The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Rowley
Union Cane
Adam D
Galted
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Raf wrote:Newcastle not being relegated, ey?

Черная вдова Японии взимается в связи со смертью 4 мужем
A Japanese black widow is to be charged with the death of her 4th husband.

Подробнее здесь ...
Read more here ...

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cultural reasons)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm there again in June for a full two days Tina. Might arrange to meet Galted. Is a weekend so won't suggest meeting you Tina, appreciate you will be either doing stuff with your 14 kids or on some Wolf of Wall Street style ludes binge.

What are you doing there for 2 days?

I'm too old for the drugs these days, Jeff.  I'm worried I'll get flashbacks to Aphex Twin videos.

Going to see the Who and various other folk in Hyde Park on the Friday and then hopefully seeing friends foolish enough to live down there Saturday, if that fails I'll just test TSMR's patience by going in lots of second hand book shops on Charing Cross Road (another tip from Galted)

There's quite a decent one in Greenwich, everythings one quid. Problem is most of it's in piles on the floor.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:48 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm there again in June for a full two days Tina. Might arrange to meet Galted. Is a weekend so won't suggest meeting you Tina, appreciate you will be either doing stuff with your 14 kids or on some Wolf of Wall Street style ludes binge.

What are you doing there for 2 days?

I'm too old for the drugs these days, Jeff.  I'm worried I'll get flashbacks to Aphex Twin videos.

Going to see the Who and various other folk in Hyde Park on the Friday and then hopefully seeing friends foolish enough to live down there Saturday, if that fails I'll just test TSMR's patience by going in lots of second hand book shops on Charing Cross Road (another tip from Galted)

There's quite a decent one in Greenwich, everythings one quid.  Problem is most of it's in piles on the floor.
Went to Charing Cross Road nearly 20 years ago (wanted to go "Murder One" that was owned by author and editor Maxim Jakubowski). Loads of hard to find books that weren't THAT expensive. However a stroll around saw me fill a rucksack with cheap novels at decent prices.

Best bit was walking through SoHo a while later and spying a second hand book shop only to discover that after a few feet of shelving the second hand books gave way to all manner of adult material and having bought a crime novel, I was asked if "there was anything else in particular" I was looking for. Dunno why, no-one knew who I was or would ever see me again, but I feel the overwhelming urge to walk out of the shop, open my paper bag and make a great show of displaying the actual book I'd purchased from the seedy looking shop in an "I'm not a sex fiend. Hey look, I read crime novels" show of innocence.

Saw a couple of young "blokes/deezer" who were clearly looking for sex shops, pointing at all the shaven headed blokes and saying in a deep voice to each other"Yeah, he's gay" "He's definitely queer" and was unsurprised but still annoyed when they pointed at me and said "Yeah, Poof"

All in all, quite possibly the reason I hate London and Londeners

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm

Accidently wandered into a sex shop......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 6:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Accidently wandered into a sex shop......

Cut him a bit of slack, watching all those police women in uniform sashaying past everyday, must drive a man to distraction.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:17 am

Fist?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:18 am

I am fist!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:18 am

Yay.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:40 am

Watcha Galts me old cocksparramarramelad.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:52 am

Morning all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:55 am

Morning Jeff, how are you diddling this fine day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:59 am

Steady enough Rick, how do you find yourself today?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:00 am

Calm before the storm here at the moment, so trying to finalise Christmas shopping stuff for Mrs D

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:03 am

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:04 am

s'up Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:08 am

Hello dagless.
Hello Jeff.
Hello Tino.

Been trying to think up something spectacular and hilarious to celebrate my being fist but no joy so far.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:09 am

rick_dagless wrote:s'up Tino

Good day for me, Ricko. Few hours in the chair and then off to meet my brother for our annual Christmas lunch.

The only downside is that it's my turn to pay. And when I tell you he weighs around 1.2 TopHat's, you'll not be surprised to learn that it won't be a cheap lunch.

I do love him, but he's a reet fat bastard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:09 am

Galted wrote:Hello dagless.
Hello Jeff.
Hello Tino.

Been trying to think up something spectacular and hilarious to celebrate my being fist but no joy so far.

Just you being around is enough for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:21 am

Galted wrote:Hello dagless.
Hello Jeff.
Hello Tino.

Just you being around is enough for me.

A jolly big bag of hellos to everyone.

I would climb mountains wearing only a wetsuit and snowshoes (whilst playing a piano accordion) for you blokes... that's how great you all are.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:24 am

Morning all.

What a joy it is to see so many of us on here. Hopefully the rest will be along soon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:53 am

Good day for me, Ricko.  Few hours in the chair and then off to meet my brother for our annual Christmas lunch.

The only downside is that it's my turn to pay.  And when I tell you he weighs around 1.2 TopHat's, you'll not be surprised to learn that it won't be a cheap lunch.

Where are you taking him Tina? Somewhere suitably posh and over priced I hope.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:55 am

Tino wrote:Where are you taking him Tina? Somewhere suitably posh and over priced I hope.

