The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where in the table will Wales finish?

+31
maestegmafia
Totallybiasedscarlet
eirebilly
english warrior
SecretFly
mankiaow
KickAndChase
Taffineastbourne
Knowsit17
BigTrevsbigmac
bedfordwelsh
Glas a du
adambarney
majesticimperialman
Comfort
Equo Troiano
RuggerRadge2611
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
UlstermaninGlasgow
miteyironpaw
HERSH
kiakahaaotearoa
munkian
Cymroglan
RubyGuby
overlordofthewest
tatterd
ScarletSpiderman
Biltong
dewplikuttukkawnt
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish?

Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap15%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 10 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap18%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 12 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap20%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap33%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 22 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap6%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_lcap8%Where in the table will Wales finish? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 66

Where in the table will Wales finish? Empty Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by dewplikuttukkawnt Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/rbs-six-nations-launch-250112/CDF_250112_RBS_Six_Nations_Launch_15.JPG

That would be a nice picture!

dewplikuttukkawnt

Back to top Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish? Empty Re: Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:19 am

wales starts their campaign against Ireland, for a number of reasons I beleive Ireland will win this one.

They will see scotland off comfortably at Millenium stadium

Twickenham is a toss up. I don't beleive England can be as unimaginative as they have been during their warm u to the world cup and during the world cup, Probably a close win for England.

Italy has no chance at Millenium stadium

France away will be too tough a task.

So I predict two wins, two losses and a close one vs england that could go either way.

So 3rd or 4th in my view.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish? Empty Re: Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

4th again. Though it may be argued (incorrectly) as joint 2nd by some.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

I voted 5th. I am not taking the wee wee. I believe we need to win our first match to really stand any hopes, and I have no faith in any of the fly halves int he squad at the moment so I think Ireland will beat us. And unfortunately it may well be a downward spiral from there.

But that is just my cheery prediction.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:42 pm

Bilton the France game is home (well i hope it is anyway as I have tickets which say "Cardiff" on them as the venue). With this being the grudge rematch i think we'll win it so 3 wins for me

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

SS
Where's the blind optimism Scarlets and Wales fans have.

Im going for Wales to finish top. A close game against Ireland which we'll win with a controversial try. Scotland next up, feeling overconfident after their win against England they slip up against us and our backs run them ragged.England next up - demoralised after their first defeat at the hands of Italy, under pressure the new coach resorts to bringing back the old guard, Wales are 2 from 2 and riding high. Despite a good performance by England a narrow defeat on home soil gives Wales 3from3 and 2 home games to play. Wales know its a grandslam on a plate so they do a number on Italy to set up through six nations decider in Cardiff. Both sides unbeaten, the grandslam to the winner.

That's the way I see it.

Then again ...........

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

True, but then you also have some key injuries. That will make it hard.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

A win in Ireland and the GS is a real possibility with a mouth watering revenge against the french in Cardiff. I see Wales actually ripping France to shreds as in 2008 if this scenario develops. Can't believe the -vty on here after the RWC. Wales were without doubt the form NH team and I don't see that changing. The Irish game is the most difficult to call but as in the RWC they are often over hyped and all the pressure will be on them - I see Wales winning the rest with something to spare thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

That's the spirit RG

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm

Where does the negativity come from - did you guys watch a different world cup or something. thumbsup An untried France team are being eulogised already (Tonga anyone?), Ireland are without BOD (say no more) and England have gone further backwards with the likeihood of Charlie Hodgson being outside half against Scotland. It's there for the taking if we can beat the mad Irish which will of course be a little difficult thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:58 pm

Ruby the only flaw I see with your form, is it is 5 months later, and players form come and go.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

Ruby, that's it, to quote General Melchett "when all else fails, a simple pig headed igonrance to stare facts in the face will see us through!"
To say that Ireland will roll over in their own back yard just because they are without one player (BOD) is lunacy, and shows either you are a completely blind optimist or you pretty much know nowt about rugby.........

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

biltongbek wrote:Ruby the only flaw I see with your form, is it is 5 months later, and players form come and go.

Then again some of us see the RWC as the start of something and not the end - This welsh team is full of young players who have yet to develop on the international stage. Therefore I see the RWC performances as the least i would expect now from this team. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:06 pm

and you will be right to expect that from them. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing your team create expectations and then not deliver.

Case in point SA in 2009 on the autumn tour.

Last edited by biltongbek on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:06 pm

We will know what the International form is like when the six nations start.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

tatterd wrote:Ruby, that's it, to quote General Melchett "when all else fails, a simple pig headed igonrance to stare facts in the face will see us through!"
To say that Ireland will roll over in their own back yard just because they are without one player (BOD) is lunacy, and shows either you are a completely blind optimist or you pretty much know nowt about rugby.........

