The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez

+18
oxring
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
tobbox
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
ian_jamsie
jimdig
88Chris05
Small Time
Young_Towzer
compelling and rich
Rowley
Jimmythebullet
BALTIMORA
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Scottrf
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

*** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez  - Page 2 Empty *** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi lads,

Well im going to keep this brief...

Alvarez seems to be filling this role as the next best thing better each time he comes out to fight.

Ok Rhodes isn't a top class operator so Im not gonna start praising from the roof tops here. But Rhodes is a "quality fighter" and he got absolutely torn apart.

Im starting to sit up and notice this ginger ninja now. He is brave, strong and throws good combinations. I guess the lack of quality opposition makes people jump on his back and moan. But the lad is starting to raise his game each time the opposition gets better.

I think im starting to become a fan now. Excellent performance. Made a fool of Rhodes. I expected a bit of a fight back, but Alvarez just too good and he proved it in this fight.

Good win.

Here is a link with further details if your interested.

DeeMcK

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/06/19/ryan-rhodes-outclassed-by-saul-alvarez-in-mexican-showdown/
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

*** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez  - Page 2 Empty Re: *** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Agree on Chavez jr and Cleverly but Berto had been looking for a big fight for some time, the Mosley fight fell through because of the Haiti disaster and then had to wait for someone to become available

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

*** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez  - Page 2 Empty Re: *** SPOILER *** Rhodes vs Alvarez

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Agree on Chavez jr and Cleverly but Berto had been looking for a big fight for some time, the Mosley fight fell through because of the Haiti disaster and then had to wait for someone to become available
What you agree Cleverly isn't gonna fight the best when he's had the title under a month and FW has mentioned Hopkins, and so has Clev himself?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 pm

He wont be fighting Hopkins any time soon, he gets his name out there by mentioning a fight with him but no way will Warren let Cleverly anywhere near him

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Rhodes has nothing to reproach himself for he gave his best but it wasn't good enough....not sure at his peak it would have been either....

However in Alvarez we have a Chavez clone who is both compact. goes to the body well and throws good combinations..He is also sturdy like Chavez and shows good maturity for a 20 year old...Another trait like Chavez is his lack of real power so like JC he will bust a lot of people up instead...

Think he is promising and once he learns to pace himself better will be a hard fighter to beat.......

Rhodes may have lost to a futrure great..Really does remind me of Chavez.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 pm

He wont be fighting Hopkins any time soon, he gets his name out there by mentioning a fight with him but no way will Warren let Cleverly anywhere near him
I think FW will allow the fight to happen. He let Joe beat him, now hopefully Nathan can beat him, at this moment i'd back Hopkins though. But i do 100% think FW will let him fight Hopkins.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Towzer, what Warren says and what he does are two VERY different things. I'll hold my hand up and say Berto's not a great example of my point, but nonetheless there ARE several 'world champions' out there who we're expected to believe should be given aittle slack because they're young, inexperienced, etc. All those excuses go out the window once a guy starts calling himself a champion. Regarding Cleverly; don't be surprised to see him milk a few euro-bums before he's matched dangerously.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm

He let Calzaghe face him because he was a proven world level fighter expected to win, Cleverly would be severely over matched against Hopkins and knowing that Bernard wont entertain the idea of a fight it looks good just mentioning him as a possible opponent. He's got Cleverly his title and he wont let it be taken away that easily.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm

You're joking right..Why would Hoppo be interested in Cleverly???

1. He's 45+ and is only interested in adding to his klegacy and Cleverly is a no-name!!

2. Cleverly won't bring any money to the table...

3. It would have to be in the US as Hoppo would struggle to get a licence here and no win in the States has heard of Cleverly so won't be interested..

FW would love him to fight Hoppo....It gets his name out there and a loss to a legend won't hurt him at this stage of his career..

But forget it...all pie in the sky.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 pm

You're joking right..Why would Hoppo be interested in Cleverly???

