The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by WillyGilly Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

KiaRose wrote:I had a look at the Golf forum as well - they are so boring over there.

Steady kia I'm a golf forum part timer! We are equally cool, okay?

First visit on here tonight. Rory - just brilliant. That's all...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:11 am

I don't think he will ever win one either Thomond. But I look at the other English golfers like Luke Donald, Poulter, Justin Rose and I wonder if any of them are major material. Don't understand why they aren't winning, especially since the Tiger-fear factor was removed.

But then, I must admit I never thought Paddy would win one, never mind three.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

WillyGilly wrote:
KiaRose wrote:I had a look at the Golf forum as well - they are so boring over there.

Steady kia I'm a golf forum part timer! We are equally cool, okay?

First visit on here tonight. Rory - just brilliant. That's all...

Apologies, Willy. It just seems more chatty in here, a situation which is facilitated by the lack of a three-minute rule.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:20 am

What a moment coming up... hope he finishes with a flourish on the final green!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

Par will do Notch

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

Of course Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

Come on Rory!!! Well done ya boy ya Yahoo

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

His Da is sooo proud. Quiet and unassuming. Now he breaks ranks and shows his joy.

"Happy Da's Day, Daaa!" zen
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:25 am

That was a superb putt

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:26 am

Lovely stuff. Just great.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:26 am

Stand up!!!!! Very Happy

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

The realisation finally hits. Look at that smile.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:28 am

Just brilliant.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:28 am

Standulstermen wrote:Stand up!!!!! Very Happy

Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:29 am

His Caddie is smiling, for lots of reasons. And he just earned a huge payday.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:31 am

Rory and Gerry McIlroy on Father's Day- the new young champion, and the man behind him. Wonderful. Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BteIwbKU_iQ

guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:33 am

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

Well done Rory, so pleased for you especially after Augusta.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:38 am

Hear Hear!

Night regs. Nice buzz in here tonight. Hug

Well done Rory. Yahoo
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:39 am

Night night - off to Brighton tomorrow.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:41 am

I'm just- it's brilliant. This is some moment in the history of Northern Ireland and Ireland sport. I have SUCH a massive grin on my face. Fantastic!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

Night all. Great scenes and there will be a great buzz about this place for a while. Looking forward to seeing rory at Ravenhill

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

KiaRose wrote:Night night - off to Brighton tomorrow.

Yay, Brighton! Very Happy

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:49 am

Back to back us open champions. We're not brazil we're northern Ireland!

So pleased for. Any chance he'll bring it with him the next time he's at Ravenhill?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:53 am

Saw this on twitter from Luke Donald; "Thinking about moving to Northern Ireland!!"

Very Happy

And on that note, goodnight!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:55 am

I thought this was a class comment from GMAC.

"He's probably the best driver of the ball I've ever seen. We nicknamed him the 'BMW' because he is the 'ultimate driving machine".

Morning all. Was meant to be working, but there's a delay. Been up since five and now in limbo as to whether I should go back to sleep or not. Don't want to have to scramble for work if something gets sorted, but I also don't want to stay awake for Flip all.

I signed my transfer form yesterday back to Risca RFC from Kinloss. Great to be back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:31 am

Morning all,

There might be one or two stories about a wee man from Ireland in here today

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport?mobile-redirect=false
http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/
http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/rugby

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=80
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union

First of many for Rory, don't think he will win the open though.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:51 am

Morning all. Well done to McIlroy. Notch you say its great for Northern Ireland and Ireland. I don't follow that if I'm being honest. Obviously it is an amazing moment for Northern Irish sport. Outstanding golfing achievement. But I only ever seen Northern Irish flags when he plays. I mean for example his Dad was waving the Northern Irish flag last night, beside his name he has the N.I. flag. Will Ireland as a whole benefit to the same extent that N.Ireland will.

Don't know if that was clear. Anyway well done to Rory on a serious achievement.

Last edited by red_stag on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:52 am

Good morning all - The Q&A with Victor Ubogu is up:

https://www.606v2.com/t7530-qa-with-victor-ubogu

What a great guy (IMO!) - very candid in his answers which is always good to see in these politically correct days.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:54 am

I understand what your saying stag, even in commentary last night it was always NI this NI that, the knock on effect will be for NI and not Ireland as a whole

Last edited by hughie1986 on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:57 am

How amazing for Rory McIlroy!

I had to go to bed at 10 because I was too shattered to finish watching it, but man, just amazing, so absolutely chuffed for him. I openly admit I don't usually like golf (only really got an interest in it in the last Ryder cup) but I really enjoyed watching it this weekend.

It's going to be a long week in the office, only 2 of us in, so going to be super busy I think. And morning all, hope everyone's well today Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:04 am

Kia ora, mauri ora all, in at work early today mutter mutter, so one Asbo special please egg egg mug .

That's a great interview with VU Hobo, have shared it with a couple of Bath fans in the office.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:09 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:Kia ora, mauri ora all, in at work early today mutter mutter, so one Asbo special please egg egg mug .

That's a great interview with VU Hobo, have shared it with a couple of Bath fans in the office.

