The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+31
SmithersJones
golfermartin
princedracula
4putt
raycastleunited
Slowride
oldparwin
incontinentia
Skydriver
Tiler76
I'm never wrong
Nay
1GrumpyGolfer
Josiah Maiestas
SpacemanSpiff
dynamark
hend085
Faldono1fan
oldshanker
Fader
barragan
super_realist
lorus59
Lairdy
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
navyblueshorts
Doon the Water
McLaren
Hibbz
Diggers
35 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't mind Paul Walsh at all, there are at least another 5 on the Sky Soccer Saturday that are way worse. Thompson is annoying , Nicolas just as bad, Merson is funny in an are you simple kind of way. George Best used to be worst of the lot.
I always found Graham Taylor's commentary annoying , that was his voice more than anything though.
In athletics Colin Jackson is very poor as is Denise Lewis.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Wed 30 May 2012, 9:46 am

Awkward......

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2012, 2:46 pm

incontinentia wrote:Ok just curious
Didn't mean to sound abrupt. Was all a load of silliness, bruised egos and perceived slights. A perfect example of the perils of internet conversations when body language and verbal nuance is missing from the thread. A few bans (3?) and a number of voluntary leavers. Qué sera.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 May 2012, 3:20 pm

incon

Just dont mention this and you will be ok

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2012-04/28/c_131558231.htm

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 3:31 pm

If there was infinite golfers the lowest score in golf would be 18 on an 18 hole course- true or false?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 May 2012, 3:51 pm

"If there was infinite golfers"

There are infinite golfers, so it has happened somewhere in the universe.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 4:12 pm

there would also have to be infinite golf courses- or there might be some really slow rounds out there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 May 2012, 4:18 pm

You think aliens play golf?

Roakey- true

ok mac i wont mention animal cruelty in south korea.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 4:20 pm

i think aliens play a type of golf- however on certain planets the physics might be a bit different to ours- so it may be very different to what we are used to

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Like if theres a planet with strong gravity 10 yards could be a huge drive and the golf course would be the size of a car park, in that case i suppose the chances of an 18 shot round are significantly increased
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 4:31 pm

Yeah you could hit some boomers out there- they probally have tighter rules on driver head sizes and the thickness of the face.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 May 2012, 4:45 pm

mysti

there will be a golfer out there just like you living on a planet that is identical to earth who has shot 18.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2012, 5:40 pm

I'm sure if Kim Jung-Il hadn't keeled over recently, he'd have soon shot 18 here.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 7:53 pm

McLaren wrote:mysti

there will be a golfer out there just like you living on a planet that is identical to earth who has shot 18.

maybe its me in the medal next month!!

or more than likely that annoyingly smug ACE mysti

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:10 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18282277

Reading that makes me wonder if Super_realist has ever actually played or wached any golf?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

Saw Colin Jackson and the triple jump fella on the athletics last night.Dreadful bland commentary and questions to the atheletes.Surprised Bolt even answered. Jess Ennis fat -NO

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

dynamark wrote:Saw Colin Jackson and the triple jump fella on the athletics last night.Dreadful bland commentary and questions to the atheletes.Surprised Bolt even answered. Jess Ennis fat -NO

Its actually physically painful to me to listen and watch Jackson. He was a brilliant athlete but probably the worst TV presenter ever, not bright enough, not eloquent enough, just shocking the amount of utter inane tripe he serves up.
Edwards is better but still not great, Denise Lewis is almost as bad as Jackson. The pair of them together are unbearable.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

Michael Johnson is the saving grace of BBC athletics commentary.
Very articulate, praise/criticism when necessary and a great knowledge.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

Ive no problem at all with Steve Cram, he's good. Johnson is very good, just tells it as it is really.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

McLaren wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18282277

Reading that makes me wonder if Super_realist has ever actually played or wached any golf?

Mac you are a disgrace.
Considering I'm the one a member of one of the most famous clubs in the world, plus another open qualifier, play for my club and ay opens all around the country while you hardy ever play I would have thoughg it was more like you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Super

You are also the only one who has the demeanour of an internet troll

I saw a guy on a weight loss forum the other day called SuperRealist, I wonder if that was you wumming the fatties.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

It wasn't me mac. I would say that you are as much as a wum as me, you just approach it from a different angle.

Why were you looking at a weight loss forum anyway? And why does such a thing even exist?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:53 pm

Why were you looking at a weight loss forum anyway?

