The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+32
JeffCarnage
gaelgowfer
SpacemanSpiff
Caito
princedracula
goldwolf
GunsGerms
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
oldshanker
Doon the Water
Slowride
raycastleunited
super_realist
shudofhita4iron
Skydriver
1GrumpyGolfer
oldparwin
matelot golfer
barragan
Plunky
Hibbz
SmithersJones
dynamark
incontinentia
hend085
mystiroakey
McLaren
JAS
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
Diggers
36 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 17:53

First topic message reminder :

Of course there are shades of grey but ultimately nobody can be sent to jail for saying they would like to kiddy fiddle but won't as it's illegal and cannot include consent by definition.
They go to jail when they break the law by looking at images or worse acts. So what do you do, change the laws ? Having an open debate won't change the laws, it will still come down to the same thing.
So whether they are deemed evil by society or not is ultimately fairly irrelevant as far as I can see. The end game remains the same.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 16:47

I want to see the show. I suppose it must be on the net somewhere

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 16:50

Prob be repeated on ITV.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 16:55

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=326137
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 4 Oct 2012 - 16:56

Ta guys,,

I just have to wait untill i get my broadband fixed. or watch it at work!! tethering off my phone at home at the moment Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:10

I take it everyone knows that Fader was Maverick?

Anyway, whatever his real identity was he seems to have left the site.

chilli lived in edinburgh somewhere not so far from me, so maybe I bump into him every now and again, guess i will never know.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:13

McLaren wrote:I take it everyone knows that Fader was Maverick?
How'd you know that?

Fader was a good bloke, shame he's not around anymore.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:20

Anyway, whatever his real identity was he seems to have left the site.

I don't think so Mac, what makes you think that??

They were quite different, Mav was a low Cat 1 with a daughter who was showing promise as a golfer herself. Fader had that long taken the game up although his handicap was dropping quickly. They weren't the same guy

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:22

incontinentia wrote:
How'd you know that?

Fader was a good bloke, shame he's not around anymore.

He went on the "other" site a while ago to deny he was Fader as it came up one there that it was all a bit suss...so who knows, both him and Fader have disappeared into the ether anyway.
In retrospect the big silly fallout was pretty funny, all to do with mods being jealous of who did what and something Mac said about a dog.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:23

Think Jas is correct Mac .Fader had started playing when he and missus split and she moved away with the kids.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:24

Dunno if Im allowed to post this but I shall try ... sheds some light, or darkness, on the Mav/Fader thing.

Last edited by barragan on Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This post broke the forum rules - advertising another forum. Edit-Barragan.)

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:28

Trust me people, fader and mav are one and the same. I am not the only one who worked it out.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:29

Whatever about Fader he certainly seemed like a big hit with the ladies!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:38

McLaren wrote:Trust me people, fader and mav are one and the same. I am not the only one who worked it out.
You didn't work anything out. It's just speculation. Care to document your evidence? If not, it's just idle gossip.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:41

Don't do it Mac. It's more fun just to "know".

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:46

Still doubt the Mav/Fader thing - two completely different sets of stories.
Both now disappeared, no doubt about that.

Mac,
I asked Rory - he was on the QH putting green at the time. He had a bit of a chortle about the whole thing - believe he and lw1 would have stayed on 606 but were warned off transferring to a non-BBC site; that's what Davie said, anyway.

I also liked crookedken, another very knowledgeable guy who fell foul of the mods.

chili used to get wound up about sensitivity to his weight, so that may narrow down your search.

Many knowledgeable posters from Northern Ireland, think that was subpar's home, and Tano and the infamous donny/150yardstothepin.

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 16:48; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 17:56

I was going to take Hibz advice and just bask in the knowledge that I "knew", but a tweet from davie has alerted me to my character being called into question.

So here goes;

As mav(and indeed as his twitter account name) he uploaded his swing to youtube on 606v2. Which you can see below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=l8SG1yUNnUw&feature=endscreen

We then get a new poster on 606v2 called Fader. He has a completely different back story to mav but he also posted his swing on v2.

