The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke fights here we come!!

+51
Sidestep
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Collapse2005
ShockmasterV2
Pedro147
paperbag_puncher
eirebilly
Derbymanc
catchweight
3fingers
Cyril
DuransHorse
Eyetoldyouso
EX7EY
wheelchair1991
erictheblueuk
compelling and rich
Seanusarrilius
beshocked
LionsV2
smashingstormcrow
GunsGermsV2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
rodders
JabMachineMK2
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
Mochyn du
Mr Bounce
Rodney
CallMeBenji
Kingshu
hazharrison
huw
owen10ozzy
melv500
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
Atila
mobilemaster8
Scottrf
milkyboy
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
Dylan1979
TheSquaredCircle
55 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 11 Empty Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I think Conor is class, but his fans are irrational knuckle draggers.

Lol, you basically just called yourself a knuckle dragger by admitting you are a McGregor fan.

Not really, my posts show I have some understanding of combat sports. McGregor fans (nut jobs that only follow him) think he can beat the best boxer of the last 15-20 years!!

Ha, even if you do say so yourself?

The funniest thing about it was you set out to insult McGregor fans (odd enough in itself) and you ended up making yourself look foolish.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

EX7EY wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:EX7EY you like a few of the other boxing fans come across quite frustrated. Your argument/s for Floyd winning seems to revolve around or descend into insulting McGregor's fans like they are some sort of definable entity. That is fairly illogical to me.

Maybe this is because there isn't much evidence out there to actually assess how well or badly McGregor will do. Personally though I do think McGregor will surprise a lot of people mainly down to his bullet proof self belief and the fact that he has been fighting and boxing all his life. McGregor KO round 3.

"You'll do nuttin" Very Happy

NO! Insulting Conors fans is just because after months and months of reading nonsense I've had enough of it now.

And your line about Conor winning because he has 'bullet proof self belief and he's been fighting and boxing all his life' is just absolutely nonsensical. You don't think Manny Pacquiao and the rest before him have been BOXING all their lives and have immense self belief?

You're bonkers mate.

Do you need a hug?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I think Conor is class, but his fans are irrational knuckle draggers.

Lol, you basically just called yourself a knuckle dragger by admitting you are a McGregor fan.

Not really, my posts show I have some understanding of combat sports. McGregor fans (nut jobs that only follow him) think he can beat the best boxer of the last 15-20 years!!

You say you know what you are talking about despite some of your posts showing you don't Laugh

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

I'm foolish? Ok mate. You think he is going to beat Floyd, or even compete! I know you're fishing, or at least I hope you are.

If not??Well you need help!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm

marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

You say you know what you are talking about despite some of your posts showing you don't Laugh

What have I said that shows I know nothing? You don't even know what happened in the Diaz fight! I said he gave his back, which he basically did!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm

AdamT wrote:I'm foolish? Ok mate. You think he is going to beat Floyd, or even compete! I know you're fishing, or at least I hope you are.

If not??Well you need help!

I think you are taking it all a bit too seriously and maybe personally too for some reason. Its only a fight. I do think McGregor will win, yes it takes a bit of creative thinking but so what that's part of what makes it interesting.

Want to hear some Sun Tzu quotes?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm

AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

What have I said that shows I know nothing? You don't even know what happened in the Diaz fight! I said he gave his back, which he basically did!!

You said he did it voluntarily, which is pretty much takes the ranking of stupidest thing said on here

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm

Floyd's record is very impressive but I think given the nature of the beast you are less likely to go unbeaten in MMA than in boxing. If you are going to lose then losing to someone like Diaz two weight classes above where you usually fight isn't that bad particularly when you knocked down your opponent in the same fight a couple of times. As John Kavanagh says, "win or learn".

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:46 pm

marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

You said he did it voluntarily, which is pretty much takes the ranking of stupidest thing said on here

It was voluntarily. The take down was him giving up. When did you ever see him try a take down? He didn't put up a fight on the ground. He gave his back the minute Diaz punched his nose.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:51 pm

He did a few take downs in one of his earlier fights against Max Holloway the current featherweight champion.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

It was voluntarily. The take down was him giving up. When did you ever see him try a take down? He didn't put up a fight on the ground. He gave his back the minute Diaz punched his nose.

Have you ever been in the ring?

