The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Sin é
nottins
pullthestrings
RuggerRadge2611
Rava
CJB
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
Don Alfonso
poissonrouge
Mickado
nganboy
Adam D
Notch
rhino-dragon
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Thomond
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Breadvan
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
MBTGOG
mickyt
PenfroPete
Glas a du
red_stag
Cari
Suspicious lurker
36 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 24 May 2011, 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

So there is no rugby on now that I can watch
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:13 pm

I just had my biggest belly laugh of the day; Ireland beat Northern Ireland 5-0 at the bedpan tonight laughing laughing
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 10:16 pm

Notch wrote:I just had my biggest belly laugh of the day; Ireland beat Northern Ireland 5-0 at the bedpan tonight laughing laughing

Ha why so funny so Notch?

Not a fan?
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:17 pm

You've got me confused now Notch. Dare I ask? No better not.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:21 pm

Nope, not a fan. I much prefer Ireland. They'd be my first team in international football, with Northern Ireland as my second.

One of the best things about Irish Rugby is how inclusive it is- it's team for everone in Ireland regardless of religion, nationality etc. You couldn't say that about the Northern Ireland football team. It's a team for one side of the community only and they have made hardly any effort to change that. Its not a real national side.

I've an Irish passport anyway, so were I an international footballer I'd take my talents down south thumbsup
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 10:23 pm

Well looks like we have had a few good debuts tonight so I'm not sure we have as many places available as we did this time last year so you best have unbelievable skills to get in.

Agree about the rugby. Love the inclusion and bringing together of communities it brings.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:24 pm

Glas, the way I see it we have a team which represents all 32 counties in Ireland, and a team which represents the 6 counties.

Anyone born in Northern Ireland is eligible to represent either side. They are haemorrhaging players from a nationalist background to the Rep. of Ireland. And Northern Ireland are finding out that you can't make people represent a national side that they feel doesn't represent them!

There's one obvious solution; follow rugby's example and have one united team. Rugby brings people together, football keeps them apart.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:30 pm

I would agree, but it really is none of my business and wouldn't take a point against somebody of a different view. I'm unpopular enough in the North after my 'one man team' quip went down like a lead balloon! Doh Portnoys Welsh cousin they called me.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 10:31 pm

Glas a du wrote: Portnoys Welsh cousin they called me.

That's the worst insult you could ever be given laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:32 pm

That's got to be your most diplomatic post ever- I'd be pleased, but sadly I don;t see the start of a trend 8)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:39 pm

Notch, pulling your collective legs is a sign of affection. It means we have a rivalry, not an emnity. Perhaps my sense of humour is not what you're all used to.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:41 pm

Previous post was also meant as a sign of affection- ya big lummox Hug

What, i can't pull your leg back? Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:44 pm

Bar Steward. See? Can't bloody win! You wait till I come over there next season!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 10:46 pm

Has the old posts in here been removed?
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 10:47 pm

🍺 Yahoo

I'll buy you a pint. And by that I mean you can buy your own pint but I hope you enjoy it Wink

It would be good craic to see you at a game over here, I'm sure you would have a good time. We Ulster fans are actually not that unfriendly a bunch. A bit prickly and proud yes, but we're pretty hospitable. Me and Rava will look after you.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 10:49 pm

Agreed again notch. When we went up there a man gave us his season ticket to go in and get a pint as well. Top eh well notch
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:55 pm

Notch wrote: 🍺 Yahoo

I'll buy you a pint. And by that I mean you can buy your own pint but I hope you enjoy it Wink

It would be good craic to see you at a game over here, I'm sure you would have a good time. We Ulster fans are actually not that unfriendly a bunch. A bit prickly and proud yes, but we're pretty hospitable. Me and Rava will look after you.

You better bloody had. My brother went this year, but the first I knew was photos on FB after the match Doh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 10:57 pm

Guys it's only showing me three pages of a thread. Not the whole lot why is that?

