Glasgow), M Scott (Edinburgh), T Seymour (Glasgow), D Taylor (Saracens), G Tonks (Edinburgh), T Visser (Edinburgh), D Weir (Glasgow).
Forwards J Barclay (Scarlets), J Beattie (Montpellier), K Brown (Saracens), B Cowan (London Irish), G Cross (Edinburgh), D Denton (Edinburgh), A Dickinson (Edinburgh), R Ford (Edinburgh), C Fusaro (Glasgow), G Gilchrist (Edinburgh) R Grant (Glasgow), J Gray (Glasgow), R Gray (Castres), J Hamilton (Montpellier), R Harley (Glasgow), A Kellock (Glasgow), S Lawson (Newcastle), K Low (London Irish), M Low (Glasgow), P MacArthur (Glasgow), E Murray (Worcester), A Strokosch (Perpignan), T Swinson (Glasgow), J Welsh (Glasgow)

*Sorry for not updating this sooner. My girlfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago after four and a half years, three living together. I've been in a pretty bad place. However, I'm getting better and looking forward to these games so I'll continue to contribute when I can Wink

Last edited by bsando on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 3:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by RDW Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

I just don't think Cusiter's one good performance so far counts for much considering the first game is over a month away!

Laidlaw is back playing this weekend.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by alexgmacdonald Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:44 pm

There's a lot of ifs and buts and I do understand that it is a while till the first game but right at this moment Cusiter is the man playing the best.

I hope laidlaw does have a great run of form because when both him and Cusiter are playing their best they are both top class scrum halves and that can only be good for Scotland.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

playing well in one game wouldnt allow me to say Cusiter is playing the best! Consitancy is what we need!  Thats why I have stuck with Laidlaw at the moment.

Plus, Cusiter to stay fit for a whole month is a task in itself!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:52 pm

Well who is playing the best? Or is it a case of least worst?

On another point Duncan Weir is starting for Glasgow this weekend. It's great to see him back and it will be interesting to see if he picks up some form as well.

His tactical and goal kicking will be invaluable for Glasgow as that is one area where they have lacked real quality.

Having him in the mix when it comes to selection time will give Scott Johnson a different option.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm

Matt Scott on the bench for Edinburgh - great to see him back. Surprisingly early - hope's he's not being rushed.

Laidlaw starting.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:56 pm

Delighted to see Cusiter back, he's been so unlucky with injuries throughout his career but when fit he's a great scrum-half.  Hopefully he can have a injury free couple of season, could still play an important part of our RWC squad.

Rate Laidlaw, isn't a huge threat himself in terms of breaking but he's good at probing around the fringes and dictating play, plus his goal kicking is invaluable to us.

Would prefer Kennedy was ahead of Pygros, brings good tempo and sharp service.

With Weir back for Glasgow this weekend, who would people prefer see start in November?

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

I haven't seen much of Kennedy this season but I thought he was great last season when he was with Glasgow.

Top form Jackson vs top form Weir vs top form Heathcote is and interesting battle but none of them are near that level at the moment so it will be interesting.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:19 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Woops - would defo have Swinson over Kellock!

As for the Edinburgh players - would you seriously want to go into the SA and AUS game relaying on Jackson as place kicker??
Pyrgos Kicked well for Glasgow the other night. Hogg can kick. Maitland? Can he kick?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

Jonny Gray can kick. I swear it.

On the basis that trends are constant in mathematics and Scottish rugby, a 9-8 victory over the Wallabies was followed by a 9-6 victory, we can deduce that Scotland will win in November, the score being 9-4.

It's the future. I've tasted it.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

TJ wrote:

As for the Edinburgh players - would you seriously want to go into the SA and AUS game relaying on Jackson as place kicker??
Pyrgos Kicked well for Glasgow the other night.  Hogg can kick.  Maitland?  Can he kick?
For the Weege, all of Henry, Rhubarb, Meatball, angel and Hoggy can kick (and kick well); for the MFLs, I think it is Laidlaw, Francis & Leonard (may be others, but am not sure)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:41 pm

IanBru wrote:Jonny Gray can kick. I swear it.

