The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves and Booth Split

+25
Lumbering_Jack
rycoys
Rick James
John Bloody Wayne
Lance
Rowley
hampo17
azania
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
milkyboy
Scottrf
ONETWOFOREVER
YDKSAB
OasisBFC
seanmichaels
owen10ozzy
Pedro147
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
JabMachineMK2
Seanusarrilius
Strongback
Steffan
lambertm100
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Groves and Booth Split Empty Groves and Booth Split

Post by lambertm100 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

Carl Froch claims they have split on Talksport?

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Groves and Booth Split Empty Re: Groves and Booth Split

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

Wouldnt listen to a word that idiot says

Knowing my luck it will be true now though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

A warrior's word is a word forged in blood on the fields of battle and/or in the trenches depending on whether you prefer trench warfare or a straight up fight on the battlefield. Either way it doesn't matter cos a warrior like what Carl Froch is will fight in the trenches or on the battlefield because that's what warrior's do so it's a good job that's what Carl Frcoh is....a warrior!

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

Booth wasn't at the press conference today.

Fast Car is claiming the tickets sold out in 11 mins.

That means lots of people have £200 plus to spend on a ticket. A fool is easily separated from his money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:A warrior's word is a word forged in blood on the fields of battle and/or in the trenches depending on whether you prefer trench warfare or a straight up fight on the battlefield. Either way it doesn't matter cos a warrior like what Carl Froch is will fight in the trenches or on the battlefield because that's what warrior's do so it's a good job that's what Carl Frcoh is....a warrior!
Hahaha - never gets old my friend. WAR WARRIOR WAR FROCHWAR!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:44 pm

Words were exchanged between two warriors I see.

"After the pair exchanged heated words at the weigh in, Froch said: "There was a few words said, words between warriors.

"We talked about the first fight and what to expect tomorrow.

"I'm turning up in the best possible shape but I know what I need to bring tomorrow.

"He shouldn't be too brave, he's in for a shock. I'm absolutely sparking and I can't wait.

"I don't crack under pressure. This is what I do and I'm relishing the occasion.""

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:51 pm

That was for Daves benefit. I know one particular line sparks a particular brand of hatred.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

Here's Carl Froch's interview on Talksport.  6 mins long.

Froch said he knocked Groves out with 16 ounce "pillow gloves" on.

Froch definitely say Booth no longer represents Groves.

He's not doing anymore dancing efore the fight, that's finished.

Froch comes across fairly badly in my view. His public persona is just weird.  I think he ok when he's in normal mode.

The fight is on Sky Box Office.    

http://talksport.com/boxing/exclusive-froch-claims-groves-split-booth-ahead-world-title-fight-13091760407

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:53 pm

If true it makes it even less likely Groves can beat Froch

While I don't like how Booth tries to make everyone fight like Haye, potshotting on the backfoot in short explosive burst, he has enabled Groves to keep his chin away from clean shots

I do think Groves can adapt and can change styles, but in a fight like this where he will want to be elusive off the backfoot and try as best he can to stay off the ropes then dropping Booth may not be the smartest move

I''ll wait for it to be confirmed

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

Groves splitting with Booth cannot be a good thing, if true. Groves has been all about Booth and Haye and if they have split on the eve of his biggest ever training camp then I am even more confident he loses.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:57 pm

If true, who do you think would be a good trainer for Groves?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:58 pm

Representing would have me think from a managerial standpoint rather than as a Trainer...I know that even when George went across to Matchroom some of his affairs were still handled by Booth...perhaps this is no longer the case.

If he has split from him completely I would be shocked. Doesn't seem the sensible choice given he is heading into the biggest fight of his career and with Booth in his corner has shown vast improvements over the course of the last 18 months...

Unless of course he is jumping across to a World Class trainer such as a Mayweather, Roach or Hunter...intrigued to know what is going on behind closed doors with this!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:01 pm

No matter how good a trainer Those above mentioned trainers are, it would be a mistake for Groves to take his first cmap withthem this closet to the biggest fight he will possibly ever have. Either way I think Groves is getting knocked out

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:03 pm

"He's a trained fighter, he's unbeaten and he's got quite a high knockout ratio against a level of opposition but boxing, unfortunately for him, is all about levels and I'm in a totally different league than George Groves.

"He's not mixed at this level in his whole career, he's tried to mix at this level in sparring and been found out a few times.

"I put him over myself in sparring, and to be honest, I was pulling my punches when I hit him, I sort of him with half a shot as I knew it was going to land, so I pulled it and it still decked him and he's been knocked out a few times.

"I need to do business and do in style. It's not just about winning, it's about how I win."

