The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Dragons Game Discussion

+25
Irish Curry
LordDowlais
Seagultaf
Sin é
Standulstermen
Taffineastbourne
glamorganalun
Cymroglan
Artful_Dodger
MBTGOG
Shifty
Cari
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
valjester
bedfordwelsh
BlueMuff
GavinDragon
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Thomond
greybeard
rodders
Rava
red_stag
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Empty Munster v Dragons Game Discussion

Post by red_stag Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munster Team to play Newport Dragons:

01 Marcus Horan
02 Mike Sherry
03 Stephen Archer
04 Billy Holland
05 Mick O'Driscoll
06 Peter O'Mahony
07 Niall Ronan
08 James Coughlan
09 Peter Stringer
10 Ian Keatley
11 Denis Hurley
12 Lifeimi Mafi
13 Danny Barnes
14 Doug Howlett
15 Johne Murphy

16 Damien Varley, 17 Wian du Preez, 18 John Hayes, 19 Dave Foley, 20 Tommy O'Donnell, 21 Tomas O'Leary, 22, Scott Deasy, 23 Simon Zebo

Have to say very happy with that team. Ian Nagle misses out through injury. Should be fit by next game.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Dragons Game Discussion

Post by Shifty Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:15 pm

Ouch 2 players in the bin.
Cmon you Dragons!

Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Newpor13Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Newpor13Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Newpor13
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Munster v Dragons Game Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster v Dragons Game Discussion

Post by Cymroglan Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

The ref does not have a clue

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:20 pm

Cymroglan wrote:The ref does not have a clue

I'm not sure why he pinged the Dragons center then, he broke contact after the tackle and went for the ball.
Ah well on sports guru I picked Munster by 10, their 8 ahead.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:25 pm

The dragons should give their players bags to catch the ball, skills are very poor no cutting edge, Munster marginally better.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

Coughlan with another turnover hes been oustanding.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

Poor by the Dragons to be 2 players up on Munster and do nothing in all that time!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Munster 6 needs a word.Ref was crap but his insolence is not acceptable.We do not want to turn into soccer.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:09 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Munster 6 needs a word.Ref was crap but his insolence is not acceptable.We do not want to turn into soccer.

He is the captain so he is entitled to question the ref on what the decision is for. The ref got that call completely wrong imo, if he was going to card a munster player from that situation it should have been the replacement scrumhalf Duncan Williams. I thought he was a bit harsh with the cards and he could have easily gone through the match without issuing one, nevermind four. But he set the tone with the first one and the other two were consistent even though the one for a slap was ridiculous but that was the tj.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

The ref seemed to be a bit parnickity,if that is a word. An interesting game,Munster scored two great tries and defended well,their discipline at the breakdown was poor and the scrum was a problem.

The new stand looks well and besides his kicking I think Keatley showed some promising touches. He was an inch away from putting an O'Gara-esque kick into the corner. I think that Barnes is evolving into a decent centre for the League and he could well prove to be a decent HC player. Johne Murphy also made some great ground with the ball in hand.

Finall,credit to the Dragons. After going 17-3 down away from home to Munster,many teams would have laid down. They fronted up,outscored Munster in the 2nd half and while they looked short of some try scoring ability,they showed good character for a team short of their big players.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

valjester wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:Munster 6 needs a word.Ref was crap but his insolence is not acceptable.We do not want to turn into soccer.

He is the captain so he is entitled to question the ref on what the decision is for. The ref got that call completely wrong imo, if he was going to card a munster player from that situation it should have been the replacement scrumhalf Duncan Williams. I thought he was a bit harsh with the cards and he could have easily gone through the match without issuing one, nevermind four. But he set the tone with the first one and the other two were consistent even though the one for a slap was ridiculous but that was the tj.

He isn't entitled to talk to the referee like he did.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

Yeah, he lost the head a bit talking to the ref.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

What did he actually say ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
valjester wrote:

He isn't entitled to talk to the referee like he did.

I was watching on sc4, so didn't hear exactly what he said, but I didn't think he said anything to outrageous going on the body language of the two. I thought he had a good game overall, he has bulked up a lot, but he gets involved in a lot of crap he shouldn't and has stuff to learn about talking to the ref but I think he'll get there.

