The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :)

+10
tunes666
owen10ozzy
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
Lance
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
mobilemaster8
AlexHuckerby
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Groves Still Being Trained By Booth?

Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_lcap29%Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_lcap21%Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_lcap50%Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Empty Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :)

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

Ok, I know I almost sound a bit crazy, and I know that most of you will call me a nutter. But I don't think that they have split, I don't know why, I think its all a big weird mind game from Booth. He's like training him somewhere in the syberian mountaintops or something, secretly, alone... In like some kind of a place where Bruce Wayne learned how to fight in the newer Batman Begins... I'm telling you.

Booth has master minded this whole thing and come fight night Froch's head will be in tatters and Groves is going to knock it off.

Ok, getting carried away now, but does anyone else think this is true...? only one way to find out.... Poll!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Empty Re: Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :)

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:31 pm

I don't really care to be honest as I think this is a mismatch between a talented prospect with no pedigree and a SMW who is probably in the form of his life along with being a multiple world champion and having fought a hell of a lot higher calibre of fighters.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :) Empty Re: Has Adam Booth Genuinely Split With Groves - With Poll :)

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

I dont think its a ploy. Booth is not a Manny Steward or Eddie Futch. I doubt Froch could care less if Booth is there or not. Groves seems to be doing a much better job getting inside Frochs head on his own anyhow.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:44 pm

Personally I think Froch is playing up to it on purpose in my view. When they had the little bit just after the press conference and Johnny Nelson was inbetween them Froch refused to shake his hand it sounded a bit fake from my view point.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:48 pm

Froch isn't bothered by any of Groves antics, he's far too professional for anything like that, he's trying to sell the fight plain and simple.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

I dont think Froch is that good an actor.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

100% agree. I do like the little taunts that they are both goading each other with, at least most of it has been relatively intelligent sort of stuff.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:52 pm

catchweight wrote:I dont think Froch is that good an actor.
I also don't believe Froch is a good actor, liek I said I thought he sounded fake with his whole "I'm not shaking his hand, he's a chump!" act.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:07 pm

Looked real to me.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:13 pm

A guy who's not been bothered by Bute, Kessler, Abraham and Ward is suddenly rattled by Groves, don't see it myself.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Froch isn't bothered by any of Groves antics, he's far too professional for anything like that, he's trying to sell the fight plain and simple.
they want to sell this a grudge match. might stop people thinking its a mismatch or an unworthy world title fight, not that I agree with those sentiments. they have been lining this up for a little while I suspect, long before groves training with Kessler.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:20 pm

Not afraid, but wound up. His ego has been affronted.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:25 pm

catchweight wrote:Not afraid, but wound up. His ego has been affronted.
that is one huge ego too. wouldn't surprise me

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:25 pm

Lance wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Froch isn't bothered by any of Groves antics, he's far too professional for anything like that, he's trying to sell the fight plain and simple.
they want to sell this a grudge match. might stop people thinking its a mismatch or an unworthy world title fight, not that I agree with those sentiments. they have been lining this up for a little while I suspect, long before groves training with Kessler.
Exactly it's all a set up, they'll be best of friends again after the final bell.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:30 pm

What happens after the fight is not an indication of what went on before the fight. Im sure when Froch beats the crap out of Groves he will be satisfied enough after not to hold a grudge. Doesnt mean he wasnt wound up before the fight though. Plenty of fighters have had bad blood before a fight and reconciled after.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:52 pm

Froch is definitely resembling a different character in the run up to this one. That doesn't necessarily mean that Groves has spooked him or got inside his head, mind you. I don't think he has, personally. But if anything, maybe the occasion has got to Froch, in a (very) roundabout way.

This is the first time, in a high profile, world title fight (ignoring the Mack outing, which was a nothing bout essentially), that Froch has been a clear, heavy favourite with the bookies and him going in there, doing the business and claiming a routine 'W' has been what the majority of his fans expect, rather than what they hope for. Normally, when it comes to Carl, he's either the underdog going in (Taylor, Abraham, Ward, Bute) or we've been expecting a close fight in which both men, beforehand, have a reasonable chance of winning (both of the Kessler fights, Pascal, Dirrell etc).

I can't help but wonder if that additional sense of expectation on Froch's shoulders has knocked him ever so slightly out of joint, somewhat. For the first meaningful time in his world title run, he's going in there as unequivocally the better fighter in just about everyone's eyes and who is expected to dominate, particularly considering his own claims of greatness and world-wide stardom.