Froch on Groves

"When the 10oz gloves on fight night start landing on his chin, there's only going to be one result that's going to be George Groves knocked out on the floor. Simple as that."

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm

Sean - If either way he is getting knocked out I'm not sure you can then claim it's a massive mistake can you?

I see what you mean though, one would think that you stick to what is known and comfortable heading into the biggest fight of your life...but then on the flipside perhaps he is feeling as though training isn't going to plan and wants to ensure he is prepared as best possible for this...in which case surely the right thing to do is change things up if only for the motivation he is perhaps lacking under Booth..?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm

I agree with owen re the managerial representation aspect. However unless there's been a huge bust up (and I don't see groves as that sort of character) I find it hard to believe that a fighGer as smart as Groves would further jeopardise his chances by switching trainers and possibly training techniques. Even with the fight several weeks away, I can't see what's to be gained by this.

What I'd like to know though is how Froch is privy to this information

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:05 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Representing would have me think from a managerial standpoint rather than as a Trainer...I know that even when George went across to Matchroom some of his affairs were still handled by Booth...perhaps this is no longer the case.

If he has split from him completely I would be shocked. Doesn't seem the sensible choice given he is heading into the biggest fight of his career and with Booth in his corner has shown vast improvements over the course of the last 18 months...

Unless of course he is jumping across to a World Class trainer such as a  Mayweather, Roach or Hunter...intrigued to know what is going on behind closed doors with this!
agreed. represented is not the same as being trained by.
he hasn't been represented by booth for a while now has he.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

Groves splitting with Booth because Hearn wants ALL the dollars and dont want Booth INTERFERING. Hearn putting this 2nd rate show together so he make BIG money suckering people. With Booth he got to pay over more dollars so Booth is OUT. Hearn dont deal with other managers same reason Frampton is GONE. Hearn wants ALL the dollars.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Groves splitting with Booth because Hearn wants ALL the dollars and dont want Booth INTERFERING. Hearn putting this 2nd rate show together so he make BIG money suckering people. With Booth he got to pay over more dollars so Booth is OUT. Hearn dont deal with other managers same reason Frampton is GONE. Hearn wants ALL the dollars.
I SUSPECT this fight was grossing Sterling RATHER than the US Dollar, innit.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:11 pm

Whatever bro, you know its TRUTH

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Sean - If either way he is getting knocked out I'm not sure you can then claim it's a massive mistake can you?

I see what you mean though, one would think that you stick to what is known and comfortable heading into the biggest fight of your life...but then on the flipside perhaps he is feeling as though training isn't going to plan and wants to ensure he is prepared as best possible for this...in which case surely the right thing to do is change things up if only for the motivation he is perhaps lacking under Booth..?
Of course it is a mistake. If you dump a trainer you are familiar with and who knows your game better than anybody, it is a mistake to drop them on the eve of you biggest fight. An example is this: no matter what Alvarez did, or who trained him, he would lose to Mayweather every time IMO. Does that mean I should train him? No. It means there is only so much Groves can do and it won't be enough IMO as Froch (unless injured or shot) will have the beating of him. The better Groves is trained, and more comfortable he is in camp, the better he performs.

Now, if Booth isn't training him well enough, or giving him enough attention, then maybe he is right to dump him. But I still don't think it benefits him to lose a trainer he ahs been with his entire career this close to a fight of this magnitude.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

Any evidence to show this is true YDKSAB? 2nd rate show?...do you know the undercard of the fight or whether it is on Boxoffice yet?

Just in case you can't understand that sentence I will translate it for you:

Any EVIDENCE to show this is true YDKSAB? 2nd rate show?...do YOU know the undercard of the fight or whether it is on BOXOFFICE yet?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

YDKSAB wrote:Whatever bro, you know its TRUTH
Who in the name of goats cheese is this guy?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

In the interview Froch first said it's a mismatch and he could blast Groves out in 2 or 3 rounds. He remembered himself and then started trying to sell the fight as a good contest.

This is another Bute job, which I called when the fight was announced. Froch has hurt his PPV potential saying he knocked Groves out in sparring and Groves has done nothing at the top level.

This is a buying time keep busy fight for Froch. Groves has done nothing to deserve his shot. Smacks of Arum keeping his fights in house.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Not sure but I like it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Any evidence to show this is true YDKSAB? 2nd rate show?...do you know the undercard of the fight or whether it is on Boxoffice yet?

Any EVIDENCE to show this is true YDKSAB? 2nd rate show?...do YOU know the undercard of the fight or whether it is on BOXOFFICE yet?

The fight is BOX OFFICE Oz. It's been confirmed by Froch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

If this is true I am not surprised.

