The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

+22
LadyPutt
TRUSSMAN66
dynamark
Shotrock
Good Golly I'm Olly
incontinentia
Collapse2005
I'm never wrong
JAS
Be_the_ball
Roller_Coaster
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
Davie
beninho
GPB
McLaren
kwinigolfer
super_realist
Diggers
NedB-H
pedro
26 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 5 Empty This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by pedro Mon 01 Oct 2018, 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

RCB was only mentioned as a potential pick in lack of alternatives.

pedro

Back to top Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 5 Empty Re: This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:24 pm

Liked the Euro pairings apart from Westwood/Fitz ...One is slightly past his best and the other one was a disaster in 2016..

So it's proving out.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 5 Empty Re: This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by beninho Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:33 pm

An out of sorts Mcilroy and a past his best Poultet getting smashed, unsurprisingly.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm

Europe are gonna need these first two matches, Rory/Poulter might have already lost it through 3 holes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm

On the bright side for Europe, Rahm and Garcia looking in superb form.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:04 pm

John Rahm looks class..The rankings don't lie..

Rookies on the board early in the last match without having to really work for it.

Casey..Hov look a good team...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:06 pm

5 down thru 5 holes Shocked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:John Rahm looks class..The rankings don't lie..

Rookies on the board early in the last match without having to really work for it.

Casey..Hov look a good team...

Gordons Alive

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:15 pm

Rory needs to lose his hat.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:25 pm

GPB wrote:Rory needs to lose his hat.

Finally we agree on something. Why wear a hat when you arent being paid?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:29 pm

super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:Rory needs to lose his hat.

Finally we agree on something. Why wear a hat when you arent being paid?

As someone who just got diagnosed with a basal cell carcinoma, I can think of one very good reason.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:31 pm

Not an issue in late September weak sun in a traditionally cloudy part of the country

Hope its not too serious GPB

super_realist

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:53 pm

Getting no sense of urgency from the dermotologist so I don't think it is very serious.

But a carcinoma is a carcinoma.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 24 Sep 2021, 4:18 pm

Ian Poulter's Ryder Cup career will forever be cemented in history, but if he and Rory lose today like it appears they will, he will be 1-4-1 in his last 6 foursomes-fourball matches, which includes some big losses.

5&4 fourball loss in '14.
4&3 foursome loss in '18.
Today.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 24 Sep 2021, 4:18 pm

That was copied from a tweet. It's such am odd choice of a pick.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 4:25 pm

beninho wrote:That was copied from a tweet. It's such am odd choice of a pick.

Cap'n hindsight

Take a look at some Yanks foursomes results.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 24 Sep 2021, 4:43 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:That was copied from a tweet. It's such am odd choice of a pick.

Cap'n hindsight

Take a look at some Yanks foursomes results.

I'm pretty sure I said at the time I wouldn't of picked him. I wouldn't have picked Rose either. Maybe Noren.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 6:57 pm

Going to be pretty much over before the singles isn't it ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

Truss

I predict a USA win but it is never over before the singles.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:30 pm

It can be over without it being officially over if you get my drift.

Can't see how Europe can get to at least 6 minimum by Saturday night..

But I have been wrong before.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:54 pm

FWIW, Sheboygan Wisconsin is on about the same latitude as Monaco.

Its not like it is in the arctic.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 24 Sep 2021, 9:50 pm

This is setting up to be a royal caning for the euros.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 24 Sep 2021, 10:02 pm

incontinentia wrote:This is setting up to be a royal caning for the euros.

6-2 by the end of the day very much on - would be all but over already realistically
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 24 Sep 2021, 11:24 pm

Looks like it will be another home team trouncing. Rahman is brilliant though. But the Euros really are devoid of any form or spark. Hopefully the last outing for Poulter, Westwood, casey though. European golf seems to be struggling for depth.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:59 am

Like the Hovland/Wies partnership its a risk but why not ???...Not sure why West and Fitz are going again...Looks weak..

Hard to see how Europe can get back into this...At medinah you had more strength in depth..

Euro have to get 5 points today but where from ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:01 am

I appreciate Padraig is swimming against the tide (because ultimately the US have the better team, and played very well yesterday), but some of his decisions have been head scratching so far.

Sitting Sergio yesterday afternoon was baffling
Fleetwood not playing one foursomes match after how good he was in Paris (and getting our only non-Rahm half point yesterday), yet Fitzpatrick/Westwood being sent out both days?
While I don't think Poulter is really a fit here, if you've picked him as a captain, surely he plays both foursomes sessions...Wiesberger played ok yesterday but who is ultimately more likely to find the "magic" to get us back with a sniff this morning.

Struggling to see anything bar another 3-1 at best session for Europe in those foursomes.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:04 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
incontinentia wrote:This is setting up to be a royal caning for the euros.

6-2 by the end of the day very much on - would be all but over already realistically

Not quite. 12-8 Europe from here retains the trophy. Obviously an uphill ask but still a realistic one.

