The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum

+25
JabMachineMK2
horizontalhero
Izzi
quentins_monkey
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
Boxtthis
huw
jimdig
joeyjojo618
Derbymanc
titaniumjaw
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
catchweight
hogey
hazharrison
kingraf
Valero's Conscience
Rowley
KingMonkey
Gerry SA
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum - Page 5 Empty Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum

Post by Strongback Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

EXCLUSIVE: Promoter Bob Arum says Amir Khan is being "humiliated" by Floyd Mayweather and believes the American will fight Marcos Maidana.

By Gareth A Davies, Boxing Correspondent 10:08AM GMT 19 Feb 2014

Amir Khan has been ritually humiliated by Floyd Mayweather and made a laughing stock, claims veteran promoter Bob Arum, who has even labelled Mayweather's actions "a disgrace".

Arum, who promoted Muhammad Ali and has overseen the rise of Manny Pacquiao, believes Khan will not get the fight with Mayweather he has been holding out for since November last year. Mayweather has stated that he will fight on May 3, but is refusing to announce his opponent yet.

Khan signed a contract to fight Mayweather this year, made that fact public last year and, in the last two weeks, the undefeated American has set up a poll on his Twitter account asking fans to vote on whether he should fight Khan, or Argentinian Marcos Maidana.

"What he has done to Amir Khan is absolutely disgraceful, whether he ends up fighting him, or he doesn't," Arum told Telegraph Sport in an exclusive interview from Macau, China, where his boxer, Zou Shiming, the former double Olympic gold medallist, fights this weekend.

"My feeling is he is not going to fight him, but it's disgraceful to do that to another human being because you are in a position to do that. Just because he has the power where you can do something like that.

"If a promoter did it, if a Bob Arum or a Frank Warren did it the press would be all over them. They have allowed Myweather to get away with this s***. It's terrible.

"They have twisted the kid in the wind. Mayweather should be ashamed of himself. He's not going to sign the contract. I think he will fight Maidana."

Arum's advice? Forget about the payday with undefeated Mayweather - boxing's No 1 pound-for-pound fighter.
"Cut your ties with these people, be a man," he said. "You were the great hope of England at one point. I have Olympic gold medal winners with me. The pride with which Vasyl Lomachenko and Zou Shiming carry themselves is astonishing."

Lomachenko, the double Olympic gold medallist, and one of the most decorated amateur fighters in history, is in action next weekend in San Antonio, Texas, fighting Orlando Salido for the WBO featherweight world title - only his second professional fight.

"These people will never be humiliated like that," Arum added. "Amir Khan has put himself in a position where he can be humiliated. He's like a laughing stock. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

"He's not fighting back and telling these guys to get lost. Get another promoter, maybe go back to Frank Warren, get another opponent and tell them to p*** off."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/10648329/Floyd-Mayweathers-treatment-of-Amir-Khan-is-a-disgrace-says-promoter-Bob-Arum.html

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum - Page 5 Empty Re: Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

Wheres the personal spite coming from then?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum - Page 5 Empty Re: Floyd's treatment of Khan is 'a disgrace', says Bob Arum

Post by Gerry SA Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:17 pm

What difference does it make what nationality Izzi is?

His assessment of the fighters I named are his opinion.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Izzi - are you indian?
He does have a rather irrational hatred for Khan doesn't he Shah, there's dislike and then there's the fairly distasteful comments Izzi makes.

We all have fighters we can't stand. Dave has Froch for instance. I have Khan, Groves, Wlad etc.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm

Dave has a gripe with Froch's persona but not once has he ever said he wants to see him knocked out and put into a coma, that's going a bit too far.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm

Gerry SA wrote:What difference does it make what nationality Izzi is?

Because normally he is fairly reasonable even in his dislike. With Khan its different.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:22 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Dave has a gripe with Froch's persona but not once has he ever said he wants to see him knocked out and put into a coma, that's going a bit too far.

Not sure I've ever said I want to see him in a coma.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:23 pm

Just trying to work out who you are, there's a few newcomers like you who are clearly old posters.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

Probably Coxy Laugh RJJ is the greatest fighter who ever lived

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm

Strongback wrote:People seem to be excusing Mayweather's behaviour because Khan has also treated other fighters badly in the past.

My view is two wrongs don't makes a right.

Whatever your take on Khan, and I'm no fan of the way some of his entourage have behaved in the past, I can only come to the conclusion that Floyd has royally taken the pi$$ out of Khan.

The Mayweather circus has chewed Khan up and spat him out.  Floyd getting a drama going only sells more tickets/PPV.

In this case two wrongs do make a right, Khan should practice what he preaches before complaining about how he's been treated.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

I agree entirely with the above, if you have any sympathy for Khan Google search Khan - im a superstar (i would post the link but i havent been on here in a while so not 100% on the rules for putting up links) and you will see a sky sports page with a video of Khan before the Garcia fight and when asked about fighting his domestic rivals 'im a superstar in the sport hence why i get so many young fighters calling me out and i ignore them' and now people are moaning as the genuine superstar of boxing is ignoring Khan?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:What difference does it make what nationality Izzi is?

Because normally he is fairly reasonable even in his dislike. With Khan its different.

You can keep on insinuating this is about race, usual standard response when there is an opinion towards an ethnic minority.