Booth and Haye are so smug its most prob difficult to be around them both for long periods of time.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Not sure but I like it.
Hug 

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
You could become ever more popular by canning him permanently.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:18 pm

Groves might be ready if he had twice as many fights by now. An average of 4 fights per year is not enough for a prospect, his career progression is far too slow. A shame really, because I think he learns a lot and improves every fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:If this is true I am not surprised.

Booth and Haye are so smug its most prob difficult to be around them both for long periods of time.

Yeah that and when the two of them are on sit up mats doing their auto-fellatio exercise.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm

Strongback wrote:In the interview Froch first said it's a mismatch and he could blast Groves out in 2 or 3 rounds.  He remembered himself and then started trying to sell the fight as a good contest.

This is another Bute job, which I called when the fight was announced.  Froch has hurt his PPV potential saying he knocked Groves out in sparring and Groves has done nothing at the top level.

This is a buying time keep busy fight for Froch.  Groves has done nothing to deserve his shot.  Smacks of Arum keeping his fights in house.
Nonsense, fighter's don't need to say the fight will be even for it sell! Jesus wept their is some crud spoken on this board these day's. Haye and Fury have both been saying they will knock one another out all through the build up...I would hazard a guess it won't make a blind bit of difference to the PPV sales!

I also wouldn't say it is a Bute job, given the fact Groves has for a start shown he can get up and slug it out when he has been hurt ala Anderson...has beaten & KO out his biggest domestic rivals in DeGale and Smith...and got past a gatekeeper of the division in Johnson. Lest we forget Bute hadn barely ventured outside of Canada before taking on Froch.

It could well be that Froch blasts him out but we won't know till they fight and given Groves has won Domestic, Commonwealth honours and has put himself into a mandatory position for the fight...why shouldn't it be made and why shouldn't both fighters want it!?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:22 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Any evidence to show this is true YDKSAB? 2nd rate show?...do you know the undercard of the fight or whether it is on Boxoffice yet?

Hearn does not deal with MANAGERS. That is why Frampton had to GO. Same deal with Booth NOW. Hearn wants to be promoter AND manager coz its more MONEY bro.

Hearn and Froch are GREASEBALLS. Froch aint a REAL champ and they run their mouth about a REAL champ like Ward who put a WHOOPING on Froch. Groves is getting ICED in this fight and Hearn KNOWS this but he dont care as long as he is getting RICH bro. Hearn going to slap this show on PPV. NO DOUBT.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:23 pm

Bit rich froch going on about dropping groves in sparring. Anyone remember this in the run up to the Kessler fight...
https://www.606v2.com/t42567-froch-ko-d-in-sparring-video-included?highlight=froch+groves

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

laughing 

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:29 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Strongback wrote:In the interview Froch first said it's a mismatch and he could blast Groves out in 2 or 3 rounds.  He remembered himself and then started trying to sell the fight as a good contest.

This is another Bute job, which I called when the fight was announced.  Froch has hurt his PPV potential saying he knocked Groves out in sparring and Groves has done nothing at the top level.

This is a buying time keep busy fight for Froch.  Groves has done nothing to deserve his shot.  Smacks of Arum keeping his fights in house.
Nonsense, fighter's don't need to say the fight will be even for it sell! Jesus wept their is some crud spoken on this board these day's. Haye and Fury have both been saying they will knock one another out all through the build up...I would hazard a guess it won't make a blind bit of difference to the PPV sales!

I also wouldn't say it is a Bute job, given the fact Groves has for a start shown he can get up and slug it out when he has been hurt ala Anderson...has beaten & KO out his biggest domestic rivals in DeGale and Smith...and got past a gatekeeper of the division in Johnson. Lest we forget Bute hadn barely ventured outside of Canada before taking on Froch.

It could well be that Froch blasts him out but we won't know till they fight and given Groves has won Domestic, Commonwealth honours and has put himself into a mandatory position for the fight...why shouldn't it be made and why shouldn't both fighters want it!?
Ozzy, have a listen to Froch's interview. He says he has already knocked Groves out with 16 ounce pillow gloves and he wasn't throwing that hard.. He says when he puts on the 10 ouncers this fight is a total mismatch. The thing is Ozzy its hard to argue with Froch's assessment. The venue is sold and Froch will do PPV numbers because he has an increased profile which he deserves. It is futile pumping up Grove's chances. A blind man could see this is as one sided as it gets for a PPV fight. Well maybe Floyd v Canelo was even worse.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm

milkyboy wrote:Bit rich froch going on about dropping groves in sparring. Anyone remember this in the run up to the Kessler fight...
https://www.606v2.com/t42567-froch-ko-d-in-sparring-video-included?highlight=froch+groves
kiss 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:32 pm

YDKSAB wrote:

Hearn does not deal with MANAGERS. That is why Frampton had to GO. Same deal with Booth NOW. Hearn wants to be promoter AND manager coz its more MONEY bro.

