The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

+34
kemet
Henman Bill
Incrediblexman
ALPanorak
carrieg4
banbrotam
bogbrush
Calder106
HM Murdock
sportslover
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
invisiblecoolers
Haddie-nuff
time please
lags72
hawkeye
Chydremion
prostaff85
sirfredperry
laverfan
CAS
Jahu
The Special Juan
Josiah Maiestas
CaledonianCraig
barrystar
Mad for Chelsea
Silver
slashermcguirk
FedsFan
Danny_1982
lydian
User 774433
38 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 10 Empty ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by User 774433 Mon 5 Nov - 13:04

First topic message reminder :

WIll be updated each day with new schedule:
THE FINALE:

Evening: 8:00 PM Start
NOVAK DJOKOVIC (1) vs ROGER FEDERER (2)

Group standings:
Group A:
Djokovic- 3-0
Murray- 2-1
Berdych- 1-2
Tsonga- 0-3

Group B:
Federer- 2-0
Ferrer- 1-1
Del Potro- 1-1
Tipsarevic- 0-2

Semis:
Djokovic bt Del Potro
Federer bt Murray

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sun 11 Nov - 23:59; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : No Reason)

User 774433

Back to top Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 10 Empty Re: ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:04

excellent response from Murray in the opening game of the second set, a couple of big serves and a cracking BH to hold serve comfortably...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD  - Page 10 Empty Re: ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS- LIVE MATCH THREAD

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov - 21:05

It Must Be Love wrote:Crowd firmly behind Roger.
From where I'm sitting its 70-30 Fed support.

Let me try and balance that lol

Don't worry Amrit, we know you're doing you're best Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 11 Nov - 21:05

emancipator wrote:Amazed at how much support Fed seems to have
very true that too playing the local hero. thumbsup

In the entire 1st set Fed played his best when he was under pressure, so I believe the 2nd set might go to Murray and we are in for a 3 set Marathon.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:07

Federer responds with an immaculate service game. The point at 15-0 shows why this isn't such a bad court for Federer after all Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 11 Nov - 21:10

More compassion please IMBL.

Old man Fed might need you to help him across the road when this is finished ... Cool

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov - 21:13

Brilliant point construction from Fed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:13

awful from Murray, seems on his way to a routine hold but inexplicably misses three straightforward BHs to gift the break... I think the answer to my previous question is no Sad

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 11 Nov - 21:14

Murray's pathetic drop shots put him in trouble from 40-0, now he lost his serve from an ultra comfortable position of 40-0, just can't believe it.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:14

also, am I the only one who thinks Murray's first serve has looked very forced today?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 11 Nov - 21:15

Oh dear.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:15

how poor has the Murray BH been today? never seen him make so many errors off that wing...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 11 Nov - 21:16

Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck. Similar game from the 2nd set in Shanghai where Fed was cruising at 40-0 and lost his serve. Novak's to lose against either IMO. Where has this Fed form come from? He's playing his best tennis of the week now.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 11 Nov - 21:16

Murray looking around the arena a lot. I genuinely think he's taken aback by Fed having the majority of the support.

I think Murray may be toast here.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 11 Nov - 21:17

The BH has spewed UE's. Fair play to Fed, he knows what to do and is treating the 2nd serve like Murray did in Shanghai.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:17

and another...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 11 Nov - 21:18

His head drops.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:18

painful to watch Sad

all Fed needs to do is keep the ball in at the mo, Murray beating himself Sad

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:21

Murray holds off the back of a good FH and an ace with a couple of loose shots from Fed thrown in, but I don't think he's got a huge amount left in the tank...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 11 Nov - 21:22

Fair comment from the commentator at sky sports regarding Murray's performance , "perhaps he doesn't fully understand the new aggressive style he is playing right now" , may be Murray needs a bit more time to settle down on this new style.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:23

and again, that huge kick off the second serve showing that this court doesn't disfavour Fed at all Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:24

another missed BH from Murray, way too many free points gifted away...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 11 Nov - 21:25

Tennis audiences aren't quite as patriotic as say football matches, they often just support the player they like the most. London is also a long way from Scotland...or even the north for that matter.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:25

Murray continues to miss BHs, real danger now, 15-30...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 11 Nov - 21:26

Murray has checked out of this by the looks of it. Very unlike him this year.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 11 Nov - 21:28

Oh man, the BH of the tournament. Fed brakes again.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:28

and Fed duly takes the BP with a superb BH pass. Murray as Danny says looks like he's checked out, been a very poor performance after the first 5 games or so...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov - 21:29

Brilliant last three points from Fed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 11 Nov - 21:31

My word, what a shot. Fed's net play has been great today so it'll be interesting if he can bring it v Novak tomorrow. Better man won; all you can ask for.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 11 Nov - 21:31

