The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where in the table will Wales finish?

+31
maestegmafia
Totallybiasedscarlet
eirebilly
english warrior
SecretFly
mankiaow
KickAndChase
Taffineastbourne
Knowsit17
BigTrevsbigmac
bedfordwelsh
Glas a du
adambarney
majesticimperialman
Comfort
Equo Troiano
RuggerRadge2611
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
UlstermaninGlasgow
miteyironpaw
HERSH
kiakahaaotearoa
munkian
Cymroglan
RubyGuby
overlordofthewest
tatterd
ScarletSpiderman
Biltong
dewplikuttukkawnt
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish?

Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap15%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 10 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 12 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 22 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 66

Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Empty Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by dewplikuttukkawnt Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/rbs-six-nations-launch-250112/CDF_250112_RBS_Six_Nations_Launch_15.JPG

That would be a nice picture!

dewplikuttukkawnt

Back to top Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:29 pm

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Wales finishing 4th in the 6 Nations rather than whether Elvish is a recognised language or not?

Back to top Go down

Where in the table will Wales finish? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where in the table will Wales finish?

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:30 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote: Ah I see the pre tournament influx of new posters with little knowledge has started, same old ignorance and bigotry.

Yeah but come on, it does add to the humour value Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Isn't this thread supposed to be about Wales finishing 4th in the 6 Nations rather than whether Elvish is a recognised language or not?

Maybe someone could teach Mike Tindall how to say " Nobody tosses a Dwarf" in Welsh

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

notworthy

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:44 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Isn't this thread supposed to be about Wales finishing 4th in the 6 Nations rather than whether Elvish is a recognised language or not?

Maybe someone could teach Mike Tindall how to say " Nobody tosses a Dwarf" in Welsh

laughing Whistle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:44 pm

Ah, here's Safe as Milk, who for a Yorkshireman seems inordinately interested in Welsh rugby.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:46 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Ah, here's Safe as Milk, who for a Yorkshireman seems inordinately interested in Welsh rugby.
Must be the shared mining heritage.

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

eirebilly wrote:

laughing Whistle

Neb yn taflu corrach. although I doubt Tindall could pronounce it.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

laughing Whistle

Neb yn taflu corrach. although I doubt Tindall could pronounce it.

Thanks, i just bit my tongue pronouncing it Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

I think the pronunciation of the letters is the same as in Gaelic EB.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:41 pm

I'm guessing that 'Neb' phonetically reads as 'Nev'?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

nope hard b as there is no h after it bh makes the v sound in Gaelic doesnt it?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

and it's the same in Welsh? bh =v? I listen to Welsh and I find the similarities hard to pinpoint (but then I'm not all that good at Irish, but know enough to notice the sounds of Welsh do sound quite alien at times)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:44 pm

na we have a single F for the v sound and a double ff for the F sound if that makes sense. Basically Gaelic came first and uses a harder c sound wheras in welsh we have a p sound so the welsh for children is Plentyn whilst teh Gaelic is clennen.

The letters and writing came later so we both devised alphabets seperately, hence the irish using BH and the welsh F. The languages are pretty close but teh alphabets arent really although we both use the latin symbols rather than the coelbren alphabet that we both used initially.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

An easy rule to remember:

F: as in 'of'

Ff: as in 'off.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 27 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

So if an Irishfellow tells me to bh obhbh i should be offended?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

Either that or you should put him in a taxi.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:So if an Irishfellow tells me to bh obhbh i should be offended?

not sure your grasping the difference between a speaking and writing Peter. Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:So if an Irishfellow tells me to bh obhbh i should be offended?

not sure your grasping the difference between a speaking and writing Peter. Whistle

Skype me? heart

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:40 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:

Skype me? heart

Laugh

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:17 am

'Nobody tosses a Dwarf in Welsh'

Well i would jolly well hope so poor Dwarves, because its bad enough being thrown, but Tossed as well!!! It'd bring tears to your eyes. Wink

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:44 pm

Sorry guys, those of you who replied to my earlier post, but I'm just not that optimistic. Granted there aren't many world class tight heads in the game but whoever criticised me on that missed the point of my post.

At the mo, we have a large contingent injured and our regions have been playing to a very poor standard over the crimbo. It does not bode well. Who knows, they may step up, but I would feel happier if we were going in with good regional form behind us.

Ireland will be strong as will france. England are a bit of an unknown this year but I'm wondering if we will struggle if we don't find any form.
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

3 wins, Scotland and Italy beaten at home, with one other win somewhere, hopefully England.

Wales tend to beat France when we have players in the team who play in France, we won for a few years when Gareth Thomas and Stephen Jones were in France home and away as they knew how good those players were.

Maybe if Mike Phillips, Lee Bryne and James Hook in the team the French might be a bit worried and blow the Cardiff game. I think we are due a win against them though.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:40 pm

I've gone for a finish 2nd on the table, just cause France will come first this year - but there won't be a GS for anyone again. I think Wales could get the TC, mind.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:50 pm

Cari- Wales for the TC, now come on, you've not fallen for all the hype as well have you?

Wales are poor and already have their 4th place booked for this 6 nations so all you reasonable Welsh fans (yes you 3) tell the rest not to expect anything but your usual dollop of Heartache this Year!!

Dear, oh dear me, when will they ever learn?? laughing

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:47 pm

english warrior wrote:Cari- Wales for the TC, now come on, you've not fallen for all the hype as well have you?

Wales are poor and already have their 4th place booked for this 6 nations so all you reasonable Welsh fans (yes you 3) tell the rest not to expect anything but your usual dollop of Heartache this Year!!

Dear, oh dear me, when will they ever learn?? laughing

Well lets see what we all thought prior to the Six Nations compared to what the actuality is going in to the final weekend.

Current Standings

Pos Team P
1. Wales
2. England
3. Ireland
4. France
5. Scotland
6. Italy

Pre Tournament Predictions for Wales...!

1st 11% [ 7 ]
2nd 19% [ 12 ]
3rd 20% [ 13 ]
4th 34% [ 22 ]
5th 6% [ 4 ]
6th 7%

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

If you look at the first page of the thread we said it all really thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4