The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

+24
Scottrf
huw
SugarRayBray
AZZJ44
jimdig
Nico the gman
3fingers
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
titaniumjaw
DuransHorse
Coxy001
kingraf
Atila
Lance
Jermaine2015
AdamT
catchweight
Mr Bounce
Steffan
hazharrison
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 3 Empty Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Easy to say that Canelo is too big.....But he isn't that great at using his strength and size...Not a great pressure fighter.

This fight is logistically no different than any other Khan fight for me....If he avoids getting caught he wins...

Not sure Canelo's work rate and accuracy will be good enough to wear Khan down.....He's better than Rhodes who went 11 ??

Have no doubts that Khan will trouble Canelo with his excellent speed and jab...He also has a ready made blue print to follow...

Khan has to fight the fight of his life but smaller fighters like Conn and Leonard did against Louis and Hagler....Whilst Khan is very talented he isn't in there league BUT Canelo isn't in Hagler or Louis league either...

Khan does have the talent and Canelo's work rate suggests Khan can take a good lead into the middle rounds...

Khan has the ability and he obviously fancies it.....But will he brain fade ??

He loses and he moves back to welter anyway....

Speed and a top jab should never be written off..Sure Golovkin would kill him..But he isn't fighting GGG is he !!

Intriguing fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 3 Empty Re: Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Feb 2016, 3:27 pm

Truss you are a master of wind up. I salute you, good luck with the rest of the thread.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 3 Empty Re: Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 3:35 pm

Khan's odds are shorter than Fury's...Leonard's....Spink's....Conn's...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan's odds are shorter than Fury's...Leonard's....Spink's....Conn's...

Of course he can win. Nobody is saying he can't, including the bookies. But Canelo is odds on to win meaning he'll win more than he loses against Khan, according to the bookies. So don't see the relevance of the above post.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Feb 2016, 3:46 pm

I don't think he can win

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 3:57 pm

It's all about opinions....

But all this "All you have to do against Khan" crap is silly..

He's been beaten once in 7 years...Petersen decision was dog crap and he gave that sucker a break..

If he behaves it's an interesting fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 4:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's all about opinions....

But all this "All you have to do against Khan" crap is silly..

He's been beaten once in 7 years...Petersen decision was dog crap and he gave that sucker a break..

If he behaves it's an interesting fight..

That stat would be more impressive except he's only fought 6 times since 2012 and his last 5 fights have been Molina, Diaz, Collazo, Alexander and Algieri.

Can he win? Of course. Will he win? Not for me. However I did say Rocky Fielding would beat Callum Smith laughing

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 4:23 pm

I think its a decent fight tbh neither are ever in bad fights. I think Khan will be ahead after 6 rounds but then Canelo works him out, times him then stops him. We all know when Khan gets tagged he gets into a shoot out and he'll come off 2nd best against Canelo.

Does anybody know how this fight came to be? Did Al Haymon offer crazy money? Is this really the biggest fight, GGG aside, at the weight for Canelo?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 08 Feb 2016, 4:38 pm

sohotnot wrote:I think its a decent fight tbh neither are ever in bad fights. I think Khan will be ahead after 6 rounds but then Canelo works him out, times him then stops him. We all know when Khan gets tagged he gets into a shoot out and he'll come off 2nd best against Canelo.

Does anybody know how this fight came to be? Did Al Haymon offer crazy money? Is this really the biggest fight, GGG aside, at the weight for Canelo?
Don't think Khan will be there after 6 rounds, Canelo will have got him out of there by then.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm

If Khan fights to the best of his abilities and smart I don't see why not. Canelo can be a slow starter or maybe just patient, its only the Kirkland fight in recent times that he's been quick out the blocks and that was because Kirkland jumped on him. As many have said Khan is quick and will look to get in land a few and get out, but I just can't see him sticking to a strict game plan for 12 rounds especially with the extra weight he's carrying. Canelo will hurt Khan and we know how he will respond and how it will end.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:16 pm

He does have the Holy habit of trading when hurt...

