The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

+22
wayne
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
profitius
Shifty
Scrumdown
2ndtimeround
Kingshu
LordDowlais
mikey_philVIII
wales606
youngguns6
XR
Cardiff Dave
pioden gorllewin
Luckless Pedestrian
Jhamer25
thebluesmancometh
Stone Motif
Artful_Dodger
Allty
ScarletSpiderman
thespreys
26 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 3 Empty Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by thespreys Tue 09 Apr 2013, 4:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nice to see the DRAGONS continue to supply welsh players of the future,bit of a joke 4 non welsh in one swoop,its time to cut their funding as they do nothing for the welsh cause.

thespreys

Back to top Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 3 Empty Re: Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:04 pm

Lord - in defence of Adriaanse, was late arriving, and came straight from a full season in the Super XV and then the Currie Cup. Maybe given a full break over the summer and a full pre-season we may see a different beast at the start of next season (a bit like people were slagging Kahn Fotuali'i when he signed for the Ospreys as he was dire, and then this season he is very very good).

Another few really good examples of wasted money on NWQs (sadly all at the Scarlets) would be Tomas Valejos-Cinali, who played sod all and was released. And then going a bit more historically Simon Marling, who was almost perminently injured, and Kees Meeuws, who was shown up as a prop by Manu.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward - Page 3 Empty Re: Regional Rugby, NWQs, Development & The Way Forward

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:34 pm

Allty wrote:Please dont answer your own questions with wild guesses.

My interest is the youth of Welsh sport not the ambitions of wealthy men.

Where you get the rubbish about my views on Slams from beats me.

I have not decided anything I have made suggestions about the way forward.

The first being that all sides act like grown up professional organisations not kids in a playground.

By all means then, for the last time of asking, describe how we pay for this if you get your way and we drum private investment out of the game? While you're at it chuck some magic sprinkles on my fairy tree
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

Look, the regions are wasting money on dead wood, weather people on here want to bury their heads in the sand about it or not, we have signed some real quality NWQ players over the years, Tia Tai, Percy Montgomerry, Gary Tiechmann, Regan King, to name but a few, but now we are wasting money on the likes of Tibaldi, if he was any good he would not be allowed to leave his current club, it's not like we are prising players away like the French and English clubs are doing to us. No wonder the WRU do not want to give the regions any more money, they are probably worried that we will develope more Moldovan and Romanian players rather than young Welsh one's. If somebody on here can tell me what the following players offer to Welsh rugby then I will concede that you are right and I am wrong, here just a few off the top of my head :-

Sieone Timani
Tibaldi - Comming soon
Burton - Comming soon
Dimitri Arhip
George Stowers
Campbell Johnstone - Comming soon
Benoit Borrust
Andy Kyriacou
Campese Ma'Afu
Ian Nimmo
Andy Tuilagi.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

LordDowlais wrote:No wonder the WRU do not want to give the regions any more money

But Dowlais, if the WRU gave the regions more money, they'd be able to sign world-class NWQs, which you'd be in favour of.

Oh hang on, no, you'd be against it, because they'd be blocking the progress of young Welsh players...

This is all very confusing!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:44 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote: They don't need Tito Tebaldi
Says who? This is the One True Region we're talking about here, the region everyone is at pains to tell me puts more work and investment into player development than anywhere else in the universe. They obviously don't think that the guys they have are ready to be first choice. It's fair to say the O's like a particular type of 9 is it not? Are the people that pay for the development of these players and coach them not fit to judge, is that what you're saying?

I think we can all agree Webb is Poopie for starters, mind. Cap or no cap.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:No wonder the WRU do not want to give the regions any more money

But Dowlais, if the WRU gave the regions more money, they'd be able to sign world-class NWQs, which you'd be in favour of.

Oh hang on, no, you'd be against it, because they'd be blocking the progress of young Welsh players...

This is all very confusing!

When have I said anything about blocking young Welsh players ?

Look in Ireland they have a system in place, where if they want to sign a certain NIQ player then they have to justify it to the Irish rugby union, they then look at what that player can and will offer, if they find that the player will just block an Irish player of the same ability then they do not allow it, this is perhaps what we should have here, because if you ask me, none of the players I have mentioned above are no better than what we allready have.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

Allty wrote:I would love that to be the case. It works in the SH why not in Wales
Simplistic twaddle. How about climate, health, ethnic demographics, central bodies that don't have their heads up their own arses, and no next door neighbour offering to triple their players salaries?