The difference between varley and sherry is going to get bigger and bigger the more time sherry gets. He is good in the loose, seems good in the scrums, excellent from touch and doesn't give away any stupid penalties.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

He said to the referee "How am I supposed to move? How am I supposed to move?" Said it in a raised voice and insolent tone. Will need to learn to change the way he talks to the referee.

He was good tonight though I agree. Combined very well with Coughlan. What I liked is that he offered us a very good line out option.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

MBTGOG wrote:He said to the referee "How am I supposed to move? How am I supposed to move?" Said it in a raised voice and insolent tone. Will need to learn to change the way he talks to the referee.

He was good tonight though I agree. Combined very well with Coughlan. What I liked is that he offered us a very good line out option.

He is young, he'll learn. I would be frustrated with that call as well, I think it is harsh to brand it as insolence based on the tone. I agree that he has a lot too learn but sometimes I think people are overly critical on stuff like this, but as I said I didn't hear it completely and I thought there was more in it than that and that I missed something big.

Sherry and pom, hopefully along with nagle, should lead to a secure lineout for munster for the next number of years if they can step up. It would be great if sherry can come good because we are lacking a promising hooker who is safe from touch at the moment. Also from last night it appeared to be tuohy calling the lineout which is good for Ireland in the future as it will give us a good ball carrying lock who is also able to run a lineout meaning we don't have to include toner just to secure the lineout. Because as promising as nagle is he looks a few years away from being physically able.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

Did anybody hear what Tovey said to him ? they also seemed to have words.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

POM looks like he has bulked up from the last i saw him aswell

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 03 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm

valjester wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:He said to the referee "How am I supposed to move? How am I supposed to move?" Said it in a raised voice and insolent tone. Will need to learn to change the way he talks to the referee.

He is young, he'll learn. I would be frustrated with that call as well, I think it is harsh to brand it as insolence based on the tone. I agree that he has a lot too learn but sometimes I think people are overly critical on stuff like this, but as I said I didn't hear it completely and I thought there was more in it than that and that I missed something big.

Without being too dismissive, as you say, you didn't hear what he was like then you can't say I'm being harsh on that point.

If you're going to be captain, push the limits with the referee but always keep on his good side and do not shout at him. I know he is young but there is a reason he was made captain and he needs to shoulder the responsibility and shouting at the referee when the decision goes against you is not a good thing.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
valjester wrote:

Without being too dismissive, as you say, you didn't hear what he was like then you can't say I'm being harsh on that point.

If you're going to be captain, push the limits with the referee but always keep on his good side and do not shout at him. I know he is young but there is a reason he was made captain and he needs to shoulder the responsibility and shouting at the referee when the decision goes against you is not a good thing.

I heard it, I said I didn't hear because I thought I had missed him saying something else after it that I missed. I agree with your point, I just don't think it is as bad as is being made out and that calling it insolence is over egging it.

Stand; He looks huge compared to last year, and was making good yards today.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:30 am

A very mixed bag:

- Keatley was good ball in hand. I felt he let himself down a little kicking. Missed a few kicks at goal, failed to find touch from a penalty and kicked a ball out on the full.

- We have now had SIX yellow cards in two matches. Appalling discipline. This has been a problem for last 3 seasons IMO.

- Our backrow was excellent today I felt. I'd like to see Peter O'Mahony get a run at 7 as with Wallace gone we could do with him.

- I was impressed by the energy of Johne Murphy and thoroughly unimpressed by Marcus Horan.

- Lineout was good. We threw and competed well even get a clean steal. Scrum was dreadful. We are STILL trying to guess when the referee is calling engage. Its basic stuff that hasn't been addressed. I counted 3 penalties and 2 freekicks we conceded from scrums. That isn't acceptable.

- We scored two lovely tries; one with a nicely timed support run by Barnes, the other a fantastic first phase attack. However I felt our back play could have been better at times; to be fair it is hard to attack a team in the backs when you are missing men.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:21 am

red_stag & MBTGOG

Out of interest how would you rate the ref/officials tonight?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 04 Sep 2011, 1:49 am

valjester wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:

I heard it, I said I didn't hear because I thought I had missed him saying something else after it that I missed. I agree with your point, I just don't think it is as bad as is being made out and that calling it insolence is over egging it.

