The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Rivalries

+26
Strongback
spencerclarke
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
The Terror of Tylorstown
owen10ozzy
Herman Jaeger
John Bloody Wayne
paperbag_puncher
Seanusarrilius
huw
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
STC
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
hampo17
mobilemaster8
bhb001
JabMachineMK2
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

606 Rivalries - Page 2 Empty 606 Rivalries

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Just a bit of fun (any arguments break out and mods should close the topic)

Just wondered who your favorite rivalries have been with and who notable pairings have been?

I've enjoyed my banter with Truss the most I think - and seeing some of the older posts I think Az vs Everyone has always been funny to see.

Yours?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

606 Rivalries - Page 2 Empty Re: 606 Rivalries

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:10 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Hahaha there has been some good banter on here over years. Some take it better then others.

Steffany doesnt like me too much I dont think Sad 
You hold a place in my heart SoF.  You were the first person to openly question whether the Jabmeister was on the level with his Kell Brook exploits.

Pretty much everyone else fell for it straight away.
Hahaha cheers Tina thumbsup Brings back some memories when he was finally rumbled! Took it like a man though Jabby! No hard feelings.

I think I was the first person to call you Tina in the Strictly Come Dancing thread aswell but dont hold that against me! censored
None taken, as Tina says I do still get the odd jibe which is all fine and dandy - it can be quite funny, JBW roasted me in the other thread which had me howling with laughter. The issue I have is when people are losing debates and throw that in. I'm aware its an admission of defeat given they can't get to me any other way, but still.

Have to admit, there was a lot of fantastic banter in Paperbags threads....what was that called? That quiz thing?
Hug  Getting all sentimental today!

Yer I think it was called boxing sheep and reverse boxing sheep!

I used to give Steffany a little bit of gib over it haha. All in jest though......most of the time.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 pm

milkyboy wrote:Asked to be banned, there's a new one. He got some flak for his drunken outbursts, but frankly if you just ignored anything he posted on a weekend evening he was a good poster. A few got a bit precious with him over nothing i thought.
I had no problem with his 'boxing' posting, it was usually excellent. But asking Jack to compare house sizes was just about as juvenile as you could get. He may as well have told him his Dad was bigger.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:20 pm

The day we chastise juvenile behaviour on here tina, we're all on a slippery slope.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:The day we chastise juvenile behaviour on here tina, we're all on a slippery slope.
Yeah, good point.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Mackem could be alright but found his whole if you haven’t boxed you don’t know what you’re talking about schtick wearisome in the extreme, and the less said about his “drunken” rants the better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:27 pm

milkyboy wrote:Asked to be banned, there's a new one. He got some flak for his drunken outbursts, but frankly if you just ignored anything he posted on a weekend evening he was a good poster. A few got a bit precious with him over nothing i thought.
I had no problem with his 'boxing' posting, it was usually excellent.  But asking Jack to compare house sizes was just about as juvenile as you could get.  He may as well have told him his Dad was bigger.
50k gets you a lot of house is Sunderland... He may well have been right.

Anyway, it's nice to know I am so highly regarded by you and Chris, both very well respected posters Whistle 

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Mackem could be alright but found his whole if you haven’t boxed you don’t know what you’re talking about schtick wearisome in the extreme, and the less said about his “drunken” rants the better.
Yeah he was ok really, just very easy to antagonise. I also don't believe he was drunk, just a blatant attention seeker.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Anyway, it's nice to know I am so highly regarded by you and Chris, both very well respected posters Whistle 
Laugh 

I'm sure Chris will thank you for putting him and I in the same bracket!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Rowley wrote:Mackem could be alright but found his whole if you haven’t boxed you don’t know what you’re talking about schtick wearisome in the extreme, and the less said about his “drunken” rants the better.
I think he had a point. He just over-egged it. Really over-egged it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Never knowingly had any rivalries on here but I tend to be in my own happy little bubble.

Usually the ones involving Truss are the funniest, mainly due to the fact he will generally resort to 'I refuse to comment to an idiot', 'stop stalking me' or 'I have massive boobs' type comments whenever he starts to lose a debate.

At the same time though I admire his stance on most of these discussions as where most people would conceed ground, or take others opinions on board, he has an ability to not waiver one bit in his opinion regardless of anyone else's logic or thoughts on a subject.