Hearn and Froch are GREASEBALLS. Froch aint a REAL champ and they run their mouth about a REAL champ like Ward who put a WHOOPING on Froch. Groves is getting ICED in this fight and Hearn KNOWS this but he dont care as long as he is getting RICH bro. Hearn going to slap this show on PPV. NO DOUBT.
Hahaha! You do realise Hearn didn't want this fight...in fact he asked Groves if he wanted to vacate his mandatory position and was pushing Froch towards Kessler 3 immediately. So in that sense you can stop talking tripe...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:35 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:

Hahaha! You do realise Hearn didn't want this fight...in fact he asked Groves if he wanted to vacate his mandatory position and was pushing Froch towards Kessler 3 immediately. So in that sense you can stop talking tripe...

The way I see Groves was catapulted from 6th in the division to mandatory. How the hell did that happen. Wink 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

Strongback wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

Ozzy, have a listen to Froch's interview.  He says he has already knocked Groves out with 16 ounce pillow gloves and he wasn't throwing that hard..  He says when he puts on the 10 ouncers this fight is a total mismatch.  The thing is Ozzy its hard to argue with Froch's assessment.   The venue is sold and Froch will do PPV numbers because he has an increased profile which he deserves.  It is futile pumping up Grove's chances.   A blind man could see this is as one sided as it gets for a PPV fight.  Well maybe Floyd v Canelo was even worse.
My point was that you stated Groves has done nothing to deserve the shot...this simply isn't the case. I would ask you what else he could have done to earn it?

Froch is the main selling point of the fight, of course, however to say people aren't buying it because of intrigue in Groves is rubbish. Don't forget a lot of casual fans will know him from beating 'that olympic gold medalist' James DeGale...so he has some stock at least.

Whether the fight deserves PPV status is another matter...yet I would be pretty positive that Hearn will do his best to put on an undercard which at least try's to warrant the extra £15 required to watch it.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

Has a formal statement been issued yet?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:39 pm

Rick Roll'd again.

FFS.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:39 pm

It's bull Alex, groves has confirmed he's never going to give him up and never going to let him down.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Rick Roll'd again.

FFS.
laughing laughing laughing  Jabby, it was funny enough first time round
But I just spat my coffee out on reading that.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm

Strongback wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
YDKSAB wrote:

The way I see Groves was catapulted from 6th in the division to mandatory.  How the hell did that happen. Wink 
I believe a number of fighters were offered the contest and, for one reason or another turned it down/were turned down. They got all the way down to Groves (who accepted) and Froch initially refused Froch but was told he'd have to vacate the belt if he didn't defend against someone and then miraculously decided Groves was suitable.

I believe Groves was around #6 in the rankings, but he hasn't been made the number one/mandatory I think he just happened to be the only guy prepard to step into the ring and the trenches and conversely outside of his comfort zone where a warrior like Froch would take him anyway once he'd drawn a line in the sand and donned his battledress in order to compete in the arena and the heat of battle like a gladitorial warrior which is what he is, that Carl Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Strongback wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:

Ozzy, have a listen to Froch's interview.  He says he has already knocked Groves out with 16 ounce pillow gloves and he wasn't throwing that hard..  He says when he puts on the 10 ouncers this fight is a total mismatch.  The thing is Ozzy its hard to argue with Froch's assessment.   The venue is sold and Froch will do PPV numbers because he has an increased profile which he deserves.  It is futile pumping up Grove's chances.   A blind man could see this is as one sided as it gets for a PPV fight.  Well maybe Floyd v Canelo was even worse.
My point was that you stated Groves has done nothing to deserve the shot...this simply isn't the case. I would ask you what else he could have done to earn it?

Froch is the main selling point of the fight, of course, however to say people aren't buying it because of intrigue in Groves is rubbish. Don't forget a lot of casual fans will know him from beating 'that olympic gold medalist' James DeGale...so he has some stock at least.

Whether the fight deserves PPV status is another matter...yet I would be pretty positive that Hearn will do his best to put on an undercard which at least try's to warrant the extra £15 required to watch it.

I agree Hearn probably has something up his sleeve for the undercard.

Do you work for or are affiliated with Matchroom or Sky?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:49 pm

he's trying....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm

seanmichaels wrote:he's trying....
VERY!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

Undercard will be good. It has to be. Hearn knows he is being heavily critiqued now that he is the main man, so he will have to put on a really good show.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 17 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

Booth has confirmed the split on Boxing Scene

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next