The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ustinov vs kimbo

+7
TRUSSMAN66
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
Coxy001
ONETWOFOREVER
tommyhearnsprodigalson
11 posters

Go down

Ustinov vs kimbo Empty Ustinov vs kimbo

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Yep you read it right, I've just noticed on Boxrec that this fight is scheduled for Dec, i have to say this is going to be one circus fight im definitely going to watch!

I give kimbo 45 seconds max until he's put out to pasture

What's the most farcical fight you've ever seen?

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Ustinov vs kimbo Empty Re: Ustinov vs kimbo

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:33 am

Haye/Harrison

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

A hawk wasp vs. any big spider. Farcical that something so small can maim a spider 20 times its size.

Farcical I tell thee.

On a boxing side of things:

Anyone Roy Jones Jr faced outside of Toney. Really helped carry the torch through boxings darkest hour. Clinton Woods defined his greatness for me.

Naseem Hamed punching out divisional fighters and then losing farcically to MAB via the ringpost.

Amir Khan fighting a school teacher and getting decked. Farcical.

Lewis vs McCall II - a guy refusing to defend himself and cry like he'd been bummed is one of the most farcical things I've seen. Ever.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

Aye, because Woods really was the best figher Jones fought and beat outside of Toney, Kirk!

Not sure about it being the most farcical fight, but possibly the dirtiest fight I've seen took place on a Jones undercard, strangely enough. A Featherweight title fight between Freddie Norwood and Dereck Gainer; the whole thing was a joke. Outrageous fouls (I'm talking nigh-on WWE stuff here) from both of them and it ended on some appalling low blows from Gainer, who was awarded a stoppage victory. Gainer was a good friend of Roy's and Jones had done a lot of promoting for the bill in advance, plugging Gainer who'd been waiting for a title fight for a long time. The event was as much about Gainer as it was about Jones and that probably had something to do with Gainer being allowed to win the fight in that manner, although Norwood had been dirtier than a miner's boots as well.

Nicky Cook turning up clearly not fit for purpose against Ricky Burns left a sour taste, too, especially considering it was a world title shot which he'd been ruddy fortunate to get in the first place.

In terms of cross over fights, Toney humiliating himself (and unfortunately to some MMA fanatics, humiliating the image of boxing as well) against Randy Couture back in 2010 was horrible as well. Not because he got beaten and beaten well, but because he approached it with such an awful and arrogant attitude. If you're going to go over to someone else's sport, James, at least show it a bit of respect by bothering to learn some of the basics and have a back up plan just in case, for some crazy reason, the guy doesn't decide to try and stand up to outbox the boxer!

Not so much the actual fight in this case, but if you take in to account the build up and post-fight interviews there's not much which can beat Larry Holmes against Rocky Pepeli for sheer comedy.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am

88Chris05 wrote:Aye, because Woods really was the best figher Jones fought and beat outside of Toney, Kirk!

Not sure about it being the most farcical fight, but possibly the dirtiest fight I've seen took place on a Jones undercard, strangely enough. A Featherweight title fight between Freddie Norwood and Dereck Gainer; the whole thing was a joke. Outrageous fouls (I'm talking nigh-on WWE stuff here) from both of them and it ended on some appalling low blows from Gainer, who was awarded a stoppage victory. Gainer was a good friend of Roy's and Jones had done a lot of promoting for the bill in advance, plugging Gainer who'd been waiting for a title fight for a long time. The event was as much about Gainer as it was about Jones and that probably had something to do with Gainer being allowed to win the fight in that manner, although Norwood had been dirtier than a miner's boots as well.

Nicky Cook turning up clearly not fit for purpose against Ricky Burns left a sour taste, too, especially considering it was a world title shot which he'd been ruddy fortunate to get in the first place.

In terms of cross over fights, Toney humiliating himself (and unfortunately to some MMA fanatics, humiliating the image of boxing as well) against Randy Couture back in 2010 was horrible as well. Not because he got beaten and beaten well, but because he approached it with such an awful and arrogant attitude. If you're going to go over to someone else's sport, James, at least show it a bit of respect by bothering to learn some of the basics and have a back up plan just in case, for some crazy reason, the guy doesn't decide to try and stand up to outbox the boxer!