You Rog is my Hero types need to try and think about context. You can't chuck a dingy on a motorway and expect to drive it to London because you saw it work on water.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, perhaps you'll answer my question: should I be happy with the Dragons losing more games than they win as long as we're fielding an almost totally Welsh or Wales-qualified team?

FFS, you and StoneMotif really need to take that bag of spuds off your shoulders, I am not against bringing in NWQ players, I am against bring NWQ players who offer bugger all to to Welsh rugby. StoneMotif made a comment about Burton and what he has achieved and can offer, well lets take a look at it shall we, the man is 33yrs of age, if he was any good he would not have left Australia to play in Italy, and what exactly has he achieved ? Then at the Blues, we have players like Campese Ma'Fu and Kyrichou(spelling) what in the name of good can these pair offer ? At the Ospreys we have a young Moldovan, why ? Stowers, why ? At the Scarlets we have Adriaanse who has only made 13 apperieances all season come on we can do better than this surely.

Me too, so what's the prob?
Agree some NWQ signings/gambles/shambles haven't worked out, but was there an alternative for example re Cardiff Blues and the front row? Don't know although I do know they had to go to Aberavon for a hooker. Also isn't the same also true for some WQ signings that haven't quite gone tickety-boo? Cardiff brought in Dafydd James for some reason and whatever happened to Dai Flan?
I'm disappointed that nobody yet has ranted about SNK.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:57 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Allty wrote:I would love that to be the case. It works in the SH why not in Wales
Simplistic twaddle. How about climate, health, ethnic demographics, central bodies that don't have their heads up their own arses, and no next door neighbour offering to triple their players salaries?

You Rog is my Hero types need to try and think about context. You can't chuck a dingy on a motorway and expect to drive it to London because you saw it work on water.

WTF, who are you ? David Cameron ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:When have I said anything about blocking young Welsh players ?

My mistake, that was Allty.

LordDowlas wrote:If you ask me, none of the players I have mentioned above are no better than what we allready have.

Do you really think we'd be signing them, on the little money we have, if there were better, cheaper home-grown alternatives?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Kingshu wrote:
I think the WRU will say they will continue to fund 3 of the teams to the same level, and one at a lower level and introduce central contracts and have the internationals spread over the 3 regions.

Basically if this happen it would mean that say next year Cardiff Blues would not have to pay for;
Matthew Rees
Gethin Jenkins
Sam Warburton
Alex Cuthbert
Leigh Halfpenny
(maybe a few others, depending on number of central contracts issued by WRU)

Depending if they have to contribute a portion or nothing at all to the central contract, this would free up these players wages (or most off) to add to the squad depth of the team, but they would have to reduce thier NWQ players as well, and could recuit better ones.

Yes you've trotted this one out a few times like some Emerald Isle financial guru come to solve all our problems, conveniently side-stepping any knowledge of the actual ratios of funding required to that provided by the WRU. In a world where Johnny Sexton can command the wages he just has, the pittance provided to the region downgraded is hardly likely to pay for 20 odd central contracts? This is why we are seeing unity from the regions they know a downgrade is a death sentence for them all eventually.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, perhaps you'll answer my question: should I be happy with the Dragons losing more games than they win as long as we're fielding an almost totally Welsh or Wales-qualified team?

FFS, you and StoneMotif really need to take that bag of spuds off your shoulders, I am not against bringing in NWQ players, I am against bring NWQ players who offer bugger all to to Welsh rugby. StoneMotif made a comment about Burton and what he has achieved and can offer, well lets take a look at it shall we, the man is 33yrs of age, if he was any good he would not have left Australia to play in Italy, and what exactly has he achieved ? Then at the Blues, we have players like Campese Ma'Fu and Kyrichou(spelling) what in the name of good can these pair offer ? At the Ospreys we have a young Moldovan, why ? Stowers, why ? At the Scarlets we have Adriaanse who has only made 13 apperieances all season come on we can do better than this surely.