Maybe he can temper it...Bruno eventually learned how to hold...

I pick Canelo but he'll have to work for it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:16 pm

I think Canelo should be restricted to how much weight he can put one AFTER the official weigh-in. He's clearly not going to shift his stance on everyone weighing 155 but he should only be allowed to weigh 160 max on fight night and be docked $100k for every pound he's over.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:18 pm

Khan should refuse to fight if he's over...Like Spinks against Eddie Mustafa..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:26 pm

Canelo should be stripped of his "MW title" and if he wins, make the belt vacant

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:29 pm

sohotnot wrote:I think its a decent fight tbh neither are ever in bad fights. I think Khan will be ahead after 6 rounds but then Canelo works him out, times him then stops him. We all know when Khan gets tagged he gets into a shoot out and he'll come off 2nd best against Canelo.

Golden Boy have a history of matching names rather than competitive rivals. They decided to give Canelo a gimme (for a change) and this one makes them the most money (rather than pinging out a lower level middleweight).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Canelo should be stripped of his "MW title" and if he wins, make the belt vacant

Canelo is Mexican and that's where the WBC are from..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:28 pm

Truss is just a bit of a Khan fanboy. 'Oh but Leonard' - Leonard was an ATG and Khan simply put isn't.

Tagged against pretty much everyone he's faced, been dropped how many times and wobbled?!

Has good hand speed but not much in terms of timing : timing beats speed. And for someone so quick he gets nailed as per the above comment.

He simply doesn't stand a chance. No power, no chin, too small, poor technically. Pretty poor wind up when someone argues so much for Khan having chances then picking the other guy by late stoppage. If you think he won't win stop wasting 5 hours of your day by boring us saying he could!!!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:30 pm

Go away...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:32 pm

AdamT wrote:I don't buy the nobody has outboxed Khan stuff. If be was that fine a boxer he wouldn't of been put away by Garcia and Prescott.t.

Hardly rebutting my point......He got caught..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:34 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Truss is just a bit of a Khan fanboy. 'Oh but Leonard' - Leonard was an ATG and Khan simply put isn't.

Tagged against pretty much everyone he's faced, been dropped how many times and wobbled?!

Has good hand speed but not much in terms of timing : timing beats speed. And for someone so quick he gets nailed as per the above comment.

He simply doesn't stand a chance. No power, no chin, too small, poor technically. Pretty poor wind up when someone argues so much for Khan having chances then picking the other guy by late stoppage. If you think he won't win stop wasting 5 hours of your day by boring us saying he could!!!

Yep, talk about hedging your bets.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Truss is just a bit of a Khan fanboy. 'Oh but Leonard' - Leonard was an ATG and Khan simply put isn't.

Yep.....Now off you go...

Moaning about this fight and yet Rigo v Dickens "Wow go Jezza"..

You're not a rational man...Let's move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 6:54 pm

Go away? Marvellous response to the fact you're making this out as a 50-50 when 99% think it's going to be a massacre.

You know what I really think a Toro Rosso driver is going to win the championship this year. I'll write over and over why I think they've got a serious chance. But heck I'll then pick Hamilton in a close one. Just because an atg once upon a time did so and will ignore the fact that neither drivers are atgs and can hold a candle to said atg in any way.

Yours faithfully

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 7:00 pm

Your posting history is just layer after layer of abuse at me.. Coxy.

I don't want to abuse you...It wouldn't feel right..

Thanks for your opinion...It's been noted.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 7:07 pm

I would mention something about your posting history but sadly I don't have time this year to go through 35000 posts.

But anyway, back to the task at hand of figuring out how long it is lasts before Khan gets steamrolled. Someone mentioned the blown up Lopez getting cartwheeled by Canelo, pretty obvious what Canelo will do and that's follow the simple Algieri/Peterson/Garcia blueprint and just steamroll in... Albeit with a better skillset, quicker hands and a much heavier punch.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm

Truss you can't tell posters to go away If they don't agree. Like you said, everyone has an opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 08 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Yep.....Now off you go...

