The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
ralphjohn69
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TM2K
Shotrock
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Davie
pedro
dynamark
westisbest
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
navyblueshorts
McLaren
super_realist
Soul Requiem
beninho
22 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:52 pm

McLaren wrote:INW

So let me get this right.

In order to stop one type of bet leading to corruption in another, a sports governing body should regulate player behavior to stop any chance of corruption happening. (Fixed it for you)

Would a simpler method not be to just remove the betting market you are worried about?
Agreed, but it wouldn't be simpler because the way our country works (free market?). The sports organisation couldn't remove that market without a long, drawn out legal process that they probably would lose, so it is easier to remove one end of the process. You are removing a restriction on one organisation and putting it on another. Is that fair? - in business terms, obviously.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:37 pm

At least two major firms are removing the markets, which is good. Though bookies definitely use inside information when marking it up.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:49 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:
McLaren wrote:INW

So let me get this right.

In order to stop one type of bet leading to corruption in another, a sports governing body should regulate player behavior to stop any chance of corruption happening. (Fixed it for you)

Would a simpler method not be to just remove the betting market you are worried about?
Agreed, but it wouldn't be simpler because the way our country works (free market?). The sports organisation couldn't remove that market without a long, drawn out legal process that they probably would lose, so it is easier to remove one end of the process. You are removing a restriction on one organisation and putting it on another. Is that fair? - in business terms, obviously.
Give up, INW. He doesn't/won't understand. As another complication, remove official markets and he presumably thinks that'll stop people betting on this sort of thing and stop potential corruption. Not a clue.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:36 pm

Like watching a real life coup taking place live on tv.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:48 pm

beninho wrote:Like watching a real life coup taking place live on tv.

I think one we can agree on is that Trump and his disciples are a vile example of humanity.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:

I think one we can agree on is that Trump and his disciples are a vile example of humanity.
His enablers, yes, many of the general public duped by this PoS, not so sure. Trump himself should now absolutely be prosecuted, if at all possible, once Biden's administration takes over.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:42 am

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 9a7f0910

Meanwhile.... this is what bothered Guardian readers today.

Last edited by pedro on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:53 am

Far from a coup. Look at them. More like tin foil hat looneys going bananas. Not much different from old school hooligans after a poor game, with DT being the guy with the megaphone.
I think this must be it for DT. Even he must now realise he should stfu.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:46 am

Still people spreading stuff about antifa being behind the riots. America really has been ruined by trump and his gang. And the uk politicians who fawned over him are just as bad.

What a video. https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1347091601894633472?s=19

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
McLaren wrote:Soul

I think you just deleted the post I was going to respond to.

But in it you claimed just stated he didn't like right wing govrnments.

Really?

Did you miss where he set out his reasoning and provided some data to back up where he was coming from?

Provided some data that contradicts itself. Some right wing governments have done well others not, some left wing governments have done well others not. Forcing data to fit an argument isn't reasoning, it is as I stated previously confirmation bias.

The data came from www.worldometers.info/coronavirus which each nations up to date data gets uploaded at least daily. if you think it’s contradictory point me at a more reliable source.

You also don’t appear to have finished reading the post because in the last paragraph....

JAS wrote:
As an aside I'm well aware that Germany and Japan current have mildly centre right govts (from what I can gather SK is broadly centrist). So it's not a left/right thing that ultimately decides Covid performance

In a global pandemic with wildly moving parameters there are going to be contradictions. That’s not confirmation bias, it’s trying to call it as seen. I could equally claim confirmation bias on your view and anyone else’s who thinks our govt is running this crisis well. Away from the raw numbers, what about education? Do you think Gavin “Frank Spencer” Williamson is doing a good job?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:48 am

Trying to call it as seen? No one on here is doing that, throughout the site you can assume someones position based on political bias and I include myself in that, I however will admit to that instead of trying to make out my opinion is balanced. You blame the government I however choose to blame people.