I'm off to bed. Peace out folks
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 10:57 pm

Richard Parks has started his push for the summit of Everest. Hope it goes well for him. Truely remarkable man.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 24 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Micky-maybe the old posts got scared and ran off after remembering your dancing Wink or munsty's singing!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 10:59 pm

The first 990 posts are on a separate thread locked to new posts. It's on the list outside. It's a 990 post pub.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 11:00 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Richard Parks has started his push for the summit of Everest. Hope it goes well for him. Truely remarkable man.

Hear, hear. Very under rated player. Now achieving legend status fair play.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 24 May 2011, 11:08 pm

Right. To sleep. Nos da bawb.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 11:15 pm

I can't wait to read his book (I assume there'll be something). Just reading up about it again. I agree he was under rated.

That's for those who don't know about it.

http://www.737challenge.com/challenge.html

This explains why the Union Flag appears on the charity shirts

"GREAT BRITONS
As well as being a proud Welshman Richard is a proud Briton! To celebrate Great Britain and British-led expeditions, The 737 Challenge is honoured to be joined by the Great Britons Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Steve Williams and Jan Suart, a Marie Curie Nurse.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the world's greatest living explorer, plans to climb the final Summit with Richard – Mt. Elbrus in Russia.

The double Olympic gold medal rower Steve Williams will accompany Richard to The Geographic North Pole and also join Richard on his ascent of Everest, the highest mountain on earth."

Anyway, nos da indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Tue 24 May 2011, 11:19 pm

Yup, confussed (sic) the hell out of me going from 20 odd pages down to 3.

Nos da peeps - up at 6 and off into the wild west (Gloucs) tomorrow. Don't tell prop I said that Whistle

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 May 2011, 11:21 pm

not sure whats going on - will look into it in the morning.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 May 2011, 11:23 pm

An Irish climber died on Everest at the weekend- about 50m from the summit. Sad story, his wife just had a baby girl (while he was away) and they've two other kids. News just broke today because his team were obviously cut off from the rest of the world.

It's definitely not something to be taken lightly and anyone who can achieve it deserves a lot of respect. The fatality rate is high and most of the people who don't make it are left up there- no safe way to get the body down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Boots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sharp_(mountaineer)

Must be quite strange scaling Everest and passing the dead bodies of some of the men who didn't make it on the way. Chilling thought.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 25 May 2011, 12:54 am

http://www.allblacks.com/news/16290/Richie-McCaw-confirms-he’s-staying-in-New-Zealand

Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Very Happy

king Richie's staying on!
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 25 May 2011, 1:21 am

Prediction
McCaw lifts the world cup in 2015 after captaining from no. 6
Yahoo
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 25 May 2011, 8:31 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport?mobile-redirect=false
http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/
http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/rugby

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=80
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union

And as requested on a Wednesday by rava

http://www.ballymoneytimes.co.uk/
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 May 2011, 8:36 am

Morning All,

I almost panicked then and thought the pub had shut. I suppose it's something to do with the memory on this forum or something and it has to archive posts afetr a certain number. Shame it can't be kept together, but as long as it doesn't close that's cool.

Thanks for the papers again Hughie.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 25 May 2011, 8:38 am

Morning pub. Lovely day out here as I approach Swindon.

What's the link...

Xavier Rush - red card for a high tackle on Courtney Lawes.

Mark Cueto - citing and ban for making contact with the eye area of Christian Day.

Delon Armitage- citing and ban for a punch on Steven Myler.

Julien Candelon - yellow card for dangerous tackle/challenge on Lee Dickson.

Ritchie Rees - citing and ban for making contact with the eye area of Dylan Hartley.

Olivier Azam - citing and ban for a head butt on Adam Eustace.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 8:40 am

Richard Parks and Steve Williams managed to make the summit of Everest. Parks seemed to do it in a quick time. Great news. Two mountains to do by July now to do it in 7 months. I guess he can't do that now, but it's still some achievement.