When you are fooked you do stupid Poopie just to grab 30 secs of air, he had already tried to grab hold of Diaz and got overpowered so going to ground is the next logical step when you are gasping for air

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:14 pm

Yes I have done kickboxing.

Stop saying fooked. It looks idiotic!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

So he's got crappy conditioning then, even more of a hint that Floyds gonna mess with him like a cat does a mouse that's got no legs

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

The MMA fans saying that the boxing fans can't give a legitimate reason why Mayweather wins this when the boxing fans have repeatedly stated the reason is because they are going to box.

I'm convinced the MMA fans are plants from the promotion as I had no interest in the fight but now want to watch it just so I can yell 'see, that's what we all said would happen' for every round that Mayweather counter punches the non boxer's ears off.

So, just in case the MMA fans want more of a reason I will break the fight down.

McGregor will win the build up and possibly the stare down. The fight will start and McGregor will try to rush across the ring. Mayweather will back up and slip pretty much every shot Mc (for short) throws. May (again for short) will probably not be overly involved for the forst minute or two of the first round but will start to catch him with counters towards the end of the round.

Round 2 - Mc will again fly at May and his wild missing will stop by around the end of the first minute when May starts countering more frequently. Towards the end of the round May will be connecting regularly to the body and head.

Rounds 3-5 Mc will start losing heart as he starts to understand how out of his depth he is and May hits him regularly.

Rounds 6 onwards, Mc will start to look more wild as he hopes a big shot will bail him out from the beating he is taking until he either quits or May gets a TKO through unanswered punches.

It could possibly go to points as May doesn't have he heaviest hands but if it does Mc wins only the first round through being the busier fighter.

McGregor will not win this fight and will go back to UFC a very rich man. He probably won't do himself too much injustice as most good boxers would struggle to win more than a round against Mayweather. He is too good at not getting hit by trained boxers who have thrown everything at him in the past to lose to an untrained boxer throwing everything at him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

AdamT wrote:Yes I have done kickboxing.

Stop saying fooked. It looks idiotic!

Can't be fooked with how it looks thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:43 pm

huw wrote:The MMA fans saying that the boxing fans can't give a legitimate reason why Mayweather wins this when the boxing fans have repeatedly stated the reason is because they are going to box.

If you had actually followed plenty of arguments have been put forward

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:50 pm

marty2086 wrote:
huw wrote:The MMA fans saying that the boxing fans can't give a legitimate reason why Mayweather wins this when the boxing fans have repeatedly stated the reason is because they are going to box.

Which arguments, other than the fact it is boxing need to be made?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:52 pm

huw wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Is it? Really? When did that happen?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:58 pm

so Marty what are the reasons on how/why you think McG could win against the best boxer on the planet

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

Derbymanc wrote:so Marty what are the reasons on how/why you think McG could win against the best boxer on the planet

He's not fighting GGG though so that's a pointless question

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 08 Aug 2017, 5:02 pm

marty2086 wrote:
huw wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Is it? Really? When did that happen?

This is probably the type of post that leads to the MMA fans feeling like they are being insulted on here. What kind of response can anyone be bothered to construct when they are talking to complete numpties.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

Now that's another debate all together (I'd put Ward ahead of GGG btw)

but i like how you dodged the question.

How do you think McG will fare against Mayweather and if you think he will win, how do you think he's going to do it based on what we know now.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

I think its more about what we don't know, how does McGregor transfer his power to a new stance and style, what kind of shape did Mayweather go into camp in, did he maintain weight during his retirement, did he bulk up thinking he was done, did he snort coke of a strippers a$$ every night for 6 months, who knows but McGregor has to knock him out early to win and I think in the early rounds while Mayweather has to take some time to figure him out that's his opening.

What seems to get overlooked is that to a large extent, Mayweather is going in blind as to how McGregor will fight. Im sure he'll have foundations to work off but if he goes in unorthodox and forcing Mayweather to adapt and adjust then it creates uncertainty.

Im just intrigued to see how he adapts to the ring and what level he comes in at, I do believe it'll be more competitive than some believe

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 7:09 pm

Creates uncertainty in the mind of Floyd Mayweather, that's a good joke Marty.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Aug 2017, 8:15 pm

Floyd is a gym rat (you would know this Marty, if you followed boxing) and stays at around fight week.

Floyd knew fight 50 was around the corner. He was just looking for an easy opponent to make nine figures off.