Moaning about this fight and yet Rigo v Dickens "Wow go Jezza"..

You're not a rational man...Let's move on..

I'm a fan of Dickens - it's a big mismatch but I'm rooting for him to do well. Khanelo is also a huge mismatch (but at least Rigo and Jazza are the same weight). I bet he fares better than Khan - put that one in your pipe!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm

I'll gladly do it on your behalf Truss, Coxy why don't you go choke on a massive Asian coloured dildo?

Your constant Khan bashing makes me sick, you give him zero credit for anything he had achieved in boxing and quite frankly you strike me as a daily mail reading, middle England, biggot.

Whilst Khan isn't the second coming of Ali, he is a hard working and talented boxer yet to hear you speak your thing he was a thalidomide with learning difficulties. Take your predujice and Poopie opinions and Frak off.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:34 pm

Bit over the top. You're a spiteful little man.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:35 pm

Kareem61 wrote:I'll gladly do it on your behalf Truss, Coxy why don't you go choke on a massive Asian coloured dildo?

Your constant Khan bashing makes me sick, you give him zero credit for anything he had achieved in boxing and quite frankly you strike me as a daily mail reading, middle England, biggot.

Whilst Khan isn't the second coming of Ali, he is a hard working and talented boxer yet to hear you speak your thing he was a thalidomide with learning difficulties. Take your predujice and Poopie opinions and Frak off.

This is the problem with Khan fans, they cry racism the moment he gets any criticism, disgraceful comment.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm

Sorry HH but I disagree wholeheartedly, as I have already stated, I believe Khan to be far from the perfect boxer but to hear man sausage talk you'd think he had difficulty lacing up his gloves.

I just find it spiteful, nasty and in very bad taste to read his posts with regards to Khan. He seems to lack the ability to be remotely objective, instead choosing to mud throw and cast spurious aspersions.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:42 pm

Can we calm down....

All this because I'm making a case for Khan to extend Canelo...

I genuinely believe stylistically Khan is in with a shout...

Nothing to get upset about..

Think Kareem's passion may have overflowed...But he seems a good sort...

Coxy is harmless enough like ONETWO. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:43 pm

Why not pick up on Coxy's posts about Roy Jones or is it easier to throw around racism accusations with regards to Khan whom is a very difficult guy to like.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 08 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

Not sure if you're backing me there HH... Long day.

And Kream. I struggle to see why you think I've not given Khan credit, have been on here in the last few days saying he's got balls as it's borderline suicide. Even said I'd be worried for him if he gets tagged badly.

Just because I give him 0% hope doesn't mean I'm some BNP extreme right lunatic.

Even backed him against Maidana by UD - I can even go through the old 606 to find it if you like. I don't like the guy, don't rate him but that's about it. I like Rashid and Moeen on the other hand (and as an example£, just so you can take that dildo and shove it so far up your arse you can blow it.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 8:14 am

Don't think I own a dildo that big Smile

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:06 am

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet (haven't really looked though) but Kell Brook called GGG out for a fight at 155.

Tongue in cheek to make a name for himself out of the ring instead of in it?

Not a Kell thread I know but I find it hard to rate Kell. Looks good against the second and third raters he's fought yet he's only got Porter to show for a career so far and that was an awful fight that he sneaked (I thought it was very close).

Should he forget about Khan and go to make a name for himself in America against Garcia or Thurman (if Thurman beats Porter) or wait Khan out to make the money in Britain that he's desperate for?

Where does Kell go after Bizier?

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:09 am

If I were Kell I would definitely fight the winner of Thurman, Porter. He would make himself the number 1 guy in the division, if he were to win.

