The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Rev,

Hooked his approach and swung the club into the ground and it snapped right in his hand. Little silly but the frustration just got to.him
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Just on rorys wiki page, someone has already updated it to say he has won the 2011 us open

🤦

Dont do it. Wait.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Quote from Butch Harmann on Sky
"They will have to close the country [Norn Iron] tomorrow becasue no one will be at work there"

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:22 pm

You know a fella or team is successful if Hughie starts to take notice Whistle

I think we are all jumping on the bandwagon a bit. Although I've been talking about him for years Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

He hit the club off the ground, it shattered and seemed to cut his hand. A shard of it caught him nastily.

Kia I can't afford to meet Rory McIlroy at Ravenhill- apparently he sits in a front row seat in the posh (expensive) new stand, bang on the halfway line OK Too rich for my blood! I'm on the Promenade.

I remember on twitter he got some stick from the hardcore golf fans because he joked that he would skip the Masters this year to be at Ulsters HC quarter-final!

Hehe, the commentator just said they're gonna have to shut down Northern Ireland tomorrow because no-one will be going into work Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

If only

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

I'm not doing it, but someone already has.

Rory McIlroy (born 4 May 1989) is a professional golfer from Northern Ireland, and the 2011 U.S. Open Champion. Quote wiki
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Thomond, ill have you know I've always been a golf fan. Obviously Im been a little over sensitive here but this is one time I'm not on the bandwagon, I'm driving the bloody tractor
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Thomond wrote:You know a fella or team is successful if Hughie starts to take notice Whistle

I think we are all jumping on the bandwagon a bit. Although I've been talking about him for years Wink

I've been following his career with interest, especially since he started talking about Ulster Rugby in the press.

Was it when Padraig Harrington won his first (or second?) major, McIlroy came into the limelight as a teen prodigy? Was that the British Open? Everyone in NI was talking about him then, the papers were full of it.

After seeing the Saints knock Ulster out of Europe, my Dad and I went back to catch the end of the Masters and we were already gutted about the rugby but that made hit us even worse! So to see him come back like this is unreal- I'm so happy for the guy.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Sure he bankrolls half our team Kia Wink

We can expect to see Dan Carter at Ravenhill after the RWC to cover if Humphreys gets a knock

Yeah, Stand. Sure, ye'll get him at half-price when Sexton shows him the way. His ex backup (Berquist), has come to learn from the real Master. zen guinness

The Yank commentator on NBS is right. This boy plays like Seve. With panache and no end of courage.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Tractor? Think car would have been a better choice. Sorry if I offended you just making a joke OK

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 pm

I had a look at the Golf forum as well - they are so boring over there.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Gibson wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:Sure he bankrolls half our team Kia Wink

We can expect to see Dan Carter at Ravenhill after the RWC to cover if Humphreys gets a knock

Yeah, Stand. Sure, ye'll get him at half-price when Sexton shows him the way. His ex backup (Berquist), has come to learn from the real Master. zen guinness

The Yank commentator on NBS is right. This boy plays like Seve. With panache and no end of courage.

laughing

I'm laughing, but I could just as easily cry becasue there are those who'll tell you he does with a straight face!

Whoever started that rumour is a real WUM- he'd cause havoc on the boards Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Graeme McDowell on now. Love that guy. Let's not forget how much he's done for the sport in Ulster and Ireland clap
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Not at all thomond, not in the slightest

Gmac, "they build us tough up in Northern Ireland, not sure what happened, but they build us tough"

Something happened up north to make them tough, wonder what that was Whistle
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Don't know about them, but I'm as Soft As... Sugar Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Gibbo

You're right bud. We will get McCaw instead so you can see a real top class 7 in Ireland and not Jennings :run1:

Notch

Rory won the silver medal the same year Harrington won the Open yep. That was Harringtons first iirc

Last edited by Standulstermen on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Thomond, ill have you know I've always been a golf fan. Obviously Im been a little over sensitive here but this is one time I'm not on the bandwagon, I'm driving the bloody tractor

laughing Brilliant!

Yeah me too. Long before ye were born. And NO bloody ageist jokes roysh!
Feel sorry for Yang.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 pm

So David Wallace is poor now is he? Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I really wanted to see Yang wrap up 2nd.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 pm

It was in Harrington's first Open that Rory came to attention. I think Darren Clark had been talking about him before then.

That win (PH's) also broke what had become an American monopoly on majors for some years - a lot of the Europeans who have gone on to win since then have attributed their new belief to PH.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Gibbo

You're right bud. We will get McCaw instead so you can see a real top class 7 in Ireland and not Jennings :run1:
laughing
Stand. Touche ya feicer!

