The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl

+20
Dave.
jimbohammers
Nakatomi Plaza
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
msp83
Pal Joey
kingdaveeagle
liverbnz
Marcus
dyrewolfe
Corporalhumblebucket
Duty281
GSC
mystiroakey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Carrotdude
teassoc
NickisBHAFC
alfie
trebellbobaggins
24 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl - Page 6 Empty England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 09:38

First topic message reminder :

Match will start at 10:45 am

glorious weather this morning at the rose bowl...

thread to discuss the match, enjoy Smile

Back to top Go down

England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl - Page 6 Empty Re: England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl

Post by liverbnz Mon 03 Jun 2013, 22:52

I'd like to see the remainder of the CT squad given a chance on Wednesday. So that's Bopara, Bairstow and Tredwell in for Woakes, Dernbach and Buttler. I'm not to keen on Bopara being in the squad, but now that he is we may as well make use of him. His bowling might be useful on these flat pitches and he couldn't be much worse than woakes.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl - Page 6 Empty Re: England vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Rose Bowl

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 03 Jun 2013, 23:14

After tonight's showing give Napier a call up!

Can Bowl superbly well, shown he can hit a few 6's in the past and proven a decent enough fielder.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Jun 2013, 23:16

Squad's been picked, and bar an injury, there can't be changes to it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 03 Jun 2013, 23:44

So we have to put up with Dernbach, Woakes and Rankin? censored

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 07:28

I am happy to see more of Woakesy.

fingers crossed for him. But that was a shocking last game!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:08

NickisBHAFC wrote:So we have to put up with Dernbach, Woakes and Rankin? censored

Dernbach and Rankin aren't in the CT squad - they were added to the current group as cover for Finn and Broad. A change can be made if there is an injury.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:03

With the NZ series lost already , it makes sense to play those others in the CT squad who haven't previously featured.
Bopara must play just to get any idea of whether he is a serious alternative as a number seven. He can share fifth bowler duties with Root.
Bairstow [/i]ought[i] to play...in my opinion England rather missed a trick by not playing him from the off , after his confidence boosting effort at Headingley in the Test. Though I see there was a difficulty in fitting him in the team , as Butler is clearly preferred as keeper , reasonably enough. With a dead rubber now , Trott could rest.
Tredwell for Dernbach. One game late , but ...

Lastly , might as well play Rankin if they are serious about him at all : if Finn has to be replaced in the CT (hopefully not !) he is presumably a candidate as "tall , fast and bouncy" substitute. Would be a bit of a punt anyway , but at least let us have a look at him in action...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 04 Jun 2013, 16:29

Here's Cricinfo's stats highlights after game 2.http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-new-zealand-2013/content/story/638855.html

NZ have won 10 and lost 2 of its last 15 ODIs vs England in England. I guess someone had to be our bunny ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:35

yep, England sure are your bunny in that form Pete. But when eng bat like and pick Dernbache they risk being everyones bunny.

MZ sure have the hex on them though. Should mop up 3-0 easily tomorrow.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 04 Jun 2013, 17:54

trebellbobaggins wrote:yep, England sure are your bunny in that form Pete. But when eng bat like and pick Dernbache they risk being everyones bunny.

MZ sure have the hex on them though. Should mop up 3-0 easily tomorrow.

Nah Trebs we'll lose tomorrow. Otherwise we'll be favourites for the CT match in Cardiff - and being made favourite is the easiest way to doom a New Zealand cricket side Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Tue 04 Jun 2013, 19:21

Nah, you can't lose. Congrats already.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Wed 05 Jun 2013, 13:43

I see cookies cursed cointoss continues in this series.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 05 Jun 2013, 14:17

McClenaghan gets Cook, and Cook wastes England's review on it Yahoo

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6