I don't rate khan technically, he leaves his chin dangling when he throws his pit pat punches

He can't take a punch for love nor money

He is a gobby little Poopie

He acts like he's world class. He isn't

He's a chav

If he'd have actually won his big fights rather than have 2 recent losses he may well have deserved a crack at FMJ, as it stands he is constantly running his mouth and that is the main thing that pisses me off.

And by the way, I backed Khan verbally and financially against Maidana. I actually supported him until the Peterson fight when he cried like a little baby and it started to turn me off him.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:29 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Just trying to work out who you are, there's a few newcomers like you who are clearly old posters.

Pm the mods.... If you think that?!

I'll tell you who I really am....

Father Christmas

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:31 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Probably Coxy :laugh:RJJ is the greatest fighter who ever lived
I think you're right, the same delusions of grandeur and the same argumentative nature.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:31 pm

Actually I had thought you were the indian guy on 606 who used to say such things about Khan - buts theres a spite there that is on a personal or other reasons list rather than just idiocy. Like Steffans Froch hatred - thats how your Khan hatred is

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:33 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Actually I had thought you were the indian guy on 606 who used to say such things about Khan - buts theres a spite there that is on a personal or other reasons list rather than just idiocy. Like Steffans Froch hatred - thats how your Khan hatred is

If Khan were to fight Manny I'd be backing Khan... So you can guess how much I don't like him.

Happy?

Not that he deserves a fight with him yet, so won't start.. Again.. Wink

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm

Khan Is world class..

Shah is right...You need to cool it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:35 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Probably Coxy :laugh:RJJ is the greatest fighter who ever lived
I think you're right, the same delusions of grandeur and the same argumentative nature.

This coxy lad seems like my sort of guy then!

Forums would be boring if we all licked each other rims and had the same opinion.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

It isn't a dumbed down Coxy..

He'd know playing slim shady on here would be tedious day after day...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 22 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People are excusing his behaviour because like Hearn and Haye..People are sick of you picking on him

So Floyd has been exemplary with his dealings with Khan?

As I said earlier I don't hate Floyd but some of the antics he uses to create a fuss can be a bit tiresome.

He's also not making a great case for himself as a Top 10 ATG. Easy money over legacy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 22 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

Can I just ask everyone to remain on topic please.

Izy, like anyone else on this site, is allowed opinions.

He has posted reasons as to why he dislikes khan, so can you all please move on.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 1:15 pm

I was just answering the Coxy enquiry...

and I like some of Slim Shady's stuff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 22 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

no-mas wrote:
Strongback wrote:People seem to be excusing Mayweather's behaviour because Khan has also treated other fighters badly in the past.

Whatever your take on Khan, and I'm no fan of the way some of his entourage have behaved in the past, I can only come to the conclusion that Floyd has royally taken the pi$$ out of Khan.

The Mayweather circus has chewed Khan up and spat him out.  Floyd getting a drama going only sells more tickets/PPV.

In this case two wrongs do make a right, Khan should practice what he preaches before complaining about how he's been treated.

I agree entirely with the above, if you have any sympathy for Khan Google search Khan - im a superstar (i would post the link but i havent been on here in a while so not 100% on the rules for putting up links) and you will see a sky sports page with a video of Khan before the Garcia fight and when asked about fighting his domestic rivals 'im a superstar in the sport hence why i get so many young fighters calling me out and i ignore them' and now people are moaning as the genuine superstar of boxing is ignoring Khan?

Mayweather and Khan negotiated a deal and Khan signed his side of the contract a few months ago. Floyd then got windy probably because he overestimated Khan's PPV drawing power.

Khan never did this to any fighter.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

That is still Khans fault, does it not strike you as stupidity to hang around for months hoping for a fight when the other guy hasn't even signed a contract.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That is still Khans fault, does it not strike you as stupidity to hang around for months hoping for a fight when the other guy hasn't even signed a contract.

Stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, to name but a few.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:19 pm

I suppose Floyd can do no wrong in some peoples minds.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:19 pm

Strongback wrote:
no-mas wrote:

Mayweather and Khan negotiated a deal and Khan signed his side of the contract a few months ago. Floyd then got windy probably because he overestimated Khan's PPV drawing power.

Khan never did this to any fighter.

Alexander? to be fair he didnt sign a contract but he did lead him a merry little dance until alexander had to give up and find someone else, an example Khan should follow

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:25 pm

Strongback wrote:I suppose Floyd can do no wrong in some peoples minds.
This is why your opinions aren't taken seriously, you always fall back to this. It's not Mayweathers fault that Khan has hung around for years begging for the fight, he's not a puppet master.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

Strongback wrote:I suppose Floyd can do no wrong in some peoples minds.

I didnt say he can do no wrong, but isnt it a good thing in reality? People complain about poor match ups all the time, there were rumblings of a Mayweather Vs Khan fight and people went into melt down saying it is a p*ss poor fight and now Mayweather is having 2nd thoughts, if only it happened more often!

Bottom line is if Khans team had an ounce of brain power they would have put a clause in the contract to say the fight would be agreed/ announced within so long not sit and wait around for nearly a year then cry when the public reject the idea of the fight and Mayweather looks elsewhere

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 22 Feb 2014, 2:46 pm

Izzi wrote:

Forums would be boring if we all licked each other rims and had the same opinion.

Eh there's no real danger of that ever happening (both the everyone having the same opinion, and the rim licking for that matter).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5