The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy

+8
jimdig
mark_england
OasisBFC
Mind the windows Tino.
azania
bhb001
Strongback
davidemore
12 posters

Go down

Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy Empty Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy

Post by davidemore Fri 10 May 2013, 7:43 am

Well excited for the next few weeks. Being a Scot it's great to have Ricky back in a tough fight. Let's see him win and get the big Mo for a unification and Broner if he steps back down after Paulie. Hopefully having lost to Paulie. Turd.

Then on the 25th it's Froch. I cannot wait. Not sure how i feel about George Groves and Clev training with Kessler. Don't get me wrong, great move by the big Dane, it's going to get to Frochy and those two are world class sparring partners. Just don't like Brits helping out the opposition. Even though Kessler is a legend.

Lee Purdy.

Either he'll go out in an Ambo or as Champ.

War Lee Purdy. War.

Thoughts on the next three weeks?

Here's my predictions.

Ricky Burns by KO
Devon Alexander by brutally boring KO back foot pa, pa, pa'ing
Carl Froch... it's going to be far tougher than some see it, but Froch by late TKO. The Dane will not fall.

heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy Empty Re: Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy

Post by Strongback Fri 10 May 2013, 7:57 am

Won't be surprised if Kessler wins. I have a feeling his style will be all wrong for Froch again. If Kessler still has it in him to throw a high volume of punches I can see a repeat of the first fight. Kessler was just quicker to the punch first time around. I'm not sure if Froch can change his way of fighting much at this stage. To me it's about what version of Kessler turns up.

I hope the fight lives up to the expectation. I like both fighters so will be happy and sad for the winner and loser.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy Empty Re: Eddie's Turn: Burns, Frochy And... Lee Purdy

Post by bhb001 Fri 10 May 2013, 8:00 am

The Froch fight will be interesting and I also hope it lives up to its potential. I do see a very hard nights work for Froch, but believe he will come through it this time simply by uping his work rate from the last ime they fought.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 9:05 am

Kessler to win an easier fight probably by late ko.

Couldn't care less about the others.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 May 2013, 9:17 am

azania wrote:Kessler to win an easier fight probably by late ko.

If it goes to points will you let us know your scorecard again?

A real one, not a fabricated one....... Whistle

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 9:21 am

Even though Kessler is a legend
One of the most overused phrases in the English language at the moment and, as nice a guy as Kessler may be, he's not, and probably never will be, a legend.

The term "legend" seems to be hurled about with abandon these days. "Hey, Gary poured a pint over Kev's head on Saturday, what a legend!"

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 10 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Kessler does throw faster but i feel can be hurt easier. Froch didn't do enough last time out, for whatever reason, he will this time, i feel. Hope. Or Kessler wins it.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 10 May 2013, 5:58 pm

Strongback wrote:Won't be surprised if Kessler wins. I have a feeling his style will be all wrong for Froch again. If Kessler still has it in him to throw a high volume of punches I can see a repeat of the first fight. Kessler was just quicker to the punch first time around. I'm not sure if Froch can change his way of fighting much at this stage. To me it's about what version of Kessler turns up.

I hope the fight lives up to the expectation. I like both fighters so will be happy and sad for the winner and loser.

i find it strange since froch has altered his style pretty much straight after thye kessler fight.
he's more of an intelligent fighter now as he demonstrated against abraham. against kessler he was just throwing bombs and going for the kill.

i feel he'll pick off kessler in a close but unanimous fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_england Fri 10 May 2013, 6:18 pm

Burns looks good in a dominant points win, maybe even late stoppage. Hope he avoids the Broner fight though, he gets beaten every day of the week and twice on Sunday in that one, not what he needs at this stage of his career.

Don't give Purdy a chance against Alexander personally. Alexander completely outclassed Maidana; Purdy is similar, but no where near the level of Maidana. Wide, wide UD, or stoppage, only outcomes I can see.

Not as excited for the Froch fight as I have been for others, was actually more looking forward to Brook fighting Alexander than the F v K II fight personally, Froch has the personality of a stone. Can see him winning the fight though, close decision win for him.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 11 May 2013, 11:42 am

Cant see Broner ever shrinking back to lightweight, Don't think it'll be physically possible after his welterweight fight. It's not like he'll be coming onto that fight fleshy. Really disappointed that Burns avoided a Broner fight, yes everything pointed to being beat, but I felt he had a chance, but also a career high payday, Burns won't see the money that Broner can bring for the rest of his career. Broner won't ever be looking for Burns again. That ship has sailed to a career at welter.
Burns to beat stop Gonzales in less than 6.

Can Kessler alter his style? I can't see him coming in with a style that will make him hard to hit. And if Carl can hit him, I think this time Carl can stop him. Late TKO to the cobra.

Purdy....poor Purdy.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 11 May 2013, 11:52 am

Kessler is the better boxer so he will win. Carl is wide open to the jab and that is the key to this fight. When they trade the sharper punches will be from kessler. All points to a late ko for me. Carl's chin will give out eventually.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 11 May 2013, 12:09 pm

I actually see it the other way and it being Kessler who's chin finally gives out. I just feel Froch has made the bigger improvements since the first fight. I think Carl could shock a few and end it spectacularly in the middle rounds. It should be a cracking fight whatever happens.

Burns LKO.

Finally Alexander LKO or points after a closer fight than it should be.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 11 May 2013, 12:16 pm

I think the Bute and Mack fights has elevated Carl beyond his actual abilities. Kessler is better imo. Regardless it will be a cracking fight and I'm buying it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 11 May 2013, 12:23 pm

Kessler very limited fighter as is Froch but both have big hearts for a fight.

Got a feeling Froch will lose and then retire.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 11 May 2013, 3:26 pm

If Froch doesn't allow Kessler into the fight the way he did with Bute i.e starting quickly which he doesn't often do noticeably slow start in his original Kessler bout, then that is probably the easiest night for him as I could see him stopping Kessler on his feet in say rounds 8-11 (he has to be on TOP form to pull this off though)

But if he goes on the backfoot and tries to pick the best quality shots he'll indeed probably get outworked again and will lose a decision.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 11 May 2013, 3:29 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:If Froch doesn't allow Kessler into the fight the way he did with Bute i.e starting quickly which he doesn't often do noticeably slow start in his original Kessler bout, then that is probably the easiest night for him as I could see him stopping Kessler on his feet in say rounds 8-11 (he has to be on TOP form to pull this off though)

But if he goes on the backfoot and tries to pick the best quality shots he'll indeed probably get outworked again and will lose a decision.

The diference is that Kessler is a better fighter than Bute and more experienced. I doubt he will allow Froch to jump on him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 11 May 2013, 3:47 pm

Can't help but feel its a case of what kessler still has rather than what froch can bring.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 11 May 2013, 3:53 pm

True

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down