Americans backing continuity in today's foursomes. Europe dispensing with McIlroy (good call).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

The American team is just to good. Leaving out Mcilroy is the correct call. Same with leaving out Poulter. We just have a poor squad, or players just in no form.

What I dont get is why, the captain can't just pick all 12, rather then a running rank, where players are selected on big results months before.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:27 am

super_realist wrote:The fake bonhomie of the US team is pretty apparent. From the stage managed photo of everyone in their shades coming off the plane, the writing was on the wall. I'm sure some of them are mates, but there's just too many egos on that "squad" (I can't call them a team)

You can tell the Euro's actually like one another, or at very least make the effort to get on during the event.

The usual good take from this guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat 25 Sep 2021, 12:13 pm

I think we all know what happened Day 1: The "Euros" don't get team play. The "Euros" have silly names.  Rolling Eyes

All joking aside, I can't understand why you would sit Rory. Birdies are needed for this event and he's been a birdie machine year in and year out.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 1:22 pm

Rory has also been on the end of 2 stuffings.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 1:30 pm

Rory should be playing for either Westwood or Fitz..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 1:48 pm

Rory playing or not isn't really going to make much of a difference overall. If Euros get 10 points I'll be impressed.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 1:50 pm

It's painful to watch....I predicted 17 -11 earlier on the thread..

Think that is Conservative..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:15 pm

Shotrock wrote:I think we all know what happened Day 1: The "Euros" don't get team play. The "Euros" have silly names.  Rolling Eyes

All joking aside, I can't understand why you would sit Rory. Birdies are needed for this event and he's been a birdie machine year in and year out.
As the Americans love telling us, they're the greatest country in the world. This extends to golf too, so defeating them on their home patch would be unbelievable.

McIlroy made 1 eagle and 0 birdies yesterday afternoon, and was beaten easily in both his matches. I dont think Harrington had much choice but to bench him today.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:37 pm

Wrote earlier Hovland and Weisberger was an exciting pairing...From left field..

Harrington will need to experiment this afternoon..

Rahm..Fleetwood...Hovland...1 2 3 in the singles..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm

Fleetwood wasn't that good yesterday, unsure why people are going overboard with him. Those missed shirt putts were frightening.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

I think the Euroes are struggling to get to grips with the course. Other than Rahm there doesn't seem to be a Euro player who has worked out a way to get round whistling that is comfortable for them.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm

As the Brits love telling us, if you win the Open Championship you are the "Champion Golfer of the Year" ... Shocked Hyperbole all around my friend.

But back to the exhibition event ... Europe needs to at least split this morning's action and win (big I think) in the afternoon to have a decent chance on Sunday.

Still early.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:57 pm

All 3 games, casey has looked poor. How has he played 3!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:00 pm

Hovland and Spieth both seem to have graphite shafts in their long irons. Is this unusual or am i just out of touch with golf tech?!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 4:35 pm

Westwood..Fitz....Is a mistake by Padraig..

Rookies holding on for dear life in game 3..

What a star Rahm is for Europe.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

How is Westwood so good, whike also appearing to be so sh$t aswell.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 6:50 pm

Not sure Harry wanted Garcia out twice today...But what can he do ??..

Lowry isn't going to die wondering.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

I think Team Europe is going to form a task force to give them more Ryder Cup picks so they can pick MacIntyre and Perez.

GPB

pedro and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 25 Sep 2021, 11:48 pm

Rahman is so good.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 26 Sep 2021, 12:50 am

This is terrible. With a few exceptions we just look tame, without energy and out of form.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Sep 2021, 7:08 am

11-5....A miracle needed so you put out the guy who is in awful form first ??

Really...

Rahm had to go out first and try to lead from the front..

Harrington makes Mark James look like Einstein...

Fleetwood 11 ??...Behind Poulter ?? Who has been awful..

Don't get it.

TRUSSMAN66

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 26 Sep 2021, 7:37 am

It really makes no difference what order they go out on the final day, when you are 6 down.

The players haven't performed apart from Rahm and Sergio with a mention of Shane yesterday. Hovlabd has tried his best, but he and Fleetwood putting has looked scarily bad

Easy to lame the captain, but this is on the players.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 26 Sep 2021, 9:32 am

GPB wrote:I think Team Europe is going to form a task force to give them more Ryder Cup picks so they can pick MacIntyre and Perez.
They couldnt do much worse than Rorilroy
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 26 Sep 2021, 1:49 pm

McLaren wrote:I still can't believe fatprick is not on this team. When you have so many like BDC, Koepka that couldn't give a Poopie, and many like DJ who are indifferent it is crazy to leave out the one guy who just absolutely revels in the event.

Even to this day Spieth talks about how inspiring it was to play with P Reed.

They guy is a cheating jackass, but that didn't hamper Seve in the RC.

Can't imagine how the match would stand if Patrick Reed was on the team.

Maybe 12.5-3.5?

With Reed & Kisner, it might have been 13.5-2.5.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next