I have recently been struggling with my weight.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

Why would you need a forum to tell you anything. It's the Harvard formula. Absurdly simple. Eat less exercise more. No one should struggle with weight.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

Super

I play sport every day and mostly eat vegetarian food, it is not as easy as you think. Anyway, I am not overweight it is more for aesthetic purposes.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

People have different metabolic rates. One of the unfair aspects of life. People with high metabolic rates can eat all they want and not gain weight. Others only have to smell food to gain it (Well, it seems like that).

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Anyone can increase there metabolic rate.However we are all different- you gotta deal with the hand dealt. some people are stupid, some arnt, some are ugly , some arnt!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:31 pm

Mac, if you do all that sport and still gain weight then you need to reduce your intake further.

You simply cannot gain weight if you expend more calories than you take in. It's a physical fact. Fat and weight cannot be synthesized out of nothing.

You need to do exercise within a specific heart rate zone to burn fat, and no golf does not count.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Anyone can increase there metabolic rate.However we are all different- you gotta deal with the hand dealt. some people are stupid, some arnt, some are ugly , some arnt!

Some people can spell and some people carnt........ Smile

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:08 pm

Yes but i am handsome and a good golfer

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

By the way SR golf does help- you burn about 1500 calories in a round of golf on a warmish day whilst carrying your clubs. It is light excerise- but it still is excercise and to lose that amount of calories in the gym is almost impossible(well for me anyway). When i used to do alot of cardio i couldnt lose much more than 1000 in a hard hours session

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

I would think 1500 calories would be a bit of an exaggeration unless you are already a Shane Lowry and can't walk a slight incline without gasping, in which carrying such a ghastly unsightly bulk around would expend a great deal.
If that was the case I doubt we'd see so many fat golfers. I would imagine the slow gentle ambling walk involved in a four hour walk with occasional swing would burn no more than 800 for a normal person.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

SR if your overweight you would be burning more than 1500, the average person on the average length course is supposed to burn 1442 calories(whilst carrying).

I got the info from this link.

http://www.golflink.com/facts_4469_many-calories-does-golf-burn.html.

Golf is very good excersise- problem is how many golfers drink them calories within a couple of hours after the round!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 01 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

Seems a bit high to me, but fair enough, but if its that easy to expend calories then no one should ever have to complain about being fat. A man is only supposed to have 2500 calories a day.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 6:01 pm

Sr i think the reason why it seems abit high is because golf takes a long time and the average person would be using about 700 calories at that time in the day anyway. so the extra calories you would burn from golf would be about the figure you stated of 800 i suppose.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:16 pm

Rio Ferdinand (in particular), Micah Richards and Michael Carrick are toss pots. Who the Hell does Ferdinand think he is and what on Earth do those other two think they're doing making themselves unavailable as reserves in the advent of injury to players going to the European Championships????
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Mon 04 Jun 2012, 5:25 am

Hodgson accused of a total lack of respect for not calling up Ferdinand! What a joke, he brings in a young player for hunger and the chance to gain experience, yet is bemoaned for not sticking with a ego hungry injury prone ferdinand.

England need a younger hungry squad not to replace an injured player with someone else who suffers with chronic back injuries!

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:47 am

Is there a more dysfunctional team than England. They'll be extremely lucky to get out of their group.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

It's obvious Ferdinand has been ignored for non footballing reasons, does anyone seriously think Kelly is a better player , get real.
Terry the racist is in and Rio is collateral damage but Hodgson doesn't have the guts to admit it, so personally I feel Rio has every right to be angry.
Carrick retired a year ago so why should he change his mind now and Richards should be first choice right back, I'd like to see Hodgsons reasons for him not being picked initially, again I suspect not footballing ones.
That said I think you'll find Italy are a more dysfunctional side right now, Balotelli and a betting scandal, lots going on there.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:23 am

Got to feel sorry for Hodgson, he's a decent intelligent guy who has been chosen to pick the team he wants, yet an agent thinks its right to call his selection a disgrace, simply because he overlooked a has been injury prone carthorse.

He's the most likeable England manager for years, yet people just get on his back. Wouldn't blame him if he resigned after finishing third in the group in a couple of weeks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

Some of the selections are a disgrace as far as In concerned, 6 Liverpool players is it now ? Errrr, why ?
Super, if you think Kelly adds more than Ferdinand you know zilch about football quite frankly. I know you are biased but it's no excuse.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:33 am

Ferdinand is better than Kelly, but he's also a damn site more injury prone. Racist or not Terry will fight till his last breathe to win for England and that's a good footballing reason to have him in, regardless his off field thoughts.

Richards is not the first choice right back imo, that would be Kyle Walker. Richards was even trusted by Mancini in the games that matter that duty went to Zabaleta.