I think that 'The Ivy' does an all you can eat dinner buffet....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:55 am

The Ivy, that is sooo 90s Rick. Tina would not be seen dead in the place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

Rowley wrote:

Good day for me, Ricko.  Few hours in the chair and then off to meet my brother for our annual Christmas lunch.

The only downside is that it's my turn to pay.  And when I tell you he weighs around 1.2 TopHat's, you'll not be surprised to learn that it won't be a cheap lunch.

Where are you taking him Tina? Somewhere suitably posh and over priced I hope.

It's London, everywhere is overpriced.

I'm reluctant to tell you exactly where I am going as it is dangerously close to Liverpool St Station and I know Galted wanders round that area from time to time. I don't want him pressing his face up against the window as I tuck into dessert.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:02 am

KP is miked up in the Big Bash which is on right now. He's just called someone "Buddy", lol.
...and just hit a whopping 6.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

Morning all.

You're indestructible, always believe it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:08 am

Just googled restaurants near Liverpool Street Station. My money is on Hawksmoor.

I like this game.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:10 am

Rowley wrote:Just googled restaurants near Liverpool Street Station. My money is on Hawksmoor.

I like this game.

Incorrect.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:12 am

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:13 am

Union Cane wrote:Krispy Kreme Doughnuts?

If my brother has his way, that would be correct.

He'll stop there on his way home.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:13 am

Try and take this serious Union. Tina is a rich City Boy, he would not be seen in such a place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:14 am

I am out of touch with restaurants in London Jeff...  I will get with the programme.

Meanwhile

Barbecoa?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:17 am

Rowley wrote:Try and take this serious Union. Tina is a rich City Boy, he would not be seen in such a place.

I'm not a 'city boy'. I work here then I go home to a village. We were getting on well recently, Jeff. Stop spoiling it by being a cu*t.

Wrong, Ricko. Although I did go to one of those recently. It were alreet.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

Sorry Tina, no offence meant, will not ruin the festive season. Finding the restaurant is difficult, according to google most of the ones round there are Asian types. Don't see you going to one of those, particularly if your brother is as "stocky" as you say.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:23 am

Rowley wrote:Sorry Tina, no offence meant, will not ruin the festive season. Finding the restaurant is difficult, according to google most of the ones round there are Asian types. Don't see you going to one of those, particularly if your brother is as "stocky" as you say.

You'd love it, Jeff. It's actually a Jazz bar by night. Thankfully for me, they don't play Jazz in the day or I wouldn't go near the place.

It has a Scottish theme as well. One for the family connection.

That should narrow down the search....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:27 am

Is it Boisdale of Bishopgate Tina? Don't worry about Galted if so, I have read the dress code, they have a pretty strict no Jack Wolfskin policy in place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:27 am

Dirty Dicks? 1901?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:31 am

I can get the 10:21 train to London and get there on time. I believe I'm looking for one guy in a tasteless shirt and jumper combo and a John Candy look-a-like. Shouldn't be too hard.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:32 am

Rowley wrote:Is it Boisdale of Bishopgate Tina? Don't worry about Galted if so, I have read the dress code, they have a pretty strict no Jack Wolfskin policy in place.

Laugh

That's the one.  If Galted hangs around long enough, he will see a fat bastard and a slimmer, better looking chap going in.  That will be me. The slimmer one, not the fat bastard.

Rick; Dirty Dicks is a boozer on the corner.  Never been in there.  Glated has though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:34 am

Ponti's?

Morning!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:38 am

I could be at Liverpool Street for 11:55

Would cost me nearly forty quid though, so sod that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:39 am

It looks lovely Tina, what are you having? I'd probably go for the Foie gras Terrine and some sort of Steak as main course.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:44 am

http://www.boisdale.co.uk/menu-files/BOB_cigar_list.pdf

Dafuq?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

I could be there for 15.33 if I leave at 10am.

You still about?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

Rowley wrote:It looks lovely Tina, what are you having? I'd probably go for the Foie gras Terrine and some sort of Steak as main course.

I'll almost certainly have steak. They are great in there.

I won't have Foie gras though. I have a problem with how they farm the geese. I'll probably have the haggis to start.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:50 am

I won't have Foie gras though.  I have a problem with how they farm the geese.  

I can understand that, my issue is my objections to how they are farmed is far outweighed by how nice it tastes. (I am not a good person)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

Rowley wrote:
I won't have Foie gras though.  I have a problem with how they farm the geese.  

I can understand that, my issue is my objections to how they are farmed is far outweighed by how nice it tastes. (I am not a good person)
+1
yum yum

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

I'll have the woodpigeon to start, the 14-16oz ribof beef with green peppercon sauce and matchstick chips, and the welsh rarebit with worcester cause to finish it off. Not fussy on wine, you can choose.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

Nothing from the cigar menu, Sean?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

Blimey, this is cultured...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:07 am

rick_dagless wrote:Blimey, this is cultured...

It is impressive isn't. When even Sean does not lower the tone you know we are in dangerous new ground.

As an aside and as an uncultured oafish Man of the North, what is the point of the cigar menu with the smoking ban? Do you buy one and then stand outside?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next