Me too, so what's the prob?
Agree some NWQ signings/gambles/shambles haven't worked out, but was there an alternative for example re Cardiff Blues and the front row? Don't know although I do know they had to go to Aberavon for a hooker. Also isn't the same also true for some WQ signings that haven't quite gone tickety-boo? Cardiff brought in Dafydd James for some reason and whatever happened to Dai Flan?
I'm disappointed that nobody yet has ranted about SNK.

But I would rather see us try, and fail, with young Welsh players, rather than young Moldovan/Tongan/Samoan/Australian/New Zealander/South African, at least it shows we are willing to give OUR youngsters a go. Perhaps we could then afford a decent NWQ player to help them progress.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:05 pm

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"]
LordDowlais wrote:When have I said anything about blocking young Welsh players ?

My mistake, that was Allty.

LordDowlas wrote:If you ask me, none of the players I have mentioned above are no better than what we allready have.

Do you really think we'd be signing them, on the little money we have, if there were better, cheaper home-grown alternatives?[/quote]

What do you think ? As I have said I will concede if you can tell me what the players I mentioned have to offer, that a player say from the U20 acadamy cannot. Wasn't it your region who recently found a brick layer playing in the prem who went on to be a Welsh international ? Perhaps the regions should look a little harder. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

Will all due respect, Dowlais, I'm tired of watching us 'try and fail with young Welsh players'.

Your argument seems to be based on the assumption that there must be world-class young Welsh players trying to break through, and a refusal to countenance that there might not be.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

What do you think ? As I have said I will concede if you can tell me what the players I mentioned have to offer, that a player say from the U20 acadamy cannot. Wasn't it your region who recently found a brick layer playing in the prem who went on to be a Welsh international ? Perhaps the regions should look a little harder. thumbsup

Yes that's what we unearthed in the premiership and tis a shame he had to retire. Can't we get any credit for sending another international to the RWC? We sent 4 forwards to that world cup BTW, and have now lost 3 of them. As long as the clubs are semi-pro we will not be finding many more future internationals from there than we already do.

Last edited by mikey_philVIII on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

The big difference with most of these SH players been named is they do not earn big money and offer good value as they are available far more than the Welsh players that seem to keep been called up to training sessions without even been used in the matchday squads but still not released back to the region to play for the team that actually pays their wages, look at the effect it has had on Tavis Knoyle this season, team Wales have effectively cost him his job.
An example from the failed SH players above is a good example to use for what makes these guys worth having, Scarlets did not pick up Timani playing down south, they got him playing 20 miles out west, where he was with Carmarthen Quins on a semi pro contract, he has been a solid impact player for the Scarlets for a few seasons but has now been released and is heading to Agen as they now have 2 young WQ locks to provide that cover in Kelly and Ball, both of whom will benefit from playing alongside Earle and Snyman, if anyone would like to classify these 2 as journeymen preventing Welsh lads getting 1st team rugby I suggest they visit PYS to see the influence these 2 guys have on the whole team.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

No, just someone who has done research into things like the financials of the regional game before he opened his trap. You should try it some time. In fact, you can have a go now. Explain to me why the regions sign worse NWQ of lesser quality than other nations who are funded to a far greater extent both by their home unions and private parties alike. Take your time now, really try to think about this one.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Will all due respect, Dowlais, I'm tired of watching us 'try and fail with young Welsh players'.

Your argument seems to be based on the assumption that there must be world-class young Welsh players trying to break through, and a refusal to countenance that there might not be.

No Luckless, not world class, far from it, just the same standard or a little better than the dead wood we are currently signing from other countries. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Will all due respect, Dowlais, I'm tired of watching us 'try and fail with young Welsh players'.

The ones that do go on to be internationals get nicked by other Regions and/or France. We are trying to bolster our squad so we can become more competitive and be more attractive for Welsh internationals yet we cop (non-constructive) criticism for doing so.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

No, just someone who has done research into things like the financials of the regional game before he opened his trap. You should try it some time. In fact, you can have a go now. Explain to me why the regions sign worse NWQ of lesser quality than other nations who are funded to a far greater extent both by their home unions and private parties alike. Take your time now, really try to think about this one.

Stop being a tool Stone, I do not care about what other players other unions sign, all I care about is the fact that we seem to be signing players of the same calibre we have in and around the U20 squad, FFS Jack Jones has had to go to Italy to get some decent game time.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

But it's still nothing more than an assumption, is it? Don't you think the regions have scouts who watch young Welsh players? Don't you think we'd love to bring them in if they were up to scratch? Of course we would!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:23 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:

The ones that do go on to be internationals get nicked by other Regions and/or France. We are trying to bolster our squad so we can become more competitive and be more attractive for Welsh internationals yet we cop (non-constructive) criticism for doing so.

