The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+32
JeffCarnage
gaelgowfer
SpacemanSpiff
Caito
princedracula
goldwolf
GunsGerms
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
oldshanker
Doon the Water
Slowride
raycastleunited
super_realist
shudofhita4iron
Skydriver
1GrumpyGolfer
oldparwin
matelot golfer
barragan
Plunky
Hibbz
SmithersJones
dynamark
incontinentia
hend085
mystiroakey
McLaren
JAS
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
Diggers
36 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 02 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Of course there are shades of grey but ultimately nobody can be sent to jail for saying they would like to kiddy fiddle but won't as it's illegal and cannot include consent by definition.
They go to jail when they break the law by looking at images or worse acts. So what do you do, change the laws ? Having an open debate won't change the laws, it will still come down to the same thing.
So whether they are deemed evil by society or not is ultimately fairly irrelevant as far as I can see. The end game remains the same.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:17 am

Actually i suspect that a number of posters over the years have had multiple accounts. Probably more common than we think.

There was el wedgo pitcho who was a complete tool and went away and came back as golden bear or similar, i think some people make mistakes with their posts and online personalities and on here you can reinvent yourself.

Maybe maverick had to "move to the US " as the only way to bow out gracefully because his bullship stories were spiraling out of control.

I guess the mods could prob check ip addresses if they wanted to.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Yeah its very common.

But I will never take macs word for it. Oddly enough He has assualting fader just before he dissapeared.

And even if Mav was fader- no dramas- i like em both anyway. I was much more of a fleeting poster back in the 606 days on golf. Hung about much more on footy,rugby and cricket. I do remember a few dingdongs with a few- may have been mac,sr, lj and goldwolf, and certainly mericuo and the others that have left this site.. Anyway anyone that holds a grudge needs to forget about it. Its only a forum ffs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

I've rarely come across a poster who stank more of BS than Maverick.But I could handle that, what got me was the utter lack of any self depreciation whatsoever. Fader seemed OK but there was always something a bit suss about him.
I for one hope it's true as its hilarious and quite frankly there are better things to sympathise with and worry about than why an Internet troll/hoaxer does what he does.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

And I'd like to add that for all his foibles Mac is probably one of the most honest posters on here, not that that's always a good thing . I certainly don't think for a second he fabricated the whole thing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 07 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

Mysti

Do you not think that is a rather insulting few posts you have made above? Maybe you should go back and look at the source of both video's before making absurd accusation about me fabricating this.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:07 pm

Diggers

Should have added a thanks for your kind words. OK
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 6:02 pm

Mac please dont take offense pal. But i think we need to see all sides before we condem someone. I know you and him had a tiff just before he left. And I know what you can be like to us slightly more sensitive posters(yes i admit me included)
, and i honestly thought he left due to you.

That might not be the case and you may be 100% spot on. But i am not gonna believe it completly- I got on with fader and i thought he was a good addition to this forum(a Bs'er or not)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:14 pm

i'm maverick - and so's my wife

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:16 pm

Coincidentally, Fader made his last post on here the day before Mav's declaration of honesty on the link mac posted earlier ( that i was obliged to remove due to forum rules ). Neither have posted on either site since. I guess he just got bored with the lack of action over there, and thought he needed to set up a new identity here to be included. Anyway further speculation is a waste of everyone's time. I've left this thread standing, as its purpose was good and interesting, but if we can't divert it back in that direction it might as well be locked. Back on topic anyone? OK

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

No I am Maverick.

I do wish they would do something about the weeds in the gravel at the range in both those pictures

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:27 pm

No (OS stands up) I am Maverick!!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

So predictable
Laugh

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:37 pm

Not a bad day, just been out and shot a 59 with 18 putts, jumped in the fully loaded Aston and had a jump on a supermodel in a nurses outfit I ran into.
I am Maverick !

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

Seemed like you were happy with the debate when it was one sided...

Anyway...

