The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

+65
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Biltong
nganboy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Sin é
caoimhincentre
Agnoo1
asoreleftshoulder
flynnnio
valjester
The Great Aukster
slartibartfast
mystiroakey
Smirnoffpriest
geoff998rugby
MMC
RubyGuby
Gibson
Notch
Messymesina
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Ozzy3213
GunsGerms
glamorganalun
gowales
funnyExiledScot
miteyironpaw
RuggerRadge2611
Shane_Williams
Breadvan
Effervescing Elephant
BlueNote
Glas a du
J_D
dogtooth
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
Taffineastbourne
Pal Joey
mankiaow
Casartelli
Cari
Artful_Dodger
Cymroglan
Gatts
SecretFly
Comfort
Thomond
bedfordwelsh
Morgannwg
munkian
eirebilly
Pot Hale
Standulstermen
Feckless Rogue
TycroesOsprey
wales606
rodders
Rory_Gallagher
kiakahaaotearoa
RuckingFlanker86
Knowsit17
ME-109
maestegmafia
69 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Who do you think will be the Winner...???

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_lcap70%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 76 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_lcap28%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 31 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_lcap2%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 109

Poll closed

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Empty Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ireland Six Nations 2012 Squad

15 -Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) Captain
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 -Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
19 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

WALES SQUAD

BACKS

Scrumhalf
Mike PHILLIPS (BAYONNE)
Lloyd WILLIAMS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys WEBB (OSPREYS)

Flyhalf
Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS)
James HOOK (PERPIGNAN)

Centre 3/4s
Jamie ROBERTS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS)
Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS)
Gavin HENSON (CARDIFF BLUES)
Ashley BECK (OSPREYS – Uncapped)

Wing 3/4s
George NORTH (SCARLETS)
Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES)
Alex CUTHBERT (CARDIFF BLUES)
Harry ROBINSON (CARDIFF BLUES)

Fullbacks
Liam WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Uncapped)
Lee BYRNE (ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE)

FORWARDS

Tightheads
Craig MITCHELL (EXETER CHIEFS)
Adam JONES (OSPREYS)

Looseheads
Ryan BEVINGTON (OSPREYS)
Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys GILL (SARACENS)

Adaptable to both sides of the Scrum
Paul JAMES (OSPREYS)
Rhodri JONES (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Hookers
Matthew REES (SCARLETS)
Huw BENNETT (OSPREYS)
Ken OWENS (SCARLETS)

Locks
Bradley DAVIES (BLUES)
Ian EVANS (OSPREYS)
Lou REED (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Back Five Option
Ryan JONES (OSPREYS)

Blindside Flank Forward
Dan LYDIATE (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS)

Openside Flank Forward
Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN)
Justin TIPURIC (OSPREYS)

Number 8s
Toby FALETAU (Dragons)
Andy POWELL (Sale)

Its a month away, just 31 days to the opening game for Wales and Ireland. The excitement of the start of the tournament is as thrilling as it has ever been. I think we are hoping that both sides will show some of the new talent on display in the HEC given their chances at International level. A mix of experience blended in well to temper the exuberance of youth when it is needed.

How do the teams match up historically?

First ever Ireland vs Wales was at Lansdowne Road, Dublin on the 28th of January 1882.

Ireland nil – 2G, 4T Wales
Try: Evans
Bridie
Clapp
Baker Jones

Con: Lewis (2)

The winning result for Wales was their first ever victory in International Rugby. Since then the two Nations have played for the following results.

117 Played 117
47 Wins 64
64 Losses 47
6 Draws 6
164 Tries 201
85 Conversions 98
131 Penalties 126
21 Drop Goals 33
1227 Points 1353
39.66% Success Rate 54.31%

Last meeting was in the Quarter Finals of the RWC 2011. Wales were victorious in a classic encounter. Both nations fielded exceptionally good teams that had done well in their previous pool matches.

The game previous was in the 2011 Six Nations with another win for Wales, controversial due to the try that should not have been allowed scored by Mike Phillips.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 am; edited 12 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
roddersm wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
roddersm wrote:If both sides go out with similar players and tactics to the last time then Wales will win comfortably. The last meeting wasn't close at all and Wales could have won by even more.

Kidney will have to come up with a better game plan than in the RWC. If as it looks we will be going in with a midfield of D'arcy and Earls then Wales will batter us I think.

