The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+25
lorus59
BlueCoverman
puligny
Plunky
Diggers
mystiroakey
super_realist
MontysMerkin
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
pedro
McLaren
incontinentia
westisbest
Davie
beninho
kwinigolfer
GunsGerms
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
raycastleunited
SmithersJones
golfermartin
JAS
barragan
29 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 25 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rugby players are too fat to catch us Davie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm

Congrats Ben!

Hitler! There you go Davie. Time to move on everyone...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by SmithersJones Wed 23 Apr 2014, 11:09 pm

I remember thinking at 24 weeks, reading the emails my wife used to get along the lines of 'it's now the size of a lemon/orange/small cabbage...' that it was late on, but apparently it's the point beyond which the chances of a baby surviving outside the womb (is the distinction that simple - embryo then foetus in the womb, baby outside it?) are better than 50/50. There's some suggestion the legal cut off may be brought down to 18 weeks, which I think I'd agree with unless there were exceptional circumstances.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 6:50 am

Mmm, you get disgustingly fat women who might not even notice they were pregnant at 18 weeks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Apr 2014, 7:37 am

Cheers guys, it's number 1, so a new experience. And very expensive. Just brought a new car and looked at a buggy the other day..the wife likes one at £820. I'd want it to push the baby itself for that much!! Then you've got car seats, base units, extra furniture. All at a tines when joint salary goes down for 9 months. Goodbye golf it seems.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Apr 2014, 7:44 am

Davie wrote:Can someone please mention Hitler in this conversation then we can invoke Godwin's Law and move on? :P

What is your issue with us discussing this topic? It is on the off topic thread after all.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 8:06 am

Ben, mine are 5 (nearly) and 2. I've got far more pushchairs in the garage than I've had rounds of golf in the past two years!
I think the 24 week cut off date is about right, there doesn't appear to be a clamour to change it. Would be interesting to know how many happen that last, I suspect the vast majority happen inside 10-12 weeks.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:18 am

beninho wrote:Cheers guys, it's number 1, so a new experience. And very expensive. Just brought a new car and looked at a buggy the other day..the wife likes one at £820. I'd want it to push the baby itself for that much!! Then you've got car seats, base units, extra furniture. All at a tines when joint salary goes down for 9 months. Goodbye golf it seems.

Dont bother with the expensive buggies they are only for show most of them. Get a Mclaren.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

GunsGerms wrote:
beninho wrote:Cheers guys, it's number 1, so a new experience. And very expensive. Just brought a new car and looked at a buggy the other day..the wife likes one at £820. I'd want it to push the baby itself for that much!! Then you've got car seats, base units, extra furniture. All at a tines when joint salary goes down for 9 months. Goodbye golf it seems.

Dont bother with the expensive buggies they are only for show most of them. Get a Mclaren.

Careful,get a Mclaren and your kid will start reading the Guardian, book blurbs, support Man U and Tiger Woods for no reason and will get the bus to the golf club.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

Is that a reference to the poster called McLaren here? Seriously though spending £820 on a stroller is madness. You can get very useful McLaren buggies that last longer than some of the really expensive ones.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:37 am

Kids are fiendishly expensive. How can poor people afford them?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Apr 2014, 9:55 am

We have to take into account space, as only in a 2 bed maisonette, wants something light and easy to us for the wife. The carry cot on the Bugaboo, folds down to very little, as does the pram. The carry cot is also very fine for overnight sleeping. Its expensive, yes, but compared to the one we looked at only a couple of hundred more. And it was very good.

