The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Rowley
Union Cane
Adam D
Galted
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Raf wrote:Newcastle not being relegated, ey?

Черная вдова Японии взимается в связи со смертью 4 мужем
A Japanese black widow is to be charged with the death of her 4th husband.

Подробнее здесь ...
Read more here ...

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cultural reasons)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:25 pm

I have an old copy of The Story of O for sean.
Plenty of military history for Tino & Shah
No boxing books, sorry Jeff
A wide range of DC comics from 1970s - 1990s for rick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:I only read boxing books. Do you have any of them?

You read war books don't you?  And Philip Roth?

You're lying.

I am indeed lying, I am reading Frankenstein at the minute, which half way in is pretty boxing free. Should perhaps have been a little clearer, I only really collect boxing books.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm

Rowley wrote:

You're lying.

I am indeed lying, I am reading Frankenstein at the minute, which half way in is pretty boxing free. Should perhaps have been a little clearer, I only really collect boxing books.

Where does 'American Son: My Story' by Oscar De La Hoya rank in your collection?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:36 pm

Rowley wrote:

You're lying.

Where does 'American Son: My Story' by Oscar De La Hoya rank in your collection?

Sandwiched between 'Riders' and '50 Shades of Grey'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

He loves a bit of Jilly Cooper whilst having a radox soak....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm

and playing with the shower head

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm

seanmichaels wrote:He loves a bit of Jilly Cooper whilst having a radox soak....

Bit of Bublé on the wireless.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm

I'm about to send out 'G-Patrol' by Michael Crichton-Stuart - "An Epic of Irregular Warfare". You'd have loved it Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:47 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm about to send out 'G-Patrol' by Michael Crichton-Stuart - "An Epic of Irregular Warfare". You'd have loved it Tino.

For more than 2 years throughout the ebb and flow of the North African campaign of WW2, the Long Range Desert Group kept up a ceaseless flow of information about what was going on far behind enemy lines. They kept a count of all German and Italian vehicles along the main coastel roads and on the inland desert routes. They reconnoitred alternative lines of advance, discovering a route around the enemy flank on the Mareth Line which noone even knew existed. They raided the enemy lines of cummunication, tying down his badly needed forces of tanks and planes to protect convoys against their hit and run tactics. They operated in a desert more than a thousand miles square, its mountain heights rising to well over 10,000 feet, the dunes of the Great Sand Sea covering an area the size of Ireland.

In small groups of 30 men in ten trucks, they fought a remarkable irregular war. G-Patrol, first published in 1958, is the story of one of those small units. The forward to the book is by Sir Bernard Fergusson and is dedicated to Lieutenant-General Lord Freyberg, General Officer Commanding the New Zealand Expeditionary Force 1939-45, "who foresaw what the Long Range Desert Group might achieve, gave it the men responsible before all others for it's success, and crowned that success when he led the New Zealand Corps to final desert victory through Wilders Gap

Sounds awesome. Could you send me a copy please?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm

Rowley wrote:

You're lying.

Above No Ordinary Joe and Billy Walker's autobiography and below pretty much everything else.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:He loves a bit of Jilly Cooper whilst having a radox soak....

Always Jazz in the bath Tina. Nothing other than the likes of Miles or Duke creates the right ambience.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm about to send out 'G-Patrol' by Michael Crichton-Stuart - "An Epic of Irregular Warfare". You'd have loved it Tino.

For more than 2 years throughout the ebb and flow of the North African campaign of WW2, the Long Range Desert Group kept up a ceaseless flow of information about what was going on far behind enemy lines. They kept a count of all German and Italian vehicles along the main coastel roads and on the inland desert routes. They reconnoitred alternative lines of advance, discovering a route around the enemy flank on the Mareth Line which noone even knew existed. They raided the enemy lines of cummunication, tying down his badly needed forces of tanks and planes to protect convoys against their hit and run tactics. They operated in a desert more than a thousand miles square, its mountain heights rising to well over 10,000 feet, the dunes of the Great Sand Sea covering an area the size of Ireland.

In small groups of 30 men in ten trucks, they fought a remarkable irregular war. G-Patrol, first published in 1958, is the story of one of those small units. The forward to the book is by Sir Bernard Fergusson and is dedicated to Lieutenant-General Lord Freyberg, General Officer Commanding the New Zealand Expeditionary Force 1939-45, "who foresaw what the Long Range Desert Group might achieve, gave it the men responsible before all others for it's success, and crowned that success when he led the New Zealand Corps to final desert victory through Wilders Gap

Sounds awesome.  Could you send me a copy please?

Sounds like one of those mucky phone lines manned by old women with a 40 a day habit.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm

Rowley wrote:

Always Jazz in the bath Tina. Nothing other than the likes of Miles or Duke creates the right ambience.

Sounds like you would need another bath after that

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm

Rowley wrote:Always Jazz in the bath Tina.

Urgh.

<hotdog><snowball>
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:55 pm

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bsi=30&bx=off&ds=30&kn=boxing&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&x=0&y=0&prevpage=1

Merry Christmas Rowley

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:27 pm

Last time I do anything even vaguely nice.

