The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New shoes for the summer

+8
sharrison01
oldshanker
Maverick
K@S
Rossa
DesertRat
goldwolf
drive4show
12 posters

Go down

New shoes for the summer Empty New shoes for the summer

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm

Just purchased a pair of Footjoy LoPro's for the summer. For some reason, I really seem to be struggling to find comfortable golf shoes. All I want is a bit of comfort at a decent price. Anyway, spotted a guy selling these for £50 on ebay so not shelled out too much cash.

I know there are many fans on here of Footjoy and Adidas but anyone else had any experiences (good or bad) of some of the lesser brands that they'd like to share? My previous summer shoes are Eccos's, worst £150 I have ever spent on golf equipment! Soles, split, sent them back, 2nd pair split in the same place, constant rubbing across the top of my right toes. Got through two pairs last summer and they have been shocking. Their customer service department didn't want to know, told me they had no legal obligation to replace them it was down to the retailer. Very very poor advert for what are meant to be an upmarket manufacturer!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

New shoes for the summer Empty Re: New shoes for the summer

Post by goldwolf Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

Best shoes comfort wise I've had so far are HiTech, just worn them out so need a new pair myself. Have you seen the new Mizuno ones out D4S?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertRat Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

Onto my 3rd pair of Eccos now and never had a problem with them to be honest all pairs have taken a bit of breaking in but after a couple of rounds they have been faultess, have had footjoys and Adidas in the past and to be honest they were ok as well but now just seem to prefer the fit of the Eccos.

DesertRat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:27 pm

I'm a footjoy man, but i am considering some adidias ones... i think they look better with shorts... Anybody had both? How do they compare?
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:35 pm

Hi Goldy

Yeah, there is a big Nevada Bob's right across from my office, saw them in there yesterday. They had one style that was totally plain in either white or black, not sure about that style. The other style had big bouncy cut outs in the heels and more 'trainer' style, they looked quite cool but bit more than I was looking to pay. Are you thinking of getting a pair?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertRat Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:36 pm

Rossa wrote:I'm a footjoy man, but i am considering some adidias ones... i think they look better with shorts... Anybody had both? How do they compare?

Think my old Adidas tour 360's look ok with shorts, but can't remember last time I played golf in the UK with shorts!!!

DesertRat

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertRat Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:41 pm

drive4show wrote:Hi Goldy

Yeah, there is a big Nevada Bob's right across from my office, saw them in there yesterday. They had one style that was totally plain in either white or black, not sure about that style. The other style had big bouncy cut outs in the heels and more 'trainer' style, they looked quite cool but bit more than I was looking to pay. Are you thinking of getting a pair?

D4S are these the ones?

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/clothing/shoes/mp-leather/

I like the look of them, but having just looked at the price not sure i like them as much now! Sad

DesertRat

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

DesertRat wrote:

D4S are these the ones?

I like the look of them, but having just looked at the price not sure i like them as much now! Sad

That's the babies! The white ones looked a bit girly, black ones are better though.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

New shoes for the summer Empty Re;New Shoes for the Summer

Post by K@S Wed 09 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

DesertRat wrote:

D4S are these the ones?

not sure I see the point in being able to set the spikes to a draw or bias layout and how that would impact longterm on your balance under normal walking conditions.

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 09 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

I like the black ones but like you say they are a bit expensive. The stability trainer type ones are on direct golf site for £79.20 at the moment.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

Goldy

That sounds like a decent price, Nevada Bobs are asking £99.95 for the privilige of owning a pair mad

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

Used footjoys for years! Converted to Adidas about 6years ago and will never change after a brief flirt in the middle (3years ago ish) with Eccos hated them tore my feet to pieces and fell apart, back to the adidas after 2months and staying with them

Do fabulous shoes for all conditions and by far the best looking with shorts

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:00 pm

I'm a Footjoy AQL man and being as how I very, very seldom inflict my legs on anyone, I do not care what they look like with shorts. Speedos, now that's another story altogether. laughing

Seriously though, I find the AQL's are comfortable in all seasons and weathers, so recommend them highly and they also come in a wide fitting which I need.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Have and have had both Adidas and Footjoy. Adidas are great for wearing with shorts, up the range and on more "accepting" golf courses with regards to golf attire. If I'm playing a private or more prestigious club I always go with the Footjoy's as they look so much smarter.

As far as comfort and performance, I have found Adidas to be more comfortable much like a pair of trainers but Footjoy to offer better stability and took a few rounds to wear in.

Looks-wise, it depends on what sort of clothing you usually wear. Smart Footjoys don't look right with more casual clothes and casual Adidas' don't feel right with smarter clothes. Either are great though...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:44 am

Mmmm

Thanks for the fj/adidas feedback.

At the moment i have 2 pairs of dryjoy classics, black for winter/White-brown saddles for summer...

Will probably get another season out of both but may go for some adidas ones if i see them at a decent price. Anyone seen any for <£75?
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:51 am

Sports Direct doing deals on Adidas shoes at moment, just bought a pair of white in the sale for £29.99 reduced from 70 quid, they have several types for under 70quid in the adidas range, didn't even need them but couldn't let the bargain pass me by

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:39 am

adidas are teh best shoes I think...

And direct golf usually have a decent deal going on.

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_shoes/adidas/#filter

Powerband 3 shoes for undr 75 quid. Not bad that.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:32 am

I bought a pair of Ram shoes at Sports Direct.com.

They are waterproof shoes - similar to FJ Dryjoys, so maybe not what you want for the summer, but they are very good. Waterproof, smart, seem to be hard wearing and only £35.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 11 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm

My feet are quite wide and given that they expand when hot (especially in the summer) inevitably end up having to buy a size larger. Have used Footjoy in the past but thinking of switching to Adidas because I've heard they tend to be a bit wider. Otherwise you end up walking around with crippled feet and the Nadia Commaneztch look is unlikely to make a come-back anytime soon. Ok!
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Fri 11 Mar 2011, 1:19 pm

i had to think long and hard when remembering how old my shoes are ????

i am embarrased to say......

footjoy dryjoys in black are 6 years old
hi tec in white ( when the shorts get an airing) 5 years old
footjoy aqualites in black and white 7 years old
addidas 360 in blck and yellow are 4 year old

i still use all of them and look after them......but should think bout a new pair this season.

Erm

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down