The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton to Warren??

+18
eddyfightfan
lambertm100
azania
Strongback
TopHat24/7
KO-KING
owen10ozzy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Seanusarrilius
davidemore
88Chris05
Lumbering_Jack
manos de piedra
Union Cane
rob-glos
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
adamk
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frampton to Warren?? - Page 2 Empty Frampton to Warren??

Post by adamk Thu 30 May - 12:15

First topic message reminder :

Rumours are Carl Frampton is teaming up with Frank Warren.

Anyone else heard this?

adamk

Back to top Go down

Frampton to Warren?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Frampton to Warren??

Post by jimdig Fri 31 May - 23:57

Ent wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:
Ent wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:
Ent wrote:Frampton is from tigers bay so he has no "Irish" fan base like say duddy and mc closkey would have.

He'll have next to no fans from the south of Ireland.

Rubbish. His fan base is far superior to McCloskey. Do you read any boxing writers from the Republic? They are really high on Frampton. Frampton is a former Irish Seniors Champion, so he has a fan base. Why do you keep labouring the point that he is from Tigers Bay? Not everyone lets geography choose who they can and can't support.

If geography doesn't matter why would he have any Irish fans? Why not fight in china?

Like it or lump it he is from a really dodgy area and really dodgy people form a large part of his fan base.

Irish writers may appreciate his talents but that doesn't mean he's going to sell out a 50k arena as someone suggested.

I didn't say geography doesn't matter, my point was do you think Irish fight fans would not support him because of the district he grew up in? His fiancé is a Catholic, from the nationalist Poleglass area of West Belfast. His best mate, and who will most probably be his best man is Paddy Barnes, another Catholic. He shuns all talk of politics, even going as far as saying if national anthems are required for his bout, he will ask for Danny Boy instead. From what I can gather he receives great support from all sides of the community in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is moving on from the dark old days and its people like Carl who are helping.

How can you possibly say "really dodgy people form a large part of his fan base."? Have you surveyed them? You assume they are dodgy because of where Carl is from, but many people from Carl's area are actually decent working class people. No doubt there are a few bigots etc who follow him, but any fighter from Belfast will have the same. The crowd at the Oddysey was a mix of both religions and everyone got behind Carl and created a brilliant atmosphere. Regarding the sectarian singing, my brother, who was at the Martinez fight, didn't hear any. A mate was at the Molitor fight and he can't remember any either.

Irish journalists are writing about him because he is making waves and people want to read about it. If no one outside of Northern Ireland was interested in him, then he wouldn't get the coverage and column inches he does in the Republic of Ireland. I don't know who said he could fight in a 50k arena, but I imagine even Carl himself would scoff at the suggestion. Ireland doesn't have the population and boxing is still a minority sport behind Soccer, GAA and Rugby.

Where is McCullough from you dildo? Frampton fanbase in Ireland north and south is just fine.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and I will take your word on it that your brother was right.

Feel a bit guilty for being judgemental but I was informed the crowd was singing we will bathe ourselves in Fenian blood at his last fight.

Hence my scepticism that he would have many fans in the republic.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 1 Jun - 0:43

The shankill or something.

Didnt he medal for Ireland in the Olympics also.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 1 Jun - 9:59

Ent wrote:The shankill or something.

Didnt he medal for Ireland in the Olympics also.

Sorry ent, I shouldn't be posting when drunk. Your point as to Frampton fans in th kings hall is something I can't speak to. Frampton as a fighter is very marketable to the global Irish fanbase. But if he already attracted a bad element in the kings hall, that will certainly effect his appeal on the island of Ireland

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 1 Jun - 20:39

Frampton to Warren?? - Page 2 1347041234

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2