Again here it is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnbt5bTozM&feature=youtu.be

They look kinda similar dont you think, well if in doubt pause faders at around 7 seconds and mavs at 17 seconds and flick between the two, there is no doubt now it is the same guy with exactly the same swing. It is definitely the same range as the landscape is the same in the background so either we have twins or something much stranger.

I was always suspicious about his tall tales and it seems I was right to be.

There is also the tale of someone under mav real name in mav/faders town having the same handicap as fader. This is odd and on the other side mav explains this away as someone sharing his name. That is odd as not only do they share the same name they seem to share exactly the same DNA!!

it is pretty clear what happened here so I hope my character is intact.

if you wish to see his sorry excuses read this;

_

No doubt he will have the sense to delete the video's so have a look while you still can.

Last edited by barragan on Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : This post broke the forum rules - advertising another forum. Edit-Barragan.)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 18:06

Spoiler:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 18:08

Fair play Mac. No-one was "calling your character into question" but, given t'internet and all, I tend to like to see evidence rather than rumour.
The two videos certainly look like the same person. Shame really. I've never understood why people pretend to be completely other than they are on the web.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 18:34

So there never was a Mrs. Fader who ran off with the milkman and Fader's two kids to Cheshire ?! And Fader never went to Italy for a family wedding ?!

This whole thing reminds me a bit of dating (in my distant past). You meet a guy, get to know him a little bit, start to like him, then he either disappears, or turns into somebody completely different ! laughing

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 18:35

navyblueshorts wrote:Fair play Mac. No-one was "calling your character into question" but, given t'internet and all, I tend to like to see evidence rather than rumour.
The two videos certainly look like the same person. Shame really. I've never understood why people pretend to be completely other than they are on the web.

To be fair Navy I quite frankly didn't believe Mac but the evidence presented would lead me to believe I can be a bit of a cynical fool sometimes...wonder if Trussman has left any of that humble pie!!

Fairplay Inspector Rebus!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 19:21

Ah Mac, I thought it was going to remain our little secret.

Oh and Plunky I'd hazard a guess Fader is nearer to the truth than Mav ever was.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 19:39

The chin thing removes all doubt, those videos are the same person. Well done mac, good sleuthing.

So Fader was not a golfing newbie of incredible talent? I feel so violated... Fell for that hook line n sinker.

How long have you known this mac? I had a look at the swing video thread from february and you remarked to fader that his swing had a touch of deja vu, did that arouse your suspicions?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:34

Given some of the things both maverick and fader have written regarding difficulties in his personal life, rather than celebrating such a discovery we ought to show some sensitivity towards this guy who is probably having a bit of a tough time of it. Perhaps living the perfect life on here was an escape from the stresses of a family break-up. Whatever the truth is, i wish him well.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:40

Oh come off it, he was just an out and out bullsh!tter.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:52

Hibbz
Maybe so, but doesn't mean there isn't a reason behind it and that we ought not feel some sympathy toward the guy. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and think there's more to this than creating an alternate life just for the heck if it.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:53

You have to have some underlying insecurities to need to big yourself up with bullsh1t in the first place. Could easily just be a manifestation of sms in this case, of course.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 21:55

Nice bit of detective work their Mac? Even share the same trainers with little dot on them towards the heal when weight has shifted onto front foot. Wonder if he's dipped in over here to see what the booby is and must be feeling a little sheepish?

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:03

I am with Hibbz on this one furious

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:32

look guys - i don't think there's really a need to 'take sides' here. you are more than entitled to feel annoyed by this. all i am doing is suggesting there might be some underlying issues here for the guy and perhaps his clumsy coverup was a cry for support of sorts. anyway life goes on, and i suggest so should we Hug

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:34

Let's face it we might only have scratched the surface of his alter egos. Any one of us could be one, in fact maybe we all are !!!! Shocked

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:36

a conspiracy theory worthy of jorge luis borges that is diggers

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:41

Was he the bloke who shot Kennnedy ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:47

nup - sorry i though you wiz a reader... he's a brilliant writer - i often read the odd short story from labyrinths on the bus into work now and again

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 22:47

I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 23:10

Ban

I agree that it is hardly something we should take much pleasure from, and I would have kept it as Hibbz and I's dirty little secret if he hadn't totally laid into me on the other site in turn causing others to think it was I who was the fraud. I hope however that he comes back on here and that we can all just laugh it of.