The only way I see us winning is if we dominate Wales up front but bar in the lineout, I can't see that happening if their front row and back row are fit.

Wales by 7- 12 points unfortunately.

Our backrow will dominate Wales this time I feel. Our pack in general will. It is our back-line who will need to add the spark. I am not sure they will.

I don't think our pack will dominate at all. Wales showed in the RWC that they have a better scrum when Jones and Jenkins are fit and they had no problem dealing with the ball carrying of our backrow which is what Ireland's game plan has revolved around recently. The lineout is the one area were our pack is superior.

Wales delt with the arial threat of Bowe and O'Gara's kicks to the corner easliy enough so I don't really see where we will threathen them.

By contrast I don't believe that a midfield containing any combination of D'arcy, Earls, McFadden or Paddy Wallace will be able to hold Roberts, North, Davies so I can't see a different result than the last time.

The only difference that I can see is that we won't underestimate Wales the way we did in the RWC. I think we need to accept that as a team they are better than us now and unless we find something extra or do something different against them then we will struggle. From the post match comments in the RWC Wales neither fear us or particularly respect us and we need to earn that respect back.

As the signs are that Kidney won't be making many changes from the RWC its hard to see how we will over come the 10-12 point deficit we lost by in NZ. I hope I am proved wrong but I think Gatland and Wales have our number right now.

some more. laughing

Jayazuz Rodders, take a happy-pill man. Its Wales FFS, not NZ. We beat them for sport. Yeah Kidney is a problem. Our biggest. But if he loses this, its a downward-spiral. For him and the players.

I will repeat. No matter about individual players and the RWC - its irrelevant in this context.

If we lose this, I'll bring my Hookers over from Amsterdam and ye are all guaranteed a blow-job.

And I HATE sharing my bitches.

Ireland by min 15. I reckon 20/25. As ye are 2nd division English anyway, it will be a doddle. We just need to see WHITE instead of Red.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 19 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

maestegmafia wrote:O'Gara, has that ability to close teams out if they have the lead in the last quarter... We hope our fitness levels are at the same level as the RWC. THe guys were only in poland for a week, not two like the pre RWC warm ups.

It's mid season. Fitness surely won't be a factor for either team. Cohesion is the key. Which team will fire on all cylinders, produce less mistakes and be the most clinical.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 pm

I keep forgetting that we will be missing AWJ and Charteris's workrate at the breakdown - as well as the mighty Gethin Jenkins.

Makes me less optimistic, neither BD or Ian Evans are the same. In fact, Im starting to think Ryan Jones should start in the 2nd row somewhere... :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:
SecretFly wrote:France is our most serious game

I think we should concentrate on the Welsh first. I think we got to used to beating them in the 00's and we started to take them for granted. They're better now. Much more dangerous. And if we aren't on top of our game they'll hand us our arses on a plate. Like they showed us in the RWC.

I think we should concentrate on France, whilst of course planning to beat Wales. I think we should have concentrated on France a long time ago instead of getting dragged into this local warfare of the 'home' nations. And all the while, the outsiders sneer at the 'domestic' spats between the Anglos and Celts and prepare themselves away from the glare of any of that.

Our main rivals have been the French, they've stopped us in our tracks too many times and I think we have all too often sunk into the mindset that they are the exotic ones and well, if you play well against them, that's a bonus. No, it's a loss. And Irish mentality has to change when playing them or the dreams of SH victories can just float into another century. We have our own 'SH' side here in Europe and, despite how others might claim the prize - France are it. They are both top dogs and should be the side that is planned for and hunted most eagerly.

I know what you're saying, Feckless. And it'd be a dumb Irish guy who expressed no caution about Wales. But no, I just don't agree anymore with this 'one game at a time' mantra that will be expressed time and time again in the coming days and weeks. It's been done before, believed in before and has been unsuccessful too many times. It's what gives us our annual Italy game. Play the team in front of you - forget the overviews.

No - one campaign at a time is my view. Think of it as a campaign - and for us, that usually means France as our banana skin. So plan for them with precision from the very off. Our concept of them as part of a Six Nations campaign is just too remote. They're always too far off the radar.