When I watch Muller play for Ulster, he always has a laugh and joke for the ref. Besides being a bit disrespectful its good practice to try and 'befirend' the referee if you like, maybe not if thats not your style, but don't urine him off anyway. Don't make an enemy of the ref! I think it was his youth showing. More experienced Captain would have a cooler head in that situation. They might be unhappy but wouldn't lose control. Communicating with the ref is a big part of the responsibility of being Captain.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:44 am

As a neutral, I thought the Ref was totally out of his depth. The current interpretations of the laws at scrum engage and at the breakdown are enough to challenge the best referees, but why we have to suffer such blatently inexperienced officials is beyond me.

The long drawn out: touch, pause, engage, was the cause of most of the problems at scrum time. Either get rid of this or speed it up.

The break down needs to be simplified, hopefully at the World Cup we will see some improvement and consistency in the refereeing of this area.

The cards issued in the second half were an indication that the referee had lost control of the game and were generally very harsh, and could/or should have impacted on the result.

For Munster, some good up and coming backs, I particularly liked the 15. For Dragons, a much better scrum than last season. There was a lot of talk last season about Gustafson, but Price can scrummage! This will help them compete in the big games as the season goes on.

I accept that these Itallian Refs need experience, but this needs to be, initially through the Semi Pro game. Let them develop their skills and empathy with the game, before imposing them on the paying public at major professional games.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:56 am

I dont know if POM would have been my choice for Captain. He always looks like there is a bit of vitriol on the tip of his tongue. He is an abrasive wee bollix though and you dont want him to lose that edge. Looks a beast compared to the last time i saw him.

I only saw about half of the game but i agree with Stag re Horan. He couldnt take the hit in the scrums i saw.

There are always going to be complaints at this level. Officials arent great and you have to take them out of the equation really. On Friday Ulster had a rolling maul that had gone some 20 metres. The glasgow number 18 then came steaming through closer to the back of the maul than the side and took it down. I saw this from the far side of the ground and the ref who was beside it did nothing. I was incredulous at the time but then i remembered it is par for the course in this league. You need to do enough as a team so that you wont bemoan the refs decisions come 80mins

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

Standulstermen wrote:I dont know if POM would have been my choice for Captain. He always looks like there is a bit of vitriol on the tip of his tongue. He is an abrasive wee bollix though and you dont want him to lose that edge. Looks a beast compared to the last time i saw him.

I only saw about half of the game but i agree with Stag re Horan. He couldnt take the hit in the scrums i saw.

There are always going to be complaints at this level. Officials arent great and you have to take them out of the equation really. On Friday Ulster had a rolling maul that had gone some 20 metres. The glasgow number 18 then came steaming through closer to the back of the maul than the side and took it down. I saw this from the far side of the ground and the ref who was beside it did nothing. I was incredulous at the time but then i remembered it is par for the course in this league. You need to do enough as a team so that you wont bemoan the refs decisions come 80mins

I actually thought the ref had a decent enough game, besides the yellows, and at least with the yellows he was consistent. The one for varley got for a slap was ridiculous but that was the tj who called that.

On POM, I think he will make a good captain, he still has things to learn but he has captained every side he has played for so far and I thought for the most part he did well last night. There is stuff to be improved on but he is a much better option than leamy or rog have been in the past, and he will learn as he goes on.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

I think that the Dragons have unearthed a gem in Mike Poole. He is a barnstorming player. I think the Dragons will surprise a lot of teams this year and will be extremely difficult to beat at home. The Dragons could sneak a playoff place this year in my opinion.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

[quote="valjester"][quote="Standulstermen"]I dont know if POM would have been my choice for Captain. He always looks like there is a bit of vitriol on the tip of his tongue. He is an abrasive wee bollix though and you dont want him to lose that edge. Looks a beast compared to the last time i saw him.