D4 was one of my favourites but he did at one stage get me to the point where I didn't want to like Pac anymore. Similar to Truss with Mayweather more recently.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 pm

huw wrote:D4 was one of my favourites but he did at one stage get me to the point where I didn't want to like Pac anymore. Similar to Truss with Mayweather more recently.
with you 100% on this!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 pm

I miss Jab's rivalry with the truth. He is a good poster now, but the KellBrookGate was a fine time!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
huw wrote:D4 was one of my favourites but he did at one stage get me to the point where I didn't want to like Pac anymore. Similar to Truss with Mayweather more recently.
with you 100% on this!!
Truss makes me dislike all Americans.

And people from Moss side or wherever in Manchester he's from.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Hahaha there has been some good banter on here over years. Some take it better then others.

You hold a place in my heart SoF.  You were the first person to openly question whether the Jabmeister was on the level with his Kell Brook exploits.

Hahaha cheers Tina thumbsup Brings back some memories when he was finally rumbled! Took it like a man though Jabby! No hard feelings.

I think I was the first person to call you Tina in the Strictly Come Dancing thread aswell but dont hold that against me! censored
None taken, as Tina says I do still get the odd jibe which is all fine and dandy - it can be quite funny, JBW roasted me in the other thread which had me howling with laughter. The issue I have is when people are losing debates and throw that in. I'm aware its an admission of defeat given they can't get to me any other way, but still.

Have to admit, there was a lot of fantastic banter in Paperbags threads....what was that called? That quiz thing?
Hug  Getting all sentimental today!

Yer I think it was called boxing sheep and reverse boxing sheep!
How could you forget Heep? I cant even remember exactly what that was now... Even I miss sheep. Reminds me of days when I could get away with doing sod all in work..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I miss Jab's rivalry with the truth. He is a good poster now, but the KellBrookGate was a fine time!
Jabbies rivalieries usually consist of telling people they are going on the foe list, not doing it then responding to all off their comments that if they don't improve they will be going back on the foe list that they were never on.

In fact, if he is true to his word, he won't be able to read this message and thus no offence will be caused.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

SHEEP

The 'Cups' are basically a poor man's version....
The cups came first, courtesy of Union. Sheep, however, is sadly missed.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Laugh 

Riding high on the coat tails of poster of the year. Watch out for those nose bleeds tina

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Cups? Heep?

Why am I missing other boxing related games?

Sods.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Laugh 

Riding high on the coat tails of poster of the year. Watch out for those nose bleeds tina
I voted for you, milky.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:47 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Laugh 

I voted for you, milky.
I won't say it but that is no. 3

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:59 pm

huw wrote:Never knowingly had any rivalries on here but I tend to be in my own happy little bubble.

Usually the ones involving Truss are the funniest, mainly due to the fact he will generally resort to 'I refuse to comment to an idiot', 'stop stalking me' or 'I have massive boobs' type comments whenever he starts to lose a debate.

the same time though I admire his stance on most of these discussions as where most people would conceed ground, or take others opinions on board, he has an ability to not waiver one bit in his opinion regardless of anyone else's logic or thoughts on a subject.

D4 was one of my favourites but he did at one stage get me to the point where I didn't want to like Pac anymore. Similar to Truss with Mayweather more recently.
Yes I too have always found an unwillingness to find middle ground or accept another's point when it blatantly disproves your own, to be admirable traits.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Laugh 

I voted for you, milky.
I should have demanded a recount then Tina. I can safely say I got exactly the same number of votes I deserved... Roughly the amount of times jabby sparred with kel brook.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 pm

I think my favourite rivalry - in the same sense that my favourite Ali fight is Williams - would have to be Herman Jaggery v Chris. The way the totally overmatched Jaggery would initiate every schooling was inspiring in a sad way.

Where's manos? I don't think I've ever had a rival (unless somebody is wooing Ronny Mac) but manos schooled me a couple of times on the Klistchkos.

Sheep had to be cancelled as I was thrashing everyone.

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CCOOOMMUNISM)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I think my favourite rivalry - in the same sense that my favourite Ali fight is Williams - would have to Herman Jaggery v Chris.
Was like the Vitali Danny Williams fight, completely one sided but there was something admirable about how often he kept getting up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 pm

I thought jaggery did him myself. Over-rated that chris, how he got poster of the year, I'll never know.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 pm

I think my favourite rivalry - in the same sense that my favourite Ali fight is Williams - would have to be Herman Jaggery v Chris. The way the totally overmatched Jaggery would initiate every schooling was inspiring in a sad way.