1. He's 45+ and is only interested in adding to his klegacy and Cleverly is a no-name!!

2. Cleverly won't bring any money to the table...

3. It would have to be in the US as Hoppo would struggle to get a licence here and no win in the States has heard of Cleverly so won't be interested..

FW would love him to fight Hoppo....It gets his name out there and a loss to a legend won't hurt him at this stage of his career..

But forget it...all pie in the sky.
I don't know who Hoppo is
Hopkins though would be interested, he's already mentioned Cleverly

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm

While we're dropping names, both Hopkins and Jones Jr had mentioned fighting Haye in the past. Doesn't mean zip. As Truss and Ghosty both already pointed out-it does no harm to get your name out there.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't know hoppo is..

You're stupid, naive and patronising...why don't you go to another site....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't know hoppo is..

You're stupid, naive and patronising...why don't you go to another site....
Thanks very much mate, i like it here though, so i think i'll stay.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

You're a 13 year old wum....who's offensive to people with intelligence...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:22 pm

You're a 13 year old wum....who's offensive to people with intelligence...
Thanks again, i'm 21 though...

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

not interested.....good luck to you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:You're a 13 year old wum....who's offensive to people with intelligence...
Thanks again, i'm 21 though...

With the mental ability of a 13 year old. That is being generous...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

With the mental ability of a 13 year old. That is being generous...
Reported!, end of. Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:With the mental ability of a 13 year old. That is being generous...

Oh no, what will I do.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 pm

I thought it was just me Truss, people do from my experiences envy what they don't have, this guy would seem to back up that theory

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:With the mental ability of a 13 year old. That is being generous...

Oh no, what will I do.

*adopts German accent* Cooler: one week.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:15 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Oh no, what will I do.

*adopts German accent* Cooler: one week.

Na, that only happens when you use CAPITAL LETTERS...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 pm

That was a strange evening Balti, what Scott, you and I did was nothing compared to some of the ludicrous garbage other posters have got away with

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Yellow letters...don't forget the yellow... angel

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Yellow letters...don't forget the yellow... angel

How could I forget. If ever their was a crime that deserved the gas chamber then it is that...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:That was a strange evening Balti, what Scott, you and I did was nothing compared to some of the ludicrous garbage other posters have got away with

Did the three of you all get bans? What was the logic behind the punishment?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:That was a strange evening Balti, what Scott, you and I did was nothing compared to some of the ludicrous garbage other posters have got away with

Did you get a ban too? I admit I was having a bit of a wind up...could be that I started three new accounts straight after being banned, with the intention of carrying on as normal until my exile was over on this account. I was already banned though before I made those, so I dunno if they made much difference... I was a bit surprised to read I was guilty of a 'catalogue of offences' though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I thought it was just me Truss, people do from my experiences envy what they don't have, this guy would seem to back up that theory
///////////////
Thanks Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I initially got a ban then had it lifted after about an hour when they discovered i'd made a new account, a catalogue of offences that happened behind the scenes to boot, all very strange. Should remember that wumming non stop is acceptable but questioning a mod, writing in yellow writing or capitals and posting on old topics is worthy of a ban.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:27 pm

You had it lifted? I had my home and mobile IPs blocked, far as I could tell. Couldn't even view the site, let alone log in. Still get the banned message when I first access the site at home most every day. Have to access it through mobile connection then once the window's open switch back to wi-fi.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:29 pm

God knows what's going on with the admin team, feel sorry for Windy though because he'd stick up for any of us and then you get an outsider without a clue of whats really going on getting involved

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 pm

God knows what's going on with the admin team, feel sorry for Windy though because he'd stick up for any of us and then you get an outsider without a clue of whats really going on getting involved
Windy's sound as a pound, putting the personal jibes you've shot at me to one side though, i'd stop talking about the admin/mods, do you want a ban? we know that's what will happen so if i was you i'd keep on topic, and no i'm not preaching or out just i got a ban for something like that last week.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:then you get an outsider without a clue of whats really going on getting involved
I beg to differ, we know exactly what happens. We dont just make decisions without consultation and running ideas and thoughts passed everyone else in the admin team. Everything that happens is a joint decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Y I Man wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:then you get an outsider without a clue of whats really going on getting involved
I beg to differ, we know exactly what happens. We dont just make decisions without consultation and running ideas and thoughts passed everyone else in the admin team. Everything that happens is a joint decision.

