The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

+33
banbrotam
FedsFan
kneel_before_nadal
Haddie-nuff
lags72
Jahu
JuliusHMarx
Born Slippy
sirfredperry
dummy_half
lydian
summerblues
mthierry
gboycottnut1
super_realist
Gerry SA
Josiah Maiestas
whocares
invisiblecoolers
Henman Bill
yloponom68
antonico
Danny_1982
CaledonianCraig
ChequeredJersey
Silver
naxroy
laverfan
kingraf
HM Murdock
skyeman
R!skysports
hawkeye
37 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Nadal now Wimbledon favorite?

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 11 ]
Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Vote_lcap69%Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 35

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Empty Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by hawkeye Mon 09 Jun 2014, 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last year Nadal felt unable to compete at Wimbledon but this year he's feeling a little better

"I want to try to play well again in Wimbledon," he said. "I'm healthy. That's the most important thing."

"I hope my knee will have the positive feeling on grass, because I feel my knee is better than last year on the rest of the surfaces,"

"Grass always was a little bit harder for me after the injury. Last year I tried, but I was not ready to compete at Wimbledon.

"Let's see how my feelings are there this year, but it's a very important tournament."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/27757048

Is Nadal now the favorite to add to his Wimbledon trophy collection? Nadal always has to win Wimbledon the tricky way as part of a channel slam but despite this I reckon he is now the favorite  king

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:41 pm

Nadal loves playing Raonic, loves playing Federer, and loves playing Murray/Djokovic. Grass won't change that. ESPN will still think Djokovic is favorite, despite Djokovic only winning 1 of the last 9 slam events  laughing
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite?

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:47 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kneel_before_nadal wrote:I'm confident he'll defend the US Open

Despite never having defended any title off clay during the course of his career? On what is that confidence based? The overall standard of tennis on the tour not being what it was?

Just basing it on reality. In 2013 Nadal became the only man ever to win Indian Wells, Canada, Cincy, US Open (in a calendar year). Nadal has just entered his hardcourt prime. I give Nadal an excellent chance of finishing with 4+ US Open titles.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:53 pm

kneel_before_nadal wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
kneel_before_nadal wrote:I'm confident he'll defend the US Open

Despite never having defended any title off clay during the course of his career? On what is that confidence based? The overall standard of tennis on the tour not being what it was?

Just basing it on reality. In 2013 Nadal became the only man ever to win Indian Wells, Canada, Cincy, US Open (in a calendar year). Nadal has just entered his hardcourt prime. I give Nadal an excellent chance of finishing with 4+ US Open titles.

The reality is he's never retained a single title off clay and is past the age where most players peak, let alone enter their prime. Especially those who had success when younger and thus have more mileage. That's the more objective reality.
Given that Djoko and Fed are not playing as well as they used to, Murray is still not back to top form, Delpo is out and the rest of the tour are fairly ordinary by professional standards, that might work in Nadal's favour, in that he is probably past his prime and can still win it - because his main contenders are also past theirs, but moreso.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

Its funny, just last year (post-US Open) the fans and media alike were saying Djokovic was playing as good or better than 2011 (actually Djokovic was bagelled by Nishikori in 2011 and was useless after the US Open). And even this year, Djokovic won Indian Wells and Miami and again was hailed as being better than ever. I agree, Djokovic is at his peak. Its just not good enough to beat Nadal at the slams anymore. Let's face it, Nadal wasn't as motivated in 2011.

Last edited by kneel_before_nadal on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm

Ah, the "Rafa always wins when he really wants to win" approach. Similar to the "Rafa only loses when he's injured" approach.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:01 pm

It is funny that Nadal wasn't motivated.

Getting your arse kicked like he was in 2011 does that to a player.

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:04 pm

Let's not forget that in 2009, people were saying Nadal's style of game was not sustainable, both physically and mentally. I don't see why its surprising that Nadal would have occasional dips in motivation or occasional physical ailments. In 2009, a lot of the world was suggesting he'd be retired by age 26-28  laughing
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:08 pm

I thought Rafa fans were saying it's not his game that is the problem (in terms of sustainability), it's his birth defect that is the problem.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I thought Rafa fans were saying it's not his game that is the problem (in terms of sustainability), it's his birth defect that is the problem.