I appreciate a good troll (gunsgermsv2), but you seem to believe Conor has a chance.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 09 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

That's fair enough Marty, I don't think Floyd will have any issues at all unless he's got really old (and i mean 120 year old reflex's old) in his little break.

Easy money for the pair of them and i'm sure behind closed doors they're both laughing at it all

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Aug 2017, 9:29 am

In my view the only chance is if he copies the maidana model against an older slower version of Floyd. He chases him round the ring, he plays on the edge of the rules in terms of pushing elbowing grappling, he doesn't give him a minutes rest and tries to hustle and tire mayweather out by turning it into a phone booth war of attrition. It sounds a lot easier than it is, when you're getting pinged and countered.

Floyd might well get nervous at the potential embarrassment of losing to a novice but the idea that Floyd will be worried by the unknown is fanciful in my eyes. I don't think roger federer would brick it facing the world squash champion in the first round of Wimbledon. If there was an unorthodox way of playing tennis that could beat him others might have tried it by now. If there was a new secret weapon boxing style, technique, it's pretty interesting to think mcgregor is the man to have found it at the first attempt. 

He'll bring nothing mayweather hasn't  seen before he has no chance to outbox him,  he's not going to land the big lucky shot if he tries to box him... he has to make it ugly and hope mayweather is old and shot.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:08 am

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Margarito and Thurman

So that's two welterweights we know for sure Floyd ducked

you're consistent with your myopic wumming hermy i'll give you that. Third party posts opinion/story that supports one of hermy's pet theories about a fighter he loves/hates and it becomes a proven fact.  Very Happy

IF it is true, it would only prove that haymon was nurturing his cash cow, not that mayweather was ducking.

Hauser loves a dig at mayweather. Now... the IV drip story for a fighter who doesn't need to rehydrate - that's a serioius question mark. But this constant Floyd the ducker stuff is bolox. He's a control freak, business centred, everything on his terms... the manny fight should have happened way earlier, sure there's things to pick on, but for every fighter there are guys he 'should have fought'. How many of the murder's row did robinson fight? People claim leonard ducked pryor, hearns rematch, hagler rematch etc.

Notwithstanding the fact that Mayweather doesn't cut weight for fights, is not a natural welter by todays standards and has given significant weight away on fight night in the vast majority of his fights at welter and above. If he was a fighter you liked Hermy you'd be creaming yourself over his david v goliath performances!

Who is Robinson supposed to have swerved? Timeline wasn't there for a Burley fight. Who else?

Floyd flat out bowed out of the welterweight division when it was in a really strong state: Mosley, Cotto, Margs and Williams and Hauser's anecdote suggests he truly didn't want anything to do with Margarito - who looked a monster at that point (same deal with Manny c2010/11).

I give a fighter way more leeway if they've already spilled their guts fighting wars (ala Ali and Foreman 2).

I've never accused Robinson of swerving anyone haz, in fact I've defended him when people have... there was a thread in this on here a few years back. Burley is infact the one of the murder's row that you could potentially throw at robinson because the timeline sort of fitted and burley's team wanted the fight. Burley said robinsons camp admitted they avoided him - though burley himself said, the money wasn't really in it, and had the situation been reversed he'd have likely done the same. Yes risk reward was alive and kicking back in the 40's.

Robinsons team didn't want to risk his contender slot before he was champion, when Burley was at around welter.  Burley was campaigning at a higher weight when Robinson became welter champ so wasn't ranked, but he offered to fight at anything from welter to middle. I'm chucking this out from my aging memory So may have some  of the facts out but burley Robinson was a fight that could have happened. The others were a stretch.

None of which really matters, the point was there's mud you can find for all of them if you dig hard enough. I've accused Floyd of being selective with the timing of opponents, I'm not the guys biggest fan, so If you want to believe Floyd 'retired' to avoid the fighters you mentioned and only came back when they'd got old... well that's your choice, it's all opinion. Flip to that is Margarito was certainly being talked up at that time... but then Mosley smashed him, Floyd beat Mosley when he came back.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:21 am

Turpin's manager Jack Solomon showed a copy to Ring magazine of a contract Robinson reneged on for Turpin 3...

Source...Ring magazine August 1952..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:34 am

McGregor can't copy Maidana. At least not for 12 full rounds. He hasn't the gas tank. I would also bet Marcos hits much harder too!