HOBO certainly didnt consult with anyone when he banned me. All because I had the cheek to ask why he had locked my thread.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Not sure if he meant you, Y I. What's happened a couple times (notably with the whole D4 thing) was some of the mods/admin who didn't really frequent the old boxing board not really realising how strongly some of the old regulars felt about...certain things. Anyway. Old news.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 pm

HOBO certainly didnt consult with anyone when he banned me. All because I had the cheek to ask why he had locked my thread.
/////////
Yeah but you've swore and put capitals on to test the water, also shot jibes at me. I'd say your trying to wind the mods/admin up personally.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:HOBO certainly didnt consult with anyone when he banned me. All because I had the cheek to ask why he had locked my thread.
/////////
Yeah but you've swore and put capitals on to test the water, also shot jibes at me. I'd say your trying to wind the mods/admin up personally.

I didnt swear to the best of my knowledge. Using CAPITALS is hardly worthy of a ban either. I am not on the wind up.

Now jog on please.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:42 pm

LJ, How do you know he didn't? Are you privy to our discussions?
I came on to confirm that everything that happens is a joint decision. I dont want to get into a discussion on admin procedure and single previous actions.

Can we just play sensibly for tonight please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Y I Man wrote:LJ, How do you know he didn't? Are you privy to our discussions?
I came on to confirm that everything that happens is a joint decision. I dont want to get into a discussion on admin procedure and single previous actions.
I can assure you that just because we dont post here, we read most if not all of the posts on the board. We know exactly what happens here.
Can we just play sensibly for tonight please?

He banned me within 10 seconds of a PM I sent him. Must be a quick consultation.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Now jog on please.
Cheers Smile

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Lads, could we please keep this on topic and leave the questioning of how the site is run?

There's a help/alert a moderator thread. If you have any questions on how the site runs go there.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

oxring wrote:Lads, could we please keep this on topic and leave the questioning of how the site is run?

There's a help/alert a moderator thread. If you have any questions on how the site runs go there.

Is it also there for various things such as the meaning of life? How in the name of god i got home last night? Red rash issues?

Wink

And to stay on thread. Boxing is great.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

fists in a ring, great fun Coxy

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 am

Hey guys. Sorry to litter the board bt just wanted all you good 606 peeps to know i have just started a boxing blog of my own. I will be doing fight predicitons, recaps, boxing news, polls and plenty more once i get into the swing of it. Also (for the mods here) i plan to PROMOTE 606V2, i think we have some great posters on here so i will be flowing traffic this way too. The blog is new but i will be posting regularly and would be very happy to have any of you on there. One former 606er has found his way on there (he was a controversial figure on here but im hoping he keeps it clean on my site) before anyone asks i am NOT his alter ego. the site is

maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Would be great to have you aboard. so get signed up,or just visit from time to time folks

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:03 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:fists in a ring, great fun Coxy

Depends whose fists, whose ring.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:34 pm

The kid has talent for sure and is starting to ramp up competition in a good way.

If he hadn't won the title yet you would have to be giving the kid credit, he was gifted the strap but at least he has defended it against a contender now and looked a class above doing it.

Its early doors but if he keeps improving like he has since I first saw him (cotto) then who knows

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm

A real shame for Rhodes he's a great boxer and showed lots of heart however he wasn't able to come back at Alvarez as it looked like he'd lost the speed he used to have circa 2 years ago imo or was Alvarez just in another league, as has already been said he needed to come on to Alvarez as he was told to, but still Rhodes wasn't expected to win, got his chance and a great pay day so alls good.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2