I'll give a personal example. My partner and I had long planned to spend Christmas with our respective families (hers are not to my taste), on the 23rd December her sister and brother in law both had Covid tests (positive tests received on boxing day) but they collectively decided to follow through with their plans which included an 80 year old and her mother who has various health issues. We can all probably agree that doing such a thing is lunacy and no government can be held responsible for such actions which have been repeated through the country throughout the pandemic. This was in spite of my own personal Christmas being cancelled when on 20th December my brother in law was told to self isolate as numerous work colleagues had tested positive, in light of the announcement on the 19th we were already in discussion as to what to do and this confirmed what we had pencilled in to do anyway. My last day of work was the 21st after which I had a Covid test (no symptom tests are available in my area) and isolated after to ensure I could spend the day with my parents, I had told my partner that she would not be staying in our house until a ten day isolation at her parents.

That is a microcosm of the problems the country is facing at the moment, no amount of government intervention is going to change such idiocy.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am

beninho wrote:Still people spreading stuff about antifa being behind the riots. America really has been ruined by trump and his gang. And the uk politicians who fawned over him are just as bad.

What a video. https://twitter.com/MrKRudd/status/1347091601894633472?s=19

Make no mistake, this is what happens when right wing fascists are given the oxygen of incitement.

We can look on and be smug like “It would never happen here” Oh really!! Now at the risk of being condemned for whataboutery just think about this for a minute.... Had Corbyn won a majority just over a year ago and had a further Brexit “are you really sure you want to do this” referendum taken place which delivered a narrow and disputed “let’s just stay” result. Does anyone really think Farage and his fellow band of loonies would just go “oh ok then” No they they’d have incited riots just like Trump has done.

Having said that, there’s a LOT more to be done to understand properly and then how to disperse the anger that has built up that Trump was able to tap into.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:10 am

The woman shot dead was an air force veteran. Imagine being used to protecting against people in other countries then dieing storming your own capitol building trying to overturn an election. Madness and brainwashed. Is trump and his gang like isis etc?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:14 am

Soul Requiem wrote:Trying to call it as seen? No one on here is doing that, throughout the site you can assume someones position based on political bias and I include myself in that, I however will admit to that instead of trying to make out my opinion is balanced. You blame the government I however choose to blame people.

I'll give a personal example. My partner and I had long planned to spend Christmas with our respective families (hers are not to my taste), on the 23rd December her sister and brother in law both had Covid tests (positive tests received on boxing day) but they collectively decided to follow through with their plans which included an 80 year old and her mother who has various health issues. We can all probably agree that doing such a thing is lunacy and no government can be held responsible for such actions which have been repeated through the country throughout the pandemic. This was in spite of my own personal Christmas being cancelled when on 20th December my brother in law was told to self isolate as numerous work colleagues had tested positive, in light of the announcement on the 19th we were already in discussion as to what to do and this confirmed what we had pencilled in to do anyway. My last day of work was the 21st after which I had a Covid test (no symptom tests are available in my area) and isolated after to ensure I could spend the day with my parents, I had told my partner that she would not be staying in our house until a ten day isolation at her parents.

That is a microcosm of the problems the country is facing at the moment, no amount of government intervention is going to change such idiocy.

Soul I don’t disagree with blaming people who don’t comply. It was difficult for so many people, I’m left barely on speaking terms with my eldest daughter (who lives in Paris and wanted to come over for Xmas). We said we’d rather she didn’t and she took the hump, big time. It would have been so much easier to cave in but we stuck with it.

I would however go back to my original assertion that yes people HAVE to take personal responsibility but when they do they also look to government to provide leadership, leadership that also helps ALL to understand the need to take personal responsibility for the benefit of society as a whole. That is where I do believe this government is a complete and utter vacuum, not because they’re Tory, just because they’re poor politicians, do I think an alternative would be better? I really don’t know, blindly saying Starmer would be better WOULD be confirmation bias.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 am

JAS wrote:

Soul I don’t disagree with blaming people who don’t comply. It was difficult for so many people, I’m left barely on speaking terms with my eldest daughter (who lives in Paris and wanted to come over for Xmas). We said we’d rather she didn’t and she took the hump, big time. It would have been so much easier to cave in but we stuck with it.

I would however go back to my original assertion that yes people HAVE to take personal responsibility but when they do they also look to government to provide leadership, leadership that also helps ALL to understand the need to  take personal responsibility  for the benefit of society as a whole. That is where I do believe this government is a complete and utter vacuum, not because they’re Tory, just because they’re poor politicians, do I think an alternative would be better? I really don’t know, blindly saying Starmer would be better WOULD be confirmation bias.

