The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th!

+20
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
captain carrantuohil
Fists of Fury
Gentleman01
Mind the windows Tino.
joeyjojo618
Super D Boon
Colonial Lion
Rowley
bhb001
Waingro
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
BALTIMORA
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th! - Page 2 Empty Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th!

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok so here is some more breaking news

Semms this fight will be made after all. Also it give Groves a slot on the undercard, well thats my prediction anyway.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=29011&more=1

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th!

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Steffan wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Wales by mid to late stoppage or wide UD for me.

And who will Scotland be cheering for in this Anglo-Welsh clash?

Wales thumbsup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cleverley v Bellew about to be made for October 15th!

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:38 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Steffan wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Wales by mid to late stoppage or wide UD for me.

And who will Scotland be cheering for in this Anglo-Welsh clash?

Wales thumbsup

Good to see the colonies showing some solidarity, good on you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Laugh I want to see Bellew get KO'd Rowley.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote: Laugh I want to see Bellew get KO'd Rowley.

If I'm honest mate so do I, don't know why but he really annoys me

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 pm

So do I, as it happens,GG. I maintain that it is not a fight that should be for any version of a world title or anything close to it; Bellew has not proved his right to belong in such company.

However, such is the world we live in that he who who shouts the loudest or offers the most blood-curdling insults is allowed to jump to the head of the queue. For that reason alone, a childish foot-stamper like Bellew would be greatly improved by a good hiding, which I have reason to believe that he is likely to get.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Rowley/Captain, i also feel this shouldn't be for a World Title and think this will be the end of Bellew unbeaten record for sure.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

This is not just a world title fight that doesn't mean anything. This is us against them. Come on. Fists, maybe you don't know...what I'm talking about now...but you will when it's over...Believe me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:01 pm

I think it will be a test of Cleverlys maturity more than anything else because hes ahead in every other department bar power. Bellew if nothing else can hit so if Cleverly chooses to engage him in a slug match it probably the only way I can see Bellew winning. If Cleverly can box smart and to instructions he should win quite comfortably but in the past he hasnt always done this and has shown a tendancy to get frustrated or try to brawl when things dont go to exactly to plan.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I also want Bellew to get a good hiding, but he is Commonwealth Champion, at least that is some sort of achievement. More than many boxers manage. Cleverly deserves a relative gimme in his first defence.

I am from Chester. Can't wait for Bellew to get a good doing over. Serves him right for spraying graffiti all over our Roman walls.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:16 pm

So Haye decided to close the show against Maccarinelli and he did, how one earth is that not outclassing your opponent, if Enzo had the better fundamentals he wouldn't be getting knocked out here there and everywhere.

And fists can be please have a crackdown on the pathetic human being that is Steffan, i'm sick to death of his BS as i'm sure others are too.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Mismatch I'm afraid.......Bellew isn't ready and cleverly looks top quality..

Cleverly in a one sided fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:cleverly looks top quality..

Very complimentative of you to say so Truss. Im quite suprised to be honest. Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything but just didnt think Cleverly would be the kind of fighter you would rate. Lets hope he gives Bellew a beating and shuts him up once and for all OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 pm

I hope its October the 15th as well. Is my nephews birthday. He will be 9 (I think) so party followed by me and my brother getting on the lash and a night of boxing Very Happy

And just to confirm...my nephew will not be drinking alcohol

He has mini-rugby on Sunday mornings so will want to keep a straight head

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 am

Anyone see a possible shock coming?
Though clearly Cleverly looks strong skill-wise I am concerned about him. I remember watching him against Karo Murat and thinking are we being serious? If he goes in against a banger he could be Ko'd if he starts with the macho BS again. He's not a banger though he has relatively respectable power nowadays, do feel that some of his punches are arm punches and he doesn't commit to them. If he starts hanging out his chin like a muppet again and goading Bellew in it's the only way I see him winning as Bellew can only do one thing well and thats punch really hard.
I don't like Bellew and personally I want him to get beat but I wouldn't mind seeing Clev touch the deck and get hurt. A.) For a bit of the excitement factor B.) So he will finally learn that it's stupid and if he does it against quality opposition he'll get flattened.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I really hope Clev wins this!

