The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Hook should stand his ground

+14
iso
glamorganalun
bedfordwelsh
Shifty
deadfred
RubyGuby
gavstar
flyhalffactory
samuraidragon
dogtooth
Luckless Pedestrian
Seagultaf
Cymroglan
maestegmafia
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

James Hook should stand his ground  - Page 2 Empty JPR's thoughts on the Welsh Backline...!

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:13 am

First topic message reminder :

JPRs thoughts with regards to James Hook at 15

"It's a different ball-game attacking from full-back than it is from midfield," said Williams. "I think he's a 10 or 12 - I always have done.

"If I was him I would stand up and say 'I'm not going to play full-back'."

"Byrne hasn't played well over the last two seasons," said Williams, widely regarded as Wales' greatest full-back.

"It's hard to believe that two years ago he was one of the best full-backs in the world. He hasn't shown that form for a couple of years.

"I thought Leigh Halfpenny played very well and effectively won the game against Samoa.

"The one thing I do know is the one thing the Welsh selectors don't seem to know is that James Hook is not a full-back. I think everybody in Wales will tell you that.

"He's not comfortable under the high ball. He's out of position. It's a very difficult position and you can be exposed very easily.

"I'm very surprised that [Wales] keep picking him at full-back."

And thoughts on Tavis Knoyle

"Mike Phillips is still very slow in getting the ball out," added the former 1971 and 1974 Lions star.

"I think we've got to play the game at pace - that's why we lost against South Africa. The last 20 minutes we should have made changes and brought on some fresh legs.

"Knoyle should have been there to get the ball out wide because South Africa were out on their legs.

"We are better when we move the ball."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

James Hook should stand his ground  - Page 2 Empty Re: James Hook should stand his ground

Post by rugbyfan Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:To go back to your original question

Every person has a right to refuse work............. whether that person will get a chance to work again is another thing.

You do know that anti-establishment "minto" JPR bangs his Bridgend drum every year usually the same topic............... and yes we shan't go into that centre pairing history shall we, much too painful

No I didn't! But I do now..... Very Happy

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

James Hook should stand his ground  - Page 2 Empty Re: James Hook should stand his ground

Post by gavstar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:06 pm

hook was a star at 7's rugby. his alley runs in the 15 game, miracle passes etc .etc .show he hasn't developed his skills in the 15 game. so many more posters are now seeing hook as our coverall bencher instead of first choice at any number.
why hasnt a talented player been coached properly? how many more 'talented' players are victims of the coaching system?

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2