Floyd would have really needed to have lost loads for Conor to have a sniff.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

AdamT wrote:Floyd is a gym rat (you would know this Marty, if you followed boxing) and stays at around fight week.

Floyd knew fight 50 was around the corner. He was just looking for an easy opponent to make nine figures off.

I appreciate a good troll (gunsgermsv2), but you seem to believe Conor has a chance.

A good troll? Adam, your base all your arguments around insulting posters that don't agree with you. Maybe you are the troll?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

Oh I definitely troll at times.

So you are not a troll. You are basically clueless then?? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

AdamT wrote:McGregor can't copy Maidana. At least not for 12 full rounds. He hasn't the gas tank. I would also bet Marcos hits much harder too!

Not arguing...my point was if you're looking for a method to cling your hopes on to, that's it. This 'he'll be unorthodox' is extreme straw clutching.

I'm an unbeaten streetfighter ( I'm 1-0 and it was against an arsey drunk midget). But I talk a good game and I'd be pretty unorthodox if I fought mcgregor in a UFC fight, not sure that would help me!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

Fair play to only having one street fight Milky. Means you're not a c**t in real life

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:01 am

milkyboy wrote:
AdamT wrote:McGregor can't copy Maidana. At least not for 12 full rounds. He hasn't the gas tank. I would also bet Marcos hits much harder too!

I'm an unbeaten streetfighter ( I'm 1-0 and it was against an arsey drunk midget). But I talk a good game and I'd be pretty unorthodox if I fought mcgregor in a UFC fight, not sure that would help me!

That would make Adam 0-1 then. laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

It's actually 1-1 if you count my Mother in law!

Last edited by AdamT on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:37 am

AdamT wrote:Fair play to only having one street fight Milky. Means you're not a c**t in real life

No, it means I'm a Cnut and a coward

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm

Whistle

Floyd Mayweather wrote:He's a lot younger. When you look at myself and Conor McGregor on paper, he's taller, has a longer reach, he's a bigger man from top to bottom. He's a lot younger, so youth is on his side," Mayweather said of McGregor, who is 29. "And I've been off a couple of years. And I'm in my 40s. So, if you look at everything on paper, it leans toward Conor McGregor

I'm not the same fighter I was two years ago. I'm not the same fighter I was five years ago. I lost a step. A fighter like Andre Berto isn't even supposed to go the distance with Floyd Mayweather, but remember, I was 38. It's obvious I'm slipping a little bit to even let a fighter like that go the distance with me.

I'm not what I used to be.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:43 pm

marty2086 wrote: Whistle

Floyd Mayweather wrote:He's a lot younger. When you look at myself and Conor McGregor on paper, he's taller, has a longer reach, he's a bigger man from top to bottom. He's a lot younger, so youth is on his side," Mayweather said of McGregor, who is 29. "And I've been off a couple of years. And I'm in my 40s. So, if you look at everything on paper, it leans toward Conor McGregor

I'm not the same fighter I was two years ago. I'm not the same fighter I was five years ago. I lost a step. A fighter like Andre Berto isn't even supposed to go the distance with Floyd Mayweather, but remember, I was 38. It's obvious I'm slipping a little bit to even let a fighter like that go the distance with me.

I'm not what I used to be.

Floyd Mayweather in trying to sell a fight shocker by saying he's slipping, only a fool would take any notice.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:44 pm

thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:50 pm

While that's all correct, I'm younger, bigger and with a longer reach than Mayweather.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:51 pm

You seen him the showers then Scott?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:57 pm

milkyboy wrote:You seen him the showers then Scott?

Probably wouldn't have made that statement if I had.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:11 pm

Some of the under card has been announced

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/08/11/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-undercard-announced/

Id say McGregor would hammer all of the bums on the undercard too ala Midnight Sting.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:14 pm

McGregor is getting pasted lol!

I was watching Floyd's training videos. The two year lay off has done wonders for his hands. He is fighting a useless boxer, so I expect an easy stoppage. Around 4-5 rounds max.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:17 pm

Floyd to be KOd by round 4. Mystic Mac predicts these tings.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:17 pm

Not the worst undercard in the world as it happens; Dulorme against Porter will be a decent fight.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:31 pm

followed by the worst main event in the world as Floyd plays about for a few rounds before splatting Mcgregor and the groans of a million MMA fans will be heard across the world

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

By the 26th August Conor McGregor will be running boxing. All hail King Con

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:48 pm

you missed out the from there GG

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next