Kids are expensive, but only as expensive as you want to make it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:06 am

You can always use cloth reusable nappies if you want to cut costs. I wonder do people still do that?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:17 am

Sure you'd spend as much on electricity with washing machines and tumble dryers Germs. Kids are hard work enough without the hassle of cloth nappies.
Ben, I never had a Bugaboo but agree from what I've heard its the best. Keep it in good nick and you can always flog it later.
McLaren buggies are great but the kids to be a bit older. To be honest my youngest was walking at 11 months and has been zooming around on a scooter since well before she was 2, copies her sister. They love the freedom of being out of a buggy and life's a lot easier without them.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:21 am

a friend of mine still has their 3 year old in a buggy. Kick her out and make her walk.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:27 am

Diggers wrote:Sure you'd spend as much on electricity with washing machines and tumble dryers Germs. Kids are hard work enough without the hassle of cloth nappies.
Ben, I never had a Bugaboo but agree from what I've  heard its the best. Keep it in good nick and you can always flog it later.
McLaren buggies are great but the kids to be a bit older. To be honest my youngest was walking at 11 months and has been zooming around on a scooter since well before she was 2, copies her sister. They love the freedom of being out of a buggy and life's a lot easier without them.

Handwash and clotheslines. Oldschool.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:28 am

super_realist wrote:a friend of mine still has their 3 year old in a buggy. Kick her out and make her walk.

I saw a 7/8 year old with a soother recently. WTF!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:29 am

Congrats ben.

My boy is 6 months old today.

Certainly flown by.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:36 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:Sure you'd spend as much on electricity with washing machines and tumble dryers Germs. Kids are hard work enough without the hassle of cloth nappies.
Ben, I never had a Bugaboo but agree from what I've  heard its the best. Keep it in good nick and you can always flog it later.

Handwash and clotheslines. Oldschool.

Oldschool=unnecessary hassle
Mind you if you are in Ireland and have 23 kids I suppose the savings might be worth it.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

That's the higher end of the scale Diggers, the average family size in Ireland today has dropped to 14.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:45 am

Diggers wrote:
Mind you if you are in Ireland and have 23 kids I suppose the savings might be worth it.

The biggest family in Ireland has 13 the biggest in the UK has 17. Ignorance is bliss.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:53 am

GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:a friend of mine still has their 3 year old in a buggy. Kick her out and make her walk.

What is a soother?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:

The biggest family in Ireland has 13 the biggest in the UK has 17. Ignorance is bliss.

The Irish parents are only 21 Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:55 am

super_realist wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

What is a soother?

Not sure what you call it. A dummy or a pacifier?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

Ah right, that's a disgrace.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

super_realist wrote:

The Irish parents are only 21 Run

England rugby player Owen Farrell's parents were only just 16 when they had him. His dad Andy Farrell played for England only a few years before his debut.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:

UK population compared to Irelands? Far more chance of the  odd large family with a much vaster population (they are probably Irish anyway.)
Average family size in UK 2.3, Ireland 2.7, one of Europe's highest
Irrelevant facts=ignorant bliss

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

Are there any places people have never been to, but would love to go to?

For me there are 2.

Hawaii and Australia.

Like the look of Hawaii, think it would be a fun place to go to.

Always wanted to do Aus, do have a soft spot for the aussie's(especially the sheila's).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:17 am

Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:

UK population compared to Irelands? Far more chance of the  odd large family with a much vaster population (they are probably Irish anyway.)

Almost certainly Catholic.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:17 am

Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Boring. Who cares?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

West, Would like to do every European country I haven't been to, not interested in SE Asia or Africa though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:19 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Boring. Who cares?
The pope ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:32 am

Diggers wrote:
The pope ?

Why not tweet him your findings then and see if he cares?

https://twitter.com/Pontifex

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:34 am

Not interested in Africa?? I did a Kenya Safari for my honeymoon, it was the best holiday i have ever had, just amazing.

I would like to go to New Zealand. Or for a luxury break the Maldives.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:36 am

I could do, but a. I don't twitter and b. you'd have a much nicer chat with him about the evils of abortion and how free will is overrated.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

Nah, just doesn't interest me Ben. Been to North Africa, don't ever want to go an Islamic country again.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:39 am

Kenya is class.

Safari is amazing, probably my favourite type of holiday.

Have been lucky enough to go to Kenya a fair few times as my old man lives there.

We are thinking of going back when the boy is a bit older.

SR.

Would that be quite a few european countries then?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:41 am

Diggers wrote:I could do, but a. I don't twitter and b. you'd have a much nicer chat with him about the evils of abortion and how free will is overrated.

