The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts?

+10
RubyGuby
HammerofThunor
Welly
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
Cardiff Dave
broadlandboy
wayne
ScarletSpiderman
Seagultaf
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts? - Page 3 Empty What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts?

Post by Seagultaf Mon 15 Dec 2014, 2:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now that the Lydiate issue has been settled, what's the news on the other promised Central Contracts. The vultures in the richer English clubs have already started to gather. See link below:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-head-coach-wayne-pivac-8287585

I know its in the Fail but it quotes Wayne Pivac so should have some substance! Jake Ball and Liam Williams are two of the most promising stars in the Welsh game and whilst Priestland has his knockers, he was MoM yesterday and he is in this week's Planet Rugby team of the week.

So it's now up to Roger the Dodger to put up and sort out this central contract issue once and for all or (hopefully) ship out!!!!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts?

Post by maestegmafia Mon 29 Dec 2014, 12:00 am

The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Lads there is a lot of supposition here and no fact.

Judge the situation after the RWC a year down the line.

At the moment we have two of our best flankers secured in Wales and some promising young players too.

Yet you're the one replying to the supposition with more supposition. I think what SS says is more believable.

No I am not. I am asking the lads to judge something once you have had time for reflection.

Saint you have to start re-reading before you press post. Else you will continue make these silly false accusations that annoy the posters you accuse.

But you can only reflect once it has happened though, so what you're saying is also supposition unless I'm missing something? All I said was is that I think what SS is saying is more the likelihood of what is actually happening/is going to happen. Don't take yourself too seriously, unless you want to be known as the next Sean Holley on here Very Happy.

Stop "thinking what someone said" and start reading what they wrote.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the latest on WRU Central Contracts?

Post by The Saint Mon 29 Dec 2014, 12:32 am

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:

At the moment we have two of our best flankers secured in Wales and some promising young players too.

Yet you're the one replying to the supposition with more supposition. I think what SS says is more believable.

No I am not. I am asking the lads to judge something once you have had time for reflection.

Saint you have to start re-reading before you press post. Else you will continue make these silly false accusations that annoy the posters you accuse.

But you can only reflect once it has happened though, so what you're saying is also supposition unless I'm missing something? All I said was is that I think what SS is saying is more the likelihood of what is actually happening/is going to happen. Don't take yourself too seriously, unless you want to be known as the next Sean Holley on here Very Happy.

I must have misunderstood another one of your riddles then, because I read a fair bit of supposition from you.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 29 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm

The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:

I must have misunderstood another one of your riddles then, because I read a fair bit of supposition from you.

Welsh rugby is a riddle, mun.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 29 Dec 2014, 7:53 pm

Riddle,

Is that another word for its in a bit of mess still which in all honesty is no surprise to me.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 29 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Riddle,

Is that another word for its in a bit of mess still which in all honesty is no surprise to me.

I'd agree with that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 29 Dec 2014, 9:00 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

Put it into a bit of perspective look at where Welsh rugby was twenty or twenty five years ago...! We are in a much better place now

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

Put it into a bit of perspective look at where Welsh rugby was twenty or twenty five years ago...! We are in a much better place now

14 October 1989 - Cardiff Arms Park
Cardiff 15 - 25 New Zealand

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:29 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

And a few months earlier Wales had been beaten in both tests by 50 points!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

Seagultaf wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

And the WRU as well as the clubs were in a far worse state trying to organise the game within Wales. We then started losing masses of players throughout the game, not just to Rugby League, but to disinterest and disenchantment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 31 Dec 2014, 5:31 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

So Cardiff were, in fact, better than team Wales and "Welsh rugby" is all about team Wales results.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 31 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

And the WRU as well as the clubs were in a far worse state trying to organise the game within Wales. We then started losing masses of players throughout the game, not just to Rugby League, but to disinterest and disenchantment.

Plenty of that around now though MM.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:45 am

The dual contract's ballsacks now

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/7349.php
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:09 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

No where near as bad though...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:10 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:The dual contract's ballsacks now

Good news. He's been a massive player for Scarlets

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:04 am

maestegmafia wrote:

I'm not too sure if it is good news or not to be honest. It is good news he is not leaving, however it is going to be an issue for our pack, as Jake (when fit) is an ever present part of it, so with the game limit it I would assume we are going to have to be looking for a new bulky lump to add some go forward when he is missing.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:59 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

I'm not too sure if it is good news or not to be honest.  It is good news he is not leaving, however it is going to be an issue for our pack, as Jake (when fit) is an ever present part of it, so with the game limit it I would assume we are going to have to be looking for a new bulky lump to add some go forward when he is missing.