I thought it was great too - I have tweeted a load of bath players and supporters clubs asking for RT, so here is hoping. Seems a really nice guy with a good business brain.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:19 am

Morning all. Ah what a weekend!

Cracking 60th party on Friday
The Dubs top Galway to line up a 3rd meeting in a final with Kilkenny this year (we’ve won the other two) on Saturday
Rory Mc wins the open on Sunday

Great stuff! And I’d agree with Stag and Hughie on the great for NI thing. We can’t really leech off this success*, still absolutely delighted for him though!

*he will no doubt become “British” now though Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:27 am

Stag I think the majority of people see it as a great achievement for both Irish golf and Northern Irish golf.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:27 am

Morning all.

ain't been in much.. tired after watching the golf last night but was something special to witness.

Rory has already said I think that for the olympics if he plays that will play for GB not Ireland. which is fair enough.

To be honest it will still have a huge effect on Irish golf. Not so much in terms of this being Irelands achievement but for the kids coming up seeing someone so close to home doing these things will help them immensely in their dreams.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:27 am

Mickado wrote:Morning all. Ah what a weekend!

We can’t really leech off this success*, still absolutely delighted for him though!

*he will no doubt become “British” now though Wink

Is that not what being good bandwagoners is all about? Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

As rugby folk those of us from the south cheer if Trimble, Ferris et al score, so I don't see why cheering McIlroy is any different.

I see his nationality as being a unifying thing rather than anything divisive. I was thinking that last night as I watched the golf. I think it's great that people from both islands can get behind him and wish him well. We shouldn't beat ourselves up over that or over analyse it.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

roddersm wrote:Stag I think the majority of people see it as a great achievement for both Irish golf and Northern Irish golf.

But why? MickyT I would say that Tiger Woods or Sergio Garcia were just as influencial in converting Irish kids to get into golf with their video games and media backing.

I watched the golf on Saturday night and there was no indication that McIlroy was anything other than Northern Irish.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

BTW not being divisive or not wishing him well. I'm glad he has done well. But its certainly not the same for me as Harrington doing well and clearly others like Mickado and Hughie would say the same.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:35 am

Sergio Garcia? Are you kidding? Tiger Woods, yes, as he was the most marketable golf player there has ever been.

But yes, McIlroy will have a big effect on Irish people. I'm sure if you look at all the Irish papers today, he will be on the front pages.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all - happy Monday! Smile

I'm feeling really chirpy this morning, which is relatively rare for a Monday. It helps that I woke up to the news that McIlroy had won the US Open - I would have stayed up, but my eyes were starting to shut by ten last night and my alarm goes off at five.

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

red_stag wrote:
roddersm wrote:Stag I think the majority of people see it as a great achievement for both Irish golf and Northern Irish golf.

But why? MickyT I would say that Tiger Woods or Sergio Garcia were just as influencial in converting Irish kids to get into golf with their video games and media backing.

I watched the golf on Saturday night and there was no indication that McIlroy was anything other than Northern Irish.

Never said they weren't Stag. I am just saying that someone so close to home who may well tour schools both sides of the border with his trophy. This will be alot closer to home then the two you mentioned and will have a better affect then with Video games.

I think one thing that brings these two nations so closely together is sport. so if Ireland gets a lift from this directly or indirectly I don't see what the problem with that is.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

Thats a shame you feel that way stag. Many people I know in the south were cheering for McIlroy to win, as were people across the political spectrum up here.

If the next superstar of Golf is from County Down then thats fantastic for Irish Golf, not just NI.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

red_stag wrote:

Thats a pretty depressing comment actually that you feel a golfer from co Down winning the US Open is no more of significance to Irish golf than Woods or Garcia.

Maybe you feel Barry McGuigan didn't inspire Irish boxers because he was based in Belfast?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:50 am

MBTGOG wrote:Sergio Garcia? Are you kidding? Tiger Woods, yes, as he was the most marketable golf player there has ever been.

But yes, McIlroy will have a big effect on Irish people. I'm sure if you look at all the Irish papers today, he will be on the front pages.

I'm not kidding I had 2 of the Links Golf video games series with Sergio Garcia on the cover. As a young fella him and Woods were the only 2 golfers I knew.

Rodders, sorry if you think its depressing but its just the way I feel about it. I watched the golf and all I saw were Northern Ireland flags. He will have a big effect on Irish people but my point is so do other people too. It is an amazing golfing achievement but why is it good for Northern Ireland and Ireland. I don't feel as close to his achievement as I did to Harringtons.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

roddersm wrote: Many people I know in the south were cheering for McIlroy to win, as were people across the political spectrum up here.

Ah now its not I was cheering against him or even neutral. I wanted him to win.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

red_stag wrote:I wanted him to win.

That's all that matters. There's really no need to analyse it.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 20 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Stag that is fair enough. I respect your point of view but I think if you read the Irish news papers then you will see that McIlroy winning is a big thing for Ireland, not just N.Ireland.

Thats a shame you feel that way because I've been inspired in equal measures by Irish athletes from across the Island regardless of what colour their passport is or what flag they choose to fly.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next