On the basis that trends are constant in mathematics and Scottish rugby, a 9-8 victory over the Wallabies was followed by a 9-6 victory, we can deduce that Scotland will win in November, the score being 9-4.

Bru, I like your future - I will drink from it OK

Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

reallybored wrote:Delighted to see Cusiter back, he's been so unlucky with injuries throughout his career but when fit he's a great scrum-half.  Hopefully he can have a injury free couple of season, could still play an important part of our RWC squad.

Rate Laidlaw, isn't a huge threat himself in terms of breaking but he's good at probing around the fringes and dictating play, plus his goal kicking is invaluable to us.

Would prefer Kennedy was ahead of Pygros, brings good tempo and sharp service.

With Weir back for Glasgow this weekend, who would people prefer see start in November?
Think we need to see how they all perform over the next few weeks, Weir in particular - Jackson has been decent without being spectacular, Heathcote was off the pace in his brief half against Sarries, and that's been about it

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:25 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
TJ wrote:

Pyrgos Kicked well for Glasgow the other night.  Hogg can kick.  Maitland?  Can he kick?
For the Weege, all of Henry, Rhubarb, Meatball, :angel:and Hoggy can kick (and kick well); for the MFLs, I think it is Laidlaw, Francis & Leonard (may be others, but am not sure)
Nah Sean Maitland has never kicked at goal.
At Glasgow the guys who can kick at Pyrgos, Weir, Jackson?, Wight, Russell, Horne, Bennett, Hogg
Edinburgh, Laidlaw, Hidalgo-clyne, Leonard, Francis? Hunter, Scott, Tonks & Cuthbert. Ross Rennie did years ago when he played at 10
at youth rugby.

Out the Scotland squad apart from the regular kickers and the ones I mentioned above the only other ones I can remember taking a shot at goal
is Johnnie Beattie.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:26 pm

IanBru wrote:Jonny Gray can kick. I swear it.

Bru, I like your future - I will drink from it OK

Ale
Does it taste better than irn-bru ?Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm

No. NOTHING tastes better than IRN BRU.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

I'd pick

15. Hogg
14. Maitland
13. Bennett
12. Scott
11. Visser
10. Weir
9. Cusiter
8. Beattie
7. Fusaro
6. Brown
5. Swinson
4. Gray
3. Murray
2. Ford
1. Grant

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:16 pm

IanBru wrote:No. NOTHING tastes better than IRN BRU.
Then you've clearly never tried passion fruit cider! cider thumbsup 

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 05 Oct 2013, 1:21 am

Enjoying everyone's comments on here

Team that beat Aus in 2009...

Scotland: R Lamont; S Lamont, Grove, Morrison, Danielli; Godman, Cusiter; Jacobsen, Ford, Low, Hines, Kellock, Strokosch, Barclay, Beattie.

Replacements: De Luca for Morrison (40), Paterson for Danielli (63), R. Lawson for Cusiter (21), Hall for Ford (77), Traynor for Low (57), White for Strokosch (48), Vernon for Beattie (63).

I was having a look at this to freshen my memory. AR put out a very defensive team for that game and Scotland managed to squeeze a tight victory. 

I have to say, from the many games I have seen Scotland play well and win over the last 5 years (I think I can count them on one hand) their defence has been very good. With this in mind, I would like to see a very solid defensive effort this autumn. In the 6 nations Scotland are going to need to be better defensively and their scramble defence on its day is arguably the best in the business. I feel if scotland can really cement a solid defence, then the rest will come more easily.
That game against SA in the summer was brilliant, I loved the way Scotland played. They really bullied SA at times and it was really great to watch. Sadly, the composure wasn't there for the end. 
So to concur with what others have mentioned, a consistent, clear structured three games would be really great to see this autumn.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:46 am

Majestic83 wrote:
TJ wrote:

For the Weege, all of Henry, Rhubarb, Meatball, :angel:and Hoggy can kick (and kick well); for the MFLs, I think it is Laidlaw, Francis & Leonard (may be others, but am not sure)
Nah Sean Maitland has never kicked at goal.
At Glasgow the guys who can kick at Pyrgos, Weir, Jackson?, Wight, Russell, Horne, Bennett, Hogg
Edinburgh, Laidlaw, Hidalgo-clyne, Leonard, Francis? Hunter, Scott, Tonks & Cuthbert. Ross Rennie did years ago when he played at 10
at youth rugby.