Bastards

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm

Shah with a lovely gesture, it is a Christmas miracle...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Shah with a lovely gesture, it is a Christmas miracle...

Makes a lovely change from slaughtering innocents.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm

They don't even have Christmas do they?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:44 pm

Dunno, Doesn't Geldoff bang on about it?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:49 pm

That famous line in Feed the World - "tonight thank God it's them, instead of you".

They've changed it this year so Bono is wailing "tonight were reaching out, and touching you".

Not very clever in this post Savile/Harris world.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

Bono fix'd it for them...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm

Thanks Shah. I did appreciate the gesture, but have spent the last half hour listening to my boss rehearsing a presentation he has to do soon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Shah with a lovely gesture, it is a Christmas miracle...

Makes a lovely change from slaughtering innocents.

I'd take that more seriously if you said as much to your son

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

Rowley wrote:Thanks Shah. I did appreciate the gesture, but have spent the last half hour listening to my boss rehearsing a presentation he has to do soon.

Is it the same boss who took you to a strip club?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Thanks Shah. I did appreciate the gesture, but have spent the last half hour listening to my boss rehearsing a presentation he has to do soon.

Yes, least I could do in the circumstances.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:02 pm

Rowley wrote:

Yes, least I could do in the circumstances.

He sounds a bit needy.

Would I be correct?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:07 pm

Tino is Rowley's boss?

Wowzers...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm

Just split up with the missus, so probably have to make some allowances.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:09 pm

Union Cane wrote:Tino is Rowley's boss?

Wowzers...

I'm his idol, not his boss.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

I couldn't work in Tina's industry. I have scruples.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

Rowley wrote:I couldn't work in Tina's industry. I have scruples.

Instead, you take backhanders to let illegal immigrants (Galtova) in and take our jobs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:36 pm

Rowley wrote:I couldn't work in Tina's industry. I have scruples.

Instead, you take backhanders to let illegal immigrants (Galtova) in and take our jobs.

Someone has to pick up the slack for galted, it was an ethically sound decision from Rowley, that he also enriched himself beyond the dreams of most northerners was merely a bonus.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Let's face it Tina, Galted was never going to find a missus any other way was he? It is an act of kindness whichever way you look at it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:43 pm

Rowley wrote:Let's face it Tina, Galted was never going to find a missus any other way was he? It is an act of kindness whichever way you look at it.

I suppose.

His terrible footwear, insistence on wearing cargo pants and an over reliance on practical, all weather overcoats has been holding him back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Let's face it Tina, Galted was never going to find a missus any other way was he? It is an act of kindness whichever way you look at it.

I suppose.

His terrible footwear, insistence on wearing cargo pants and an over reliance on practical, all weather overcoats has been holding him back.

Especially when clubbing in Ibiza

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

a man after our own hearts

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/disgruntled-rbs-worker-writes-hilarious-open-letter-to-russell-brand-after-anticapitalist-publicity-stunt-leaves-him-hungry-9930135.html

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

I suppose.

Especially when clubbing in Ibiza

He doesn't go clubbing, he goes orienteering with the local church group.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

rick_dagless wrote:a man after our own hearts

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/disgruntled-rbs-worker-writes-hilarious-open-letter-to-russell-brand-after-anticapitalist-publicity-stunt-leaves-him-hungry-9930135.html

I posted this on the book of face earlier.

I agree with every word, especially when food goes cold.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

Papers are too free with the word hilarious

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

Funniest thing I have read in ages, Brand is a complete tool, the sixties get Martin Luther King, Ali and Dylan as the spokespeople of their generation, we get a second rate pantomime dame who cannot even work out that making a remake of Arthur is not a great idea. Can't help but feel we have been sold short.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm

Rowley wrote:Funniest thing I have read in ages, Brand is a complete tool, the sixties get Martin Luther King, Ali and Dylan as the spokespeople of their generation, we get a second rate pantomime dame who cannot even work out that making a remake of Arthur is not a great idea. Can't help but feel we have been sold short.

True enough, but i imagine much the same was said about them at the time.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:43 pm

Rowley wrote:Funniest thing I have read in ages, Brand is a complete tool, the sixties get Martin Luther King, Ali and Dylan as the spokespeople of their generation, we get a second rate pantomime dame who cannot even work out that making a remake of Arthur is not a great idea. Can't help but feel we have been sold short.

Who would we consider the spokespeople of the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s?

A cultural debate if ever there was one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:

80s - Morten Harket

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Dec 2014, 4:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:

80s - Morten Harket

00s is Daniel Bedingfield definitely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:00 pm

80s - Pete Cox from Go west
90s - Pliers (from Chaka Demus and Pliers)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

Gary Glitter for the 70s?

(I anticipated this being a little highbrower than it is turning out to be honest)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:22 pm

trottb wrote:Evening all. Does anybody know if Galted ever went to Reykjavik?

Not yet, thanks for caring asking.

Last edited by Galted on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to type in "caring" and cross it out)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm

I suppose.

I don't wear cargo pants.

Idiot.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next