Well I wasn't talking about Nadal's fans. I was talking about those who thought he'd be retired by age 26-28. That tended to be the Federer fan base more so.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Ah, the "Rafa always wins when he really wants to win" approach. Similar to the "Rafa only loses when he's injured" approach.

No matter how long Im away...how far I travel across the world ...somethings never change and on this I can rely  Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm

Something to do with a wonky foot. The argument being that his game isn't really very wearing on his body at all, he was just unlucky to have been born with a wonky foot which affected his knees (otherwise he would have won 25 slams, or something along those lines).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:13 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Ah, the "Rafa always wins when he really wants to win" approach. Similar to the "Rafa only loses when he's injured" approach.

No matter how long Im away...how far I travel across the world ...somethings never change and  on this I can rely  Whistle

You're talking about kneel_before_nadal's line of reasoning aren't you h-n?  Smile 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:16 pm

Keep making things up about "Rafa fans" if you want. Doesn't make any difference to me. I just stick to quoting the actual poster I'm talking to.....
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:

No matter how long Im away...how far I travel across the world ...somethings never change and  on this I can rely  Whistle

You're talking about kneel_before_nadal's line of reasoning aren't you h-n?  Smile 

Julius ME KNEEL!!! not even for Rafa if I did I wouldn't get up in time to see him win yet another slam Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:21 pm

kneel_before_nadal wrote:Keep making things up about "Rafa fans" if you want. Doesn't make any difference to me. I just stick to quoting the actual poster I'm talking to.....

I'm not making anything up - we did have Rafa fans making those arguments - but I do exaggerate for effect.

Your argument seems to be that Rafa is now motivated and thus will win Wimbledon and the US Open, and that he only lost previously because he wasn't motivated. Unless I've misunderstood.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:22 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:

Julius ME KNEEL!!! not even for Rafa if I did I wouldn't get up in time to see him win yet another slam Wink

Haha. Maybe if he laid hands on you, you would instantly be able to rise up. Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kneel_before_nadal wrote:Keep making things up about "Rafa fans" if you want. Doesn't make any difference to me. I just stick to quoting the actual poster I'm talking to.....

I'm not making anything up - we did have Rafa fans making those arguments - but I do exaggerate for effect.

Your argument seems to be that Rafa is now motivated and thus will win Wimbledon and the US Open, and that he only lost previously because he wasn't motivated. Unless I've misunderstood.

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE.  Very Happy 

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You are claiming that I said Nadal only lost when he wasn't motivated  laughing 

I only said 2011. I said Nadal had lost motivation in 2011 (and Nadal admitted this in an interview, saying that he lost his passion for tennis).

If you are wondering why he lost to Rosol and Darcis at Wimbledon, that's a physical issue. And I wouldn't want to bring up a physical issue, or you might get upset.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:32 pm

JM  YOU exaggerate for effect..???...I cant believe that Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I only said 2011. I said Nadal had lost motivation in 2011 (and Nadal admitted this in an interview, saying that he lost his passion for tennis).

If you are wondering why he lost to Rosol and Darcis at Wimbledon, that's a physical issue. And I wouldn't want to bring up a physical issue, or you might get upset.

I'm not claiming that - I said "Your argument seems..." and suggested that I might have misunderstood.

I wouldn't get upset by any reference to physical issues, but I would certainly recognise the argument. It's like saying Federer only lost the Wimby 2008 final because he got tired. It's true but ultimately irrelevant.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:34 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:JM  YOU exaggerate for effect..???...I cant believe that Rolling Eyes

It's the first time I've done it, honest!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:38 pm

So let me understand this.

On your ratio of thinking Nadal losing passion 2011 = losing matches.

Not sure I buy that.

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm

hey the poll went from 7-21 to 11-21 in just one match

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Ahh I appreciate your new set of excuses, I remember in the old 606 there was thread with tabular column on Why Rafa lost each and every match, this reason never featured in it, so is it a new entity and started to happen only from 2011?  Very Happy 

If by chance lets say 0.00000001% some how Rosol pulls an upset is there an excuse ready for it? if so I would love to hear a new one like the one you brought it for is 2011 losses.  Hug 

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:27 pm

so nadal gives more excuses than other players?