When Khan loses to Canelo, he will be looking at Kell for a final payday.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:20 am

I think he has to go that route. Forget about Khan for a while now and make a name for himself in his own right. I know he's done that by beating Porter but time is getting on now. Garcia should be next for him as he's the only welterweight I can think of that hasn't got an opponent lined up. Could be difficult to make after Angel García's comments recently but they need to try.

I'd think he could beat Garcia and Thurman. Thurmans looked impressive although not so much against Collazo so he's beatable. Kell has good skills and these would both be good fights. Better than Kell v Porter anyway.

Time for him to make some noise.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:28 am

He could fight Garcia next. I would pick Kell to win. If he doesn't get that fight, the winner of Thurman v Porter makes the most sense. He has a chance to become the man at the weight. He has been fighting duds for too long now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:25 pm

I think brook matches up well against Garcia, I'd back him strongly. Thurman? Be a pickem for me at the moment.

I thought the porter brook fight was closer than the cards, but not sure I'd be excited over a rematch.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:32 pm

I think Brook beats most including Manny and Bradley..

Only Khan and Thurman for me are question marks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:34 pm

Not sure about Manny Truss, but agree with the rest. I guess it depends how much he has left.

I think Brook and Khan is 50-50. I favour Brook by stoppage, but Khan could beat him if he is patient and doesn't stay stationery.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm

Manny is knocking on and he's had an operation...

Good time to get him...He's picked Bradley for a reason...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

I guess. Welter is an exciting division. Hopefully more big fights follow. You know who will be back for fight 50. He will fight at 155 in September.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 09 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

Q&A: Amir Khan
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/410641-qa-amir-khan

On May 7, welterweight contender Amir Khan will travel eight pounds north into a catchweight fight against THE RING magazine and WBC middleweight champ Canelo Alvarez. The HBO Pay Per View event, which may take place at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, was met by a passionate mix of surprise, intrigue and derision.

Most of the criticism of the matchup has to do with the size disparity between Alvarez and the former WBA/IBF 140-pound titleholder.

Khan (30-3, 19 knockouts), THE RING’s No. 3-rated welterweight, understands the concerns but believes that he build his tall and rangy frame to the contracted 155-pound catchweight.

People need to know that I’m not going to eat up or simply move up to 155,” said the 29-year-old native of Bolton, England (of Pakistani descent). “I’m going to train up to 155.”

Khan, a 2004 Olympic silver medalist, had targeted Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao in recent years but was unable to land a bout against either future hall of famer.

“It’s good to show that I want to fight the best fighters in the world,” he told RingTV.com. “All fighters should be looking at my situation of fighting the best. If I’m seeking to fight the best, so should other fighters be fighting the best. I’m not ducking anyone.

“People around the boxing world are saying Amir Khan has some balls going up in weight. It’s nice to catch fans by surprise with a fight of this magnitude.”

Khan recently spoke to RingTV.com’s Dominic Verdin about the mega-matchup.

RingTV.com – This fight between you and Canelo was unexpected and set Twitter on fire after its announcement. Some fans are praising the fight, others are calling it a mismatch, but it has our attention. Why is that?

Amir Khan – I believe this fight between Canelo and I is getting more attention than a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. The hype for this fight has just been unexpected. No one knew of this fight taking place or of any negotiations taking place. When the fight was announced, no one knew how react to this fight or to even believe it was happening. People around the boxing world are saying Amir Khan has some balls going up in weight. It’s nice to catch fans by surprise with a fight of this magnitude.

RTV – The best should fight the best.

AK – It’s good to show that I want to fight the best fighters in the world. All fighters should be looking at my situation of fighting the best. If I’m seeking to fight the best, so should other fighters be fighting the best. I’m not ducking anyone. This is a massive test for me. Supposedly, I’m scared to fight Kell Brook and here I am fighting a guy like Canelo Alvarez.

RTV – In the past you were seeking bouts with the likes of Mayweather and Pacquaio and they never materialized. Why? And now you’re taking on a dangerous fighter in Canelo Alvarez. Please explain?