I am not aiming my criticism at the Dragons Mikey, I am talking about all our regions. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:25 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But it's still nothing more than an assumption, is it? Don't you think the regions have scouts who watch young Welsh players? Don't you think we'd love to bring them in if they were up to scratch? Of course we would!

Well Luckless, if you think you are right answer my post above and tell me what those players listed bring to Welsh rugby that players we already have cannot. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:26 pm

With the possible exception of Brive, I'm pretty sure no one has won the Heineken Cup with an entirely home-grown side. Should we give up now? Should we sacrifice all our European ambitions on the altar of Team Wales?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:With the possible exception of Brive, I'm pretty sure no one has won the Heineken Cup with an entirely home-grown side. Should we give up now? Should we sacrifice all our European ambitions on the altar of Team Wales?

Stop skirting around the question Luckless, I have said I do not mind NWQ players at our regions, I have said I DO mind NWQ players that bring nothing to our game that we do not already have, so come on tell me, what do the NWQ players that I listed above bring to Welsh rugby ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But it's still nothing more than an assumption, is it? Don't you think the regions have scouts who watch young Welsh players? Don't you think we'd love to bring them in if they were up to scratch? Of course we would!

Well Luckless, if you think you are right answer my post above and tell me what those players listed bring to Welsh rugby that players we already have cannot. OK
How about this for starters? 1. Affordable. 2. Well actually I don't need a 2 thinking about it
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Dowlais, I'm a fan. I had no involvement in recruiting those players. I'm not in a position to answer - and unless you were involved, neither are you.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_philVIII wrote:

I am not aiming my criticism at the Dragons Mikey, I am talking about all our regions. OK

You sure? Earlier in the thread you stated you would not be attending another Dragons game.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_philVIII wrote:

You sure? Earlier in the thread you stated you would not be attending another Dragons game.

That was in Jest, I was only joking, it is hard to put it across as sarcasm on a forum though. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:40 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, I'm a fan. I had no involvement in recruiting those players. I'm not in a position to answer - and unless you were involved, neither are you.

So you cannot answer me then. So why are you defending the fact thay are at our regions ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

How about this for starters? 1. Affordable. 2. Well actually I don't need a 2 thinking about it

So are the Welsh equivelent playing in the Prem and in the academies.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

Luckless & Stone - to be honest I think that everyone here agrees that we need to have NWQ players (with the possible exception of Alty), and the majority of us agree that we only realistically need NWQs that are of a first team standard and not NWQs that are going to be bench warmers, or International window only players.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, I'm a fan. I had no involvement in recruiting those players. I'm not in a position to answer - and unless you were involved, neither are you.

So you cannot answer me then. So why are you defending the fact thay are at our regions ?

Because I'm confident that our regional scouts have done their jobs, and that the brilliant young Welsh players you think are out there actually aren't out there.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Because I'm confident that our regional scouts have done their jobs, and that the brilliant young Welsh players you think are out there actually aren't out there.

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhg, I am not saying that there brilliant young Welsh players out there, I am saying that ther ARE Welsh players out there who are of the same standard of the dead wood we are signing. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm

Then you should be able to name them then.

Also, I'm impressed that you've managed to get these (unnamed) young players and the 'dead wood' to come to you for rigorous fitness testing and the like. I mean, you must have run the rule over them to know with absolute certainty that they're as good as each other, right?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Then you should be able to name them then.

Also, I'm impressed that you've managed to get these (unnamed) young players and the 'dead wood' to come to you for rigorous fitness testing and the like. I mean, you must have run the rule over them to know with absolute certainty that they're as good as each other, right?

Ditto.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:So are the Welsh equivelent playing in the Prem and in the academies.
Total and utter garbage.

The facts are these. No real union funding into the Academies or prem - extra cost to region. Inflated salaries because you have to meet a WQ quota - extra cost to region. Competitor nations offering much better wage - extra cost to region. If they're any good commandeered pretty much without recompense by Team Rog - extra cost to region. Why on earth you don't get this baffles me. It literally baffles me.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

I named one earlier, Jack Jones, he has gone out to Italy to play for Rovigo becuase he couldn't get into the Ospreys side.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:58 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:So are the Welsh equivelent playing in the Prem and in the academies.
Total and utter garbage.