Aside from being English, and a fine specimen of our breed i must say, what has Bellew done to get this shot?????????

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm

TumblingDice wrote:I really hope Clev wins this!

Aside from being English, and a fine specimen of our breed i must say, what has Bellew done to get this shot?????????

He beat a journeyman he had already had a life and death struggle with, how doe she not deserve a world title shot?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Fight is official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14689120.stm

Lets hope the Clev shuts up Bellew once and for all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:56 pm

"Hopkins will fight the winner of Cleverly-Bellew in the United Kingdom."

Come on now, does anybody really expect us to believe this?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm

88Chris05 wrote:"Hopkins will fight the winner of Cleverly-Bellew in the United Kingdom."

Warren wont chuck the Clev in with Hopkins. Bernard wont come to Europe anyway. Once Clev has dispatched of this moron a fight with Tavoris Cloud may be possible though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm

88Chris05 wrote:"Hopkins will fight the winner of Cleverly-Bellew in the United Kingdom."

Such cynicism Chris, if Warren says it will happen that will do for me. Before you make such ridiculous statements Chris think you would be better served asking yourself has Frank ever talked about big names only for the fights not to materialise, given I can think of not one instance where this has happened previously I struggle to see why you would not take his word as a cast iron guarantee this time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 pm

I posted that on the news thread. He also said Bhop was willing to come over here.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Warren's been getting a wee bit braver with regards to some of his matchmaking over the last eighteen months, so providing Cleverly gets past Bellew (which he will if he performs even at seventy percent of his potential) I don't think a clash with Hopkins (again, provided that he gets past Dawson) in early 2012 is a total impossibility.

I was more referring to the idea that Hopkins, at forty-seven and with so many defining moments behind him already, is going to trawl over to the UK for a WBO belt and a (relative, in world terms) no-name. That was the part which I (and I assume just about everyone else) have a hard time believing.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 pm

This fight should be called:

'The Champ v The Chav'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 pm

rowley wrote:

Such cynicism Chris, if Warren says it will happen that will do for me. Before you make such ridiculous statements Chris think you would be better served asking yourself has Frank ever talked about big names only for the fights not to materialise, given I can think of not one instance where this has happened previously I struggle to see why you would not take his word as a cast iron guarantee this time round.

That's true, he did deliver blockbusters such as Calzaghe-Pudwill, Sprott-Skelton and Maccarinelli-Gunn. Silly me, letting my heart rule my head again!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Cleverly is surely not on Bhops radar. He has beat no one of note ad even if he beats Bellew (which I hope he doesn't and doubt he will) what would be in it for Bhop? He would make more money fighting Cloud or someone moving up from 168lbs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 pm

I suspect Frank will do what he always does, get big headlines over wanting the fight but when it comes time to negotiate it offer rubbish money and or terms, as he did first time round for Haye Macrinelli and when they are inevitably turned down will get loads of press out of making out Hopkins is avoiding Cleverly.

Cleverly brings little to the table in terms of belt, prestige or legacy for Bhop so his only motivation for taking the fight is money, does anyone seriously believe Frank will offer terms good enough for Hopkins to get on a plane

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Bobby Gunn was the greatest Cruiserweight ever to be fair

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Steffan wrote:Bobby Gunn was the greatest Cruiserweight ever (to have lived on his particular street between the numbers of 20 and 34) to be fair

Edited for you, Steffan.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

prettyboykev wrote:even if he beats Bellew (which I hope he doesn't and doubt he will) what would be in it for Bhop?

So you are saying that Bellew will win then I take it?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Cleverly is surely not on Bhops radar. He has beat no one of note ad even if he beats Bellew (which I hope he doesn't and doubt he will) what would be in it for Bhop? He would make more money fighting Cloud or someone moving up from 168lbs.