Not so much the actual fight in this case, but if you take in to account the build up and post-fight interviews there's not much which can beat Larry Holmes against Rocky Pepeli for sheer comedy.

Surely you mean "good friend" wink wink wink?

I remember Toney being interviewed after being choked out and he was asked whether or no he needed to work on his ground game. Toney's response? "My ground game is fine" Er I just watched you flail weakly at Couture's arm whilst possibly signaling your corner to order in a dozen post fight Whoppers.

Big farces....Kim Kardashian? Erm, Mike Tyson vs Orlin Norris or Cliff Etienne...both utterly disgraceful "fights" but the Etienne one sticks in the craw for the simple fact that Cliff, having "KO'd" then walked out to boos from the crowd rubbing his fingers together in the "I just got paid" gesture. Scandalous

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Big farces....Kim Kardashian? Erm, Mike Tyson vs Orlin Norris or Cliff Etienne...both utterly disgraceful "fights" but the Etienne one sticks in the craw for the simple fact that Cliff, having "KO'd" then walked out to boos from the crowd rubbing his fingers together in the "I just got paid" gesture. Scandalous

Just read up on him, what a horrible bloke, certainly didn't get the last laugh tho:

"Clifford Etienne (born March 9, 1970 in Lafayette, Louisiana), also known as "The Black Rhino", is a former American boxer, who is currently serving a 105-year prison sentence without possibility of parole."

Shocked

"Well known heavyweight Clifford Etienne was arrested Wednesday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on charges of armed robbery, kidnapping and the attempted murder of a police officer. Etienne allegedly robbed a local business, car-jacked a vehicle containing a woman and her children, then pulled a gun on police officers. He is being held in East Baton Rouge Parish Prison with a $70,000 bond."

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Just you wait. 2119. The year of the rhino.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Take it his first fight will be against Hopkins then?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Captain Kirk wrote:Lewis vs McCall II - a guy refusing to defend himself and cry like he'd been bummed is one of the most farcical things I've seen. Ever.

You really are a class act aren't you ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:19 pm

I was involved in a farcical amateur bout back in the day, on a show in Follkstone . Due to fighting in the crowd the ref keep stopping the bout and sending us to our corners whilst appealing to the crowd that the boxing would be stopped if they didn't behave themselves, but to the two of us fighting, and to our corners it was pretty confusing as to whether the rounds were over or not.
At one point one of my opponents fans when threw a bottle at me whilst walking back to my corner.
I lost on points, and afterwards the bottle thrower came over and apologized!

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:22 pm

You were stinking the place out that's why !!..

By the way it was an expensive bottle of Chateauneuf du pape so If I could have it back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:29 pm

It was an empty bottle of lager, but you are probably right about the performance, I ended my career with 9 wins against 22 loses, so whilst I have the physique of Mark Breland, I certainly did not have his talent.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 pm

It wasn't on the undercard of Minter - Hagler was it ??

Look on the brightside Breland underachieved too !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Hamed vs Said Lawal. I was round a friend's watching the build up to the Bruno-Tyson 2 fight and Hamed was defending his title for the first time following some surgery on his right hand I think. 35 seconds later, it was all over and he decked Lawal with the first punch he threw with his "repaired" hand. Total joke opponent, presumably picked because he'd done a few rounds with Freddy Cruz (D & L in case you care - I don't...).

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Ben Mcculloch is in a competitive on the undercard, should be good.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Tillermans performance in the ottke Reid fight was definitely a farce.

A guy landing his para glider in the ring duran bowe holy 2 was fairly farcical.

Then of course there's a-farce himself - and his particularly farcical performance against haye.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 am

I saw a fight on YouTube in which after a lul in a fight between two guys, another guy hurls a SCOOTER at him from nowhere. A scooter comes from too many angles to defend and caught him square on the chin.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:16 am

There was another in which a guy takes a beating, then goes up to the camera saying "Look at my face, look at my face," referring to his unmarked face. Then the guy who beat him swings a brutal haymaker at his jaw from behind, wiping him out and leaving him face down. He then bellows "LOOK AT HIS FACE NOW!!" and storms off.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down