I don't see the mention of roll over and if you are happy to ignore the difference that BOD makes to the Irish team then I'm going to have to beg to differ. Wales pretty much destroyed BOD et al in the last 30 minutes of the RWC game and they were blowing out their arses for the last 10 waiting for the whistle. Given that performance I believe we can win in Ireland and I make no apologies for that just as I suggested we would win with something to spare in the RWC. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Wales were without doubt the form NH team and I don't see that changing.
Yet they were fairly pitiful only a few short months beforehand. It could easily go back that way again. It is Welsh rugby after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

Welsh players are dropping like flies, again, thought we might have one lucky year but nope.

I don't see an away win against Ireland now, I hope we win the other 4 mind.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

The opening game is crucial to Wales' chances. Wales lost the last 2 matches against Australia. You can say those matches weren't important but you only have to see what an away and home victory to Australia did to England's confidence and performance.

It's a very tough first up game but then again you had something similar with an even tougher game against SA in the World Cup first up. Winning breeds confidence and Wales, used to fourth place in recent times, need to have some belief that things are different this time round. That can only come from winning. Wales have relatively easier games in between Ireland, England and France so there can be no excuses.

Lose to Ireland first up and the heads go down for the England match. Win and the tournament gets off to the best possible start and the psychological benefit of winning away makes them more formidable opponents in Twickenham.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

Wales could finish fourth just like they did in the world cup but so could every other side involved in the six nations.
I'm confident we will do well but I would not write off anybody else's chances of beating us ,,that's sport for you.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

I see the milk is still sour following the RWC - Don't worry Charlie Hodgson is on the horizon and coming to the rescue. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

Seeing as Wales have taken the rugby world by storm with their huge leaps in fitness, professionalism and all round play I went for 3rd. Very Happy

Better luck next year.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

Given that Wales finished 4th in the RWC, but the 6N is apparently harder according to Edwards, you'd have to think they're expecting 5th or 6th surely.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

7th
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Given that Wales finished 4th in the RWC, but the 6N is apparently harder according to Edwards, you'd have to think they're expecting 5th or 6th surely.
Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

I went for third...

Injuries could be key in the Ireland game and if Doc, Priestland, Lydiate and Jenkins are all out then even Ireland minus BOD may be too strong.

Scotland at home - uncomfortable but final minutes silly mistake costs the game for the Scots so Wales win

England in Twickenham - Tight win but not the free flowing rugby expected of the Welsh backs as Hook crumbles at 10.

Italy at home - Tough opening 60 with the Welsh fitness showing in the last 20 and a 15 point win

France at home - A French outfit either looking for the Grand Slam or needing Ireland to lose in England comes to the MS and puts on a show. Although the Welsh valiantly battle back it isn't enough and France run out winners by 5 points.

1st Ireland/France
2nd France/Ireland
3rd Wales
4th Scotland
5th England
6th Italy
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Ulster - just out of interest when we last played France we more or less dominated them with 14 men with arguably our best player in the bin. We butchered chance after chance and lost by 1 point. Now we have them at home and are seething for revenge. I'm just interested in how you come to the point where we have a loss to them. Similarly, we blew Scotland away at Murrayfield lasy year going 20 odd points up early on and then cruisng to an easy victory. Seriously, what's the rationale here for your France and Scotland predictions as I seriously think we will beat France in Wales in a similar vein to 2008. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Given that Wales finished 4th in the RWC, but the 6N is apparently harder according to Edwards, you'd have to think they're expecting 5th or 6th surely.

Laugh Fair play, that's good!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Ulster - just out of interest when we last played France we more or less dominated them with 14 men with arguably our best player in the bin. We butchered chance after chance and lost by 1 point. Now we have them at home and are seething for revenge. I'm just interested in how you come to the point where we have a loss to them. Similarly, we blew Scotland away at Murrayfield lasy year going 20 odd points up early on and then cruisng to an easy victory. Seriously, what's the rationale here for your France and Scotland predictions as I seriously think we will beat France in Wales in a similar vein to 2008. thumbsup

I have a good view on Scottish rugby so I don't think they'll be the walkovers everyone thinks. Their pack is full of very good players, and they're in form too, and if they play Blair and Laidlaw, a halfback pairing that can get the ball moving, I'd be cautious. They have some very promising backs and a hunger to prove themselves. I also think they will be coming off the back of a Calcutta Cup win so expect their tails to be up.

France will be a different beast under Saint-Andre. Lievremont while he blooded a million players didn't know who was his best. I can't see Saint-Andre making the same mistakes. He cut his teeth in the AP so he knows how to win ugly and with Fofana, Rougerie and Malzieu three class players in attack. I think it'll be close but I can't see France playing as defensive a game as they did against you in the WC!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:06 pm

They had no option but to defend.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:14 pm

Thanks Ulster - good rationale - I too think Scotland will win their first game and whilst I think they will provide strong opposition in Cardiff I think we have too much class particularly in midfield for them. I see your going with the general consensus that all will be fine with France now that PSD is in charge - I tend to think its not that simple and Rougerie is now on a downward trend IMO and I don't see him in the starting XV. It's France so I guess anything can happen, however if we produce controlled performances as per the RWC in Cardiff I see us beating France. Our toughest game is our first. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

It seems most people think Wales wil be 4th again.