Out the Scotland squad apart from the regular kickers and the ones I mentioned above the only other ones I can remember taking a shot at goal
is Johnnie Beattie.
There's a massive differences between those who CAN kick and those who you could rely on in a tight international.

Just now we have 1 - Laidlaw, and I think the only player close to his reliability is Weir

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 05 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

bsando wrote:Enjoying everyone's comments on here

Team that beat Aus in 2009...

Scotland: R Lamont; S Lamont, Grove, Morrison, Danielli; Godman, Cusiter; Jacobsen, Ford, Low, Hines, Kellock, Strokosch, Barclay, Beattie.

Replacements: De Luca for Morrison (40), Paterson for Danielli (63), R. Lawson for Cusiter (21), Hall for Ford (77), Traynor for Low (57), White for Strokosch (48), Vernon for Beattie (63).

I was having a look at this to freshen my memory. AR put out a very defensive team for that game and Scotland managed to squeeze a tight victory. 

I have to say, from the many games I have seen Scotland play well and win over the last 5 years (I think I can count them on one hand) their defence has been very good. With this in mind, I would like to see a very solid defensive effort this autumn. In the 6 nations Scotland are going to need to be better defensively and their scramble defence on its day is arguably the best in the business. I feel if scotland can really cement a solid defence, then the rest will come more easily.
That game against SA in the summer was brilliant, I loved the way Scotland played. They really bullied SA at times and it was really great to watch. Sadly, the composure wasn't there for the end. 
So to concur with what others have mentioned, a consistent, clear structured three games would be really great to see this autumn.
Happy days, Bsando. No wonder we couldn't score any tries but some of those players are some of Scotland's best defensive generals in recent years - Morrison, Grove, Schlong, White, Cusiter, Hines and Strokosch.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 05 Oct 2013, 1:33 pm

Yeah exactly GC! But now, there is a much better balance. That side went on to the 6N in 2010 and came agonisingly close to achieving Scotland's best 6N performance ever, but the calibre of players in attack was just not up to it.

Now Scotland have that attacking threat and can still plausibly defend very well, as we saw against Ireland in the 6N.

2009 vs 2013

Jacobsen   Grant
Ford                               Ford
Low                               Cross
Hines        Gray
Kellock                           Swinson
Strockosh                        Strockosh
Barclay                           Brown
Beattie                            Beattie
Cusiter                            Laidlaw
Godman     Weir
Danielli      Visser
Morrison     Dunbar
Grove         Scott
SLamont                          Maitland
RLamont     Hogg

My automatic feeling is Scotland's pack is not as potent as it once was. It hasn't changed too much but time is a big factor. Barclay is not in same form as he was then, nor is Beattie and Ford. Hines is gone. Addition of Gray, Swinson and Grant is a definite positive, but overall, I really think Scotland's pack is not what it was a few years ago. However, there are some great new players developing in various positions and Scotland have a good forwards coach in Jonathan Humphreys.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 05 Oct 2013, 1:48 pm

bsando - are you honestly serious about selecting De Luca as a squad player. Exactly how many chances do we give him ? Marcus Di Rollover Rollo was a better centre ffs and he was shockingly bad ! What has happened to Grove - 100 times the player that Knock-on Nick is ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 05 Oct 2013, 3:03 pm

haha, not really, I'll knock him off. At the moment Grove could be a slight possibility as he did get game time for Scotland A this year. How is he playing at Warriors? NDL is 29 now and has impressive international record of 38 caps and 1 try.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 05 Oct 2013, 3:50 pm