Ok he is limited to 16 games but you have other good second rows and young lads coming through. Less games means longer career too. You might get ten years out of him rather than five...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Fri 02 Jan 2015, 12:49 pm

Big statement, this is the first current Regional star who is first choice for Wales to be engaged on a Dual Contract. I dont count WRU lapdog Warburton as he acted independantly without the agreement of the Regions. Hopefully more top players will be prevented from leaving Wales but Dual Contracts.

I suspect that Jake would not be in Wales next season without this move, so its good news for the Welsh supporters. No doubt however that the Scarlets will now have to buy another overseas lump to cover the games that Jake will not be available.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 02 Jan 2015, 2:59 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Big statement, this is the first current Regional star who is first choice for Wales to be engaged on a Dual Contract. I dont count WRU lapdog Warburton as he acted independantly without the agreement of the Regions. Hopefully more top players will be prevented from leaving Wales but Dual Contracts.

I suspect that Jake would not be in Wales next season without this move, so its good news for the Welsh supporters. No doubt however that the Scarlets will now have to buy another overseas lump to cover the games that Jake will not be available.

To make these DCs have any validity then this is the type of player we need to see signing them so for me its good news, I have been cynical and sceptical over them so lets hope we see more first choice players signing them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Jan 2015, 7:42 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:Big statement, this is the first current Regional star who is first choice for Wales to be engaged on a Dual Contract. I dont count WRU lapdog Warburton as he acted independantly without the agreement of the Regions. Hopefully more top players will be prevented from leaving Wales but Dual Contracts.

To make these DCs have any validity then this is the type of player we need to see signing them so for me its good news, I have been cynical and sceptical over them so lets hope we see more first choice players signing them.

I still am and remain very unconvinced.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 02 Jan 2015, 7:43 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

I don't think young guys like Ball, Morgan, Amos, etc. should be having a limited amount of games. If they become injury prone and/or get a bit older, that's when you start to manage their game time.

As for Ballsack and Scarlets, good news. They already have cover in Earle, Rawlings and Kelly don't they? If the team is signing someone then I suggest it by a fly-half (Owen Williams), and some wingers.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm

The Saint wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

I don't think young guys like Ball, Morgan, Amos, etc. should be having a limited amount of games. If they become injury prone and/or get a bit older, that's when you start to manage their game time.

As for Ballsack and Scarlets, good news. They already have cover in Earle, Rawlings and Kelly don't they? If the team is signing someone then I suggest it by a fly-half (Owen Williams), and some wingers.

32 games in total for English players. Probably similar for Welsh players.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29011483

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'd agree with that.

No where near as bad though...!

Still too much however and a large dose of honesty would help.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

AWJ, a definite first choicer refused one of Dodger's, dodgy DCs.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:41 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

why do you think he refused? Did he say that he refused one...????

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 03 Jan 2015, 1:33 am

Yep.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 03 Jan 2015, 6:35 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Dave,

I know and it's why I am sceptical still as him and others have not sigend/refused whichever it is but if they can get a few more on board then my opinion MAY change. As I have said many times before there is still no much dis-trust between the Regions and the Union it was never going to be an immediate success.

The 16 game limit is way to low IMO as there is no substitute for match fitness and playing, whilst I understand the issue of player welfare and resting players there are some such as Faletau for e.g. would play every game if he could which on the flip side is damaging as well as they need rest.

If others come back to Wales for a DC or more youngsters are given them well ok but that's not how these DCs were announced, there were portrayed as being done to keep current International stars in Wales not bringing stars home.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

Half of the 6 players given DC's so far are regular squad members, two of them regular starters. I notice a lot of scepticism and pessimism at the concept already, which is hardly surprising given it's still early days and the WRU-regions battleground is still fresh.

I find giving a contract to Rhodri Jones ludicrous (Lee and Adam Jones are more worthy of one than Rhodri) but anyone who knows me knows that I don't rate him as an international standard player. I'm very sceptical about Amos and Morgan but hopefully in the long term they can vindicate the decision.

It's hard to call who else might get an offer. A few that come to mind are:

Current regulars- Jenkins, Lee, (Owens?), Webb, Biggar, Cuthbert, Liam Williams
Prospects- Baker, Anscombe (later, maybe), Allen

Though I should stress this isn't a prediction, I'm not aware where any of the above players are in their respective current contracts. Some may well re-sign a regional contract alone or else still have some time to run.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 03 Jan 2015, 6:13 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Dave,

I know and it's why I am sceptical still as him and others have not sigend/refused whichever it is but if they can get a few more on board then my opinion MAY change.  As I have said many times before there is still no much dis-trust between the Regions and the Union it was never going to be an immediate success.

The 16 game limit is way to low IMO as there is no substitute for match fitness and playing, whilst I understand the issue of player welfare and resting players there are some such as Faletau for e.g. would play every game if he could which on the flip side is damaging as well as they need rest.

