The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy

+38
mystiroakey
Geordie
dragonbreath
sugarNspikes
eirebilly
gregortree
Equo Troiano
nobbled
Biltong
HammerofThunor
EnglishReign
ChequeredJersey
TrailApe
Knackeredknees
ospreysboyo
wickedwasp
Mad for Chelsea
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
formerly known as Sam
Sgt_Pooly
rugbyfan
tigertattie
SecretFly
RubyGuby
thomh
majesticimperialman
timhen
robbo277
Barney McGrew did it
Knowsit17
robshaw4england
Morgannwg
maestegmafia
doctor_grey
Cowshot
faraway
drsambo1928
Cymroglan
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy - Page 3 Empty Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy

Post by Cymroglan Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 19:57

First topic message reminder :

Northampton hooker Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy
England forwards coach Graham Rowntree has revealed that Dylan Hartley "might well soon" be made captain.

Rowntree made the remarks during testimony that helped limit the Northampton hooker's recent ban for biting Ireland's Stephen Ferris .

Hartley is suspended until 14 May following the incident during England's 30-9 Six Nations victory last month.

Rowntree said Hartley was "very close to having been made captain and might well soon become captain".

His comments are recorded in a written judgement which has been released following the independent disciplinary panel's ruling
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17579531

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy - Page 3 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy

Post by Morgannwg Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:16

Still waiting Equo as I see you have complained about the comment like a baby. A sign of the beaten poster.
Cry
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy - Page 3 Empty Re: Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy

Post by eirebilly Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:24

Morgs, it could be time to let it go mate OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:30

Morgannwg wrote:Still waiting Equo as I see you have complained about the comment like a baby. A sign of the beaten poster.
Cry

Yep. Definitely "beaten". Of course that is the point of a discussion board. To "beat" the other posters.
Well done Morg. clap

Rolling Eyes
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:34

Anyway, regardless of whats happening around him right now, rugby wise i think that he would be a decent shout for England captain although it would be harsh on Robshaw who i feel led England well during the 6N
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:39

nobbled wrote:

Yep. Definitely "beaten". Of course that is the point of a discussion board. To "beat" the other posters.
Well done Morg. clap

Rolling Eyes

nobbled, I come here to discuss rugby. I don't mean to offend with my opinions, but sometimes they can be shall we say 'straght-forward' and they do offend. I quite enjoy a rugby discussion but said poster has some serious issues and looks to post drivel after everything I write or just post insults/profanities; this is something that has been well documented by poster and moderator alike. I am suprised he isn't banned yet.

I can sometimes resort to a bit wumming and if I do will admit to doing so. Sorry if I have ever offended you thumbsup.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:47

That's rather childish Pooly, after I thought I had cleared things up with the guys? I suppose children like getting the last word in though, which also means Equo will be back tomorrow between 9 and 3...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:53

Anyway, back on topic.

I'm happy with Robshaw as captain right now. Wood will be waiting to get his chance again.

Hartley's not a bad back up as he's done a decent job with Saints. Even if he's not captain you need leaders all over so if he steps up that can only be a good thing.

Croft was being considered at one point too. Plenty of choices, but hopefully the backrow will be very competitive so it's difficult to see exactly what the first choices are, never mind who the captain is. I'm sure Lancaster has some pretty firm ideas and Rowntree's comments can also be seen as a gee-up and support for Hartley as much as a statment of intent.

Last edited by sugarNspikes on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:54; edited 1 time in total

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 17:54

Morgannwg wrote:
nobbled wrote:

Well done Morg. clap

Rolling Eyes

nobbled, I come here to discuss rugby. I don't mean to offend with my opinions, but sometimes they can be shall we say 'straght-forward' and they do offend. I quite enjoy a rugby discussion but said poster has some serious issues and looks to post drivel after everything I write or just post insults/profanities; this is something that has been well documented by poster and moderator alike. I am suprised he isn't banned yet.

I can sometimes resort to a bit wumming and if I do will admit to doing so. Sorry if I have ever offended you thumbsup.

Your opinions don't offend me Morg - I may disagree, and often do. I think it's more about the tone, and the way you seem to me to come across as antagonistic. We can all be tempted into a WUMing - I'm sure I've been guilty too. I'm also guilty of rising to it on occassion, but for me it then detracts from being able to take that poster seriously down the line?

