The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Rivalries

+26
Strongback
spencerclarke
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
The Terror of Tylorstown
owen10ozzy
Herman Jaeger
John Bloody Wayne
paperbag_puncher
Seanusarrilius
huw
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
STC
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
hampo17
mobilemaster8
bhb001
JabMachineMK2
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

606 Rivalries - Page 4 Empty 606 Rivalries

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Just a bit of fun (any arguments break out and mods should close the topic)

Just wondered who your favorite rivalries have been with and who notable pairings have been?

I've enjoyed my banter with Truss the most I think - and seeing some of the older posts I think Az vs Everyone has always been funny to see.

Yours?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

606 Rivalries - Page 4 Empty Re: 606 Rivalries

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

sohotnot wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
I don't think so. Waingro was pretty respectful and never insulting, even when he was getting insulting.
Steven (aka Towzer/Southpaw) became agressive as hell when someone mocked his opinion. It was hilarious.
Do you remember lovely_london?  He was of a similar ilk to Towzer/Southpaw.  Claimed he would be able to beat professional fighters in a fist fight because he was over 6 ft tall.[/quot

He'd beat any pro fighter under 6ft who'd weigh less than him as he worked out & trained himself, Mayweather being a prime example who'd get splattered as his punches would have no effect. Anybody remember the other idiot who went into detail how he'd faught off chavs carrying razor blades and was a real street fighter? Cant remember if it was on here or the old 606.
Old 606 and it was AMAZING!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:who was it who put rowley back in his cage?
geofrey roley (the dog) was put back in his cage by Adad
ADAD!!! what a crank he was, wonder if his sun is champion of the world yet

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

I've tried but I just don't get twitter. In what way can it possibly enhance your life.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:02 pm

D4 talked about how he used to practice take downs on punch bags (you know, the things suspended from the ceiling) just so he could beat mayweather in a fight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:02 pm

sohotnot wrote:Do you remember lovely_london?  He was of a similar ilk to Towzer/Southpaw.  Claimed he would be able to beat professional fighters in a fist fight because he was over 6 ft tall
Pah, one bomb would have taken him to the cleaners.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Zooomy has never been wrong in his life....
Zoomy seemed to idolise LRR.......I like Zoomy but his tendency to state "LRR agrees with me so you're wrong" was a bit tiresome...

LRR wasn't foolproof....As his hatred of "the greatest" showed..
EYE ROW KNEE
laughing 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

Rowley wrote:
sohotnot wrote:Do you remember lovely_london?  He was of a similar ilk to Towzer/Southpaw.  Claimed he would be able to beat professional fighters in a fist fight because he was over 6 ft tall
Was it onebomb or onetwo that had the whole spinning backfist thing?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

rick/jbw

rather wish i hadnt asked now. Has the look of your run of the mill serial killer... which given his posting history perhaps shouldnt be a surprise.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Was it onebomb or onetwo that had the whole spinning backfist thing?
Onetwo was the spinning backfist king, onebomb just had one punch ko power hence one bomb. Was 10 in 10 all ko's in the first as I remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
I don't think so. Waingro was pretty respectful and never insulting, even when he was getting insulting.
Steven (aka Towzer/Southpaw) became agressive as hell when someone mocked his opinion. It was hilarious.
Do you remember lovely_london?  He was of a similar ilk to Towzer/Southpaw.  Claimed he would be able to beat professional fighters in a fist fight because he was over 6 ft tall.
Laugh 

Here's the thread:

https://www.606v2.com/t20363-who-is-the-hardest-in-the-sport-today

"fact is I would beat up any pro boxer who is under 5ft 8 and weighs less than 10 stone."

Internet forums will always attract some strange characters.
I actually agree with the notion that size and strength are significant factors in a bar room brawl but lovely_london took it to a whole new level. Haha! What a clown!