There are always going to be complaints at this level. Officials arent great and you have to take them out of the equation really. On Friday Ulster had a rolling maul that had gone some 20 metres. The glasgow number 18 then came steaming through closer to the back of the maul than the side and took it down. I saw this from the far side of the ground and the ref who was beside it did nothing. I was incredulous at the time but then i remembered it is par for the course in this league. You need to do enough as a team so that you wont bemoan the refs decisions come 80mins[/quote]

I actually thought the ref had a decent enough game, besides the yellows, and at least with the yellows he was consistent. The one for varley got for a slap was ridiculous but that was the tj who called that.

On POM, I think he will make a good captain, he still has things to learn but he has captained every side he has played for so far and I thought for the most part he did well last night. There is stuff to be improved on but he is a much better option than leamy or rog have been in the past, and he will learn as he goes on.[/quote]

How can you say the ref had a good match! He completly ruined the second half with the amount of times he used his whisle. Could have been a much better game but for him.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=499901808

Only S4C could be stupid enough to put half the game on their catch up section... Erm
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

O'Mahoney will make a good captain and I'm glad he's getting the experience now. He will learn from this but even more important, isn't it good just to see him starting and playing.

We've had a dearth in quality of back rowers coming through for quite a while now but he could just be the first of a new batch.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Can only be thankful the Dragons didn't concede more. They could have been stuffed judging by the poor quality of tackling, an area which continues to be found wanting in at least 2 out of 4 regions.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-bryns-attitude Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

i enjoyed the game,i thought the dragons deserved to come away with a point,they fronted up well,in previous seasons they probably would have fell away in the second half and lost heavily,munster were well worth the win but i think the dragons will finish in the top half of the pro 12 this year.

mr-bryns-attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

mr-bryns-attitude wrote:i enjoyed the game,i thought the dragons deserved to come away with a point,they fronted up well,in previous seasons they probably would have fell away in the second half and lost heavily,munster were well worth the win but i think the dragons will finish in the top half of the pro 12 this year.

I agree, I will also say that the Dragons have pushed on Faletau, Lydiate, and Tovey, they seem to have a hell of a lot of talent in their academy, judging by their performance against Leeds, so hopefully a few more diamonds might appear as we see more of them this season.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

I thought the first half was very enjoyable. A mix of indiscipline, pedantic refereeing and just plain up inadequate play ruined the second half.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Munster could well have done a lot better in the second half If they had not got those yellow cards a bonus point would have been a really possiblity for us.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-bryns-attitude Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:20 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Munster could well have done a lot better in the second half If they had not got those yellow cards a bonus point would have been a really possiblity for us.

the coach may well have told his players the same,only in a slightly different way. furious censored steam steam Yikes Shocked furious steam steam

mr-bryns-attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by jb1973 Sun 04 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

100% AGREE, the guy was way too abrasive to the ref, hopefully we won;t see it again

jb1973

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:35 am

[quote="jb1973"]

100% AGREE, the guy was way too abrasive to the ref, hopefully we won;t see it again

Sunday Times gave POM motm today.

MBTGOG - you didn't answer my question - what did you (& Red Stag) think of the ref's performance?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:07 am

red_stag wrote:A very mixed bag:

- Keatley was good ball in hand. I felt he let himself down a little kicking. Missed a few kicks at goal, failed to find touch from a penalty and kicked a ball out on the full.

We have now had SIX yellow cards in two matches. Appalling discipline. This has been a problem for last 3 seasons IMO. Our backrow was excellent today I felt. I'd like to see Peter O'Mahony get a run at 7 as with Wallace gone we could do with him.

- I was impressed by the energy of Johne Murphy and thoroughly unimpressed by Marcus Horan.

- Lineout was good. We threw and competed well even get a clean steal. Scrum was dreadful. We are STILL trying to guess when the referee is calling engage. Its basic stuff that hasn't been addressed. I counted 3 penalties and 2 freekicks we conceded from scrums. That isn't acceptable.

- We scored two lovely tries; one with a nicely timed support run by Barnes, the other a fantastic first phase attack. However I felt our back play could have been better at times; to be fair it is hard to attack a team in the backs when you are missing men.

Errm no. I beg to differ. Ye have been getting away with it for 15 years. Its only now its being cracked down on. Far too many camera-angles now. Sheet refs and assistants in the PRO12 run against it, but even they - cant miss it.