I hope you see where I am coming from, and frankly my sarccy post was hardly a shining example to set, so sorry too. thumbsup
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:05

Sgt_Pooly wrote:" He is the worst in his position out of the 6 Nations and extremely overated by England fans (as is Lawes). It would be a travesty if either of them toured."

Which Welsh hooker is better than Hartley?!?! I must be missing something, one of a hookers primary duties is to be able to throw straight......which Welsh hooker does this????

I could give you Best or even at a push Ford but the Welsh hookers are awful. Rees is the only half decent offer and his throw is nothing more than adaquate.

All of them. Next question

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:14

Knackeredknees wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Knackered Knees - I wouldn't take some of this welsh baiting seriously - Hartley's a strong player but sometimes he doesn't do himself any favours - It looks to me as if he's retaliated to something here and a lot of us within the game at the moment are having some serious discussions around retaliation as in some cases its almost a reflex reaction that would not have occurred if some twxt in the first place had not been up to some dodgy stuff. Hartley has to aware now that he is one of those players who has to be cleaner than clean or he will always get pinged, its not fair but thats the way it goes I'm afraid. Sean Fitzpatrick was the master at being the nice guy to the ref - he could learn some lessons from him as he was as tough as an old dog when it came to the game. thumbsup

Trouble is mud sticks, first the gougeing that happened five years ago clean apart from this and that's all some fans would ever say about him, the standing up he gets uninformed fans screaming he should be penalized or carded every time it happens when its not a penalty offense. He could never concede another penalty again in his life but to some will be worse than satan because he's English and Dylan Hartley

I have to admit that I was of the opinion that Hartley persistant reluctance to scummage correctly was a penalty offence. You seem to know more about this which law clarifies this, as it surprises me. Thanks thumbsup

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:18

dragonbreath wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:" He is the worst in his position out of the 6 Nations and extremely overated by England fans (as is Lawes). It would be a travesty if either of them toured."

Which Welsh hooker is better than Hartley?!?! I must be missing something, one of a hookers primary duties is to be able to throw straight......which Welsh hooker does this????

I could give you Best or even at a push Ford but the Welsh hookers are awful. Rees is the only half decent offer and his throw is nothing more than adaquate.

All of them. Next question

Good answer.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:21

If Ferris was hooking Hartley and trying to wrench his head off then he deserved to be bitten. What was Hartley supposed to do.

I am no lover of Hartley but come on, if his version is in fact the true representation of the incident then what else exactly was he supposed to do.

I have never understood why the individual reacting to the actions of another is the one who normally carries the can.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 18:31

I'd say Hartley is on the same level as Hibbard and Bennett when he playing well but my personal opinion is he has never been a great international player and he was one I found to be overhyped. Bennett played well for us when called up, but Rees is probably still our best. I think he has played very well for club and country this season. I guess Owens will be 2nd choice but is probably on par with Rees with the potential to be the better player one day. Both Bennett and Hibs have shown up well for us in the 6 Nations and for Ospreys all season. All I have seen of Hartley is international form in IMO it was just solid/average and not better than what our hookers have produced in the world cup and 2012 Six Nations.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 23:13

I think it will be interesting which hookers are taken on the summer tour...we are massively short in this area....(literally with Mears, Youngs and Gray Laugh )

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 23:53

Well, no one is changing their opinions any more about Hartley. So I offer this:

How big would the Rugby world explode if Lancaster made Hartley captain, but only for the Wales match in next year's 6 Nations? Oh, baby. That would show a seriously wicked sense of humour.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 6:11

Doc, you have an evil sense of humour. I like it Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 9:22

dragonbreath wrote:If Ferris was hooking Hartley and trying to wrench his head off then he deserved to be bitten. What was Hartley supposed to do.

I am no lover of Hartley but come on, if his version is in fact the true representation of the incident then what else exactly was he supposed to do.

I have never understood why the individual reacting to the actions of another is the one who normally carries the can.

typical pc rubbish is what it is- its like jailing someone for knocking out a burglar in there own home!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 9:30

mystiroakey wrote:
dragonbreath wrote:If Ferris was hooking Hartley and trying to wrench his head off then he deserved to be bitten. What was Hartley supposed to do.

typical pc rubbish is what it is- its like jailing someone for knocking out a burglar in there own home!!
Unfortunately we will never know exactly what happened when Ferris' hand disappeared into the pile. If Ferris was fishooking Hartley, a bite was almost inevitable. But if Ferris was doing nothing the bite was wrong. Completely. Only the two of them know. Nothing we can do but move on, eh?