My sentiments exactly. The Welsh, The Scottish, The Italians and the English. We beat them regularly in the 6-N. Get the Welsh out of the way and all roads lead to Paris. I want them. BAD.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Gibson chillax man zen , that post was from few weeks ago..you're preaching to the converted ....I've got my Ireland GS champions 2012 T-Shirt and mug ordered already sir! Leprechaun
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Ireland have only beaten Wales once this decade. And I counted 2010 just to be kind

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Sobering thought init Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

It is a sobering thought indeed...mind you if we win once more we'll have equalled Wales number of victories over Ireland in the previous decade Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Yes it's hard to imagine how poor Wales played at times in the last decade but when we decided to put any effort into it we won two GS,
I believe we have a far better mindset these days complacency will not get us results.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Happy days, Wales have been underperforming for years..keep yer powder dry and we can both push each other on to new levels at regional/provincial and national level. No reason why we both can't dominate for years to come.

Best of luck for the tournament guinness.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 pm

well the early noughties were a write off remember the old "performance not results" mantra? it still makes me angry since we performed like muppets and lost. I do wonder how All Blacks fans will react if Hansen tries that with them, a lynch mob perhaps. At least we can rely on the All Blacks lineout falling apart.

Since 2005 its been a lot better 4 wins each. Maybe if we had a coach in 06-07 instead of some fraggle whose idea of an international second row was Will James it would have been different then as well.

looking back its simply astounding how badly prepared, poorly motivated and ill disciplined the 2005 champions became in 06-07.

Since 08 we are ahead 3- 2 so results are improving as Wales get better and Irelands golden generation are put out to seed.

Irish fans were fed on a glut of victories in the early noughties, they havent adjusted to how the times have changed.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:28 pm

wales606 wrote:I keep forgetting that we will be missing AWJ and Charteris's workrate at the breakdown - as well as the mighty Gethin Jenkins.

Makes me less optimistic, neither BD or Ian Evans are the same. In fact, Im starting to think Ryan Jones should start in the 2nd row somewhere... :/

A smart Welshman. How de phhoke did you get in here? We have rules. Zey vil be obeyed ja? Ale

Nobody knows what going to go down on Sunday. A game takes on its own life in the heat of things. I just pray its Wales who go down. And de Mrs after it. OK

Believe/Credu.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Ireland have only beaten Wales once this decade. And I counted 2010 just to be kind

Youré a bad lad P. Really. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:30 pm

Now now tryoes, no using the coach as an excuse...we've got Declan Kidney remember..... Wink ......and before that EOS...jeebus its a miracle we ever beat anyone Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
DOD wrote:
Is asoreleftshoulder around....he continues to beat his head against the wall even when he loses the argument...I dont think he realises that once he has lost the argument he should just give up instead of repeating himself constantly... Rolling Eyes angel

Which argument have I lost,I've clearly refuted you're half baked attempt at debate by addressing your points and pointing out the flaws in them.You then stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalala and think that you have made some witticism worthy of Oscar Wilde.

Please make a post that addresses any of the arguments I made and I'll point out where you are wrong again tomorrow as I'm logging off for the night now.

ASLS.... If only you could actually make some factual points instead of trying to forensically disect each statement or repeating the same arguement despite being proven incorrect. Have a cuppa

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Jeebus DOD! Right on cue sir! do you get a wee notification every time Kidneys name is mentioned?? Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Gibson wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Ireland have only beaten Wales once this decade. And I counted 2010 just to be kind

Youré a bad lad P. Really. Ale

You know me well Ale

On that note I'm going to have my 40zzz Night all

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm

roddersm wrote:Now now tryoes, no using the coach as an excuse...we've got Declan Kidney remember..... Wink ......and before that EOS...jeebus its a miracle we ever beat anyone Shocked

Rodders you dont know how lucky you were to have EoS instead of Hansen or GJ. I mean for starters he had all the good work that Gatland had put in creating the team. I dont think Declan is abad coach at all but I think his hands have been tied a bit by the IRFU and that has led to a conservative approach. When I can understand what he is saying in interviews he sounds pretty knowledgable.

Hansen vomit thumbsdown furious Doh

Jenkins Headscratch Shocked steam Tumbleweed

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Ex Welsh SLAM winner and now Irish U20 Coach, Ruddock OK

Puts it all in perspective really.

I reckon Deccie should be a Politician. He can talk for hours and says phhokall meaningful. People think that's clever and cute. As a pro BS'r - I dont. I think its cowardice. Fear of honesty, and blind loyalty, gets us and our team - nowhere.

Id love to hear him say "Look would ye ever phhoke off! Im busy building a team here. Ok, its with the same players and with no game plan, but... its all I know. And Im doing my best "

Id admire him more for that.