Yesss Fed takes it, Djoko is next victim Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:31

been a strange season for Murray: almost as if he's been trying so hard to win that elusive slam that when he managed he's dropped quite a lot of intensity. Federer solid enough after a poor start, and that was more than enough to get him through as Murray imploded...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 11 Nov - 21:32

Fed's BH is still class and gives hope to inspiring future SHBHers. Why would Murray check out, perhaps he's just being outplayed at key moments?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:36

like I said lydian, I think winning the Us Open took a lot out of him mentally and the intensity just hasn't been there in the last couple of months since. I think the end of the season will bring him a welcome break, and hopefully he'll be back fit and firing again next year.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sun 11 Nov - 21:37

Well played Federer. Fully deserved win. Murray's serving in that second set was awful. Too many first serves missed and Federer was just feeding off his second serve whist playing very securely on his own serve.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 11 Nov - 21:40

He may not be quite the player he was, and throw in a lot more dodgy performances than he used to, but every now and then TMF makes an appearance and reminds me how much I can love this sport.

It gonna be cr@p when he goes, at least for some of us.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 11 Nov - 21:42

Maybe m4c, I just think Fed was too good today.
I said similar things about Nadal-Djokovic post USO 11 and got lambasted for it! Although to be fair his results have been decent...final in Shanghai Masters with MPs, similarly vs Raonic and Janowicz.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 11 Nov - 21:43

Make no mistake BB I'll miss seeing Federer play.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 11 Nov - 21:43

I saw a lot of things I thought I wouldn't tonight. A London crowd jeer Murray when he changed his racket, a British crowd virtually completely behind Federer and a Murray who seemed affected by the atmosphere and unsure of his new aggressive approach.

Of course, we also saw many moments of incredible Federer moments. Why oh why do people on this forum keep saying he is falling away? He can still beat all his main rivals and in terms of natural talent he's still the man.

I think he might win tomorrow as well.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 11 Nov - 21:47

He's just more inconsistent now Danny. It's inevitable, but not a criticism.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:51

I agree Danny, I thought the crowd was a bit disappointing. Even when Murray was down and in real trouble they weren't gettting behind him at all... Especially surprising when you consider the Olympics and his other matches here...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 11 Nov - 21:53

That was quite surprising. Federer is kind of everywhere's 'home' player but Murray was the real home guy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 11 Nov - 21:55

lol boris fisty cuffs

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 11 Nov - 21:55

Murray would probably have been a much better player had he been Spanish Wink the crowds there get right behind their home players (to a fault sometimes) and Murray seems to really thrive on that sort of atmosphere (as in the Olympics where he played IMO the best tennis of his career)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 11 Nov - 21:57

Yes MFC, I was disappointed too. Not behind him at all it seemed. I mean, Federer gets love everywhere and deserves it, but jeering him for changing his racket... In the uk??

He usually revels in it when he's not the crowd favourite, but I think it got to him tonight. I was really disappointed by his lack of support.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 11 Nov - 21:58

Maybe at O2 there's a real tennis audience unlike at Olympics? And today didn't have the incentive of having the first British Wimbledon winner in 70 years.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 11 Nov - 21:58

The problem BB is that if you strongly link your love of tennis to just one player you're always going to have an issues when he goes? Yes it's going to take some time for another huge talent to come along but I believe surfaces will speed up and tennis grips will un-Westernise to result in a different game to today. But it will take time...plenty to Tinkywinky the interest in the meantime.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 11 Nov - 22:00

I WILL CRY WHEN FED RETIRES Sad

BUT THAT ISN'T FOR SOME TIME YET! Yahoo
WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sun 11 Nov - 22:05

I've now officially given up on wondering when Federer will take his last curtain call. From now until he retires, my assumption will be that he can win any event in the calendar and beat any player along the way.

I'm finding the final tough to call. I'd maybe make Novak the favourite on the basis that he's had the more favourable schedule and has been more consistent. But really I wouldn't be surprised if either player won in straights.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 11 Nov - 22:06

Very happy for GrandPa. Missed the whole match. Crying or Very sad

Can Federer carry this form and make it #7? It would be wonderful, if he does.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 11 Nov - 22:10

lydian wrote:The problem BB is that if you strongly link your love of tennis to just one player you're always going to have an issues when he goes? Yes it's going to take some time for another huge talent to come along but I believe surfaces will speed up and tennis grips will un-Westernise to result in a different game to today. But it will take time...plenty to Tinkywinky the interest in the meantime.
You're right, but in my case it's that the player embodies the game I love rather than my love for the game being driven from the player. Though I admit he's done the job do well I do have quite some regard for the guy!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 11 Nov - 22:12

Federer seemed to be playing really badly in the first set but Murray didn't capitalise sufficiently. I make Federer slight favourite in the final now.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next