It's a bit like Rocky IV. BHop is going to do a number on Cleverly at the Millenium stadium (Drago defeats Creed), heartbroken Calzaghe will come out of retirement to defeat the monster that is BHop.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Cleverly is surely not on Bhops radar. He has beat no one of note ad even if he beats Bellew (which I hope he doesn't and doubt he will) what would be in it for Bhop? He would make more money fighting Cloud or someone moving up from 168lbs.

It's a bit like Rocky IV. BHop is going to do a number on Cleverly at the Millenium stadium (Drago defeats Creed), heartbroken Calzaghe will come out of retirement to defeat the monster that is BHop.

Calzaghe is white, so that's a non-starter.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:

It is a matter of size. Evolution. Isn't it, gentlemen? The other man Hopkins has not the size, the strength, the genetics to win. It is physically impossible for this little man to win. Cleverly is a look at the future!

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Steffan wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:even if he beats Bellew (which I hope he doesn't and doubt he will) what would be in it for Bhop?

Always felt Bellew will win it. Not sold on Cleverly or Bellew for that matter but I think it will get a bit rough in their and that suits Bellew who can box as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:14 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Always felt Bellew will win it. Not sold on Cleverly or Bellew for that matter but I think it will get a bit rough in their and that suits Bellew who can box as well.

And you want Bellew to win as well?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Steffan wrote:

And you want Bellew to win as well?

I like Bellew he's a big passionate guy who sometimes says thing out of turn but I can be guilty of that myself at times. Cleverly I don't like he just annoys me not even sure why.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I like Bellew he's a big passionate guy who sometimes says thing out of turn but I can be guilty of that myself at times. Cleverly I don't like he just annoys me not even sure why.
Wales

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:I like Bellew he's a big passionate guy who sometimes says thing out of turn but I can be guilty of that myself at times. Cleverly I don't like he just annoys me not even sure why.
Wales

Very good Scottrf OK

Glad to know your on TEAM CLEV

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Seen him live a few times.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Scottrf wrote:Seen him live a few times.

I quite fancy this one to be honest. Pub by me run a bus for Clevs last fight. They should be doing one this time as well. Where have you seen him to?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Steffan wrote:Pub by me run a bus for Clevs last fight.

Try and stick to English whilst on here please mate!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Steffan wrote:Pub by me run a bus for Clevs last fight.

Try and stick to English whilst on here please mate!

Eh?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Steffan wrote:I quite fancy this one to be honest. Pub by me run a bus for Clevs last fight. They should be doing one this time as well. Where have you seen him to?
O2, LG Arena.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Pubbymerunabus?

Eh?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Union Cane wrote:Pubbymerunabus?

Eh?

It was English. You need to learn to read if your going to keep up with the bigboys on here

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Wales

I'm not a Welsh hater although their is a trend forming. Calzaghe, Maccaranelli, Rees and now Cleverly. Lucky I like Big John Hartson or Steffan would be offended.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok, I'll learn to read.

Apologies.

I hope Clev wins, I don't particularly like Bellew, but if Nathan gets tagged and then starts hanging his chin out (as he seems to like doing) then he could find himself being sat down as Bellew can bang a bit.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Cleverley easily wins this, but will go on to fight another mediocre challenger while shouting his desire to face the best in the world. Another talented fighter that will be thwarted by the amibition (?) of Warren i.e. make lots of money for little risk.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:32 pm

bhb001 wrote:Cleverley easily wins this

What has Cleverly done to suggest he easily deals with a tough guy who can brawl/box and has good power like Bellew?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Think a few people arent giving Bellew enoguh respect here.

He's won 3 ABA titles so he can box aswell as bang abit. If Cleverly gets all macho and wants a scrap he will be in for a rude awakening.

I want Bellew to win being scouse and all.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Think a few people arent giving Bellew enoguh respect here.

He's won 3 ABA titles so he can box aswell as bang abit. If Cleverly gets all macho and wants a scrap he will be in for a rude awakening.

I want Bellew to win being scouse and all.
He's an Everton fan though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next