The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

+24
Scottrf
huw
SugarRayBray
AZZJ44
jimdig
Nico the gman
3fingers
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
titaniumjaw
DuransHorse
Coxy001
kingraf
Atila
Lance
Jermaine2015
AdamT
catchweight
Mr Bounce
Steffan
hazharrison
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 4 Empty Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Easy to say that Canelo is too big.....But he isn't that great at using his strength and size...Not a great pressure fighter.

This fight is logistically no different than any other Khan fight for me....If he avoids getting caught he wins...

Not sure Canelo's work rate and accuracy will be good enough to wear Khan down.....He's better than Rhodes who went 11 ??

Have no doubts that Khan will trouble Canelo with his excellent speed and jab...He also has a ready made blue print to follow...

Khan has to fight the fight of his life but smaller fighters like Conn and Leonard did against Louis and Hagler....Whilst Khan is very talented he isn't in there league BUT Canelo isn't in Hagler or Louis league either...

Khan does have the talent and Canelo's work rate suggests Khan can take a good lead into the middle rounds...

Khan has the ability and he obviously fancies it.....But will he brain fade ??

He loses and he moves back to welter anyway....

Speed and a top jab should never be written off..Sure Golovkin would kill him..But he isn't fighting GGG is he !!

Intriguing fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:00 pm

AdamT wrote:You're an absolute hypocrite.

Please explain..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan... - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan v Canelo - Great matchmaking by team Khan...

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:07 pm

You hammer GGG any chance you get among others. You rarely credit him. He is a great fighter, unlike Khan.

You used to p!ss over Joe Louis (as I did) so don't talk to me about crediting fighters. I give Froch credit, Fury credit,Quigg,Frampton,Ward,Hopkins,Marquez,Pacquiao etc. I won't give credit to some overhyped guy, who I don't like, unless he earns it

Other good fighters like Lewis,De la Hoya,Hopkins etc try to avenge their defeats. Not sack their trainer and run away from their victor.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

AdamT wrote:You hammer GGG any chance you get among others. You rarely credit him. He is a great fighter, unlike Khan.

You used to p!ss over Joe Louis (as I did) so don't talk to me about crediting fighters. I give Froch credit, Fury credit,Quigg,Frampton,Ward,Hopkins,Marquez,Pacquiao etc. I won't give credit to some overhyped guy, who I don't like, unless he earns it

Other good fighters like Lewis,De la Hoya,Hopkins etc try to avenge their defeats. Not sack their trainer and run away from their victor.

Louis is my number 2 heavyweight of alltime.......Just don't think his opposition was that great..

I think GGG is the true middleweight champion and a top three p4per......Just think he should have fought a top fighter by now..five and half years is a long time..

Have to do better than that mate...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

So you never slag off GGG? You always credit him for his victories?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:15 pm

I slag him off... I've slagged off Khan...Brook.....lots of fighters.....

Slagged off Floyd for some of his crap fights.......like Victor Ortiz...

I wrote an article criticising Khan for not fighting Brook.....

You just p**s on all things Khan..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:18 pm

You never slag off Khan. I called him a good fighter. He is a good fighter. I just don't think he is all that and is too lippy for his limited achievements.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:22 pm

Like I said if you scroll down I wrote an article saying it's time Khan put up against Brook as he's running out of excuses..

I'm not a Khan fan......I'm a neutral against Brook...

Not really to bothered if he loses to Canelo...........I think stylistically he has a chance...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:29 pm

I don't think he has a prayer. If I'm wrong,I will write a full article praising Amir. Even if he is competitive I will do the same.

You are entitled to your opinion. I think stylistically he gets smashed.

I will leave poor Amir alone until then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:50 pm

Stylistically Malignaggi's speed and movement was supposed to be a problem for Hatton but Hatton set his stall out in round two and Paulie was hammered from pillar to post. He lacked the pop in his punches to deter Ricky. Does Amir possess enough of a whack to get Canelo's respect? He's got to hit him hard and hit him early and give Canelo pause for thought. RJJ did the same against Ruiz when it looked like Ruiz was going to try and steamroller him in the first round. Tough ask and not impossible but does Khan have the right mentality to see the plan through?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:28 pm

Stylistically he shouldn't have ruddy been knocked around by Garcia/Prescott/Limond/Maidana/Algieri/Peterson/Gomez - but he was. In his most recent fight he got his legs buckled by overhand rights that someone in row 10 who'd had 12 pints of Red Stripe could see coming.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:31 pm