What's happened to goldwolf...?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:53 pm

ban

No need to lock the thread, as I said earlier just move the fader/mav stuff to a new thread or to the anything goes one.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:07 pm

barragan wrote:Coincidentally, Fader made his last post on here the day before Mav's declaration of honesty on the link mac posted earlier ( that i was obliged to remove due to forum rules ). Neither have posted on either site since. I guess he just got bored with the lack of action over there, and thought he needed to set up a new identity here to be included.

not to mention the lack of action here (apart from this thread)

what is his new identity here now?

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 07 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

Slowride wrote:i'm maverick - and so's my wife
Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:21 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Seemed like you were happy with the debate when it was one sided...
Headscratch Eh? Not the first time i suggested we moved on.

Last edited by barragan on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Slowride wrote:
barragan wrote:Coincidentally, Fader made his last post on here the day before Mav's declaration of honesty on the link mac posted earlier ( that i was obliged to remove due to forum rules ). Neither have posted on either site since. I guess he just got bored with the lack of action over there, and thought he needed to set up a new identity here to be included.

not to mention the lack of action here (apart from this thread)

what is his new identity here now?

shame, but typical of a quiet weekend and especially now the season is slowing. Still, last week was relatively busy.
As for your second question - couldn't give the furry crack of a rats behind thumbsup (your secrets safe...)

barragan

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Off topic discussion to Anything goes thread

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:36 am

barragan wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Seemed like you were happy with the debate when it was one sided...
Headscratch Eh? Not the first time i suggested we moved on.

Oh right soz...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

It must be worth a look for the mods to check if mysti has ever posted using any of the IP address's faverick used? (or would maver by better?)

mysti is just putting up too much of a fight not to arouse suspicion.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

My problem is clearly with you. no one else. and i wouldnt be suprised if you made all this up. Now your casting more suspicions on me!!. Get a life pal..

And just stop trying to push others off this forum. You pushed fader off this site for no good reason. If you knew that he was another poster. Who actually became a very decent poster and a c redit to this forum- you should have been man enough to let it slide and let him crack on. All your actions are doing is making sure he will never come back.

Now just drop it and get a life!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

CALM DOWN guys.

It is time to put all bickering and speculation regarding this behind us. I have checked with the Forum Administration, and Fader / Mav have matching IP addresses. Fader was apparently approached some time ago and informed that it was 'known', but, he was not rebanned as he was making a positive contribution to the Forum. He stopped posting here shortly afterwards.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Banban

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:07 pm

no problem, now lets get back to talking about some friggin' golf king

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:08 pm

How can you make a positive contribution when what is being posted is most likely a pack of lies ? It's not a fiction site. Bizarre.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

Oh i dunno. jeas.. He seemed allright. Who cares. We have all been in discussions with people that he dont have a scooby about..

I think it should be clear to most that fader was probally the truer version of himself!!

He wasnt digging at anyone- he was just spending some time to chat. there was no malice in fader. He clearly left because people worked out who he was previously..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

I don't think anything is clear other than that he made things up and you can't trust a word he wrote. The fact the supposed pretend persona came before the supposed real persona negates any trust as far as I can see.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

Well I was happy to meet him for a round at one point- And then when it boiled down to it he stoped posting on that topic!!

anyway- the kid is young- young is clearly the operative word here

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

Nah, he wasnt a kid, just a fantasist. Didnt write remotely like a juvenile.
Anyway glad its been resolved once and for all, funnily enough I think Gael was probably the first person to question his legitimacy on here and got a load of grief for it. Hopes she still has the odd glance and feels vindicated.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

Maybe the mods from the rugby forum have got way to much into my head. There is a similar situation on there concerning AWOP- who is actually a funny poster half the time. But we all know who he is/was. But initially the mpds were threatening bans etc if we kept it up!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:39 pm

Well done Sleuth Mac, I was sceptical about all your evidence until Judge barra confirmed the hoax. How pointless.

(Too bad gael is no longer posting on here . . . . don't think she would feel the need to be vindicated on anything though!)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:43 pm

Mysti

Please explain what I did to force fader off the site? I called him out when I knew he was making stuff up, but don’t see what is wrong with that.

It is true that we will never know who makes stuff and who doesn’t, so there is a large amount on uncertainty about all posts. I choose to believe most people on here, apart from some yardages. Which is more wishful thinking than lies.

