The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+31
SmithersJones
golfermartin
princedracula
4putt
raycastleunited
Slowride
oldparwin
incontinentia
Skydriver
Tiler76
I'm never wrong
Nay
1GrumpyGolfer
Josiah Maiestas
SpacemanSpiff
dynamark
hend085
Faldono1fan
oldshanker
Fader
barragan
super_realist
lorus59
Lairdy
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
navyblueshorts
Doon the Water
McLaren
Hibbz
Diggers
35 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't mind Paul Walsh at all, there are at least another 5 on the Sky Soccer Saturday that are way worse. Thompson is annoying , Nicolas just as bad, Merson is funny in an are you simple kind of way. George Best used to be worst of the lot.
I always found Graham Taylor's commentary annoying , that was his voice more than anything though.
In athletics Colin Jackson is very poor as is Denise Lewis.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:27 am

Trumps course opening today. Monty playing first round.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:15 am

And the environmentalists have asked the professionals not to play on certain areas of the course. I noticed a similar thing at the Lough Erne course - there were areas marked off as being of special environmental interest where players could not walk or retrieve a ball from.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

Bloody hippies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:10 am

super_realist wrote:Bloody hippies.
Bloody Trump.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

Looks amazing though Navy, popped up for a look the other night. Tremendous, worth bulldozing a drab windy, dune for.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

Super

Are you sure you mean a production curve? Traditionally in economics a production curve shows the different quantities of output possible for two goods which use very similar inputs, by assigning different levels of input to each.

Are you saying something that uses the same inputs as the oil industry is suddenly going to become a more efficient use of these resources compared to the oil industry in the north sea?

Or do you mean some sort of long term prediction of demand for north sea oil based on the price of its extraction?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

Mac,
I was actually referring to creaming curves or the available annual extraction potential , which I didn't expect you to know about, so I called them production curves instead so you could get a grasp of the situation.

However, whatever they are called, they are diminishing in the next 50 years, and we can agree that Fat Salmond can't base an economy on it.

Most of the viable fields have been found. Can't see there being a massive discovery in the North Sea, at least in the UK sector, perhaps in the Barents

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

mystiroakey wrote:I just dont want it to happen. i stand against it big time.

yeah let em vote.

What do you think about europe digs? should we remain?

do enough people understand the benefits when discussing these things or just the negatives?

Do people only vote on what they feel there are?

I defintely think we should remain in Europe but as an active partner, not the passive bystander we prefer to be. Who knows, maybe if we had joined the Euro we could have helped influence the control mechanisms and it might not have been such a disaster as it now would seem to be.
I think we have to be realistic when we assess how much information voters have, for instance I wouldnt expect anyone to have to read the Maastricht Treaty to have a say as to wqhether we stay in Europe or not, but hopefully they would have a grasp of the implications. I suspect those who dont by and large dont vote, and if they dont care and dont vote then they really dont exist in the context of the vote itself and cant really complain about the outcome. I used to say I was a protest voter or abstainer when I was younger, the truth is I was just lazy. So when I hear people moaning about either local govt or central govt I will always ask if they voted and if they didnt quite frankly I oculdnt give a monkeys what their opinions are.
I think those who do vote are either reasonably informed or for one reason or another tied to party lines and think they should vote that way as a matter of course. I dont have a problem with either scenario personally, at least they are involved in the process.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:07 am

I need a lie down after the last three posts.
Rat/mouse update .Poison has gone but woken in the night by scratching from under the shower tray.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:16 am

"woken in the night by scratching from under the shower tray."

Maybe you should stop burying people under the floor boards.

Super

By now I expect you to know your audience.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

There was some interesting stuff on recently about reopening tungsten and tin mines in cornwall.Serious investment required but the current market prices and the fact the chinese were restricting output made the numbers work.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Tue 10 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

Did you see the piece the bbc news did on the environmental impact of all those old mines and how deeply set the pollution is? I suppose one way to help pay for the clean up would be to start using the mines again as long as the pollution is contained/managed better this time.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

super_realist wrote:Looks amazing though Navy, popped up for a look the other night. Tremendous, worth bulldozing a drab windy, dune for.
I'm sure it does but I guess I could come up with something pretty good on that land and with the amount of money I'm sure he put in.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:36 am

Creamer has pretty stylish new hair -

https://twitter.com/ThePCreamer/status/223194518277730304/photo/1
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jul 2012, 7:16 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:Looks amazing though Navy, popped up for a look the other night. Tremendous, worth bulldozing a drab windy, dune for.
I'm sure it does but I guess I could come up with something pretty good on that land and with the amount of money I'm sure he put in.

Of course, doesn't make it any less impressive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:07 am

How fat are you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

Great site Mac.

I'm a 22 and apparently most like someone from the Philippines. Well under the global average

I don't think Shane Lowry will be doing it though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

lol i am below average in the uk and above average in the world!!!!

13 stone 8 pounds 6 foot 35 male, 26bmi.. yep I am possibly a stone over weight!!!

I am in the lightest 30 percent of males in the UK

but in the fatest 35% in the world!!

this country is fat

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

Very good Mac I like that,

My results, 87% less body fat than the national average and im most like an Angolan! Well under the global average as well

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

I am most like someone from georgia btw lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:26 am

I'm a 21 and I'm most like someone from Angola!
BMI isn't really that accurate though, two men of 6 foot weighing 90 kg can have vastly different physiques and body fat ratios.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:29 am

Yes, merely indicative. People don't really need a scale to tell them they could do with losing weight, we've got mirrors for that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

super_realist wrote:Yes, merely indicative. People don't really need a scale to tell them they could do with losing weight, we've got mirrors for that.