Clearly Hartley is a polarising figure. That won't change for the rest of his career either. Regardless of the rights or wrongs here, Ferris' reputation has taken a hit as well.

And if someone breaks into my house? Well now. He ain't coming out the same way he got in, that's for sure.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 9:35

And if someone breaks into my house? Well now. He ain't coming out the same way he got in, that's for sure.

What you are saying is it won't be face first? Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:01

Nah, we will bite him on the fingers..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:05

music I'll bite you on the fingers,
I'll bite you on the toes,
Pain will surround you,
Everywhere more blows music
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:12

I like that. You are the next Bruce Springsteen.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:15

Nah, i see myself more of a Chris de Burgh type, love performing his songs. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:30

Dare you to sing "Lady in Red" to George North...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:49

Nope, i'll sing to him

music "A great lord came running
through the English one morning
with a rugby ball in his hand
He had a sidestep,
He could run a crashball
scoring a try was his plan" music

Last edited by biltongbek on Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:52

Second verse

music Then Hartley came by
and tackled him high
nothing was found
only north on the ground
He was done music
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:54

biltongbek wrote:Nope, i'll sing to him

music "A great lord came running
through the English one morning
with a rugby ball in his hand
He had a sidestep, scoring a try was his plan" music
But where was his other hand, eh?

Keep it clean, this is a family web site.
(Well, err, at least, I think it is.)

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:54

Verse three

music "Then Nigel Owens came running
He screamed to the captain
Hartley goes to the bin
another ten mintues went by
Then wales scored a try music
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:56

But where was his other hand, eh?

Keep it clean, this is a family web site.
(Well, err, at least, I think it is.)
Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 11:01

If you are doing Chris de Burgh, you have to have a woman in your song somewhere.
Usually falling in love, or other similar heart wrenching chick-type emotion.

You are much more sensitive than I. Must be your genteel upbringing.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 11:04

Fine verse four

music
At the end of the match
With North being patched
A beautiful dame, came running to his aid
and he was smitten music
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:34

Perfect! You are my hero.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:54

Chris De Burgh.

Worst. Performer. Ever.

Apart from Adele, who is a pub wailer.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 13:07

Equo Troiano wrote:Chris De Burgh.

Worst. Performer. Ever.

Yeah fortunately he doesn't have a poor attitude.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 13:53

biltongbek wrote:

Worst. Performer. Ever.

Yeah fortunately he doesn't have a poor attitude.

Oh really? I wish I knew him as well as you do. What an after dinner anecdote that would be.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:07

Well I just imagine he must be as pleasant as you are. I know as little about him as I know about you, but your sunny disposition has convinced me.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:19

Equo Troiano wrote:

Oh really? I wish I knew him as well as you do. What an after dinner anecdote that would be.

Not sure there's much need for that.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:21

bluestonevedder wrote:
Equo Troiano wrote:

Not sure there's much need for that.

Have you ever walked into a pub and in the corner you see the guy with the bad mood written all over his face...
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:24

Haha, yup! And who can't be happy in a pub?!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:27

Worst. Performer. Ever.........
Dude. Girls like him.
You like girls? Helps to get used to him, at the minimum.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:27

Well it seems not everyone. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:29

doctor_grey wrote:

Worst. Performer. Ever.........
Dude. Girls like him.
You like girls? Helps to get used to him, at the minimum.

doc no worries, when a guy tells you an artist that has sold in excess of 45 million records world wide is the worst performer ever, you bet your bottom dollar he knows what he is talking about.

Or should it be top dollar, ah well... I get confused.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:35

Priceless little love in this.

laughing

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:36

Oh, well, I thought we were sharing. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:38

sharing is caring after all! Dylan Hartley in frame for England captaincy - Page 3 3559488474

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:57

I like this

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:01

Its great isn't it?

I'm not sure who looks sillier, me for helping to perpetuate this thread or a moderator defending the honour of Chris De Burgh because someone happens to have had a differing opinion on a public forum.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:04

Equo, I was going to defend Adele, but frankly, we'd both be better off with her defending me. cake

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:12

The fact is Equo, I am posting as a poster not as a moderator, that only comes into play if you misbehave. warning
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:16

biltong has several hats: the poster one, the moderator one, and the one he pinched from Fists of Fury after the latest test match (sorry, private joke).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next