More pints. Mon, its the run-in regs. Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale guinness guinness cider cider
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:37 pm

It would be great with the golfers from NI winning majors if we could get the British Open back in Northern Ireland. Royal POrtrush would be a craicin venue

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

I've opened a can of worms now Laugh

I would just like to state categorically i love all our IQ Opensides!

apart from Niall Ronan

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Or the Irish Open? Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

I would love to see Sergio doing well. He was the wunderkind a few years ago and it all went pear-shaped for him, especially when he lst in the play-off to Paddy H. But he has played well this week - just needs to do something about his putting

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Garcia is always good value for a few exquisite shots and he's had a few tonight!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Standulstermen wrote:I've opened a can of worms now Laugh

I would just like to state categorically i love all our IQ Opensides!

apart from Niall Ronan

New idea for a crime novel; The Ulsterman Who Kicked the Hornets Nest Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Indeed Notch indeed.

I believe Rory moves up to 4th in the rankings if/when he wins

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Notch wrote:Or the Irish Open? Whistle

I wish they kept that on links courses - so yes, go with Portrush

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Indeed Notch indeed.

I thought they said 3rd, Stand

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Standulstermen wrote:It would be great with the golfers from NI winning majors if we could get the British Open back in Northern Ireland. Royal POrtrush would be a craicin venue

Royal Portrush is well known as one of the best golf courses on Earth.

2 x NI US Open Winners in a row?
Bring the British Open HOME - for a year.
Yup.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 pm

KiaRose wrote:

Depends on where Kaymer finishes i believe

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Garcia seems to have the Yips. His putting has been woeful for a while now.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Seriously though, the amount of people that would bring to NI would be wonderful for us nevermind the golf!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 pm

KiaRose wrote:

Think Kaymer had to be outside the top 57 or something for that to happen! But it's looking like we are going back-to-back!!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Royal Portrush may be a great course, Gibson. The problem with some of those old established courses is the infrastructure - they simply haven't got it to cope with a modern major, such as the British Open.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm

But, the Royal County Down is now officially 5th.

You play golf Stand? I know the baul Huggie does. Me too. Not in a while now.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 pm

This kid really is a bit special!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Played some golf on the beaches of West Cork with my da today. Good laugh.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Not for a good while Gibbo. I daren't think what state my game is in at present. Never took it seriously though. County Down is rated and the Slieve Donard would welcome that trade. It is top notch but there arent enough like it.

17 under 8)

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend Father's Day Thomond- my Dad and I had a great day with the rest of the family. Picked him up a couple of CDs. He's most appreciative Wink

Gerry McIlroy on there- so, so proud. Great stuff clap

Birdie for McIlroy- finish it in style kid!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Kia your right, I remember being about 14 and sergio was the new great white hope for golf, he was going to win countless majors but his putting has let him down so much over the years, most notably in the open with PH as you said.

He had a 5 footer for the title on the last hole and it lipped out, ge may as well have not turned up for the playoff, he was beaten as soon as he missed the putt, you could see it in his eyes
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:55 pm

KiaRose wrote:Royal Portrush may be a great course, Gibson. The problem with some of those old established courses is the infrastructure - they simply haven't got it to cope with a modern major, such as the British Open.

Very true Kia. It takes a massive amount of organising, infrastructure and logistics to handle it. Not just the quality of the course.

Also, links are so different.

You are a golfer yeah? Your knowledge suggests it.

Take us home Rory.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:00 am

I remember all the predictions of how many majors Sergio would win - none so far. i wonder now that the light will shine on Rory if he will relax, sort out his putting and DO something.

Monty was saying earlier that Westwood "deserves" to win a major. We have had discusisons here before about people / teams "deserving" to win things, but just cause Lee has been good for years does not mean he "deserves" to win. He is 38 now, so Monty reckons if he doesn't win one of the next 6 (2 more this year and four next) he will have lost his chance. Westwood needs to finish in the top 3 today to stay at No.2 in the rankings.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 am

I have hacked around a few times Gibson, never had time when the children were little, but it is on my list of "things to do" when I have finished my studies.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 am

Think Rory is about to do his first 3 putt of the week!!

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 am

Oh, difficulties for Rory on the green- glad he has such a commanding lead.

It's going to be really interesting if he finds himself in this position with a much smaller lead in a future major.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 am

Westwood has blown his chance to win a major in my opinion.The Masters in 2010 was his big shot. He bottled it. He had a chance in last year's Open too but Oosthuizen won out.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 am

Thomond wrote:Played some golf on the beaches of West Cork with my da today. Good laugh.

Sounds like a great day out T. West Cork beaches with yer Da. Heaven man.
Miss my fellas. They are away. Sad

Mawn Rory!

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next