AK – The reason why Mayweather and Pacquaio did not want any part of me was because I was too dangerous for them. They felt that Amir was gonna make them look bad. They are beatable and I have the tools to beat them at my weight. Canelo is going to be a much tougher fight for me. The fight and the weight against Mayweather would have been fair and a fight I would have won. Now I have a real challenge in front me against Canelo. It’s only making me train harder than ever. I’m finally getting my break I need to prove how good I am by beating Canelo Alvarez. Mayweather or Pacquaio wouldn’t give me that opportunity. This is my goal to be at the top.

RTV – How on earth was this fight kept air tight with no strong sources spreading any rumors?

AK – Oscar and I were talking, and he mentioned a fight between Alvarez and I. I told Oscar “break the fight down because you know there will be many to say this is a mismatch or that I will get knocked out.” If you think about the fight: stylistically it has the makings for a great fight. I honestly believe I can beat this guy. Everybody acts like he’s an unstoppable machine and are afraid to fight him. I am not scared to fight him and I am not going to go in there with respect. I’m going in there to beat the fight guy. I am normally the favorite in all my fights. I’m coming in as the underdog and it’s only making me hungrier.

RTV – Were there ever any real negotiations for a Kell Brook fight?

AK – We talked about the possibility about a Kell Brook fight but it seemed to me they were just bluffing. When it came down to sign they didn’t want the fight. They wanted an easy fight. And it just proves to the world that Amir Khan will fight anybody and I am not afraid of anyone.

RTV – In your wildest dreams did you ever imagine to be in the position that you are in now, fighting for the lineal middleweight championship of the world?

AK – I knew one day I’d be fighting as a middleweight. I have the height and the frame. I remember having a dream that by the end of boxing career I would be three-weight world champion, and this is my time where I could and will win the middleweight championship. I haven’t won a welterweight championship so there is unfinished business there to be handled but that doesn’t mean I will drop back down to welter. Not too many fighters get this chance. I do know I am going to make history in this fight.

RTV – Why does this fight carry entertainment value?

AK – You have two big names in boxing. I’m big in the Middle East, the UK, Asia and Europe. Alvarez is huge in America and Mexico and you have two big superstars fighting each other and you don’t get that very often. That’s why there is so much excitement in this fight. You have two big names not scared to fight each other, we both come to fight, we are both young and in our prime.

RTV – With the retirement of Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the pending departure of Manny Pacquaio is this the right time to make a bold move?

AK – Someone has to take that spot and once I beat Canelo Alvarez I will be the top guy in the world boxing. This is my time and this my year. I’m in my prime in my career, I’m at my peak, at my best, mentally and physically. This is my time to shock the world. People will understand as to why Mayweather and Pacquaio did not want this fight. They will see that Amir Khan is one of the best fighters in the world.

RTV – It’ll be close to one year since you last stepped inside the squared ring, when you defeated Chris Algieri by decision. Will you be able to shake off the ring rust? Will the speed, the agility and mobility carry well with the heavier weight?

AK – I think I will be in better condition. I have been sparring with bigger guys. I feel much stronger not having to cut too much weight. I feel happy, not dehydrated. This is only going to bring out the best of me. I’ve kept myself busy in between fights. Staying sharp, correcting mistakes inside the ring and improving each day with my boxing days. People need to know I’m not going to eat up or simply move up to 155. I’m going to train up to 155.

RTV – Your contract does not stipulate any hydration clause (limiting the amount of weight Alvarez can put on after the weigh-in) of any kind. Do you or your team have any concerns about how much Canelo will rehydrate?

AK – My boxing skills will win this fight. Weight will not win this fight. Canelo may come in about 10 pounds heavier than me but I’m not concern about his weight. My speed and athleticism will be the key the factors to winning this fight. Staying focused throughout the fight.

RTV – Walk us through the game plan.