I like you couldn't see my daughter and haven't seen her a huge amount this past year which has been difficult but necessary. My parents found it particularly hard not being able to see the grandchildren over Christmas, my nieces have always spent the day round there but needs must.

Politics is so partisan in this country that leadership is in the eye of the beholder and people are more likely to ignore the advice of a government they dislike so in this case Labour voters, it wouldn't have been any different were it Corbyn in fairness so i'm not meaning to single them out. The response has been far from perfect I will admit that, education as you rightly point out has been a debacle but on the other hand I genuinely believe that Sunak has done as well as possible in the circumstances. The earnings divide has been an issue with regards to work, I have the benefit of largely being able to work from home so have done and am in a healthy financial position where I don't need to put myself at further risk.

Retail seems to have become quite laissez faire with their measures, limiting numbers entering shops appears to be non existent.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:18 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I would however go back to my original assertion that yes people HAVE to take personal responsibility but when they do they also look to government to provide leadership, leadership that also helps ALL to understand the need to  take personal responsibility  for the benefit of society as a whole. That is where I do believe this government is a complete and utter vacuum, not because they’re Tory, just because they’re poor politicians, do I think an alternative would be better? I really don’t know, blindly saying Starmer would be better WOULD be confirmation bias.

I like you couldn't see my daughter and haven't seen her a huge amount this past year which has been difficult but necessary. My parents found it particularly hard not being able to see the grandchildren over Christmas, my nieces have always spent the day round there but needs must.

Politics is so partisan in this country that leadership is in the eye of the beholder and people are more likely to ignore the advice of a government they dislike so in this case Labour voters, it wouldn't have been any different were it Corbyn in fairness so i'm not meaning to single them out. The response has been far from perfect I will admit that, education as you rightly point out has been a debacle but on the other hand I genuinely believe that Sunak has done as well as possible in the circumstances. The earnings divide has been an issue with regards to work, I have the benefit of largely being able to work from home so have done and am in a healthy financial position where I don't need to put myself at further risk.

Retail seems to have become quite laissez faire with their measures, limiting numbers entering shops appears to be non existent.

Oh I’m very well aware of how much of a debacle education has been as my partner is a school head, a conscientious and positive one at that (for those that didn’t see breakfast TV on Monday morning, she was interviewed as were a couple of her governors, all very positive that we’re in a much lower infection area than other places, all risk assessments carried out, school as safe as we can possibly make it blah blah blah only for Boris to pull the plug on all of that 12 hours later after insisting all was ok with schools less than 24 hours earlier). She’s a fairly staunch Tory but she’s really not far from the end of her tether at the moment, 12-14 hour days, desperately trying to steer the right path for the school with unions, local authority, govt all saying different things and parents, teachers and other staff all with a myriad of different issues. I really really don’t envy her job. Yes it pays decent but she could get double the money and half the stress for having a similar responsibility level somewhere in industry. We obviously have our “debates” and she’s now rather sheepishly admitting that the way the Tories are running state education is utterly shambolic and something needs to change.

Interestingly during the first lockdown last March/April the kids of essential workers attending her school on any given day averaged about 10. Yesterday, the first day of the school being open only to the children of essential workers the pupil count was 69. That’s over 20% of pupils. In conversation with other heads in the local cluster some schools have over 50% of pupils in. So to anyone who says “This lockdown is just like March and will allow us to quickly get the virus under control” It isn’t and it won’t. It’s a VERY long time to spring/summer

Last edited by JAS on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 pm

beninho wrote:The woman shot dead was an air force veteran. Imagine being used to protecting against people in other countries then dieing storming your own capitol building trying to overturn an election. Madness and brainwashed. Is trump and his gang like isis etc?

The videos of those that attempted a coup just strolling out of the capitol building and off to freedom was insane. Why are these people not being arrested? Can you imagine if they had been arab looking? They would have been gunned down on the spot. I guess Americans are ok with white terrorists.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:My partner and I had long planned to spend Christmas with our respective families (hers are not to my taste), on the 23rd December her sister and brother in law both had Covid tests (positive tests received on boxing day) but they collectively decided to follow through with their plans which included an 80 year old and her mother who has various health issues.