If others come back to Wales for a DC or more youngsters are given them well ok but that's not how these DCs were announced, there were portrayed as being done to keep current International stars in Wales not bringing stars home.

Say for instance, no more players sign up to a DC, what happens to the remaining allocated cash?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 03 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm

The Saint wrote:Yep.

BS

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 03 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:Yep.

BS

You know all about that mind Wink. I'm only repeating what Wayne has said, he apparently has good sources.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 03 Jan 2015, 9:19 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Half of the 6 players given DC's so far are regular squad members, two of them regular starters. I notice a lot of scepticism and pessimism at the concept already, which is hardly surprising given it's still early days and the WRU-regions battleground is still fresh.

I find giving a contract to Rhodri Jones ludicrous (Lee and Adam Jones are more worthy of one than Rhodri) but anyone who knows me knows that I don't rate him as an international standard player. I'm very sceptical about Amos and Morgan but hopefully in the long term they can vindicate the decision.

It's hard to call who else might get an offer. A few that come to mind are:

Current regulars- Jenkins, Lee, (Owens?), Webb, Biggar, Cuthbert, Liam Williams
Prospects- Baker, Anscombe (later, maybe), Allen

Though I should stress this isn't a prediction, I'm not aware where any of the above players are in their respective current contracts. Some may well re-sign a regional contract alone or else still have some time to run.

Knowsit,

2 of the regular starters I guess you mean are Lydiate and Warburton both to me had little options but to sign, the contracts initially were suppose to keep players in Wales not bring them back to Wales as in Dans case. If the goal posts have moved that's fine just wish they would be straight about things for once.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:36 pm

bedford,

Who can say for certain that keeping current home-based players was the only objective, even at the onset? All we know is that regional bosses widely indicated that that was what THEY wanted to be the case. All but one of the six confirmed contracts have been given to players currently based in Wales but all the same, my guess was that the WRU's intentions were ultimately to lure back some of the players who had departed over the last four years.

I personally don't see any immediate reason why DC's couldn't help to make progress on both fronts: keeping the best we have and bringing back some of the best from abroad. IF they're handled and issued wisely, that is.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 04 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm

From the reports in the press today it looks like Priestland is off to Bath, a great shame as he has shown in the last month what a good player he is. You can't blame him as the trolls on this site and others have blamed him for everything that has gone wrong for the National side for the past two years. It's no doubt that this criticism and the fact that he has been playing behind a beaten pack and targeted by Wales opponents have affected his confidence.

He was excellent yesterday he created the first try with a clean break (through Dan Biggar’s attempted tackle) and then a perfectly weighted pass to put Liam into the gap between two defenders. He missed a few kicks at goal but Anscombe only kicked one of three for his MoM on New Year’s Day! And I suspect that it will be Anscombe despite showing little form to date, who will get the WRU Dual Contract.

Great shame for the Regional game as another one of our stars seems to be leaving Wales. As could be seen in yesterday's Derby match the quality is begining to suffer with the likes of JD2, North, Turnbull, Hibbard, James and Ianto missing from the teams.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm

I'd be surprised if Rhys Priestland reads this site.

To be honest, does he get that much criticism on here? I would say that the biggest thing is criticism of Gatland for constantly playing him and trying to get him to find his form. That criticism isn't just limited to the selection of him though and it is fair to criticise Gatland for picking "his favourites".

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 04 Jan 2015, 6:12 pm

Seagultaf wrote:From the reports in the press today it looks like Priestland is off to Bath, a great shame as he has shown in the last month what a good player he is. You can't blame him as the trolls on this site and others have blamed him for everything that has gone wrong for the National side for the past two years. It's no doubt that this criticism and the fact that he has been playing behind a beaten pack and targeted by Wales opponents have affected his confidence.

He was excellent yesterday he created the first try with a clean break (through Dan Biggar’s attempted tackle) and then a perfectly weighted pass to put Liam into the gap between two defenders. He missed a few kicks at goal but Anscombe only kicked one of three for his MoM on New Year’s Day! And I suspect that it will be Anscombe despite showing little form to date, who will get the WRU Dual Contract.

Great shame for the Regional game as another one of our stars seems to be leaving Wales.  As could be seen in yesterday's Derby match the quality is begining to suffer with the likes of JD2, North, Turnbull, Hibbard, James and Ianto missing from the teams.

I appreciate some of the criticism of Priestland in the past has been over-the-top (though I really don't find much personal stuff leveled at him these days). RRev has a point; most of the criticism is over Priestland rather than at him. Gatland gets slated frequently for over-selecting Priestland when the latter is clearly not the best for the job. Though it's become a typical gripe Welsh fans have with Gatland's selections, it's not the same as criticising Priestland personally.