I wish I knew something about this supposed rivalry I have with chris. Just because I disagreed with him on a certain topic a couple of times, that constitutes a rivalry does it. For the record, I have no animosity towards chris whatsoever. To be honest, there's only one bloke on this site that gets on my jubblies, and it's not chris.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Cups ....a poor mans sheep/heep...who said that?! How very dare you;

Have some new bloody rivalries if your not careful!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:29 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Cups ....a poor mans sheep/heep...who said that?! How very dare you;
I think he means the Global Cups, ozzy, not your prediction league.

Doesn't stop him contributing to them though. Although I use the word contributing in the loosest possible sense.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm

bhb001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

SHEEP

The 'Cups' are basically a poor man's version....
The cups came first, courtesy of Union. Sheep, however, is sadly missed.
Thought that was the UCPL?? Not 'Cups'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Archbritchris anyone?

He was a top poster.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Archbritchris anyone?

He was a top poster.
He was D4.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 pm

He was a top poster.
He was D4.
Na he wasn't. They had similar views but I don't think they are the same person.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris was the worst of the worst.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:I think my favourite rivalry - in the same sense that my favourite Ali fight is Williams - would have to be Herman Jaggery v Chris. The way the totally overmatched Jaggery would initiate every schooling was inspiring in a sad way.

I wish I knew something about this supposed rivalry I have with chris. Just because I disagreed with him on a certain topic a couple of times, that constitutes a rivalry does it. For the record, I have no animosity towards chris whatsoever. To be honest, there's only one bloke on this site that gets on my jubblies, and it's not chris.
It's that Frak rowley ain't it.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:43 pm

christopherwasp was a looney

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Hope so John, feel all a bit left out of this rivalry thing. My easy going affable bonhomie makes me difficult to dislike.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

He was a top poster.
He was D4.
Na he wasn't. They had similar views but I don't think they are the same person.
D4 pretty much admitted it. I have looked for the post but I can't find it. You'll just have to trust a complete stranger over the internet, LJ.

I am Young_Towzer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Rowley wrote:Hope so John, feel all a bit left out of this rivalry thing. My easy going affable bonhomie makes me difficult to dislike.
What's with all the french? Has Only Fools and Horses been released in Yorkshire?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:48 pm

There is a culture competition running Sean, since my selections are yet to convince anyone I am cultured thought showing off a wide vocabulary would perhaps convince a few folk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Quickly edited, Jeffrey.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

You mean bonhomie isn't jive?

Bon - derived from bon bon, means sweet.
Homie - derived from homeboy, means friend.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Quickly edited, Jeffrey.
It was absolute drivel before that point wasn't it?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Quickly edited, Jeffrey.
It was absolute drivel before that point wasn't it?
Yep.

I had a cracking joke about English being a good start for you but you used your green powers before I could get in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

He was a top poster.
He was D4.
D4 pretty much admitted it.  I have looked for the post but I can't find it.  You'll just have to trust a complete stranger over the internet, LJ.

I am Young_Towzer.
Nah nobody could fake being that thick & having no idea how to construct a sentence properly. Lol, fact, end of!!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Rowley wrote:There is a culture competition running Sean, since my selections are yet to convince anyone I am cultured thought showing off a wide vocabulary would perhaps convince a few folk.
Culture... Isn't that what you add to yorkshire curd tart to make it taste really past it's sell by

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

How many rivals has Truss had down the years ?

Remember relentless battles with Frankie Pie ( he was insane )

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

He was a top poster.
He was D4.
D4 pretty much admitted it.  I have looked for the post but I can't find it.  You'll just have to trust a complete stranger over the internet, LJ.

I am Young_Towzer.
I've done it before and I'll do it again. I'll just keep my underpants on next time.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Rodney wrote:How many rivals has Truss had down the years ?

Remember relentless battles with Frankie Pie ( he was insane )

Cheers Rodders
Less rivals, more people telling him he is wrong. As I told a coleague who had been married and divorced 4 times, there comes a point when you have to look at the common denominator and begin to think whether that is the fault.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Never had any rivalries........Just had muppets p*****g on every thread I write....

Thinking it's funny...

I had my way It would all be civilised like it is back home where people are mature and in "Moss side".......my other home..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Not even with the father-in-law when he wouldn't buy you a new car?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next