Grove doesn't play for Glasgow - Worcester I think

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 05 Oct 2013, 4:36 pm

That's who I meant schiz Very Happy

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 05 Oct 2013, 5:14 pm

I think Australia are there for the taking based on their recent performances, I think our pack is pretty even and our backs could be a real threat to them based on the Lions series. Mark Bennett is very similar to Davies in some respects and could cause real problems to the Aussies.
We're also at home to South Africa and the players should feel confident against SA based on their performance away and without the Lions, Brown and Ford. They should also be looking for revenge and I personally think we should choose a Scottish touch judge who, if SA score, looks back upon the whole game to find a problem with SA and disallow the try.
Also finally the SRU have had the sense not to play the first game of the season against one of the top two and have given the team an easier game to gel before they play South Africa having said that they can't get complacent, we cannot have a repeat of the Tongan debacle.

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 06 Oct 2013, 1:16 am

Yeah numbers, agree regarding Tonga fiasco. That was a terrible day that I wish to never experience again.

Regarding Australia, there is no way I am going to say they're there for the taking. Back three tonight have been phenomenal against Arg. Folau has scored a hatrick, Tomane scored a screamer from halfway, AAC scored a great one too.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 1:55 am

Bloody hell, just seen the Wallabies score.
Going to be one hell of a battle to make it 3 in a row based on that.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Oct 2013, 8:26 am

Wallaby highlights:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies/rugby-championship-live-follow-the-action-as-the-pumas-host-the-wallabies-in-rosario/story-e6frf55l-1226733628180

Yep, our job just got a lot more difficult. Stopping Folau is going to be key for anyone playing them.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

Huge win for the wallabies - shows they are still a top team.

Definitely going to be a tough game and we have to try go take them up front.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

Oh I guess I won't bother watching that game now :-(

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm

Good news on the scrum half front.
Laidlaw played the full 80 for Edinburgh today and looked good. Had some lovely snipes around the ruck (just a shame there was no support on hand). Some nice tactical kicking, goal kicked very well and looked hungry. Encouraging stuff there.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

After this weekend's game this would be my starting team for the 3 games:

1: Grant
2: MacArthur
3: Murray (big game player)
4: R Gray
5: Hamilton (Swinson's coming on but Hamilton's our sole enforcer)
6: Denton (Edinburgh's only standout so far)
7: Brown (Can't leave him out and Barclay's look so-so)
8: Beattie (Big game player again)
9: Laidlaw
10: Jackson
11: Visser (Big game player)
12 - Scott (Please be fit)
13 - Bennett (who would'a thought!)
14 - Maitland
15 - Hogg (too much class to leave out)

Ford, Welsh, Low, Swinson, Strockosh, Cusiter, Weir, Dunbar

Great looking squad. Could easily switch the subs on and wouldn't be at all disappointed. Exciting times.

Taylor isn't there yet and should keep going with Scotland A, where possible. One for the future.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:06 pm

To me 10 is the real critical pick and there are still games to play

Jackson - looks as good as I have ever seen him some lovely crisp passing and variation - seems to be crucial to take the place kicking away from him tho 'cos if he misses one his whole game collapses

Heathcote - not seen much of him but does he have the experience for internationals?

Weir - he would be my choice. He has had a duff couple of seasons with injuries and too much bench warming. He is far more than a kicking 10 as we know from the demolition of the saxons he orchestrated a couple of years ago. A whole hearted player with an eye for the gap and a cool head on him Really huge kicks from hand and decent place kicking

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:49 pm

I think Matt Scott has a fight on his hands for the 12 jersey, been impressed with Dunbar's form.  Always seems willing to crash up static ball which I feel Scott sometimes lacks considering his size.  Confident Bennett will at play because the whole of Scottish rugby is itching to see if he's as good as we hope.

You'd expect Murray's previous performances against the beast to edge out Welsh at this point in time.

Is Hamilton fit, last time I checked he'd missed a couple games due to injury?  

Fly-half is going to be interesting, I'd prefer Weir because of his kicking game but Toonies selection will probably be the deciding factor.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:49 am

Weir has only played 2 club games and 1 Rabo game since he's been back, so he's well behind Jackson in terms of match sharpness as the Rhubarb has played every game for Glasgow, including the Chiefs pre-season match. I am usually quite critical of Jackson (because I want him to show more) but he really has been playing well and as long as he doesn't have goalkicking responsibilities (Laidlaw or Hogg will, presumably) then I think he is the incumbent and Weir will have to show enough to displace him.