I refuse to listen to his interviews anymore. Its... weel its just sad.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 am

Rudock is a fine coach and would do a great job for Ireland I think. His problems with Wales were not on the pitch. There were a number of players who were constantly on the phone to Hansen complaining about his methods and Hansens relationship with them was regarded as toxic by Mike, He also had to put up with Scott the Knife who he didnt appoint but couldnt get rid of. Another who would stir things up again with Hansen involved on the phone. My god on one occasion when Johnson and Ruddock were arguing about tactics and selection Hansen was alledged to have been on the speakerphone listening in.

There was also Mikes alledged philandering and the WRU's utter lack of support for their coach. The WRU allowed the situation with the players to get worse leading to Alfies scrum V appearance with Butler which was car crash viewing. Ruddock was well out of it and it took another two years before our players got any sort of discipline re-imposed on them. Hansen wasnt likely to stick his ore in with Gatts as I think Gatland would have got on a plane flown home and chinned him.

The more I dwell on it the more I worry for NZ now that have Hansen in charge.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 am

Kidney coaches teams to play crap rugby. He'd be a good Scotland or Italy coach. He was perfect for us under the ELVs in '09. Thank god for the game of rugby that boring style has been left behind, with the rule changes. But unfortunately it has left Ireland with a coach who has no idea how to get a good attacking game from a rugby team. The concept has always been completely foreign to him. He is from Munster after all. He's clueless. The class of players he has at his disposal makes Ireland's results look even worse.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:31 am

We need inspiration. And there's only ONE man for de job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:09 am

I have said a few times.
With Hansen as coach I expect us to lose to Ireland.
A DARRRRKKKKKK day for NZ rugby.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 am

Gibson wrote:We need inspiration. And there's only ONE man for de job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Believe.

Jesus Christ, I nearly brought my breakfast up there.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:58 am

so boys, you have been building up for the past month to this game.

Have any of you reached a consensus?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 am

Bil

I think Ireland have the makings of a great side, all their best players of the season are fit and playing well, bar BOD. But they will find a worthy replacement, they can't hang on to him forever.

Ireland are clear favourites for this, but Wales are a handy bunch as you well know from the BOK being only a point or two better than Wales in most recent games.

This should be the best match of the weekend I advise you find it on Cable in SA and have a good watch.

Plenty of history stirring the fires.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

I've been out of the loop for the past month or so but I'm guessing dk will announce

Healy-best-Ross
Poc-Ryan
Ferris-heaslip-sob
Murray-sexton
Darcy-earls
Trimble-Kearney-Bowe

Court-Cronin-doc-Henry-reddan-rog-mcfadden

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 am

maestegmafia wrote:Bil

I think Ireland have the makings of a great side, all their best players of the season are fit and playing well, bar BOD. But they will find a worthy replacement, they can't hang on to him forever.

Ireland are clear favourites for this, but Wales are a handy bunch as you well know from the BOK being only a point or two better than Wales in most recent games.

This should be the best match of the weekend I advise you find it on Cable in SA and have a good watch.

Plenty of history stirring the fires.

Yeah, mate, we are getting the full list of 6 nation fixtures on HD , and I have decided I will watch all the games this year.

I will provide my honest, unbiased opinion after every game. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 am

Laughing my head off reading these posts - The game should be an absolute cracker with both sides going at each other from the off - With POC and Ian Evans in the boiler house there could be some yellow cards early doors particularly with the Irish under so much pressure and desperate for a win. In theory anything can happen here. For those who try to use the revenge thing from the world cup, think again! The world cup game for the Irish was also billed as a revenge mission following the throw in with the wrong ball in Cardiff - Revenge is rhetoric, performance on the day is everything - it may well be that those with the coolest heads on Sunday will win through and those young smart welshman have an edge there. None of us like this ref but he will not shirk his responsibility and at best he will give both teams 1 warning early on and that's it. Those Irish boys need to try to ration the passion or Wales will be running trys in against 13 men with ease. thumbsup Wales Leprechaun

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 am

Gibson wrote:

I reckon Deccie should be a Politician. He can talk for hours and says phhokall meaningful. People think that's clever and cute. As a pro BS'r - I dont. I think its cowardice. Fear of honesty, and blind loyalty, gets us and our team - nowhere.