Given all this uncertainty you can either conclude that outing one known fake account makes no difference or that making at least one fake poster a known is a small but positive step.

When he posted as Mav I thought his lies really interfered with a lot of debate and it annoyed me. To then see that he had come back with another back story, after trying to ruin the board during out little falling out, was just a step too far. I kept his secret for many, many months until he wrote an article on the other side which tried to make me seem like a nut job with a crack pot theory. The stupidity of which was staggering, given that he must have known I would have proof and that the v2 mods knew the truth as well.

Even after outing him it is clear most people, including myself, would welcome him back as long as he owned up to his seriously bizarre behaviour and accepted the truth. Not sure anyone will trust anything he posts but he is definitely welcome back. So I did nothing other than expose him, and not force him away as you seem to think.

I don’t know if you know the guy in real life or away from the forum but why you are trying to support his actions really is baffling me.

And finally please chill out, it was clearly a joke when I posted you might share the same IP address as faverick.

I would also like to know what possessed him to make up the mavette stuff? That is the oddest of all the tales he told.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Anyone's yardages in particular Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

300 yard 3 woods.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:53 pm

I kid you not Mac, I can easily hit my three wood 260-280, in calm/light wind conditions.
I hit a couple over 330 last week on downwind, downhill holes on The Castle.

If you have the right swing and a club suited to you there is no reason why someone can't hit it 300 yards. The difference between amateurs and pro's is not how far they hit it but what they do around and on the green.

I once played with a guy who had won the Silver Medal at The Open and played at The Masters and there was nothing between our driving. Short game was a different story though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:59 pm

So...Minimac and Super are the same people as well......

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:00 pm

Thanks Kwini.

I wonder of we should have an amnesty on the board where anyone with faverick type situation developing can come clean and have no actions taken against them. We just accept anything brought up and move on?

We need to avoid these terribly distressing situations in the future.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Care to start Mac? There must be a few skeletons in your closet?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:06 pm

Mac sorry pal.. You were right in this case.. I am a little bit dissapointed with him if truth be told. And i shouldnt be because its only a forum. Remember that I wasnt about during the fall out- I was on a forum break!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

Mysti

Not as humble a response as I would have expected from you, but I guess that half hearted attempt at an apology will have to do.

PS you secret is safe with me.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

barragan wrote:

It is time to put all bickering and speculation regarding this behind us. I have checked with the Forum Administration, and Fader / Mav have matching IP addresses

Trust me that means nothing. IP tracking is an inexact science. Anyone with a bt broadband connection in the same approximate geographical area is likely to have the same address they all go through farms of proxy servers. Same if two people are posting on mobile devices with the same carrier

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:46 pm

Depends on the IP address. If its an external static address assigned from an ISP then it's unique, most business of any size over say 8 staff will have a unique IP so if he posts from work then you could see it was the same person most likely.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

Well correct but by the same token a company with 500 employees would also use that same single external address so you strengthen my point

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:18 pm

This isnt the old BBC site with a host of posters, the golf board really isnt that busy. Its stretching it to believe, with all the other evidence, that Maverick and Fader just happened to work in the same place.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:18 pm

Diggers wrote:... funnily enough I think Gael was probably the first person to question his legitimacy on here and got a load of grief for it. Hopes she still has the odd glance and feels vindicated.
Gael had a way of posting that garnered grief no matter what I'm afraid.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:23 pm

Spot on diggers.

Does anyone still think fader/mav were not the same person?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

I think gael just had an attitude that she wasn't going to let anyone slag her off - thought she was a refreshing element to be honest, and very knowledgeable. Sad loss to the board.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

McLaren wrote:Mysti

Not as humble a response as I would have expected from you, but I guess that half hearted attempt at an apology will have to do.

PS you secret is safe with me.

raspberry

thats all your getting pal..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

"Does anyone still think fader/mav were not the same person?"

only 95% sure. There is a host of overwhemling evidence that cant be discounted..But dont get illusions of grandeur and think you are the reincarnated sherlock homles..

BTW Mac- share my secret to all and sundry, just let it out.. I am in the dark as much as everyone else is

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next