The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

+8
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Tattie Scones RRN
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
Galted
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 19 Empty It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by Galted Mon 23 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Have I missed it?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 19 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:03 pm

I found my friend under a big pile of books the other day.

I asked if he was OK, and he just looked rueful and stated the he was fine, and he only had his shelf to blame.

Afternoon notches.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 19 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:30 pm

I was abusing his kilt wearing not his homosexuality!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm

fair point supes...

I call b011ocks on this quote though:

"Mr Wilson said he had "never had any grief" in Dundee before."

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:53 pm

That's an outright lie.  Anyone openly using any form of modern technology or media in Dundee is on a one-way trip to being hanged from a lamp-post.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm

I once wandered in there in a "horseless carriage" and got chased back out.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:54 am

Sturgeon or May?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:55 am

If you had to

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger

"Monkey hanger" is a term by which Hartlepudlians are often known.[1]

According to local folklore, the term originates from an incident in which a monkey was hanged in Hartlepool, England. During the Napoleonic Wars, a French ship of the type chasse marée was wrecked off the coast of Hartlepool. The only survivor was a monkey, allegedly wearing a French uniform to provide amusement for the crew. On finding the monkey, some locals decided to hold an impromptu trial on the beach; since the monkey was unable to answer their questions and because they had seen neither a monkey nor a Frenchman before, they concluded that the monkey was in fact a French spy.[2] Being found guilty the animal was duly sentenced to death and hanged on the beach.

The residents of Hartlepool often get confused by monkeys, even today. Every incident described in Karl Pilkington's "Monkey news" took place in Hartlepool. This is not a co-incidence. Following mass-panic in the 1970s, PG Tips are forbidden from airing their adverts in Hartlepool.[1] In Hartlepool, the term "Cheeky monkey" is highly offensive and can be punished with an on-the-spot fine if spoken within earshot of a policeman. The Black Eyed Peas album 'Monkey Business' was banned on all local radio stations. The Disney movie Dunston Checks In, while being considered suitable for all ages elsewhere in the world, has an 18's rating in Hartlepool.[1]

An alternative theory is that it was a young boy who was hanged (the term "powder-monkey" was commonly used for children employed on warships to prime the cannon with gunpowder).[3]

The earliest mention of the hanging is from the popular song, written and performed by 19th century comic performer, Ned Corvan, "The Monkey Song". Given that "only after Corvan's appearances in Hartlepool is there strong evidence for the development of the Monkey story", the song seems the most plausible origin for the myth.[4]

An earlier and remarkably similar monkey-hanging legend with a similar associated song refers to the inhabitants of Boddam, Aberdeenshire.[5] With similar lyrics and scansion ("And the Boddamers hung the Monkey, O") it is plausible that Ned Corvan heard and adapted the song while travelling the Scottish Lowlands with Blind Willie Purvis.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:If you had to

Sturgeon narrowly as her c*nt is 14 years less stale but either would involve a serious amount of w*nking.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:46 am

I know which one Tino would go for if he were still alive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:55 am

Me - Sturgeon
Michael's - either
Tino- May
Julius - May, as he's not a P*do
Shah - both
Jeff - this is beneath him
Superfly - Sturgeon
Dagless - unknown
Tattie - too early to tell

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:20 am

Rick would go for May because he is a hipster and she's closer to getting hers replaced. Even for me it would have to be paperbagging both of them.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

I figured you'd burka them both and send them to the back of the queue. Maybe use them for menial tasks like grocery shopping and governing countries.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:31 am

Galted wrote:Me - Sturgeon
Michael's - either
Tino- May
Julius - May, as he's not a P*do
Shah - both
Jeff - this is beneath him
Superfly - Sturgeon
Dagless - unknown
Tattie - too early to tell

I would just sit there and watch you all.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Excellent film review, Tattie. You've set a very intimidating bar.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:11 am

Morning notches... All well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:21 am

Morning Notches not bad, Day started with a bang - got a list of overseas management level employees coming over in May to our London office one of which is an oriental girl by the name of Runnarong. Pray for me that I don't burst out laughing over the phone when she calls to check in.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:48 am

Pray she is a HAC mate, then you will be fine...