Time to change. Is it time for NZ to be found out also? Looked like it when Oz beat them. Barnes was brilliant. More!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 05 Sep 2011, 7:51 am

Gibson wrote:

We have now had SIX yellow cards in two matches. Appalling discipline. This has been a problem for last 3 seasons IMO. Our backrow was excellent today I felt. I'd like to see Peter O'Mahony get a run at 7 as with Wallace gone we could do with him.

Errm no. I beg to differ. Ye have been getting away with it for 15 years. Its only now its being cracked down on. Far too many camera-angles now. Sheet refs and assistants in the PRO12 run against it, but even they - cant miss it.

Time to change. Is it time for NZ to be found out also? Looked like it when Oz beat them. Barnes was brilliant. More!

I suppose it will be soon so that refs learn that Leinster are ahead of the offside line a lot? Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:31 am

Watched most of game yesterday, gutted we didn't get at least a losing BP especially when they were down to 13.

Poole looked good on the wing and Adam Jones proved that Welsh 2nd rows can win their own ball.

As have said before still think we need to strenghthen front row but with the likes of Charrterris, Lydiate and Faletau to come back we should at least hold our own and be competitive up front.

need to start getting at least losing BPs when they are available especially away from home.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Thomond wrote:
Gibson wrote:

I suppose it will be soon so that refs learn that Leinster are ahead of the offside line a lot? Wink

The offside line is where we say it is Wink

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

I only caught bits of this game but I was very impressed with Coughlin. Ronin looked to have had a good game too for Munster. I thought Stringer looked sharp too and Keatley looked classy with the ball.

Both Barnes and Mafi scored very good trys. How do people feel they went overall? Does Barnes have international potential? Hes seems to know where the try line is anyway.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

Bedford, Adam Jones looks a different player this season, much more athletic than I remember.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

Hi all,

Poole looks a nice player. Him and Brew are a pair of very abrasive wingers.

Sin regarding the ref, he wasn't actually that poor, just very pedantic and showed a lack of empathy for the game. Quite hard to argue against any calls he made - by letter of the law he was correct.

But a better referee would have had the teams in no uncertain terms where they stood. O'Mahonys yellow card was bizarre and came from nowhere; the others were fine no complaints.

I think Munsty said it earlier, it wasn't that he didn't know how to ref, rather he knew a little too well.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:56 am

lp,

I agree and whilst old Sidoli is a bit like marmite I still think he adds that bit of experience there.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

roddersm wrote:I only caught bits of this game but I was very impressed with Coughlin. Ronin looked to have had a good game too for Munster. I thought Stringer looked sharp too and Keatley looked classy with the ball.

Both Barnes and Mafi scored very good trys. How do people feel they went overall? Does Barnes have international potential? Hes seems to know where the try line is anyway.

I'd be amazed if Barnes made it internationally. Maybe a few caps when there's injuries or a Lions tour but I think the likes of Spence, McFadden, Earls and maybe Cave will see more gametime than him at 13.

Showing signs of being an excellent squad player. Its early days yet.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

What about Mafi Stag? He seems to have found his mojo again beside Barnes. When does his current contract run to.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

I like Mafi, always have really. I think he's limited in many ways but is an asset at club level. Yes he has got a bit of form again and I think will have a good season. He's been at Munster quite a while - he has over 100 caps for Munster and been here now 5 years.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Sorry I meant is he coming to the end of his contract or is his long/medium term future secured at Munster? I know theres been a lot of talk of Munster signing a new centre.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:12 am

red_stag wrote:Hi all,

Poole looks a nice player. Him and Brew are a pair of very abrasive wingers.

Sin regarding the ref, he wasn't actually that poor, just very pedantic and showed a lack of empathy for the game. Quite hard to argue against any calls he made - by letter of the law he was correct.

But a better referee would have had the teams in no uncertain terms where they stood. O'Mahonys yellow card was bizarre and came from nowhere; the others were fine no complaints.

I think Munsty said it earlier, it wasn't that he didn't know how to ref, rather he knew a little too well.

I'd disagree with your (& Munsty's) last point. I'd say he knew the rules well, but didn't know how to ref.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next