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:D4 talked about how he used to practice take downs on punch bags (you know, the things suspended from the ceiling) just so he could beat mayweather in a fight.
Wasn't it in preparation for his potential fight with Mayweather under mma rules? He was also in training to put on the same weight as Manny did in one just to proove it could be done & that Manny wasn't being naughty in his rise in weight, training 10 times a week as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Do you remember lovely_london?  He was of a similar ilk to Towzer/Southpaw.  Claimed he would be able to beat professional fighters in a fist fight because he was over 6 ft tall.
Laugh 

Here's the thread:

"fact is I would beat up any pro boxer who is under 5ft 8 and weighs less than 10 stone."

I actually agree with the notion that size and strength are significant factors in a bar room brawl but lovely_london took it to a whole new level. Haha! What a clown!
In a brawl I agree London would get splattered but I'd back a semi pro mma fighter with a focus on grappling to comfortably beat a boxer of the same size. They would have a punchers chance only. Once they are off their feet it's over.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"I used to lift 500 on the squat and go out drinking four times a week looking for girls"

Like you do..

"When I was 16 I could lift 400"

"Yates never did smith squats"......"I never said that".......

"I like Audley Harrison"...."I never said that"

"!I've never written a Frampton article"..."It's on your history"..."How did you get on that"

"I've never written a boxnation article"..

Mate I'm not interested in you....At least fightnews didn't lie all the time..

The drinking happened after competitive bodybuilding ended. After 7 or 8 years of discipline I decided to party hard.

I actually said I squatted 400lb for 6 reps when I was 17 y.o., which I did.

Yates did hack squats on the Smith machine. Subtle but very important difference. Anyway Dorian was hobbling around the last time I saw him. For everyone who doesn't know what this is about Trussy stated an article about smith machine squats and every poster on the old BBC 606 weightlifting page ridiculed him for suggesting such a stupid and joint grating exercise. That must have been 4 or 5 years ago and he's still butt hurt.

I ironically wrote "War Audley" after one his umpteen comeback press statements. You do not understand irony not because you are faux American but because you are thick.

I can't recall ever saying much on Frampton. The only time I can remember is when he left Matchroom.

I wrote a couple of Box Nation articles when they were offering free subscriptions and to post their fight schedule in May as it was a great month for boxing. I know you're more of a Murdoch supporter him being in bed with your lover boy Tony Blair.

Look be honest with yourself, you picked a row with Fightnews and he kicked your ass all over the board until you pulled your favourite b*tch move and retired.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

Fight news gave truss a similar beating to Manny vs Cotto. Started off competitive but ended with one a bloody mess just trying to survive.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:34 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Laugh 

Here's the thread:

Classic Bob:

Bob wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:
lovely_london wrote:absolute nonsese. 5ft 7 and 10 stone hahahah. Would not stand a chance lets be real.

i am 6ft 2 and 14 stone and I would not be scared to fight them.
Put it this way, if I get in the ring at my local gym with this big guy (abit bigger than you by the sounds of things) who comes down now and then to try it out I'd feel pretty confident.

Against a lean, 60kg 17 year old amateur competitor I'm nowhere near as confident. A big, ordinary fella has no advantage. I don't doubt Donaire could hit harder than any non boxer I've ever met, regardless of size. Jimmy Wilde could knock out most people and he was barely five feet tall.
are you serious 60kgs? Most women weigh between 55-60kgs.
You've never been to Barnsley, have you?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:38 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:
Laugh 

Here's the thread:

In a brawl I agree London would get splattered but I'd back a semi pro mma fighter with a focus on grappling to comfortably beat a boxer of the same size. They would have a punchers chance only. Once they are off their feet it's over.
Likely true but that's thanks to training and ability rather than being taller than average and well 'ard.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm

[quote="Lumbering_Jack"]Fight news gave truss a similar beating to Manny vs Cotto. Started off competitive but ended with one a bloody mess just trying to survive.[/quote
Yes he used to own me,....

All day every day...

lost every debate to lRR and Zoomy too......Let's move on....Shall we... some people have nothing to say..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4