The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
seanmichaels
Adam D
superflyweight
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
14 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:32 pm

This is what he wrote originally Rick, Coming from a faux Scottish, Imperialist.

That to me suggests he is saying Superfly is faux Scottish and an imperialist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm

How dare Strongback cast such dispersions.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm

Had eight hours of sleep this weekend. Work is a real mission... Seeing Strongy implode is always uplifting though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

Perhaps Strongy is Joycean in his use of punctuation, grammar and words. Or perhaps he is a pseudo intellectual.

Just to clarify, I am Scottish. As Sean Connery's character says in The Untouchables - "who would claim to be that, who is not?"

Given that Scotland has never had an Empire (unless you consider our continued occupation of Peebles to be an act of gross imperialism), I don't think I am an imperialist.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Jeff wrote:This is what he wrote originally Rick, Coming from a faux Scottish, Imperialist.

Right you are, I kind of speed read the section now, basically catch up with some of Chris's posts, ans some of Tussys more lucid posts, and then retreat back here.

If you were going to pretend to be anything, you wouldnt pick Scottish would you? Wink

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:Given that Scotland has never had an Empire (unless you consider our continued occupation of Peebles to be an act of gross imperialism), I don't think I am an imperialist.  

Your Scottish League Two has annexed Berwick-Upon-Tweed, does that not count as an empire?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

Rowley wrote:This is what he wrote originally Rick, Coming from a faux Scottish, Imperialist.

Is superfly friend or faux?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:This is what he wrote originally Rick, Coming from a faux Scottish, Imperialist.

Is superfly friend or faux?

(Deep) Fried or faux?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:06 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Right you are, I kind of speed read the section now, basically catch up with some of Chris's posts, ans some of Tussys more lucid posts, and then retreat back here.

Struggle to imagine the second part of that quest would have taken too long.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

I just though STRONGY was struggling to spell the word "forks"

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:11 pm

Jeff wrote:Struggle to imagine the second part of that quest would have taken too long.

Ignore anything with Mayweather, or Mayweather potential, and quit after the first few posts, so yep, about 10 seconds normally.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Of course.  Do keep up, Jules.  

Sorry, I only keep up with interesting stuff. The stuff that Tino and Jeff post, that sort of thing.

Tino has a day off on Monday's. B&Q can be quite hectic on Sundays when the weather is fine.

I'm in, you git.  I even posted on the boxing board.  Busy today.  Had a run on compost and outdoor lighting.

How was France?

It was alright. Saw loads of 18 year old knockers one day. Missus had the hump most of the time though and I was being monitored like a hawk.Also the weather was a bit too windy albeit hot.

Forgot to mention that one evening I strolled back into the house and saw the mother in law in knickers only. Not a pretty sight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Forgot to mention that one evening I strolled back into the house and saw the mother in law in knickers only.

What had happened to your trousers?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Of course.  Do keep up, Jules.  

Sorry, I only keep up with interesting stuff. The stuff that Tino and Jeff post, that sort of thing.

Tino has a day off on Monday's. B&Q can be quite hectic on Sundays when the weather is fine.

I'm in, you git.  I even posted on the boxing board.  Busy today.  Had a run on compost and outdoor lighting.

How was France?

It was alright. Saw loads of 18 year old knockers one day. Missus had the hump most of the time though and I was being monitored like a hawk.Also the weather was a bit too windy albeit hot.

Forgot to mention that one evening I strolled back into the house and saw the mother in law in knickers only. Not a pretty sight.

Were they small knickers or were they big knickers that her fat arse had swallowed to give the impression of a thong?

Cricket is a shambles. I see Lyth got another century at the weekend. Thousand runs this season. They need to have a look at him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:29 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Forgot to mention that one evening I strolled back into the house and saw the mother in law in knickers only.

Oh, the mother in law was in knickers only. I thought you liked a bit of antique minky-moo?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Oh, the mother in law was in knickers only. I thought you liked a bit of antique minky-moo?

I quite the younger ladies - pretty sure your mother in law would fit the bill nicely.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

I quite the younger ladies - pretty sure your mother in law would fit the bill nicely.
Shame she doesn't fit the knickers

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:57 pm

She's nearly 70. It was ill.

Cricket is awful. No confidence or fight. Rotten

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 21 Jul 2014, 4:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:She's nearly 70.

Steady on, Jules. Don't rise to the bait.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 21 Jul 2014, 4:36 pm

Steady on, Jules.  Don't rise to the bait.

Too late.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 21 Jul 2014, 4:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Steady on, Jules.  Don't rise to the bait.

Too late.

Laugh 

vomit 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 4:40 pm

Unless she's Helen Mirren, one would struggle to find anything remotely erotic about this particular part of the thread...unless Wayne Rooney is currently online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Jul 2014, 7:28 am

Despite the fact it means little to me, first.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Jul 2014, 7:38 am

Morning Jeff, could be an interesting day on the boxing boards with the Chisora drop out.

(sicond)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:18 am

Fird.

Huge day for me yesterday. Got home from work, walked into the kitchen only to see the Next autumn catalogue sitting on the table. Managed to resist going through it last night but don't think I can hold off much longer.