Free will doesnt really exist. Citizens need guidance and sometimes they need their decisions made for them particularly ignorant ones. In any case modern society including UK society has too many constraints for free will to exist. You might think you make all your decisions without constraint but you dont.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

westisbest wrote:Kenya is class.

Safari is amazing, probably my favourite type of holiday.

Have been lucky enough to go to Kenya a fair few times as my old man lives there.

We are thinking of going back when the boy is a bit older.

SR.

Would that be quite a few european countries then?

Been to most West, just trying to think of my summer holiday this year. Possibly Slovenia, and I'm off to Croatia with work later on this year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:50 am

I fancy going to Berlin for a long weekend on the booze. Been told thats good.
Few of the lads have been on footie trips.

A place I did like was Skopje, Macedonia.

Was for an Ireland game.
What made it good was they had a music festival on the same weekend.
Met some crazy characters. Great weekend.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:51 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:I could do, but a. I don't twitter and b. you'd have a much nicer chat with him about the evils of abortion and how free will is overrated.

Free will doesnt really exist. Citizens need guidance and sometimes they need their decisions made for them particularly ignorant ones. In any case modern society including UK society has too many constraints for free will to exist. You might think you make all your decisions without constraint but you dont.

That sounds deep but it's all patently obvious stuff. Capital punishment is an obvious example in the UK.
It doesn't however in any way mean a 16 year old girl should be forced to have a baby she doesn't want because of the moral values of others who will have zero involvement with the child's life.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:54 am

Would like to go to Japan. It just seems so weird from the outside.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:55 am

Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

That sounds deep but it's all patently obvious stuff. Capital punishment is an obvious example in the UK.
It doesn't however in any way mean a 16 year old girl should  be forced to have a baby she doesn't want because of the moral values of others who will have zero involvement with the child's life.

So agree with you.

Had many a tiff with the wife, who still thinks that a woman should not abort a baby even if a women is raped. Frig.

Last edited by skyeman on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:58 am

Your wife does have a right to her pro-life pro-foetus beliefs. I have listened to both sides of the debate on a few occasions and both sides make good points so therefore it isnt a clear cut issue for me.

Cue outrage. Haha

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Your wife does have a right to her pro-life pro-foetus beliefs. I have listened to both sides of the debate on a few occasions and both sides make good points so therefore it isnt a clear cut issue for me.

Cue outrage. Haha

Well, should it not be upto the individual?

Makes it odd at times for me, as i am an atheist and the wife is a christian. If i say "for christs sake" i get told off Very Happy 

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm

I am a woolly liberal, I allow everyone to have their own view, and would not try and get them to change it. Each to their own.

And as someone mentioned Berlin, i have friends who went on a stag, said it was great, though a friend was tricked into asking for 3 pints of P8ssy juice from the barmaid..he was asked to leave.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Your wife does have a right to her pro-life pro-foetus beliefs. I have listened to both sides of the debate on a few occasions and both sides make good points so therefore it isnt a clear cut issue for me.

Cue outrage. Haha

I've not seen you make a single good pro abortion point. You keep saying you've heard them, you keep saying that we need society to provide a moral compass, but you haven't given any reasons why that's applicable to taking away the right of a woman to abort.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

beninho wrote:I am a woolly liberal, I allow everyone to have their own view, and would not try and get them to change it. Each to their own.

And as someone mentioned Berlin, i have friends who went on a stag, said it was great, though a friend was tricked into asking for 3 pints of P8ssy juice from the barmaid..he was asked to leave.

Laugh Laugh 

Gees, she would have to be quite a squirter censored 

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm

Sounds like it is indoctrinated from parent to child and generations of religous beliefs. Only a few steps down from the radical muslim suicide bombers.

Now cue outrage.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:25 pm

skyeman wrote:

Cue outrage. Haha

Makes it odd at times for me, as i am an atheist and the wife is a christian. If i say "for christs sake" i get told off Very Happy 
I couldn't go out with someone who had religious beliefs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
skyeman wrote:

Cue outrage. Haha

I couldn't go out with someone who had religious beliefs.

She never tries to convert anyone, but i just never bring faith up. But i do have to hold my tongue at times when she forever goes on about the illuminati Wink 

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next