The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pulev vs ustinov *spoiler*

5 posters

Go down

pulev vs ustinov *spoiler* Empty pulev vs ustinov *spoiler*

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:54 pm

did anyone see this? poor poor stoppage, all down to ustinov, he took 4-5 big punches and took a knee to avoid another, then remained on his knee and tried getting up at the count of 11. to be fair to him he had took a lot of punishment (as his face showed) in a give and take affair till about the 8th, pulev took over and impressed me.

surely this will be either klitschkos next opponent, and deservedly so, but i wont mind seeing him take on povetkin if he come through later.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

pulev vs ustinov *spoiler* Empty Re: pulev vs ustinov *spoiler*

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 1:18 am

The poor stoppage was in the main undercard fight, why the ref jumped in I will never know. Two terrible stoppages in Germany when the home fighter was struggling in the last 2 weeks!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 30 Sep 2012, 2:59 am

To be honest I fully expected ustinov to come through this. I did wonder whether his limited match ups would cost him but I though given his size and abilty to use the jab he would dominate.

How wrong was I!....this is where Wlad (more than Vitali) has to earn his crust. It's all well and good people saying 'well he took on the best of the divison etc etc'...but this guy was a far more legitmate (and so was his opponent) than Manuel Charr. He isn't young but does the basics well enough and whilst not tall has shown that he wont just line up on the ropes. Given his win unless the K bros next go after Povetkin then failure to take on Pulev will once more leave a major dent on their legacy!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 11:20 am

Ustinov was way too much of a plodder to beat Pulev.

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 30 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

when i say poor stoppage in the fight i was referring to how he seemingly gave up. i'd definetly say pulev is the best hope at the moment, maybe a few more fights (povetkin and price would be perfect) and he is as ready as ever to take on a k bot

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

Eddy i'm talking about the Mark Thomson vs Jack Culcay fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:54 am

Don't know about it being a give & take affair - had Pulev winning every single round.
Pulev looked good, nice footwork & shot selection - certainly should be challenging one of the Ks within the next 12 months.
Ustinov looked like Valuev with a little bit of boxing skill!

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:The poor stoppage was in the main undercard fight, why the ref jumped in I will never know. Two terrible stoppages in Germany when the home fighter was struggling in the last 2 weeks!

Are you talking about the Sprott fight (think it was Sprott, Brit HW that shoved the ref)?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:56 pm

The two fights are:

1. Mark Thomson vs Jack Culcay
2. Michael Sprott vs Edmund Gerber

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:02 pm

Nothing beats the German shocker from about a yr ago when it was Danny Williams (I think) giving a pretty good hiding to his German counterpart only for the timekeeper to ring the bell half way through the round. Think they were somehow given more than 1 min rest too!

Edit: Might have been vs Manuel Charr, v controversial stoppage there, certainly one to add to your list.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

think it was konstant aircich, and his promoter reached over and rang the bell because he was in trouble. the ref also jumped in and saved him early on by giving him a standing 8 count, which were not in affect.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down