Are you still moving on from your current role?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 03 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

Possibly, maybe even likely - will wait till the 20th and drop another hint about my hours before that. If theres no movement towards my desired hours then probably

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:00 am

Just get it done if you don't get what you want, no pre-excuses.

It is a lovely morning here today, a nice crisp spring morn.

Finally moved into the new place, though no internet, so feels like I am in the stone age,

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:38 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39459831

A man after my own heart

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Apr 2017, 8:48 am

I actually saw this on BBC news this morning, and genuinely thought of you, or, more specifically, your anonymous online moniker.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

Sh*t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm

Don't worry Galted. May is thread split month.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:38 pm

Cheers, Julius. That should give me enough time to think up an excellent pun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:12 pm

Galted wrote:Cheers, Julius. That should give me enough time to think up an excellent pun.

Split hogger.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:12 pm

Anyway, I doubt a month will be long enough for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:29 pm

Watch yourself, Julius. Push me too far and I'll come over there and key one of your Bentleys.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:31 pm

Galted wrote:Watch yourself, Julius. Push me too far and I'll come over there and key one of your Bentleys.

My mates car got keyed the other day - Right from the boot to the bonnet, He was f*cking pissed. Julius will probably f*ck you, galtova and the cat in one night in revenge.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:03 am

Gutentag Poontangs

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:18 am

Whaddup notches, apologies for my absence yesterday, I had to attend an offsite meeting.

What did I miss?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:33 am

And so you fecking should be. You missed the square root of the area of michaels Winkle, according to his headteacher. So not much, but still it's the principle of the thing. Two full days at work today and tomorrow so lets work towards that thread split. How did your meeting go in any case? and fare thee well?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

Meeting went fine mate, and I am all good in the hood, have friends over this weekend so that should be a good laugh.

Hopefully a quieter day today.

You?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 8:45 am

Not bad, Stuck at work but otherwise good. Got a joke?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 8:52 am

I was really busy yesterday, and someone came to my desk and asked: " do you know the difference between ignorance and apathy?"

I just looked up and said: "don't know, don't care"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:38 am

rick_dagless wrote:I was really busy yesterday, and someone came to my desk and asked: " do you know the difference between ignorance and apathy?"

I just looked up and said: "don't know, don't care"

Smile

Where do animals go when their tails fall off?

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:43 am

Did you hear about the magic tractor?

It turned into a field.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:46 am

Proper start to the day guys, this is how a thread split happens.

Morning Tattie

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:54 am

I know a couple of steak puns, which to be honest is a rare medium well done.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:00 am

What do the mafia and fannies have in common?

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:24 am

With all the Brexit stuff it may be worth living in Europe, I mean living in Switzerland has its advantages, the flag alone is a big plus.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:24 am

With all the arguments about Europe going on I had to delete every German I know from my phone.

It is now Hans free.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:32 am

I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction.

Morning Rick. How goes it?

Black pudding, bacon, egg & hash brown in a torpedo roll.

9/10

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:34 am

Whats the difference between a pickpocket and a peeping tom?

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

How do you circumcise a hillbilly?

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:42 am

Not bad Tattie, not bad.

How do you make a Ouija board? Take away his Buckfast and Blow.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:44 am

Policeman walks up to a guy in Glasgow after he spots him having intercourse with a welly.

"What on earth are you doing?"
" Nothing officer.....just f**kin aboot"

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:45 am

A blowfly walks into a bar and asks, "Is that stool taken?"

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:52 am

How much does a Hipster weigh?

An Instagram.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:11 am

Why can't Pinocchio play tennis?

He's got no strings.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next