The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars

+21
Waingro
Imperial Ghosty
coxy0001
ShahenshahG
Steffan
cave_man_KO
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
TopHat24/7
djlovesyou
azania
Bob
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Captain Lucas
oxring
88Chris05
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars - Page 2 Empty Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This is what he said during the Rios/Murray fight. He said that Brits aren't used to being in those type of fights... Having to dig deep do you agree with this comment? Considering I don't think there's much difference between us and Americans being in fights in how often our fighters have to dig deep in compared to theres I think this is a bit of a daft comment.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars

Post by coxy0001 Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:37 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Captain Lucas wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:He's never watched a Eubank or Benn fight then. Or Hatton. Or Froch. Or JC. Or, oh god i can't be arrissed to go on.

Another American who should have his mouth sown shut.

Which British fighter has been involved in a REAL war like: Marquez v Vasquez, Gatti v Ward, Ali v Frazier, Robinson v LaMotta, Barrera v Morales , Corrales v Castillo, Hagler v Hearns? Of course Brits have been involves in tough scraps but nothing like REAL wars.

Take the Mexicans out that list and what are you left with.

No Mexicans?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: Emmanuel Steward: Brits Aren't Used To Being In Wars

Post by oxring Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

Laugh

In fairness Lucas - you've just named 7 all time great fights - almost every one of which was a FOTY or at the very least a FOTY candidate.

Funnily enough - British title fights seldom make it into that category.

You're comparing apples with oranges. Might as well ask why no NBA/NSAC titles are ever FOTY or "wars".
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:43 am

coxy0001 wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:
Captain Lucas wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:He's never watched a Eubank or Benn fight then. Or Hatton. Or Froch. Or JC. Or, oh god i can't be arrissed to go on.

Another American who should have his mouth sown shut.

Which British fighter has been involved in a REAL war like: Marquez v Vasquez, Gatti v Ward, Ali v Frazier, Robinson v LaMotta, Barrera v Morales , Corrales v Castillo, Hagler v Hearns? Of course Brits have been involves in tough scraps but nothing like REAL wars.

Take the Mexicans out that list and what are you left with.

No Mexicans?

Correct thumbsup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

There are far too many premature stoppages in the UK. The UK has become a joke in that respect. You don't get too many Wars as refs are far too ready to call a halt.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Khan - Maidana.
Haye - Mormeck, Fragomeni, Thompson.
Hatton - Tsyzu.

What nonsense.

Khan - Maidana and Haye - Mormeck weren't Wars. Khan has never been in any rough fight.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

Khan Maidana?! He took an absolute battering in the 10th and it was a tough hard fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

Manny Steward is not talking through his mouth.

Benn v McCellan was one of the biggest and most brutal wars I've ever seen. If that wasn't a boxing war, I'd hate to think what is!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

without trying to take this too far into an ethics debate, there is no doubt that parts of western europe, including the UK, are far more health conscious than other parts of the world, central america included. so the likelyhood of a domestic war in the UK is much less likely than mexico

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 09 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

Lennox Lewix vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Manny Stewart was in Lennox's corner for that one, I'd call that fight a war. In terms of damage done to both fighters... it was pretty back and forth.

There's a load others I could mention, but in the context of what Manny is saying (that Briths aren't used to wars) - Surely it' down to the individual who is in the ring?

I wouldn't say that Mayweather is USED to wars because he doesn't allow himself to get in one. Where as someone like Froch used to willingly accept "warrior-trench-warfare".

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 1:35 pm

School Project wrote:Lennox Lewix vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Manny Stewart was in Lennox's corner for that one, I'd call that fight a war. In terms of damage done to both fighters... it was pretty back and forth.

There's a load others I could mention, but in the context of what Manny is saying (that Briths aren't used to wars) - Surely it' down to the individual who is in the ring?

I wouldn't say that Mayweather is USED to wars because he doesn't allow himself to get in one. Where as someone like Froch used to willingly accept "warrior-trench-warfare".
Have you got a Eubank lisp?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 09 Dec 2011, 1:41 pm

Haha, nicely pointed out Alex.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2