The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread

+48
KC
oxring
aja424
Billy Shears
bellchees
Ozzy3213
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Fernando
Jukebox Timebomb
scfc1992
Midnight Sting
Mr Bounce
sodhat
Colan (niner)
OasisBFC
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
marcellus wallace
J.Benson II
slash912
sugarrayb
Lord of Colchester
Small Time
jimdig
coxy0001
Eyetoldyouso
wow_junky
HumanWindmill
Rowley
captain carrantuohil
shenglong1983
joeyjojo618
Imperial Ghosty
Lumbering_Jack
Day V Lately
Boxtthis
Scottrf
Marky
BALTIMORA
azania
sonic_boom10
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Young_Towzer
licence_007
AdZacO
Fists of Fury
Sugar Boy Sweetie
52 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 19 May - 22:29

First topic message reminder :

48 hours til fight time, it's been discussed enough on here but nows the time to make your official prediction - who, when and why?

Has to be DeGale for me, have been a fan of his boxing since he turned pro - seems to have a multitude of attributes, slick southpaw skills, good defence, speed, accurate punching. Groves can box too, but not as well as JD, although he's a better puncher and has guts. There are some variables that make me think it wont be all degale. Firstly, the more I see him the more I question whether he has the physicality to go to war at 168 - he looks slight in comparison to the likes of froch and dirrell etc. - even to groves. Also JD isnt a huge puncher, if GG feels he can walk him down he may be able to take degale to the trenches - unchartered territory for him.

Reckon with so much pride on the line it'll start cagey, not get going til maybe the 3rd, when GG will start trying to put the presure on. If DeGale decides to fight fire with fire it could be anyone's game, but I dont see this being a war. I see DeGale being a bit too evasive, a bit to quick and accurate with his hands and groves being a bit too wide open.

Am gonna go with DeGale via unanimous decision.

PS Hope I'm wrong, have gone off DeGale in the build up and wouldnt mind seeing Groves take him down a peg or two.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 15:41

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Someone wrote:
Groves: 11st 13lbs 7oz
DeGale: 11st 13lbs 6oz

Apparently Clev and his opponent made weight.

Anyone have SSN on?

Ditto..... Where's our resident deluded poster as he's probably watching it and can give a detailed and concise explanation of exactly how drained either fighter was, who's heart rate was higher (nerves), what they're thinking (mind reader as well you see) and whose body is most perfect machine like.... all from just looking at them.....

Their ring weights will be no more than a couple of pounds difference...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 15:43

Balti

Please not lets start, i've been calm and composed today...!

What's your take on the fight? If Degale does win be sure to keep an eye out for Pascal by UD as that'd net me £100.... Clev fight has been voided off the treble though

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord of Colchester Fri 20 May - 15:59

Groves wins early - 2nd or 3rd round. Believe Degale will be too flash and get tagged.

Lord of Colchester

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 16:04

coxy0001 wrote:Balti

Please not lets start, i've been calm and composed today...!

What's your take on the fight? If Degale does win be sure to keep an eye out for Pascal by UD as that'd net me £100.... Clev fight has been voided off the treble though

My take? As much as I'd like to think Groves has learned a load from Dirrell and will surprise and dumfound both us fans as well as Degale, leading to a brutal mid rounds demolition of the pouting sullen tosspot, I realistically expect Degimp to take anything from a last third stoppage to a reasonable (8-4) UD. Meat & two veg versus a bit of flair.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarrayb Fri 20 May - 16:10

No brainer, too fast too classy, better at a distance and better inside. More technically gifted, better footwork, the only thing unkown about De Gale is his chin, which is more than likely to be a match for Groves' own whiskers!

De Gale inside of 6 one sided rounds.

sugarrayb

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Fri 20 May - 16:29

Willy Hill online are offering 10/1 on Groves decision at the moment, I've got a quid on that and a quid on DeGale round 8 at 12/1.
I initially felt DeGale would have too much and would stop him mid to late but I've been swayed to risk a whole pound on Groves to eek out a decision too!