12 is the other very, very difficult call. I haven't seen enough of Scott to know how he's been playing but I know that Dunbar has been playing well and his defensive nous is excellent.

3 is also difficult. Since his Northampton days ended, Murray's best performances have come in Scotland navy and he always raises his game for internationals, where he also does a pile of defensive work. Johnson is a big fan, so I think that he will go for 1. Grant 2. Ford 3. Murray (although I don't think Ross deserves the shirt at the moment).
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:12 am

Weir needs some game time for sure. I just think he is the better player. I hope he gets chance to prove it this year.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:17 am

Again we need to remember there's another 4 or 5 games before the AIs - plenty time to for people to play themselves back into fitness / form.

I'd like to see more of the Scott / Dunbar partnership. I still think Dunbar lacks a bit of pace for an international 13, but they were pretty effective in the summer and will definitely give us go forward.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:52 am

Do you think there will be any bolters or unexpected returns for players that haven't played for Scotland in a while??

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:25 am

I'm a big fan of Weir but he's only played one game and Jackson actually looks to be controlling the game really well. He has been injecting pace into static ball and seems to have sorted his indecisiveness (hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!).

Alex in regards to bolters, may sound crazy but with Newcastle back in the Aviva I wouldn't be surprised is Ali Hogg entered the picture at some point. He's only 30 so should be available until the World Cup and has experience to spare. From what I've seen he's been the stand out player for the Falcons.

The same could be said for Godman. I would put him ahead of Scott Wight (to be fair I'd put my gran ahead of Scott Wight) in Scotland's pecking order. As Heathcote isn't getting any real game time at Bath I'd say he should be 3rd choice fly half (cue abuse).

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:29 am

Hi,

Did I read somewhere that Grant and Ford have struggled to adapt to the new scrum regs?

also people seem to be very negative about Hogg atm.

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:33 am

Grant has given away a few penalties recently (rightly or wrongly), and Edinburgh lost on against the head on Sunday as Ford forgot to hook.

I think they'll be fine as they are good scrummagers.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

I have always been impressed by them in the tight. Not so sure about ford when it comes to lineouts - he has seemed to suffer the yips when playing for Scotland recently.

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:50 am

The Edinburgh lineout has been one of the few positives this season, but yes is is prone to the yips. He floats the ball too much for my liking, giving the opposition jumper too much time to read it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:31 pm

Refs have been announced for the AI's and great news everyone we've avoided clown shoe Clancy Yahoo 

JP Doyle (Scotland v Japan)
Jerome Garces (Scotland V SA)
Jaco Peyper (Scotland v Australia)

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:34 pm

GLove39 wrote:Refs have been announced for the AI's and great news everyone we've avoided clown shoe Clancy Yahoo 

JP Doyle (Scotland v Japan)
Jerome Garces (Scotland V SA)
Jaco Peyper (Scotland v Australia)

Not sure the three you have are amongthe top tier of refs, but the one highlighted is dreadful every time I see him, with no control at all of physical matches. Good job he is not reffing Scotland against a physical team I guess Wink

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

Yeah, i was slightly supprised not to see any of the big names there.

Still pleased to see Peyper there, he reffed the Italian game in the 6 Nations which flowed nicely. And more importantly he was the man in charge of our last game V Australia! A good omen surely?

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:57 pm

Tommy Allan has been called into the Italy squad for the AIs.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Captain_Sensible wrote:Tommy Allan has been called into the Italy squad for the AIs.
Shocked 

Is he Italian??

That's the guy that's played for Perpignan isn't ir? Can't have him going to the Italians!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Captain_Sensible wrote:Tommy Allan has been called into the Italy squad for the AIs.
Shocked 

Is he Italian??

That's the guy that's played for Perpignan isn't ir? Can't have him going to the Italians!
His mother is, hence 'Tommaso' - boat missed if it's true Shocked 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next