The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille

+46
profitius
Manu's Boxing Coach
doctor_grey
VinceWLB
BigGee
GLove39
wales606
George Carlin
stub
LondonTiger
Rugby Fan
cakeordeath
LeinsterFan4life
Sgt_Pooly
HammerofThunor
Pot Hale
beshocked
Feckless Rogue
Nachos Jones
dubh_linn
Hound of Harrow
Notch
brennomac
GoodinTightSpaces
whocares
Cyril
geoff998rugby
quinsforever
theslosty
Ozzy3213
Sin é
MunsterMac
yappysnap
Golden
Thomond
Mickado
ME-109
RDW
tecphobe
TJ
Scrumpy
GunsGerms
asoreleftshoulder
thebandwagonsociety
BlueMuff
KiaRose
50 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille - Page 4 Empty HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille

Post by KiaRose Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

KO 16.30 (local time; 15.30 YTC) Sunday April 27th.  Yet another Day of Destiny for Munster Rugby.

So far the only participants we know for definite are
Referee:  Wayne Barnes

ARs:  JP Doyle; Luke Pearce

TMO: Graham Hughes.

All the officials are from England.

Friday 25th - edited with team announcements.

Toulon
Delon Armitage;
Drew Mitchell, Mathieu Bastareaud, Matt Giteau, Bryan Habana;
Jonny Wilkinson (c), Sebastien Tillous-Borde;
Xavier Chiocci, Craig Burden, Carl Hayman,
Danie Rossouw, Jocelino Suta,
Juan Smith, Juan Fernandez Lobbe, Steffon Armitage.
Remplaçants : Jean-Charles Orioli, Alexandre Menini, Martin Castrogiovanni, Virgile Bruni, David Smith, Maxime Mermoz, Michael Claassens, Konstantine Mikautadze.

Munster
Felix Jones;
Keith Earls, Casey Laulala, James Downey, Simon Zebo;
Ian Keatley, Conor Murray;
Dave Kilcoyne, Damien Varley Capt., BJ Botha;
Dave Foley, Paul O'Connell;
CJ Stander, Sean Dougall, James Coughlan.
Replacements: Duncan Casey, James Cronin, John Ryan, Donncha O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Denis Hurley.

As my stomach is already churning when I think of Sunday, I thought I would start the ball rolling on the topic.

Munster Abú

Last edited by KiaRose on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille - Page 4 Empty Re: HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:39 pm

Great kick to settle the nerves

3-3 Game on

Golden

Back to top Go down

HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille - Page 4 Empty Re: HEC Semi-Final Toulon v Munster, Stade Velodrome, Marseille

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm

Nice choke tackle.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

Felix 'Mr Gass' Jones getting hit hard by Basteruad is not what you want to see

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

Anyone understanding Barnes' rulings at the scrum? The franch commentators also seem bemused...

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Nope, but it needs to be sorted out quickly. Havent completed one yet.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Yellow card looming from Barnes. I am not so sure about his control at the scrums to be honest.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm

Gah...Killer needs to be subbed...if the ref dont like you thats it....its actually the main difference at the moment.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

The Munster loose head is 'hinging' rather than stepping back when the pressure comes on. That's what Barnes is seeing/saying anyway.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:Yellow card looming from Barnes. I am not so sure about his control at the scrums to be honest.

I'm not so sure of Kilcoyne's ability to scrummage, he can't stay up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

Its just silly stuff at the moment from Munster...tighten up ffs.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

ME-109 wrote:Gah...Killer needs to be subbed...if the ref dont like you thats it....its actually the main difference at the moment.

100% agree. I cant see what he is doing to be honest but it looks as if Barnes has targeted him so maybe an early bench for him.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

Barnes needs to get control pf the game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

Yellow card for that?

He was going for the ball, totally unintentional.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

I think that is the correct decision

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

Wow thats harsh

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

I got the impression the TMO didn't think it warranted a yellow card.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

Big 10 minutes from for Munster here.  Need to take advantage and put points on the board and go in ahead at the break.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:I got the impression the TMO didn't think it warranted a yellow card.

I suspect you are correct.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:06 pm

Munster had to collect that.

nice dg

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:06 pm

Crazy decision to give a yellow. Why are refs giving cards for accidental collisions these days? Why does the Toulon player get a yellow and not the Munster player? Both involved in an accidental collision.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm

Is it possible that the scrums are now worse than last year?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

Scrums are a lottery

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

I think it's worthy of a yellow because it was a cynical bit of play coming in from the side with Munster on the front foot in the opposition 22 not because of the collision.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:09 pm

Good from Keatley. Keeping his bottle so far

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:10 pm

cakeordeath wrote:I think it's worthy of a yellow because it was a cynical bit of play coming in from the side with Munster on the front foot in the opposition 22 not because of the collision.

I am a Munster fan and in no way did that warrant a yellow card. Barnes has given the yellow card for the collision, not for coming in at the side. Poor decision to be honest.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

But Barnes gave it for the collision. he said he wasnt careful enough but because there was no 'intent' it was only a yellow.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

Harsh yellow but however...

Still stupid mistakes from Munster....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

cakeordeath wrote:I think it's worthy of a yellow because it was a cynical bit of play coming in from the side with Munster on the front foot in the opposition 22 not because of the collision.

Fair enough, it was very cynical. But the ref said he gave the card because he collided accidentally with Murray. Stupid reason to send someone to the bin imho.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

Yeah feckless I agree. That's why I clarified my earlier post.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm

Munster are making far too many mistakes. They have to tighten up at half time

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:14 pm

Too many unforced knockons from munster

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

Great kick.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

Already too much to do I feel. Toulon are simply too strong.

Barnes is having a mare though, for both sides. Has zero control in this match.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

Deplorable game of rugby and it has a lot to do with the scrums. They really are beginning to destroy the game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:17 pm

It is a shoite game and neither team look capable of breaking the defence. Too many mistakes and not enough control of the ball for Munster....disappointing because they are there for the taking.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:

Fair enough, it was very cynical. But the ref said he gave the card because he collided accidentally with Murray. Stupid reason to send someone to the bin imho.

Totally agree,it's consistent with the Payne ruling but imo it's ruining the game if you can't compete for the ball.It was a yellow for the cynical nature of the foul but not the collision.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:21 pm

Very scrappy so far.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

Wouldnt mind seeing TOD on in the second half. Munster need to compete at the breakdown better.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:23 pm

TOD on from the start....Cronin and JJ on with 30 to go.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:23 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Deplorable game of rugby and it has a lot to do with the scrums. They really are beginning to destroy the game.

I agree somewhat with that but its also inconsistent refereeing of the scrums that causes this confusion and ruins games. For me, Barnes is one of the worst at scrum time.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm

Even Leinster were only 6-6 at half time and they had been under the cosh completely. Toulon have only got in our 22 once and are 9 points up

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm

That was some kick by armitage!

If Munster don't tighten up they could lose by 25+ without Toulon crossing the try line.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:26 pm

Time for behind the Sofa for the second half...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

True ME but Munster's only chance in this match is to shut down the handling errors and gain some element of control. This is where we miss POM the most.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm

As much as I want Munster to win, I also would like to see Jonny Wilkinson bow out with another HC victory, have so much respect for the man.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:29 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:True ME but Munster's only chance in this match is to shut down the handling errors and gain some element of control. This is where we miss POM the most.

Leadership on the field is missing for sure....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:33 pm

Jaysus, that was not good from Earls...

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:34 pm

No try Very Happy

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:34 pm

Earls.......................................................................

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 4:35 pm

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooo

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next