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm

kneel_before_nadal wrote:Even if Murray played Nadal tomorrow, Nadal would have the edge. Just as Nadal would have the edge versus Djokovic/Federer if they played tomorrow. Nadal showed enough comfort on grass vs Klizan. His mental edge at the slams versus Murray/Djokovic/Federer would do the rest. Especially versus Federer. A lot has changed since 2008 (when Nadal had only just begun to breakthrough at the slams versus Federer away from Roland Garros). If Nadal played Federer 7 times this fortnight, Nadal would win all 7.

Against Murray and particularly Novak his so called mental edge is because he's the No.1 clay courter of all time

I really do not see how anyone can just assume Rafa's going to pick up from 2011 and give Murray another lesson. Murray now looks almost as arrogant as Federer in his pump at SW19. Remember, Murray has improved every year - has Rafa?

To use the recent French results is simplistic. Borg once murdered Connors at Wimbledon. Next slam it was the other way around

Here, Rafa's seen as 'fair game' - certainly in comparison to Murray and Djoko

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

A 35.5yearold made Djokovic look like very fair game today. But we knew he was fair game based on 8 of the last 9 slams anyway, including last year's US Open where the new hardcourt Nadal breadsticked him in the 4th set Wales  

Last edited by kneel_before_nadal on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:09 pm

Why does he need an excuse more than any other player...what excuses do we need for that lack lustre game that Novak played this afternoon... players are people ..people are human beings and they have a bad day at the office.  Harping on about a match that Rafa lost to Rosol who he beat this year in two straight sets. I for one have no excuse ready if he loses tomorrow this week or next.  He has done enough in his career not to have to stand on trial every time he loses a match.  The wishful thinkers amongst some posters who would dearly love to see Rosol take him out tomorrow will be amongst the gloaters who wont be happy until the big four retire and from where Im sitting there is not much following in their footsteps.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:06 pm

All the big players are given excuses by their fervent fans federer and nadal particularly. No one ever notices that both gt the excuses because they're soo biased to one side or another need I remind everyone of the great fed mono saga

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

Its amazing how excuses make people so upset. I find it hard to believe that Wawrinka or Rosol would lose sleep or be crying on their keyboard over Nadal's injuries being publicized. I mean, they are adults. I know a lot of people online aren't adults, however, and that's the people going crazy with rage every time they hear about an excuse.

And the information about Nadal's injuries is nothing to do with winning and losing. I hear about his injuries after he wins too - for example 2010 Wimbledon when he required treatment on his knees after winning Wimbledon (treatment which he delayed after Roland Garros because he needed to train on grass and the treatment requires 4 days of inactivity).

Or in 2013, he said in an interview that he took painkillers regularly, because his knees were so bad, while he won 10 titles. And at 2009 Australian Open, he played in great pain because the knee issues that forced him to skip the 2008 World Tour Finals, those knee issues were still there.

So these weren't excuses (in the negative sense), they were real physical ailments. You don't win slams for 10 years in a row (2005-2014) without playing hurt. No man had ever won slams for more than 8 years in a row, previously.

Last edited by kneel_before_nadal on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:27 pm

kneel_before_nadal wrote:Its amazing how excuses make people so upset. I find it hard to believe that Wawrinka or Rosol would lose sleep or be crying on their keyboard over Nadal's injuries being publicized. I mean, they are adults. I know a lot of people online aren't adults, however, and that's the people going crazy with rage every time they hear about an excuse.

Actually you are my favourite new poster and brining a much needed variety into this forum, but the above comment didn't live to your level, your counters have been awesome until this point.  Hug 

Welcome to the forum. thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:28 pm

kneel_before_nadal wrote:Its amazing how excuses make people so upset. I find it hard to believe that Wawrinka or Rosol would lose sleep or be crying on their keyboard over Nadal's injuries being publicized. I mean, they are adults. I know a lot of people online aren't adults, however, and that's the people going crazy with rage every time they hear about an excuse.

Says the guy who thinks Djoko was faking a wrist injury, rather than accepting it as an excuse as to why he wasn't 100% in the FO final.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Says the guy who thinks Djoko was faking a wrist injury, rather than accepting it as an excuse as to why he wasn't 100% in the FO final.