Also any chance we could move all this to the anything goes thread as the stuff about old 606 was pretty good and is in danger of being overshadowed?

incon

"How long have you known this mac? I had a look at the swing video thread from february and you remarked to fader that his swing had a touch of deja vu, did that arouse your suspicions?"

I knew pretty much from the second he started posting, hence why I used to make comments about him seeming to have more knowledge than the length of time he had been playing suggested. In the very beginning I just knew the guy was bullshitting, then after a few more posts he started to display the traits of mav. When the video showed up it confirmed it for me.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 23:12

Diggers wrote:Let's face it we might only have scratched the surface of his alter egos. Any one of us could be one, in fact maybe we all are !!!! :shock:

how do you think I knew about it? :shock:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 23:47

Ah Maverick, as the famous saying goes from the film from which he takes his name" you screwed up just this much, and youll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog-sh@t out off Hong Kong!" Smile

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 10:04

Anyone else feel like Darth Fader has just said "No... I am your father..."?

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 12:55

i also think fader was more the truth than mav
some of mavs stories stunk of bull,fast cars,nurses etc,but the best was his stats for a season ithink it was 23 putts average and other unbelieveable averages,it just didnt add up
but no harm done really its just a bit weird why you would do it,or maybe he did it for a laugh with his mates,who knows?

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 15:13

Having watched the videos I sincerely doubt his +1 credentials.
Also he looks about 20 so would also doubt his military history, audi q7 and two kids, moving to the states etc.

What is the point in these tall tales. Very disappointing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 16:13

Oh, one thing Mac. Are you sure the 'Maverick' of that YouTube video is the same 'Maverick' of 606 and here? I guess there are a few 'Mavericks' on the Internet...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 19:26

It is just possible that Fader also calls himself Maverick away from this board and only didn't give himself that moniker here as it was already taken.

Was it actually Maverick himself that pointed you at the (Maverick) vid on youtube Mac?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 20:43

monkey

Last edited by incontinentia on Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 3:33; edited 1 time in total
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 21:21

incontinentia wrote:
JAS wrote:It is just possible that Fader also calls himself Maverick away from this board and only didn't give himself that moniker here as it was already taken.
Nice try Fader, the game's up. What other guises have you? navyblueshorts? barragan?

Come out with it!

navyblueshorts wrote:Oh, one thing Mac. Are you sure the 'Maverick' of that YouTube video is the same 'Maverick' of 606 and here? I guess there are a few 'Mavericks' on the Internet...

barragan wrote:Given some of the things both maverick and fader have written regarding difficulties in his personal life, rather than celebrating such a discovery we ought to show some sensitivity towards this guy who is probably having a bit of a tough time of it. Perhaps living the perfect life on here was an escape from the stresses of a family break-up.

What??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 22:23

Buttocks

picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 22:31

Baffling, but i suspect in jest..

Personally i miss must putt better
graeme disappeared ages ago too shortly after organising a gullane outing - i used to enjoy his discussions with Sr and mac re golf in fife

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 23:53

Ya just kiddin around, had a look at that other site man its quiet over there. Seems to be a few from here too. Suppose its too late for y'all to bury the hatchet and join up again?

Suppose i can see Fader's motivation slightly, he obviously enjoyed posting here and prob wanted to start afresh after a falling out.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 7:23

Btw fader was a decent poster- Dont care muvch else- I really dont think he was mav, but hey i could be wrong.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 7:30

Ok Just saw Mav and faders swing- they are the same person. Forget the swing(which is actually quite nice btw) they are same person- However he looks to have lost abit of weight. What i dont understand is that he doesnt look like he has a b,mi of 25! he looks abit thinner than that!

So by that reakoning I am not 100% sure its him. Why would someone say they are fatter that they are..Its all good being given Youtube clips under usernames- but this could have all been made up!! And macs the one giving the evidence. I am not convinced..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Sun 7 Oct 2012 - 10:03

I think the youtube clips are both mac. It's all an elaborate hoax... Very Happy

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next