Will that be 4 times in a row in the 6 Nations? Who say Wales aren't consistent Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Rubyguby

How will Scotland win without Paterson's kicks?

They can't score tries.

England will surprise a few me thinks.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:19 pm

I like the new squad scotland are building but they wont beat Wales in Cardiff.

The Calcutta is the ony cup they'll realistically win this year
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:24 pm

HERSH wrote:Rubyguby

They can't score tries.

Its actually the much maligned Dan Parks whos ran most of their recent succesful games.

England will suprise people with just how dire a bunch of healdess chicken kids in desperate need of their mother can be.

Injuries for Wales make this Ireland vs France to my mind.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:25 pm

They can't score tries.

Laidlaw and Weir can both kick too. Far better kicking options than England have in all honesty.

If Robinson picks the right squad, I seriously doubt Scotland will be relying on kicks. I'll remind you that Edinburgh scored nearly 20 tries in the HC pool stages, and were widely tipped to be there to "make up the numbers".

Scotland will surprise a few me thinks.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

Duncan Weir is also very accurate with his kicks and seems to get his back line moving.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:33 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Ulster - just out of interest when we last played France we more or less dominated them with 14 men with arguably our best player in the bin. We butchered chance after chance and lost by 1 point. Now we have them at home and are seething for revenge.

Revenge for what? Warburton was correctly sent off after a dangerous tackle. Also, France reached the final where they narrowly lost -could easily have won in fact, so i'm not sure how you think Wales are the form team above them?

WUM.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:

They can't score tries.

England will suprise people with just how dire a bunch of healdess chicken kids in desperate need of their mother can be.

It didn't do Wales any harm last time out did it?

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Scotland will surprise a few me thinks.

Agreed - depending on team selection.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:39 pm

Revenge for being knocked out the World Cup - not a difficult one

Not sure how he is 'wumming' coming from someone who joined just over 10 days ago....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

Equo Troiano wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:

They can't score tries.

It didn't do Wales any harm last time out did it?

1 England 5 4 0 1 132 81 51 13 8
2 France 5 3 0 2 117 91 26 10 6
3 Ireland 5 3 0 2 93 81 12 10 6
4 Wales 5 3 0 2 95 89 6 6 6
5 Scotland 5 1 0 4 82 109 -27 6 2
6 Italy 5 1 0 4 70 138 -68 6 2

Well OK they were no worse than their usual fourth place....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:44 pm

8th
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:46 pm

[quote="luckless_pedestrian"]
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Scotland will surprise a few me thinks.

I make that 3 people being suprised which is generally about right thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:04 pm

I havent voted yet, as im waiting for more news about the injuries to Lydiate/Priestland.

General feelings though:

Scotland should have a nice halfback pairing for the 6ns, but i dont fear their centres and visser hasnt yet qualified. I dont expect too much change from them in style of play other than they may run the ball more intelligently.

Ireland will have the upper hand against Wales as i now expect them to win the collisions with Jenkins/Lydiate/Roberts missing.

England are potentially grandslammers or wooden spooners, i really dont know how they're going to come out.

France should be a lot less fragile than they were at the world cup, this makes them scarier to me, France are very dangerous but did have the tendancy to implode and stop really bothering under Lievremont (see Italy/Tonga last year).

Italy dont travel well.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

RubyGuby

You said.

I don't see the mention of roll over and if you are happy to ignore the difference that BOD makes to the Irish team then I'm going to have to beg to differ.

Lets see how Wales get on with out Shane Williams shell we. Oh and if you think that Wales playe better with out Shane Williams, then i beg to differ too.

I dont think it is right at this stage to talk any team up about win a Grand Slam. It is nearly five months since the Rugby World Cup and teams have changed, players of retired, or not been selected for the 6ns for what ever reason.

Wales first game in Ireland will be a tough ask for Wales, because Ireland(players that is) is playing some of the best rugby in the HC. So in all honesty, i do not see Wales pulling off a win in Ireland, against Ireland.

Wales this year 3rd or 4th place. in my opinion any way.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by adambarney Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

wales are good team but to predictable they just give it to roberts j davies g north they need players with guile and pace they will miss shane williams big time they will finish joint 3rd with england

adambarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:24 pm

People need to stop using the HC as a yardstick on how well a International side will perform.
Different quad different coaches different mindset and all that.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:28 pm

May the 4th be with you.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:30 pm

Well they were predictably ruthless against Ireland last time out - why all the criticism from the best performing NH team at the RWC thumbsup

All we heard last time was the monster Irish back row that was going to steam roller us and when it came to the crunch they were largely ineffective. Don't get me wrong it will be a mighty task to beat Ireland in Dublin but I think Ireland have more to worry about than us and when Iron Mike and Toby start marauding through their defence again then we'll just have to wait and see. Take it to them again boys, take it too them angel

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next