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 16:37

Slash, you sure are the last of the big risk takers buddy! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Fri 20 May - 16:39

Haha yep, but that's nothing compared to the £3:80 I have on a Pascal, Lebedev and Dawson treble!

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Fri 20 May - 17:01

Dave, the Dilks fight was stopped early yeh, but i think most fighters considered prospects seem to get a few kind stoppages, I dont Smith was kind stoppage though and think Degale hurt himenough to get the fight stopped legit.

Smith is a decent domestic pro, whos been in against other decent domestic pros like Quigley and Dodson, cant remember anyone else to be fair, hes not world class, not even close, but he is tough and can take a dig, Degale's never gonna be a ko merchant but he hurt Smith with single punchers, I'd say Groves chin isnt as strong as Smith's, though he can fire back to much better effect.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 20 May - 19:30

sugarrayb wrote:No brainer, too fast too classy, better at a distance and better inside. More technically gifted, better footwork, the only thing unkown about De Gale is his chin, which is more than likely to be a match for Groves' own whiskers!

De Gale inside of 6 one sided rounds.

I dont see DeGale being better inside. He needs to stand within punches to let his flurries go. Groves will work the body and sap his strength. As JD wilts under the sustained pressure GG will apply JD will not cope. GG by UD.

Plus JD is a light puncher. Has he actually KO'd anyone. Ref seems to stop his fights early as soon as those Calzaghe like slaps go.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Fri 20 May - 20:08

Based on what weve seen I cant see why anyone would rate Groves inside work over Degale's, way way too open. He's even more vulnarable going backwards.

Not long to find out now though

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 20 May - 21:03

If both guys give 100%, Degale will win.

I'm going for Degale by UD or possibly late stoppage.
I think the first 6 rounds will be very close and I wouldnt be surprised if Degale gets dropped early. However, I think Degale will start taking control by the mid rounds and will be coasting by the end.

Only way Groves wins is if Degale seriously underestimates him.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Fri 20 May - 22:59

dont contribute much to the boxing forum.because i would feel out of my depth.i hope hope groves wins but i feel jdg is technically better but will still go for gorgeous george.with a keekah or 2.mainly because he seems like a decent and humble human. unlike his rival

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 20 May - 23:12

marcellus wallace wrote:dont contribute much to the boxing forum.because i would feel out of my depth.i hope hope groves wins but i feel jdg is technically better but will still go for gorgeous george.with a keekah or 2.mainly because he seems like a decent and humble human. unlike his rival

YOu shouldn't feel out of your depth. There are many here with little boxing knowledge yet claim to know it all. Whistle

You're always welcome to contribute and please do so. But what on earth is a keekah?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Fri 20 May - 23:35

azania wrote:
marcellus wallace wrote:dont contribute much to the boxing forum.because i would feel out of my depth.i hope hope groves wins but i feel jdg is technically better but will still go for gorgeous george.with a keekah or 2.mainly because he seems like a decent and humble human. unlike his rival

YOu shouldn't feel out of your depth. There are many here with little boxing knowledge yet claim to know it all. Whistle

You're always welcome to contribute and please do so. But what on earth is a keekah?

a black eye in scottish lingo. if spelt right (suppose nothing is spelt right or left in my lingo)is a black eye

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 23:37

azania wrote:

YOu shouldn't feel out of your depth. There are many here with little boxing knowledge yet claim to know it all. DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread - Page 2 590675

Names!!!!!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 23:40

prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:

YOu shouldn't feel out of your depth. There are many here with little boxing knowledge yet claim to know it all. DeGale V Groves - Official Prediction Thread - Page 2 590675

Names!!!!!
Scottrf

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 23:41

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:

Names!!!!!
Scottrf

No arguements from me Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 23:43

!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Fri 20 May - 23:45

so im a free from debate Very Happy

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Fri 20 May - 23:45

so im a free from debate Very Happy

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 23:46

Can you describe what you look like?