The facts are these. No real union funding into the Academies or prem - extra cost to region. Inflated salaries because you have to meet a WQ quota - extra cost to region. Competitor nations offering much better wage - extra cost to region. If they're any good commandeered pretty much without recompense by Team Rog - extra cost to region. Why on earth you don't get this baffles me. It literally baffles me.

But that applies to the NWQs more than the welsh prem/accademy boys. Have you considered openning both eyes on the regions ever? All four regions have signed some realy howlers. Looking at the Dragons, I have not heard too many people say anything good about Nimmo. However he was signed instead of Lewis Rawlings (who jumped ship), and is Nimmo really any better than him?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:59 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Luckless & Stone - to be honest I think that everyone here agrees that we need to have NWQ players (with the possible exception of Alty), and the majority of us agree that we only realistically need NWQs that are of a first team standard and not NWQs that are going to be bench warmers, or International window only players.
I never said any different. You tell me though, who pays for it? This is what people seem almost wilfully to want to misunderstand. Unless the regions can fight without one arm tied behind their backs, this is what we'll get. Only worse probably. We're the weakest economic region in Europe ffs
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

Ok Luckless and Stone, here is a list of players your region has taken from the prem and academies latley off the top of my head:-

Mike Poole
Andrew Coombs
Darren Waters
Jevon Groves
Jack Dixon

Now can you please answer my question I posted earlier about the players I have mentioned, also where are all the players from the all conquering Cross Keys side gone ? What has happened to Gerwin Price ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Ok Luckless and Stone, here is a list of players your region has taken from the prem and academies latley off the top of my head:-

Mike Poole
Andrew Coombs
Darren Waters
Jevon Groves
Jack Dixon

Now can you please answer my question I posted earlier about the players I have mentioned, also where are all the players from the all conquering Cross Keys side gone ? What has happened to Gerwin Price ?

Didn't he end up signing of one of the Scottish sides mid season, after being overlooked?

You can add Nic Cudd to that list too, a really talented player, who was not getting game time at his region, and was picked up by the Dragons and really shown how good he can be.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

Gerwyn Price went to Glasgow because it was decided he wasn't as good as Sam Parry and Huw Gustafson (Sam Parry's from Fiji, Gus is from Mozambique).

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Gerwyn Price went to Glasgow because it was decided he wasn't as good as Sam Parry and Huw Gustafson (Sam Parry's from Fiji, Gus is from Mozambique).

Well their both foreigners to Gwent Whistle

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Gerwyn Price went to Glasgow because it was decided he wasn't as good as Sam Parry and Huw Gustafson (Sam Parry's from Fiji, Gus is from Mozambique).

Warriors experience fuels Gerwyn Price’s hopes for a Dragons deal
GERWYN Price believes he is a better player for his short-term deal with RaboDirect PRO12 leaders Glasgow Warriors and hasn’t ruled out playing for Newport Gwent Dragons one day.

On the Dragons, Price said: “I know they’ve got their youngsters at hooker coming through and they are keen on Sam (Parry) and Gus (Hugh Gustafson) as well, but I don’t know. Maybe I will have my chance one day.”

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/10334827.Warriors_experience_fuels_Gerwyn_Price___s_hopes_for_a_Dragons_deal/?ref=rss

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

Thinking about it would Gerwyn Price have been a cheaper, and arguably better alternative for the Blues than Andy Kiacyou (really should learn to spell that)?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Thinking about it would Gerwyn Price have been a cheaper, and arguably better alternative for the Blues than Andy Kiacyou (really should learn to spell that)?

Exactly. clap

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:18 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Thinking about it would Gerwyn Price have been a cheaper, and arguably better alternative for the Blues than Andy Kiacyou (really should learn to spell that)?

This was suggested sometime ago on this here forum. Can't remember, but he may have been injured.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

Scratching my head on this post.

If there is no money very little can be done.

We are back where we started "Who pays the Piper calls the tune"

The WRU clearly have the upper hand

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Exactly. clap

https://www.606v2.com/t40617p100-n-g-dragons-vs-glasgow-warriors

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next