That said I'd have taken Richards over Kelly, I'd also have Richards over Ferdinand.

I actually think the squad looks pretty good, quite fresh and relatively balanced for a change.

If your talking disfunctional the Italians with the match fixing look dodgy, the french always seem to have a touch of infighting but the most likely to light the blue touch paper and implode as they regularly do are the dutch.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:39 am

I'm not saying that diggers, of course you can say that Kelly shouldn't be in there, but its ridiculous for an agent to say its a disgrace that Ferdinand isn't picked. It's Roy's prerogative, as he's manager. Someone is always going to be unhappy, you could also say that Johnson is better than Downing, but I don't hear Johnson or Carricks agent being petulant.

I agree that 6 Liverpool players is too many given how rubbish a team they are and how they got their manager fired, but does it really matter? There aren't 11 England players remotely capable of winning this, so who cares who he picks?

I'd actually be happy for England to do well if they dropped Gerrard, Cole and Terry, but they'll never do that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:44 am

Richards refused to go on the standby list, so playing for his country obviously doesn't mean that much to him.

Rio has failed to make a few tournaments when he is fully fit, how can they expect to trust him injury wise with a chronic back disorder and a tight schedule. Finally as is being proven by his outburst would not like to sit on the bench either, he has somehow got in his is head that is is his right to be in the England team.

Also what is proving to be a very injury prone squad Kelly brings versatility in he can play all along the back four.

There is low expectation on the Euros for once due to the late manager change, why not Bring in the younger players in reserve positions, they have played at top level if called upon but the experience they will get can only help for world cup.

If the strategy is good enough for Brazil, Argentina and such like, i am unsure why it is not good enough for a country who's only realistic hope at every Major tournament should be Quarter finals

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:47 am

You would have to show an astounding level of naivety to think that Ferdinand has been overlooked for Footballing reasons. The injury prone argument is redundant by the time you are picking Kelly – who will never start or play - as the player coming in is purely for cover. You would now be arguing Rio is the 6/7th best centre back England have??

To say Rio is a disgrace only confirms my suspicions that the average golfer has about as much insight as a Ukrainian football fan and cannot help but totally miss the point when it comes to matters of racism or any other injustice. The gut instinct politics of some on this board are a disgrace. I will happily continue to avoid the golf club bar,
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

Rio is 33 with a back problem

having a 33 year old as a reserve helps the country going forward in no way what so ever.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:08 am

Super, the point is and should be clear to anyone Ferdinand isn't there because of the Terry incident which is the disgrace, but nobody will admit that.
I think Hodgson, though a nice bloke, has made a complete pigs ear of his selection process.
Why would you drop Cole who is playing out of his skin right now ? That would be bizarre.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:09 am

Mac regardless of the reasons for Ferdinand omission a 33year old injury prone center back that refuses to sit on the bench is in no way a benefit to the team

As for staying out of golf club house bars based on this is a totally pointless thing nobody has condoned Terrys actions, all has been said is that he would lay everything on the line to stop the ball crossing England's goal line and in a major tournament that is what you need much like Terry Butcher and his bandaged head.

I think the way Ferdinand has stood by his brother over the Terry incident is superb and completely right both from a family perspective and racial stand point, but he is not on footballing grounds going to get in the England starting XI ahead of Terry or Lescott at the euros, and that is a football decision simply Lescott, Terry and Cahill before his injury this season have been miles ahead of Ferdinand and if as a Utd fan you cannot see that is simply a biased fans perspective.

So if Ferdinand refuses to sit on the bench because clearly this season others are better and more deserving of a starting jersey then what is the point taking him, better to take a young player to gain experience for an upcoming world cup qualifier. Classic tale of fans wanting a young squad, the manager obliging and fans then complaining their over the hill favourites aren't playing.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:10 am

Nay Bother wrote:Rio is 33 with a back problem

having a 33 year old as a reserve helps the country going forward in no way what so ever.

Whereas Kelly has an ability problem. He has none.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:18 am

Mac, you're like a pathetic sixth former on a guardian sponsored soap box.

so Roy should pick Ferdinand just to stop the chattering classes from claiming its down to Terry incident even if he doesn't rate him. although Roy could have saved himself a lot of trouble by leaving terry out too, as he's also too slow, too old and a total retarded scumbag.

they don't like each other, vis a vis like it or not it is indirectly a footballing issue.
still doesn't change the fact England are second rate and probably always will be.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

Well then, can anyone confirm that I have viewed Ferdinand from a bias perspective when I say he his a lot better than Kelly?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next