That is madness. Grounds for divorce?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

At this point you have wonder if Super got the Covid? He has never been silent on the site for this long before.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:41 pm

McLaren wrote:At this point you have wonder if Super got the Covid? He has never been silent on the site for this long before.

What can I say, I've tried my best with provocative anti-govt (some would say lefty) posts which he would normally jibe back at....but he just hasn't taken the bait.

Hope he's OK, it's healthy to have someone to profoundly disagree with...Soul you might need to step up to the plate!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:46 pm

McLaren wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:My partner and I had long planned to spend Christmas with our respective families (hers are not to my taste), on the 23rd December her sister and brother in law both had Covid tests (positive tests received on boxing day) but they collectively decided to follow through with their plans which included an 80 year old and her mother who has various health issues.

That is madness. Grounds for divorce?

I might give her the elbow.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:At this point you have wonder if Super got the Covid? He has never been silent on the site for this long before.

What can I say, I've tried my best with provocative anti-govt (some would say lefty) posts which he would normally jibe back at....but he just hasn't taken the bait.  

Hope he's OK, it's healthy to have someone to profoundly disagree with...Soul you might need to step up to the plate!!

Just had a look and there has been no sign of Super since just before Christmas when he got terribly confused about lottery probabilities. I wonder if that was the beginning of covid delirium?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:07 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:

Just had a look and there has been no sign of Super since just before Christmas when he got terribly confused about lottery probabilities. I wonder if that was the beginning of covid delirium?

Interesting when you look at those stats eh Mac. I did notice a couple of old timers also looked in in early December. Good to know that Kwini & Diggers are still out there :-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:20 pm

I sure look forward to checking in on this site while the sh** show in DC continues on until we have a new President in office.

Can't wait for the golf porn that is Hawaii coming on TV shortly.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Shotrock wrote:I sure look forward to checking in on this site while the sh** show in DC continues on until we have a new President in office.

Can't wait for the golf porn that is Hawaii coming on TV shortly.

Oh yeah...its Kapalua time :-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:22 am

Well well well, Trumpty Pumpty finally concedes...I just have this vision of the men in whites coats entering the Oval office with a straightjacket with his name on it and he goes "ok ok, I'll do it"

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:59 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55583244

Who knew? Though, this is what they voted for.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:48 am

beninho wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55583244

...and obviously they never knew at the time that a pandemic was coming but... everyone involved with implementing the Brexit detail (deliberately very loose definition) is classed as an essential worker. Schools are closed but open to the children of essential workers.
So schools were closed because they are apparently "vectors for transmission" but effectively they're not closed they are open to between 25% to 50% of children so in a sense you can say...

Brexit is increasing Coronavirus spread!!

Thats the headline, the more accurate line is...because of our government's continued bungling idiocy, rules are being bent beyond breaking point to accommodate political dogma and it's increasing viral transmission, which will leave us in lockdown for much much longer, overwhelm the NHS and basically trash our economy. Lose lose

At the end of the day, they'll have the convenience of blaming the pandemic rather than Brexit fro the economic shambles we're heading for.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:46 pm

Following the latest recount, it can be confirmed that Trump has now finished 2nd in Georgia more times than Greg Norman!!! Yahoo Yahoo

Last edited by JAS on Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

JAS

navyblueshorts and Shotrock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:56 pm

Covid does give brexit a bit of cover. Brexit is a sh*tshow. Still unsure how any good will cone from it.

My boys school year has 24 kids in and 70 odd in total, its only an infant school so reception, year 1 and 2. Last time barely had 10. I'm a key worker so could send him, but haven't.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:31 pm

I think what we have to remember is that brexit voters hated foreigners more than anything. I think they were willing to take whatever pain came along as Britain could become more xenophobic and racist.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm

McLaren wrote:

I think what we have to remember is that SOME brexit voters hated foreigners more than anything. I think they were willing to take whatever pain came along as Britain could become more xenophobic and racist.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:16 pm

I almost never wish time away, but January 20th can't come soon enough.

Even the spineless republicans that supported DJT are distancing themselves for fears of losing even more support from the middle. What goes around comes around.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:11 pm

beninho wrote:Covid does give brexit a bit of cover. Brexit is a sh*tshow. Still unsure how any good will cone from it.