Morning all by the way. Still in the UK. I guess I'm not off now as the cloud has cleared. I gather it is back Friday though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 May 2011, 8:41 am

Harrow - did they all involve the same referee?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 25 May 2011, 8:45 am

Hobo wrote:
Hobo wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t5096-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

here is your answer - it locks at 1000 comments and drops down.

Cant do much about it I am afraid but at least its not lost!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 May 2011, 8:47 am

Thanks Hobo. No worries, as long as it's not lost. Just have to keep an eye on the comments thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 25 May 2011, 8:52 am

Cari - no. its not that. Those were some of the more talked about incidents of foul play from ladt season. But the link between them may not be coincidental.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 May 2011, 8:53 am

Is it the outcome of the hearings?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 25 May 2011, 8:56 am

Morning all,

Need to get some revision done early, then it's State of Origin!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 25 May 2011, 9:00 am

I gotta go cos I'm oof this train now. All those 'sinned against' are Saints.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 9:05 am

MBTGOG wrote:Morning all,

Need to get some revision done early, then it's State of Origin!

Yes Munster. Well reminded. Just remote recorded it off the sky app.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 25 May 2011, 9:07 am

Rev,

I think I better send you a daily text so you record all these things. Will I refrain from giving updates in here so the result isn't ruined for you?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 May 2011, 9:08 am

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:I gotta go cos I'm oof this train now. All those 'sinned against' are Saints.

Really? Ha! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 9:16 am

Morning All! Hope everyone's well.

I'm very glad this pub is still here, I was worried last night that it would run out completely and a new one wouldn't appear.

My mission of the day after work is to buy a new tv (that's going to hurt my purse a bit I think!). My flatmate is taking his with him when he moves out tomorrow so I need to get one asap before the Sky people come to set everything up!

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 25 May 2011, 9:24 am

Hound, I'll accept that Gloucester isn't the nicest place, best thing about it is Kingsholm!! Prefer the forest much more!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 25 May 2011, 9:26 am

There were some good deals at costco this week on 3D TVs if you are interested.

The good news about the Dew Drop Inn thread is that it did it automatically. Just a bit confusing!

Had some good retweets for the site in the last 24 hours - BBC 5LLiveRugby mentioned us, as did Rugby Scotland, Dan Bowden (London Irish) and a 6N twitter feed picked up on the Aviva v Magners article. Good times.

Also had two Private messages from Christian Day (Northampton) on the matter - didnt want to go public with his views!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 25 May 2011, 9:35 am

Hobo: what does all this re-tweets shiz mean??

Whoever invented working from home is a God!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 25 May 2011, 9:44 am

Hobo wrote: Also had two Private messages from Christian Day (Northampton) on the matter - didnt want to go public with his views!

So a Northampton player sent you 2 messages about the comments I wrote criticising Northamptons coach Rolling Eyes I bet he was chuffed
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 25 May 2011, 9:55 am

Prop. I'm at Tortworth Court. V nice!

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 25 May 2011, 10:00 am

red_stag wrote:
Hobo wrote: Also had two Private messages from Christian Day (Northampton) on the matter - didnt want to go public with his views!

So a Northampton player sent you 2 messages about the comments I wrote criticising Northamptons coach Rolling Eyes I bet he was chuffed

Basically - yes!

Think of twitter like email.

If you post something (a Tweet) its like sending an email to all those on your distribution/ contact list (On twitter these are people who follow you)
You can tweet someone specifically, like you can send an email to one person. Only that person will see it.
A retweet (RT) is if someone who has been sent a tweet, then forwards it on to their distribution list (followers) - so for example Bryan Habana sent it on to 40+k people when RTing.

Hope that makes sense!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 25 May 2011, 10:05 am

Ah ok hound! Yeah Wotton is lovely!

Hobo: I think I get it, never understood the appeal of twitter to be honest!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next