Id love to hear him say "Look would ye ever phhoke off! Im busy building a team here. Ok, its with the same players and with no game plan, but... its all I know. And Im doing my best "

Id admire him more for that.

I refuse to listen to his interviews anymore. Its... weel its just sad.

Just a question Gibbo, have you ever met or even played under DK? I can tell you now that he has a very good way about him in regards to instilling belief in people. The man you see on the TV is totally different than the man manager in real life...

I know that you dont like anything Munster and your jibes at ROG are wums but keep things a little in perspective Very Happy

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:21 am

I also honestly feel that it will be a very close match. I will be very nervous if Ireland have a small lead going into the last 20 minutes trying to protect that. This Welsh team is a lot fitter and cannier than they have been in the past.

I still cant pick a winner myself.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 am

Neither can I billy!

Nerves are slowly starting to build for this one, can't wait!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

RubyGuby wrote:None of us like this ref

Speak for yourself. I think Wayne Barnes is pretty good.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am

Its going to be a cracker dreamer, thats for sure.

I would love to say Ireland but its just too hard to tell. If this was played in Wales, then i would lean towards Wales though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 am

Keep writing Wales off, we love it, we thrive on being the underdog and people saying 'its only Wales' - pretty sure that what France said in 2008 Whistle
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 am

Billy, the match would be easier to call if it wasn't the first game of the tournament for both sides; but I'd say Ireland are favourites and pretty strong favourites at that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

Cant see many people writing Wales off Munk..... A drunken Gibbo rant at 1am is hardly anything to take seriously Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

Absolutely luckless, there is no real form guide to see who will/is playing the better rugby except for HC performances but they really arent a great indicator IMHO.

I just think that Wales will be very strong and it will be hellishly close.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 am

I'm a little gutted this is the first match - would be nice to have both teams build up some momentum first and iron out kinks.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:None of us like this ref

Speak for yourself. I think Wayne Barnes is pretty good.

That just means your not one of us Luckless thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 am

Cant wait to see the game... going to be insanely good I am sure...!

Plenty of spice between the two teams... Both have a hell of a lot to prove to themselves.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Sorry Ruby, I didn't realise you'd asked everyone on 606v2 if they rate Wayne Barnes as a ref. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:51 am

It was an awful, awful game between these two sides in the last 6 Nations. Really poor to watch. The illegal try was probably the best thing about the game.

Hope both sides can put on a better spectacle. They certainly owe it to the fans after last year.

I think maybe a draw, or the side with the better boot winning. Ireland probably if that happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 am

So to sum it all up then....

It's not worth Wales forking out the air fare to turn up because Ireland are 15 Supermen, better than Wales in every department, and are pretty much going to walk a Grand Slam.

Very Happy

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 am

EireBilly seems to have the perspective that most Irish fans have really - It's going to be a nervous one for all thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 am

I just cant pick a winner RubyGuby. Its frustrating as hell but i cant. Its going to be one of those 'on the day' factors that will decide the match...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:13 am

eirebilly wrote:I just cant pick a winner RubyGuby. Its frustrating as hell but i cant. Its going to be one of those 'on the day' factors that will decide the match...

Your right Billy, this is a new fresh young welsh team who seem to have confidence in themselves and can dig deep when they need to - No past baggage if you like and a degree of unpredictability. We will miss AWJ and Charteris without a doubt and that might prove significant along with Priestland. Ireland on paper look a very good side and the Australia win illustrates that. I guess maybe Ireland actually hold the key in this one and we'll have to see if they produce the Australia performance which will certainly be needed I think. Maybe this one might be a draw, that wouldn't surprise me and whilst I think most welsh fans would take that now I think the Irish would be disappointed with a draw - even against a team that came 4th in the RWC Wink

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 am

doctornickolas wrote:So to sum it all up then....

It's not worth Wales forking out the air fare to turn up because Ireland are 15 Supermen, better than Wales in every department, and are pretty much going to walk a Grand Slam.

Very Happy

Good summation mate. seems a fair assessment. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 am

Ruby, i am hoping that Ireland win but to do that they have to play out of their skins in the first 40 taking a nice healthy lead going into the final 20. Wales dont give up after 60mins anymore, which is a bugger Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 am

eirebilly wrote:Ruby, i am hoping that Ireland win but to do that they have to play out of their skins in the first 40 taking a nice healthy lead going into the final 20. Wales dont give up after 60mins anymore, which is a bugger Wink
thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next