Don't be a hater Coxy. The man has belief in himself and them fights don't count.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:56 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Stylistically he shouldn't have ruddy been knocked around by Garcia/Prescott/Limond/Maidana/Algieri/Peterson/Gomez - but he was. In his most recent fight he got his legs buckled by overhand rights that someone in row 10 who'd had 12 pints of Red Stripe could see coming.
Why not, against Prescott, Limond and Gomez he was as raw as f*ck prone to dropping his hands and staying in range too long. He was a sucker for those shots. He hadn't learned his lessons when he fought Peterson, Garcia, Maidana and went to war when he should have used his boxing and he took Algieri lightly but got away with it. He has the POTENTIAL to beat Canelo but only if he boxes to, and more importantly, sticks to a sound game plan. Sadly, history shows that whilst Khan can look great at times, anyone with a bit of ambition beyond survival can force him to abandon his game plan and cause him big problems. Khan has to fight the fight of his life and I genuinely think he's going to have to drop Canelo to stand a chance. It goes to the cards and Khan won't get the nod unless his man's been on the deck at last once.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:58 pm

I genuinely see a different fight altogether. I don't think Khan can win in any way, shape or form. Canelo will win by brutal knockout within six.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:02 pm

hazharrison wrote:I genuinely see a different fight altogether. I don't think Khan can win in any way, shape or form. Canelo will win by brutal knockout within six.  

Didn't say I thought he would win but he does stand a chance albeit slim with everything having to go right for him on the night. He has too many negatives to overcome in this one though and, given he's struggled with a smaller cruder pressure fighter in Maidana, I don't see him having the firepower to stop/trouble Alvarez even if Khan claims he IS punching harder at the weight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:03 pm

It's a good post Dave. I do agree he took Algieri lightly, but his defence was shocking.

Alveraz is a good boxer and strong as hell. Speed is obviously the key in this fight for Amir.

I just don't think he can hurt Canelo. Canelo will walk him down and stop him. Khan is brave, if nothing else. He will give it his all, that is for sure.

Regardless what I think of him, I do enjoy watching him box.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Stylistically Malignaggi's speed and movement was supposed to be a problem for Hatton but Hatton set his stall out in round two and Paulie was hammered from pillar to post. He lacked the pop in his punches to deter Ricky. Does Amir possess enough of a whack to get Canelo's respect?  He's got to hit him hard and hit him early and give Canelo pause for thought. RJJ did the same against Ruiz when it looked like Ruiz was going to try and steamroller him in the first round.  Tough ask and not impossible but does Khan have the right mentality to see the plan through?

I don't think Spinks or Leonard got Holmes/Hagler's respect with their digs.(Holmes said dealing with Spinks fists was like swatting flies away !!..But they stopped Holmes from setting up)...I'm sure Louis figured he'd walk through Conn...

A great timed jab and good speed can play havoc with an opponent's timing.....I'm not expecting Canelo to be hurt.....I'm expecting him to find Khan's speed and jab awkward to deal with.......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:08 pm

Khan has no defence. Canelo will get to him at some stage, even if Khan wins the first two or 3.

It's Garcia all over again. Only this time Khan will get stopped, the second he is dropped. He will pick up a great pay day and then fight Brook.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

AdamT wrote:Khan has no defence. Canelo will get to him at some stage, even if Khan wins the first two or 3.

It's Garcia all over again. Only this time Khan will get stopped, the second he is dropped. He will pick up a great pay day and then fight Brook.

You keep telling me he's got no chin and now he has no defence...

Yet he's only been stopped once in 8 years !!.

Give it a rest..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:14 pm

He has avoided loads of big punchers in 8 years.

His speed is his defence. Did you watch the Algieri fight?

I'm entitled to say he has no chance, as are you entitled to say he has.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Stylistically Malignaggi's speed and movement was supposed to be a problem for Hatton but Hatton set his stall out in round two and Paulie was hammered from pillar to post. He lacked the pop in his punches to deter Ricky. Does Amir possess enough of a whack to get Canelo's respect?  He's got to hit him hard and hit him early and give Canelo pause for thought. RJJ did the same against Ruiz when it looked like Ruiz was going to try and steamroller him in the first round.  Tough ask and not impossible but does Khan have the right mentality to see the plan through?

I don't think Spinks or Leonard got Holmes/Hagler's respect with their digs.(Holmes said dealing with Spinks fists was like swatting flies away !!..But they stopped Holmes from setting up)...I'm sure Louis figured he'd walk through Conn...

A great timed jab and good speed can play havoc with an opponent's timing.....I'm not expecting Canelo to be hurt.....I'm expecting him to find Khan's speed and jab awkward to deal with.......
The problem will be how the judges view this though. If Canelo gets through occasionally but visibly hurts Khan even slightly they're likely to favour that than any work Khan does to put Alverez off his stride. You and I know the judges will do everything in their power to give him win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4