Do you look like a bitch?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 23:48

Nice line of questioning their Scott.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 23:49

I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 23:53

I never said you asked me anything. I merely commented on your line of questioning. What you getting all touchy about?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 23:55

They are film quotes mate. He's named after a Pulp Fiction character https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrDuGyZ6FA&feature=related

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Fri 20 May - 23:55

u talkin to me

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 23:58

I never even realised his name was from Pulp Fiction when I seen it! Classic film.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Sat 21 May - 0:10

and your point is? are you not allowed a nick name.i thought thats what forums like this were all about stating a opinion? correct me if im wrong apart from ridiculin edit speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 21 May - 0:12

Have you been drinking?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 21 May - 0:14

Think he may be on drugs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 21 May - 8:37

marcellus wallace wrote:and your point is? are you not allowed a nick name.i thought thats what forums like this were all about stating a opinion? correct me if im wrong apart from ridiculin edit speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin

Stay on board mate. We're just a bunch of self righteous prima donas here who think we're the only ones who are entitled to hold an opinion. Plus you're teaching me a new language called Scottish. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 21 May - 8:37

prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:

Names!!!!!

censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sat 21 May - 9:15

No drugs but he got raped of a hill billy cop while a gimp was in the corner, bound to scar him.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Sat 21 May - 9:23

🤦 wrong

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 21 May - 19:23

Groves by KO in 1

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 21 May - 19:26

azania wrote:
marcellus wallace wrote:and your point is? are you not allowed a nick name.i thought thats what forums like this were all about stating a opinion? correct me if im wrong apart from ridiculin edit speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin

Stay on board mate. We're just a bunch of self righteous prima donas here who think we're the only ones who are entitled to hold an opinion. Plus you're teaching me a new language called Scottish. Very Happy

Az all you need to do is swear a lot and speak quite fast pretty simple. Always better when you are drunk though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 21 May - 19:38

Heart says Groves by late stoppage. Head says DeGale by late stoppage. Either way, still really looking forward to this one. Never been a fan of this 'the fight is too early for them, let's put if off for a year or two' mentality which is rife in boxing today. There are no guarantees for the future - if there's a chance to make a fight which settles a rivalry and the public want to see, just get it made before the opportunity is gone. It's refreshing to see that Groves and DeGale have done just that.

I will say, though, that I have a dreadful feeling that the referee will stop one of them as soon as a decent flurry lands, with the man on the receiving end in no real trouble, a trait which we see all too often these days. Hope my gut is wrong on that one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 21 May - 19:54

i had a dream the other night that degale won by UD.
i was ill with a fever though and had one of these restless dreams which seem to go on all night.

not worth putting a punt on it, although winning money on degale would be a small bonus considering i really want groves to do the business.

anyone know the fight times??

cheers

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 21 May - 19:59

myp2p has it down as starting at 9, but i dunno how much of the card that is...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 21 May - 20:16

thanks pal, really excited about this.
more so than i have been about the last khan or haye fights.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 21 May - 20:33

can anyone please give me alink to the groves fight, I have sky but dont have a telephone connection in my room and cant watch it downstairs as family are watching stuff, I'm screwed

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 21 May - 20:58

niner wrote:can anyone please give me alink to the groves fight, I have sky but dont have a telephone connection in my room and cant watch it downstairs as family are watching stuff, I'm screwed

Myp2p.eu will have it streaming.

You may need to install sopcast or another media player to watch though. Good luck!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 21 May - 21:06

thanks m8

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 21 May - 21:23

Groves TKO in 8. Just got a feeling.

Now watch DeGale destroy him in 2... Very Happy

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sat 21 May - 21:28

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4dd2dd48b0291

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sting Sat 21 May - 21:33

Groves to take a points victory. Feel Degale will be too desperate for the knockout, which Groves will be too cute to allow. Groves to keep it at range.

Midnight Sting

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 21 May - 21:35

Mickey Rourke's there with Steve Collins, says he's a big fan of Haye so he's there supporting Groves! Brilliant bit of celebrity endorsement!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by scfc1992 Sat 21 May - 21:52

Groves KO hopefully, it'll shut that cocky Kumquat up.

scfc1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sat 21 May - 22:09

What a terrible show so far.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next