I didn't say he was faking the wrist injury. I said he posted a photo of himself playing chess with a big bandage on his arm, on the eve of the French Open Final. Who does that? And why? Clearly to gain attention. The severity of the injury is secondary. I called the photo dubious, as in what was he trying to do?
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:34 pm

Reading too much into a photo methinks, much the way people read too much into excuses.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Reading too much into a photo methinks, much the way people read too much into excuses.

Read into a photo? You just have to look at it, its a picture of Djokovic with a big bandage on his arm, playing chess with Becker, posted specifically on the eve of the final. That photo says it all. Djokovic is living up to Roddick's famous words.

Last edited by kneel_before_nadal on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:38 pm

If you say so.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If you say so.

Is Nadal Now The Wimbledon Favorite? - Page 3 Novak-Djokovic-plays-chess-with-Boris-Becker
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:58 pm

OMG - psychological warfare at it's most brutal!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 26 Jun 2014, 12:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:OMG - psychological warfare at it's most brutal!

Those chess pieces are heavy...just taking precautions !!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 26 Jun 2014, 3:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Reading too much into a photo methinks, much the way people read too much into excuses.

Read into a photo? You just have to look at it, its a picture of Djokovic with a big bandage on his arm, playing chess with Becker, posted specifically on the eve of the final. That photo says it all. Djokovic is living up to Roddick's famous words.

You remind me a lot of Amritia/IMBL/Red/... Wink

Is it "Kneel_Before_Nadal" or "Knee_Before_Nadal"?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu 26 Jun 2014, 5:35 am

watching 2008 final, it seems as if nadals crosscourt backhand was much better back then

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:09 am

laverfan wrote:

You remind me a lot of Amritia/IMBL/Red/... Wink

Is it "Kneel_Before_Nadal" or "Knee_Before_Nadal"?

Ah its "kneel" spelt K-N-E-E-L, its when you pray to god etc, I learned it from Superman II.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:14 am

naxroy wrote:watching 2008 final, it seems as if nadals crosscourt backhand was much better back then

On grass I like it when Nadal uses backhand slice more than 2-hander. I hope Nadal uses plenty of backhand slice here at Wimbledon. Klizan certainly struggled a lot when Nadal sliced it. When the opponent aggressively attacks Nadal's backhand wing its good if Nadal's slices to change the pace of the rally and lull the opponent into slowing down too so the next shot Nadal can have enough time to run around and hit forehands.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:29 am

Emo 

"That defeat cannot affect the match," said uncle Toni. "I think Rafa is better now than he was in 2012."

"It's a different Rafa Nadal than two years ago," he said. "A better Rafa Nadal. In 2012, he had many problems when he arrived at Wimbledon."

"Rafa struggled in every practice, he couldn't go down on his knees, which is important on grass, and his mentality was not good enough for that reason."

"But now he has good movement and not much pain. He is the number one in the world and that should give him some confidence. "

"Of course, Rafa can lose because Rosol is a good player and he has a good serve, but I hope Rafa is good enough to beat him."

"For us it's very important to play here, it's a dream for us," said Toni Nadal.

"When Rafael was young my dream was that he could win at least once here. Every year when we come here it's a dream, and we'll try to keep coming."

"If we play bad this year we'll come back next year, so still we have a little chance to make a good tournament when we come here."

"When he's good, his knees and his body, then grass court is a good court for us, and he is good now."

"We'll always come back, the knees are not an issue in that, sometimes he has played with problems in the past, and we could do that again."

"People said Rafael doesn't play well here, but maybe that's because people have a short memory."

"We made the final in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2011."

"Five finals and then we have problems, with the knees."

Emo
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by antonico Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:48 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Says the guy who thinks Djoko was faking a wrist injury, rather than accepting it as an excuse as to why he wasn't 100% in the FO final.