Can't wait to see what combo's there are for the next season.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:28 am

Ha. My mate's mum still buys him all his clothes from the next catalogue. In the space of 10 years he's gone from taking freshers magic mushroom picking on dartmoor, to sitting at home drinking ale whilst wearing a spinach jersey over a lime green shirt.

Watched the John Bishop program on Australia last night. Wonderful stuff. I would really like to return, perhaps for good.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:...wearing a spinach jersey over a lime green shirt.

Hard to believe anyone could fall so low sean.

Morning Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:Ha. My mate's mum still buys him all his clothes from the next catalogue. In the space of 10 years he's gone from taking freshers magic mushroom picking on dartmoor, to sitting at home drinking ale whilst wearing a spinach jersey over a lime green shirt.

Watched the John Bishop program on Australia last night. Wonderful stuff. I would really like to return, perhaps for good.

I don't have a lime green shirt. Morning Jules.

I watched that show as well.  It was fantastic wasn't it.  I loved the bit at the end when he traced his great uncle Ted's time down under. Really moving stuff.

You can't like listening to Bishop though?  Don't you hate the accent?  That's what I sound like......  Only a less harsh version as I'm only a Woollyback.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:40 am

Tina, as you know I have little but contempt and pity for your choice of clothing. However I will not and cannot stand idly by whilst you are mocked by a man who wears a tech by tumi jacket. I've got your back on this one, unless I spend all day on the boxing board saying I told you so over boxnation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:42 am

Rowley wrote:I've got your back on this one

His Woollyback?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:43 am

Rowley wrote:Tina, as you know I have little but contempt and pity for your choice of clothing. However I will not and cannot stand idly by whilst you are mocked by a man who wears a tech by tumi jacket. I've got your back on this one, unless I spend all day on the boxing board saying I told you so over boxnation.

Thanks Jeff, your support is valued.

It's not only the Death by Tumi jacket, he admits his missus dresses him and he wears velvet elf boots. I kind of take his sartorial ribbing with a massive jug full of salt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:44 am

Yes it is a little grating but not in the Carragher / Rooney / Gerrard sense. He has grown on me slightly' it may be down to his vocabulary more than his accent.

Loved the bananas bit. Never did that but the whole living with backpackers thing brought the memories back. Wished I'd been single, there was a lot of free love in the hostels.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:

If you find some land I have 122 tonnes of dirt waiting here for you.

No, actually it is being carted off tomorrow. Can't wait. Although I was tempted to build an artificial mountain just to annoy Council.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:47 am

Rowley wrote:Tina, as you know I have little but contempt and pity for your choice of clothing. However I will not and cannot stand idly by whilst you are mocked by a man who wears a tech by tumi jacket. I've got your back on this one, unless I spend all day on the boxing board saying I told you so over boxnation.

Thanks Jeff, your support is valued.

It's not only the Death by Tumi jacket, he admits his missus dresses him and he wears velvet elf boots.  I kind of take his sartorial ribbing with a massive jug full of salt.

I now have some chequed espodrils on the go. I look awesome.

Worried about getting a bit fat though. My gut is usually flat and now it is bloated like a toddler. Any tips?

Last edited by seanmichaels on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Loved the bananas bit. Never did that but the whole living with backpackers thing brought the memories back. Wished I'd been single, there was a lot of free love in the hostels.

He literally figuratively sh*t himself when they put the plastic snake in there! That was hilarious.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

seanmichaels wrote: Any tips?

Exercise more and don't drink so much.

You're welcome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:

He literally figuratively sh*t himself when they put the plastic snake in there!  That was hilarious.

The snakes outside the bat cave made me go a bit funny. Can't even watch the slimey shiites on TV without hairs standing up.

I did that walk along the beach at cape tribulation. Shat myself when we came to a shallow creek running into the sea and there was an 'Crocodiles: Do not swim' sign. Wouldn't have been on the beach if the f'ckers had told me there were crocs about.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:56 am

seanmichaels wrote: Any tips?

Exercise more and don't drink so much.

You're welcome.

I am fairly active. Smashed up a built in wardrobe last night and carried it down to the skip. They certainly built things properly back in 1914. Plus my groundsman stuff - cutting the square in 2 directions is nearly a 5km trot.

I think it is because I've started eating as well as drinking. Drinking is a no no at the moment but had a take out curry last night. Lamb Achari. It was quite wonderful

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 8:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:the slimey shiites

They are not remotely slimey. Unless you scoop one out of the water, they are completely dry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:the slimey shiites

They are not remotely slimey.  Unless you scoop one out of the water or Galted has jizzed on one, they are completely dry.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:01 am

I had a dream last night that I was Tyson Fury's house cleaner. He lived on the top floor of a sky scraper. Quite bizarre.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:02 am

seanmichaels wrote:or Galted has jizzed on one

Or anyone else for that matter.

And thanks, Adam.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:03 am

Nice new badge Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:03 am

You are welcome!

I tell you what, I will give you a better one - suggestions welcome

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:04 am

Adam D wrote:You are welcome!

God?
Stud?
Don Juan?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:04 am

Muffin top.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Muffin top.

Ripped.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:08 am

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:08 am

Can you fit "Jules' Favourite Poster" on a badge?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:09 am

Prince Phillip will annoy him enormously Adam.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next