AK – You haven’t seen the best of Amir Khan yet. I can cause many problems. On May 7 you will see me against Canelo at my best.

RTV – If victorious over Alvarez would you defend your titles against Gennady Golovkin or drop back down in weight?

AK – It all depends what options are available. I wouldn’t drop those titles immediately after such a big victory. I’m not one of those guys that wants to give it away. If I’m taking a fight with Canelo it is because I have the skills, the movement, the speed and the power. Canelo hasn’t seen anything like me. I’m ready for anyone. I’m not afraid to fight anyone.

RTV – What do you say when fight fans say that you’re simply taking this fight for a big payday?

AK – I could have made more against Kell Brook. But I see something in Canelo I can beat and by beating Canelo I can achieve something special. This victory will have the people around the world see greatness in me.

RTV – I saw an interview with Freddie Roach and in this interview your former trainer said that it’s possible that you can pull off the upset. Your thoughts?

AK – Well, with Freddie training Miguel Cotto for the Alvarez fight maybe he saw something in his fight with Alvarez that a younger guy like myself can expose. Freddie spent five years with me so he knows me and he is one of the best trainers in the world. It’s not only him, there are many other fighters and trainers who say I can beat Alvarez.

RTV – Mayweather-Pacquaio and Canelo-Cotto were the biggest fights in 2015. Will Canelo-Khan be the biggest fight of 2016?

AK – My fight with Canelo Alvarez will be the biggest fight of the year, including the biggest upset of the year. And when I beat Canelo people around the world will say “Wow, we never did expect to see such an upset.”

AK – I also want to thank my team, Al Haymon, Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar De La Hoya and HBO.

RTV – Any final words for your fans and the fans of this fight?

AK – It’s going to be an exciting fight. People should tune into this fight. This fight will be talked for years. I will beat Canelo Alvarez, I’ll be making history, I will be ready, he will be a ready. I’m looking forward to the UK and Britain taking over Vegas. That’s how we like to do it. The UK will come in strong and will not fail me and I will not fail them. The upset will happen and thank you to all may fans that will witness the truth come May 7.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

Amir Khan has stated, that his fight with Canelo is getting more attention Tha Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

The boy is a fool. Ridiculous comment.

I take back my support of Khan for this fight. I forgot how annoying he is,so hope Canelo wins.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:59 am

yeh its annoying he has self belief. Mayweather thinks he's the greatest fighter ever. If the fighter's don't believe it, no-one else will.

People need to remember he's not the sharpest tool in the box, he undoubtedly over sells himself and i can see why that winds people up. But hey, if people tune in to see him knocked out i'm sure he's happy enough with that.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

RTV – What do you say when fight fans say that you’re simply taking this fight for a big payday?

AK – I could have made more against Kell Brook. But I see something in Canelo I can beat and by beating Canelo I can achieve something special. This victory will have the people around the world see greatness in me.

So you don't see something in Kell Brook you can beat?

Don't get me wrong, it'll be some achievement if he pulls it off but it reminds me a bit of the time he moved up to fight Kotelnik claiming there were no fights at LW when there were plenty, he just didn't fancy risking his chin against any of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:43 am

AdamT wrote:Amir Khan has stated, that his fight with Canelo is getting more attention Tha Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

The boy is a fool. Ridiculous comment.

I take back my support of Khan for this fight. I forgot how annoying he is,so hope Canelo wins.

I think the kid wants to fight a big fight in Vegas like all the greats of modern yester year....It's a big stage....

It was only going to happen against a Mexican/May or Manny...

I'm afraid with people like Adam....Whatever he does he'll get hammered..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:53 am

It's his mouthing off. If he beats Canelo I will give him massive credit.

Just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean I can't credit them. If he beats Canelo, then I was wrong about his abilities.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:56 am

AdamT wrote:It's his mouthing off. If he beats Canelo I will give him massive credit.

Just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean I can't credit them.

Well give it a try sometime..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:58 am

You're an absolute hypocrite.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next