Also, that post seems to be trying to cover up a lot of Priestland's frailties. You can cite the odd good performance for the Scarlets but that doesn't compensate for the number of shockers he's had in a Welsh shirt. Nor can you blame all that on the Welsh pack; even when they're holding their own, Priestland plays very poorly and has little to no positive impact on the game. You say the opposition target him a lot but why do you think they target him a lot? Because he's a vulnerable player who can be targeted effectively. What little I saw of him most recently, in the autumn, was not impressive: his kicking game was dire, his passing was poor, as was his handling and he got smashed/turned over a lot in contact. He's a consistent liability for Wales.

Hopefully some time away from the scene will do him some good and, with a little luck, he'll improve and come back stronger. But I have to be blunt, I haven't rated him highly since 2011/2012 and as such, do not consider his departure a disaster for Wales.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm

Seagultaf wrote:From the reports in the press today it looks like Priestland is off to Bath, a great shame as he has shown in the last month what a good player he is. You can't blame him as the trolls on this site and others have blamed him for everything that has gone wrong for the National side for the past two years. It's no doubt that this criticism and the fact that he has been playing behind a beaten pack and targeted by Wales opponents have affected his confidence.

Great shame for the Regional game as another one of our stars seems to be leaving Wales.  As could be seen in yesterday's Derby match the quality is begining to suffer with the likes of JD2, North, Turnbull, Hibbard, James and Ianto missing from the teams.

An opportunity for someone else to fill his boots then. A star who could be foreigner and a better player perhaps. He doesn't necessarily have to be Welsh either.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 04 Jan 2015, 9:25 pm

Seagul, if he's been good in the last month then you have low expectations. I think he's been above average because of his error count. Yet again, like the pundits, etc. you seem to be heaping praise on the guy for doing basic stuff! His exit is good for Scarlets, stop double posting BS posts.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:12 pm

Owen Williams apparently turned down a WRU offer

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Owen-Williams-set-sign-new-deal-Leicester-Tigers/story-25804213-detail/story.html

Last edited by Welly on Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm

Sh*t.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:25 pm

The Saint wrote:Sh*t.

brilliant news I know!!!

What next for Scarlets?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:38 pm

Southern Hemisphere maybe, or stick with Shingler and bring through another ten. Is there anybody handy playing within the region?

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm

Arise lord Henson of Gavin?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:55 pm

Maybe. Though I'm not sure they'll gamble on him as an out and out ten. Don't know what his contract situation is either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:22 am

We need 10 cover too, I for one wouldn't mind seeing Henson come to us. Not sure who else Scarlets have on their books, but they will require cover and as they have a good academy I've no doubt somebody with great potential will come through - shame Nigel is no longer involved as he was good at head-hunting players in and around the region.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:35 am

If Nigel was there, he might've forced Sam across or grounded him for life.

I'm definitely still hoping Henson finally comes to Dave Parade. Rumours have been going on too long now.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:42 am

This may be Shinglers chance or will they look abroad
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 05 Jan 2015, 9:38 am

Could be a great opportunity to re-launch Jordan Williams exciting brand of flyhalf play, though I would guess Steven Shingler is most likely to step in.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 05 Jan 2015, 10:17 am

maestegmafia wrote:Could be a great opportunity to re-launch Jordan Williams exciting brand of flyhalf play, though I would guess Steven Shingler is most likely to step in.

Not likely.   We have Shingler and Josh Lewis who are more traditional flyhlaves.  I can't really see Jordan being used at flyhalf anytime in the future, he is seen as defensively too weak as a winger, so he would be viewed as a liability at flyhalf where there seems to be far more defensive skills required.  I must be honest I could see an NWQ fly half being brought in, as next season our only NWQs will be Barclay, King, Tagi and Parkes (time serving), the chatter is that we are talking with Tom Taylor at the moment, but how true that is who knows.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 05 Jan 2015, 10:38 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Could be a great opportunity to re-launch Jordan Williams exciting brand of flyhalf play, though I would guess Steven Shingler is most likely to step in.

Not likely.   We have Shingler and Josh Lewis who are more traditional flyhlaves.  I can't really see Jordan being used at flyhalf anytime in the future, he is seen as defensively too weak as a winger, so he would be viewed as a liability at flyhalf where there seems to be far more defensive skills required.  I must be honest I could see an NWQ fly half being brought in, as next season our only NWQs will be Barclay, King, Tagi and Parkes (time serving), the chatter is that we are talking with Tom Taylor at the moment, but how true that is who knows.

Tom Taylor would be a very big signing for Scarlets.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

Andy Goode might be looking for a new club.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next