Truth be told, Djokovic doesn't need any excuses with regard to facing Nadal at Roland Garros. He's lost all six matches he's played against Nadal there. For which there is but one excuse for Djokovic, and it has nothing to do with whether Djokovic is 100% or not. In a Best of Five on clay, Nadal is just better. There is no shame in that. Nadal turned pro in 2002. He's lost one Best of Five match on clay in the ensuing 12 years, winning the other 82. This is simply extraordinary. As long as these two meet in a Best of Five on clay, the match will always be on Nadal's racquet.

antonico

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:56 am

antonico wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Says the guy who thinks Djoko was faking a wrist injury, rather than accepting it as an excuse as to why he wasn't 100% in the FO final.

Truth be told, Djokovic doesn't need any excuses with regard to facing Nadal at Roland Garros. He's lost all six matches he's played against Nadal there. For which there is but one excuse for Djokovic, and it has nothing to do with whether Djokovic is 100% or not. In a Best of Five on clay, Nadal is just better. There is no shame in that. Nadal turned pro in 2002. He's lost one Best of Five match on clay in the ensuing 12 years, winning the other 82. This is simply extraordinary. As long as these two meet in a Best of Five on clay, the match will always be on Nadal's racquet.

I agree even when Djokovic had a 4-2 lead in the 5th set of 2013 Roland Garros SF it was on Nadal's racquet. Nadal obliged and hit 22 winners in the 5th set (61 winners in the match). Also in 2012, Djokovic was up a break in the 4th set, and Nadal went on to break Djokovic twice to win in 4. Nadal steps it up when required and Djokovic has no answer. Nadal goes into lock-down mode whenever there is scoreboard pressure at Roland Garros (and sometimes scoreboard pressure arrives because Nadal loses a bit of concentration like at the end of the 4th set at 2013 RG). It almost makes me want to see someone push him to 5 sets, because that brings out his best tennis. When Nadal is 31 or 32 his ability to hit 22 winners in a set will be called upon more often, and that will be great entertainment.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:20 am

antonico wrote:

This point is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Nadal loses to Wawrinka, but to some he was clearly hampered by an injury and not at 100%. But the rule of thumb there was that a 100% Nadal wouldn't have lost to Wawrinka. This year Djokovic suffers a wrist injury prior to the FO and yet I don't hear his fans clammering on about injuries or loss of motivation. Simply at this FO Djokovic was not at 100%, but I have not heard a single Djokovic fan make reference to the injury.

Now we have someone questioning the legitimacy of the injury because of photo whilst conveniently forgetting that their hero was pictured jet skiing and playing golf whilst apparently suffering a knee injury!!

Pot calling the kettle black!

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:29 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
antonico wrote:

Nadal loses to Wawrinka, but to some he was clearly hampered by an injury and not at 100%. But the rule of thumb there was that a 100% Nadal wouldn't have lost to Wawrinka. This year Djokovic suffers a wrist injury prior to the FO and yet I don't hear his fans clammering on about injuries or loss of motivation. Simply at this FO Djokovic was not at 100%, but I have not heard a single Djokovic fan make reference to the injury.

Now we have someone questioning the legitimacy of the injury because of photo whilst conveniently forgetting that their hero was pictured jet skiing and playing golf whilst apparently suffering a knee injury!!

The difference is I haven't seen/heard of the jet skiing photo, and have no idea when any of Nadal's holiday pictures were taken (whether they were taken before treatment or after treatment). But I will say that jet skiing is probably a hundred times easier on the knees than tennis. And so is golf.....
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
antonico wrote:

The difference is I haven't seen/heard of the jet skiing photo, and have no idea when any of Nadal's holiday pictures were taken (whether they were taken before treatment or after treatment). But I will say that jet skiing is probably a hundred times easier on the knees than tennis. And so is golf.....

There were pictures of him jet skiing and playing golf when he was in 'recovery' I think jet skiing and golf is far worse on the knees than playing chess is to the wrist Wink

Not sure I agree with that one and many golfers I know wouldn't agree with that either.

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:12 am

But I didn't say chess was too strenuous for Djokovic's injury LMAO. I said its dubious that he'd post a picture of himself in a bandage on the eve of the Roland Garros Final. It screams "Look at me I have a bandage for my wrist! Just making sure you know I'm injured......because even if I don't wear a bandage on the court tomorrow (or in any match at Roland Garros) I am really hurting". That's what I meant by dubious. The motives behind that photo are pretty obvious.
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next