I find that very true, as if you go by national standards on weight + height then i'm bordlerline obesse (even though this little tests calls me angolan)! yet on scale of body fat i'm less than 10% body fat from years on tae kwondo and BJJ. So really the best measures are fitness tests and body fat measurement compared to the equations of height, weight and age.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

So where are the fat posters- i am getting a complex here lol- 3 people with bmi's of 22 or under!! You are rare beasts from my part of the world! The mirror may be telling you lot to bulk up abit !

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

Fader wrote:
super_realist wrote:Yes, merely indicative. People don't really need a scale to tell them they could do with losing weight, we've got mirrors for that.

I find that very true, as if you go by national standards on weight + height then i'm bordlerline obesse (even though this little tests calls me angolan)! yet on scale of body fat i'm less than 10% body fat from years on tae kwondo and BJJ. So really the best measures are fitness tests and body fat measurement compared to the equations of height, weight and age.

Fader what are you talking about - that test is based on the the correct bmi ratings- you came in at 21- thats no where near obese- obese is 30 - overweight is 25. Did you put the correct figures in?

However i have done the body fat test and i dont actually have anything like as much as my bmi suggests either. I can in with good figures(the one you hold on to with your hands)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Mysti, this test cam in with my BMI at 22 which is near on correct, what i'm talking about is the tests carried out in this country by medical staff.

I had a medical done recently for competition in a BJJ event that states based on my height my weight puts me borderline obese. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

What the medical examination I had done doesn't take into account is that muscle mass weighs more than fat. So based on the height weight charts i'm borderline obese, but based on body fat and BMI i'm better than I should be. Thats the bit that makes no sense it should be a combined test of all factors, just my opinion and i'm not one of the boffins who design these tests

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

Sorry mate i dont understand, this test doesnt take into account muscle- a porper medical examination actually could..

This works out your bmi by weight and height only

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

To be honest I don't know how to better explain it as i'm no Dr. All I know is based on height weight at my medical according I should be 9stone 5lbs. Which is just over a stone less than I actually weigh, if I weighed that I would look ill, and borderline dead.

I'm a short ass at 5feet 5inches and I weigh 10stone 9lbs, which is slightly increasing with more training.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:51 am

mystiroakey wrote:So where are the fat posters- i am getting a complex here lol- 3 people with bmi's of 22 or under!! You are rare beasts from my part of the world! The mirror may be telling you lot to bulk up abit !
Laugh I'm apparently one. Most like someone from Croatia it would seem. BMI is a scheiss way of assessing this sort of thing. I need to lose some weight (don't I know it!) but this calculator is patently carp. If I put in a few weights but leave everything else as it is, I'd have to be at a weight lower than when I was a regular rugby, squash, 5-a-side player and 2-3 times a week jogger to be 'average' according to this. I wonder what it would calculate, say, Mike Tindall at? Obese I would think picard.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:52 am

Well you must have put the wrong figures in then mate- because i think that does actually suggest your bmi is closer to mine and no where near 22.

The truth is if you are full of muscle you have no real body fat you are offcourse fine . My argument is based on the fact that your figures didnt add up, not on anything else.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

Well he's got a fat ugly head Navy, can't argue about that.

I don't think it's intended for athletes anyway, just a general guide as to where your weight sits in line with averages.

As I said, people know if they are fat.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

super_realist wrote:Well he's got a fat ugly head Navy, can't argue about that...
No argument on that point!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:03 am

Mysti thats my point excatly about BMI if done plainly on height and weight it's totally incorrect because it doesn't account for build and mass.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:04 am

by the way guys tindal and the top rugby players(the ripoped ones) would come in at closer to morbidilly obese than just obese- The uk average BMI is around obese anyway!!

If we look at tonga their average bmi is about 35 as well, we know that alot of that is due to genetics and they will on the whole have quite abit of muscle

BMI is just body mass index- you also need to take the body fat percentage test an all.

And many people are actually within there BMI limit but have too high a fat percentage as well. So that also has to be taken in to consideration

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:06 am

Fader wrote:Mysti thats my point excatly about BMI if done plainly on height and weight it's totally incorrect because it doesn't account for build and mass.

I think most of us understand that- my point was that you put the wrong figures into the bmi calculator. You come out at 25 not 22 or 21(what an angolian is)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

One minute and i'll it again see if i miss typed

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

Are you sure your doctor didnt say you were borderline overweight anyway- because that is what you are not obese dude!!

I reakon he just got it wrong..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:38 am

Ok Mysti, I must've mistyped because you are correct according to the correct figures it is 25.

To be honest mate doctor may have said that hard to understand the fella he could barely say my name in english.

However as said goes to show that bmi and height +weoght being used as a factor are no good, because if that is borderline over weight then its ridiculous because my fat ratio measurements are at 9% and that's been confirmed in several places from Dr's to those machines in boots. I use the gym 4 times a week, martial arts traiming 4 times and then play golf.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

P.s before anyone says not enough days a week to do gym and martial arts 4x a weel, I do gym sessions in mornings and training in evenings

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:46 am

yeah being overweight on a scale is relative mate. If your fit and toned this doesnt apply at all!

Ask this question on the rugby boards and almost everyone of them that has played will be miles over this limit

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=32928

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20