The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khans next fight

+26
spencerclarke
bellchees
manos de piedra
seanmichaels
Lumbering_Jack
OasisBFC
Mind the windows Tino.
AlexHuckerby
Gerry SA
rapidringsroad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
melv500
Liam
TechInept
Steffan
88Chris05
bhb001
Diggers
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Boxtthis
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Bartley Gorman
Valero's Conscience
Rich1066
hampo17
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khans next fight - Page 2 Empty Khans next fight

Post by hampo17 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Will apparently be against Victor Ortiz in April. Not sure what to make of this as it would probably mean Khan going up to 147.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Khans next fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Khans next fight

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:55 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Considering he was missing next to every punch I don't think he'd have troubled him too much.

He wouldn't be the first to miss 'next to every punch' against Floyd though, Alex. He is a defensive genius, the very best of his generation and deserves to be in the mix for the best of all time. Amir is nothing of the sort and unless his new trainer can make massive improvements, Ortiz will be a real handful for him. I don't see Ortiz getting as frustrated as he did with Mayweather, that is for sure.

Having said that, I think Amir would win, but not easily and I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Agree, wasn't talkign about Amir, he's no Floyd defensively, just talking about the Ortix/Mayweather fight itself.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

lopez is similar in style to garcia, so would be a good next opponent, although i'd rather watch khan vs ortiz. the jurys still out for me on khan, he looked great against a semi decent opponent. i think if virgil hunter can sort out his habits then he will reach the top again, and i really like what ive seen of them working together.

im assumming he will be sparring with ward, any know if thats the case?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

He spars with Angulo I know that, I think Ward might just be too big for him too spar. Angulo is a pressure fighter so that could help him out in the future as that's his weakness and by the sounds of it they both go at it and don't take it too easy

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:53 am

Khan has recently been on Sky Sports saying he will wait to fight Brook as he does not want to go up a to 147 yet...

So I doubt the fight with Ortiz will happen any time soon.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_england Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:52 am

Would be a dreadful move by Khan, Ortiz would knock him out.

As has been said, Khan seems to be lacking power at 140, he's also been dropped at 140, so moving up to 147 against a big puncher like Ortiz would be a bad move.

Best move for Khan would be to rematch Garcia, I think that's a fight he can win if he boxes with his brain as opposed to going steaming in for a war, and then I'd like to see him fight Brook. Brook would still mean a step up to 147, but no where near as dangerous a fight as Ortiz would be as I don't think Brook carries the power of Ortiz.

If it is true, I think the calls for Khan to retire would be even louder after the fight, because I think the knockout would be brutal.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:00 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Considering he was missing next to every punch I don't think he'd have troubled him too much.

He wouldn't be the first to miss 'next to every punch' against Floyd though, Alex. He is a defensive genius, the very best of his generation and deserves to be in the mix for the best of all time. Amir is nothing of the sort and unless his new trainer can make massive improvements, Ortiz will be a real handful for him. I don't see Ortiz getting as frustrated as he did with Mayweather, that is for sure.

Having said that, I think Amir would win, but not easily and I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Agree, wasn't talkign about Amir, he's no Floyd defensively, just talking about the Ortix/Mayweather fight itself.

Ah, I misunderstood you, young Alex. My apologies.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:36 am

Khan is still saying he wants a re-match with Garcia towards the end of next year (source: BBC web site today) so it suggests that he isn't moving up anytime soon. No mention of fight with Ortiz in this article, so it is probably one of several options to kick around. Given his track record over the last couple of years, I would expect a challenging opponent, but one he is expected to beat.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2