The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar

+4
Liam_Main
oxring
manos de piedra
Soldier_Of_Fortune
8 posters

Go down

Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar Empty Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:12 pm

After being the last unfortunate boxer to receive a TKO lost under the old BBBC rule due to a cut caused by a clash of heads in the 1st round. You would think he would be granted an immediate rematch for the British Title.

I know Boxrec is not the most reliable by Paul Edwards in pencilled in to defend his title against Chris Edwards on 11/06/2011.

I think that this is a bit of a joke really and wouldnt be too happy being in Shinny's shoes.

Also there is a decent test booked in for David Price against John McDermott in a British title eliminator on that day. Think this will be a good match for Price but I can't help but feel sorry for McDermott cos I cant see him beating Price and it looks like he will never pick up that British title.

Last edited by Soldier_Of _Fortune on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar Empty Re: Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar

Post by manos de piedra Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:After being the last unfortunate boxer to receive a TKO lost under the old BBBC rule due to a cut caused by a clash of heads in the 1st round. You would think he would be granted an immediate rematch for the British Title.

I know Boxrec is not the most reliable by Paul Edwards in pencilled in to defend his title against Chris Edwards on 11/06/2011.

I think that this is a bit of a joke really and wouldnt be too happy being in Shinny's shoes.

Also there is a decent test booked in for David Price against John McDermott in a British title eliminator on that day. Think this will be a good match for Price but I can't help but feel sorry for McDermott cos I cant see him beating Price and it looks like he will never pick up that British title.

Could be that cut took a fair while to heal. It was a pretty brutal one. Hopefully he gets a rematch somewhere down the line.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar Empty Re: Price v McDermott and Shinny Bayaar

Post by oxring Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:Also there is a decent test booked in for David Price against John McDermott in a British title eliminator on that day. Think this will be a good match for Price but I can't help but feel sorry for McDermott cos I cant see him beating Price and it looks like he will never pick up that British title.

Well - Fury hasn't fought anyone in McDermott's class just yet; and McDermott has showed that he can teach up-and-coming young heavyweights a thing or 2.

I am inclined to feel that his time has come and now gone, though. His wars with Williams are distant memory and the Williams/Sexton/Sprott/Harrison merry-go-round of UK boxers pretty much consigned to history (thankfully). With Chisora/Fury/Price/Towers/Dallas/Sexton coming through the UK is quite blessed for HWs - and John needs to beat at least one of them to throw himself into the mix.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:29 pm

oxring wrote:
Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:Also there is a decent test booked in for David Price against John McDermott in a British title eliminator on that day. Think this will be a good match for Price but I can't help but feel sorry for McDermott cos I cant see him beating Price and it looks like he will never pick up that British title.

Well - Fury hasn't fought anyone in McDermott's class just yet; and McDermott has showed that he can teach up-and-coming young heavyweights a thing or 2.

I am inclined to feel that his time has come and now gone, though. His wars with Williams are distant memory and the Williams/Sexton/Sprott/Harrison merry-go-round of UK boxers pretty much consigned to history (thankfully). With Chisora/Fury/Price/Towers/Dallas/Sexton coming through the UK is quite blessed for HWs - and John needs to beat at least one of them to throw himself into the mix.

Blessed or potentially cursed. The Williams/Sexton/Harrison/Sprott are still a painful memory and at the time that was being touted as something of potential. Probably destroyed the British boxing publics will to live.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:31 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
oxring wrote:

Blessed or potentially cursed. The Williams/Sexton/Harrison/Sprott are still a painful memory and at the time that was being touted as something of potential. Probably destroyed the British boxing publics will to live.

Remember Skelton-Sprott? Sometimes, to this day, when watching a really dull fight, I remember that I managed to watch that one, so it can't be that bad.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

oxring wrote:

Give Mcdermott credit though for beating Larry Obuwambiwo who according to Frank Warren was ment to be the next "big" heavyweight.Richard Towers and Tom Dallas are good prospects and will deserve a British title shot in a few months.For me Chisora and Price are are gonna do well in Boxing Tyson Fury is terrible I really don't know what the big buzz is about him cocky,lacks snap in his jab has no speed and the worst things hes a massive prat I hope Derek Chisora shuts his mouth.Chisora vs Price would be a good match up:)
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Liam_Main4 wrote:
oxring wrote:

Give Mcdermott credit though for beating Larry Obuwambiwo who according to Frank Warren was ment to be the next "big" heavyweight.Richard Towers and Tom Dallas are good prospects and will deserve a British title shot in a few months.For me Chisora and Price are are gonna do well in Boxing Tyson Fury is terrible I really don't know what the big buzz is about him cocky,lacks snap in his jab has no speed and the worst things hes a massive prat I hope Derek Chisora shuts his mouth.Chisora vs Price would be a good match up:)

thumbsup Yer John does deserve credit for beating Obuwambiwo. Sky were making out that John didnt have much left and then he did TKO'd Larry in a round.

I did think John would win if he dragged him into the later rounds and not excert himself too much but looks like Larry is going to be Pele Reid II

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:35 pm

oxring wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
oxring wrote:

Remember Skelton-Sprott? Sometimes, to this day, when watching a really dull fight, I remember that I managed to watch that one, so it can't be that bad.

sprott is back in action with prizefighter- if he wins that (somehow) then maybe it could be sprott vs chisora for the british title after the fury fight?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Dallas in for McDermott.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Throat infection

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am

thumbsup Yer John does deserve credit for beating Obuwambiwo. Sky were making out that John didnt have much left and then he did TKO'd Larry in a round.
I knew McDermott would win, but not that way, i thought he'd outbox the big lump of drift wood

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 am

Price and Dallas have been sparring each other not so long ago.

Going off Dallas last performance, I would see Price as amost certainty to win. Price and Page and two difference types of fighter, but I Price is a couple of levels above Dallas IMO

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:21 am

Going off Dallas last performance, I would see Price as amost certainty to win. Price and Page and two difference types of fighter, but I Price is a couple of levels above Dallas IMO
I like Price he seems a nice down to earth lad, however if he does win this i'd worry about him against Fury or Chisora, or Sexton

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Going off Dallas last performance, I would see Price as amost certainty to win. Price and Page and two difference types of fighter, but I Price is a couple of levels above Dallas IMO
I like Price he seems a nice down to earth lad, however if he does win this i'd worry about him against Fury or Chisora, or Sexton

To be honest, I can only see Chisora giving Price trouble..

Fury is very overrated and Sexton gases after 3 rounds.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down