My boys school year has 24 kids in and 70 odd in total, its only an infant school so reception, year 1 and 2. Last time barely had 10. I'm a key worker so could send him, but haven't.

That's exactly it Ben, people are under the misconception (because that's the lie they're being sold) that this lockdown is just like last March/April, it's not it's really really NOT. My partners school had around 10 essential workers kids last March/April (out of 330), today she's got 84 in. A couple of schools across town have got more than half in. So anybody expecting this lockdown to arrest and reverse the infection rate in a similar timescale to last time are in for a rather nasty shock.

She's quite lucky insofar as it's a 2 form entry school so it's easier for her to split her staff between In class and home learning duties. The one form entry schools with half their pupils in (even without allowing for any teachers self isolating) have been completely thrown under the bus by Williamson and his seat of the pants Poopie show. His solution? If the teachers/school can't supply home schooling material for those schooling from home, complain to Ofsted that they're failing in their statutory duty. What a dangerous hapless tw@t

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:23 pm

JAS wrote:
That's exactly it Ben, people are under the misconception (because that's the lie they're being sold) that this lockdown is just like last March/April, it's not it's really really NOT.

This is spot on. The number of potential infection events this time around is way higher than in march/april. This lockdowns abatement of covids R number is of a far lower magnitude.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:04 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:
That's exactly it Ben, people are under the misconception (because that's the lie they're being sold) that this lockdown is just like last March/April, it's not it's really really NOT.

This is spot on. The number of potential infection events this time around is way higher than in march/april. This lockdowns abatement of covids R number is of a far lower magnitude.

Is that in any way vaguely true?

The R number last March/April was estimated to be between 2.4 and 3 as opposed to being between 1 and 1.4 now.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Soul

You need fewer interactions to lower R. Especially of R0 of the new variant is higher.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:01 pm

1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.

beninho

westisbest likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Soul

There are more people in Schools, more people in the workplace, fewer restrictions in supermarkets, more routine hospital appointments, and no doubt many more examples I just can't think of right now. All of which will increase the probability of a covid transmission occurring. So I think yes, it is vaguely true. And therefore the R abatement will not be as effective as last time.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:50 pm

McLaren wrote:Soul

There are more people in Schools, more people in the workplace, fewer restrictions in supermarkets, more routine hospital appointments, and no doubt many more examples I just can't think of right now. All of which will increase the probability of a covid transmission occurring. So I think yes, it is vaguely true. And therefore the R abatement will not be as effective as last time.

Not disputing the overall thrust of your argument here Mac, but I would put a different slant on a couple of points. No routine hospital appointments/operations in my area. They've opened an additional ICU at my hospital. Doesn't mean to say there aren't fewer people going to hospital. Supermarket I use strict on numbers and face masks. Only wish other places were as good. Countered by the fact that local country park is full of people not following rules. Council peole who challenge these people get abused and threatened with violence. My exercise consists of walking the streets Whistle rather than parks as its quieter.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:15 pm

beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:02 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.

Probably comes down to how much faith you have that people didn't spend Christmas together. People were told Christmas was fine on a number of days building up. The fact they were then told Christmas isn't fine, alas, wouldn't negate what they'd been told all along. People got together because the govt said they could. I know soneobe who's family got together, and I now know soneone covid positive .

This new varient was known about when they were still letting people think Christmas would be fine. Everyone knows the Christmas plan was an attempt to garner support and was never a good idea. Mixed messages again.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:07 am

Just looked into the new strain a bit, seems it was picked up in November with PHE investigating it from end November and start if December. Went from Kent into London, including Greenwich.  And the govt still wanted to jr the council over school closes. Then even better they decided that schools in Greenwich and surrounding areas should remain open after Christmas. That cant be blamed on not knowing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 am

People got together because they wanted to and were going to regardless of what the government said.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am

Soul Requiem wrote:People got together because they wanted to and were going to regardless of what the government said.

But, the government told them they could. Even when they said they shouldn't, the ground work had been laid. It was obviously a very daft idea anyway.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 am

Did you meet up with everyone over Christmas?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 am

Depends what you class as meet up?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:01 pm

beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:57 pm

Let me know your definition and I'll answer your question.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next