After all, it's often been Froch himself who has always stated that there's never any need to genuine animosity and bad blood between two fighters before they share a ring. The way he's been acting towards Groves, forced or not, in the build up to this fight is definitely a stark contrast to what we've seen before and has been a little odd, to say the least.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:58 pm

he was a pretty heavy favourite going into the Dirrell fight Chris. Although I agree there is a lot more pressure on his this time. The Kessler fight brought him a whole new level of recognition, and the expectations on him are higher than ever

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:10 am

He was definitely the favourite, Lance, but not to the same kind of extent, for me. We've all seen Groves and know what he's about, whereas Dirrell (to us on these shores) was a bit of a mystery man as a professional back in 2009. I think most acknowledged that it was a potential banana skin for Froch, particularly considering that Carl was nowhere near as polished and as good an all-round boxer as he is now.

And as you rightly say, Froch is in a different stratosphere of fame and recognition now, which may have had some bearing on his mindset.

As some (particularly Dave!) have pointed out, Carl keeps trying to goad Groves in to engaging him in a toe-to-toe war and seems to be indicating that he'll show even more disdain towards Groves if he looks to box going away or at distance, while conveniently forgetting that the latter option is exactly the one that he himself chose when he fought Abraham.

Now Groves is a shade quicker than Carl, and definitely lighter on his feet, too. There's no guarantee, or anything close to it, that Groves can win the decision by using the kind of fancy-Dan game plan that Froch is mentioning, but it gives him a damn sight better chance of winning than going toe to toe does, and I don't think it's crazy to suggest that Carl may just be a bit worried that his 36-year-old legs might have trouble keeping up with George if the younger man tries to use all the ring space he can. Fortunately for Froch, Groves can be a bit of a hot head who loses focus at times as well, so I can see why he's trying to goad Groves in to trying to fight that 'manly warrior' kind of fight.

Be interesting if he doesn't, though. I suspect Froch will be confident enough in his abilities to win this one under any set of circumstances, but maybe, just maybe, he really is worried that Groves can outslick him going away.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:25 am

People here tend to forget that a certain David Haye is involved in this. They are all in on this scam. Its all about money. Yes Booth is still training Groves, Froch knows it too.

Haye is Froch's best friend and they have all come together to sell this fight to get as much money as possible. No doubt about it they are all in on it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:29 am

Furys in on it too. Its all one big ppv extravaganza to assrape the British public.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:34 am

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side (Haymaker promotions) they are charletans, benidict Arnolds, masters of swindle, employers of bamboozelment.

We did'nt land on Haymaker promotions, Haymaker promotions landed on us.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:40 am

I've said from the day this match was made that Froch will give Groves a beating and nothing has changed my mind. Thei is a gulf of experience between the two fighters and that gives Froch all the advantages. Groves will try to run but Froch will catch up with him and expose Groves.

Anything less than a KO is poor night from Froch unless of course he gets old over night.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:02 am

Expose Groves?! What are you on about...? How can he be exposed when he isn't even a World Champion yet...all he is, is a decent prospect who has perhaps taken this fight a little to early...your use of the word 'exposed' as well as 'over-hyped' and 'overrated'...are taken to new levels strongback; the saying 'you can have your opinion...it's wrong...but you can have it' has never applied to anyone more than you...oh and it's a boxing 'BOUT' not a match!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

why would pretending he has spilt with booth helo market the fight?, it will only make people think its even less competitive.. the only reason they may have done it is for mind games but even that rings of desporation. I think its legit and alot of people behind the scenes have said they did occasionally have disagreements and this seems to be the final straw.

If booth is still manager then he will take a wedge from this fight so from his point of view, nothing to lose..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:57 am

Last edited by milkyboy on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm

milkyboy wrote: being chased by Adam with his bayonet fully charged. ,
Is this another comment on Booth's alleged sexuality I need to delete?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:18 pm

Last edited by milkyboy on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Chris wrote:As some (particularly Dave!) have pointed out, Carl keeps trying to goad Groves in to engaging him in a toe-to-toe war and seems to be indicating that he'll show even more disdain towards Groves if he looks to box going away or at distance, while conveniently forgetting that the latter option is exactly the one that he himself chose when he fought Abraham.
Think Groves missed a trick by not suggesting Froch only entered that dancing show to improve on his p!ss poor footwork...therefore

Froch only entered that dancing show to improve on his p!ss poor footwork!

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Expose Groves?! What are you on about...? How can he be exposed when he isn't even a World Champion yet...all he is, is a decent prospect who has perhaps taken this fight a little to early...your use of the word 'exposed' as well as 'over-hyped' and 'overrated'...are taken to new levels strongback; the saying 'you can have your opinion...it's wrong...but you can have it' has never applied to anyone more than you...oh and it's a boxing 'BOUT' not a match!!
Very emotional Ozzy, as usual.

Groves is stepping up to fight the No.2 SMW and he thinks he can win. Your jerk to pin-up boy Hearn has this as a PPV. The fact that the fight is PPV bringing higher expectations from the general public. Groves will be under the microscope and there will be huge pressure. What is getting exposed in HD is Groves should not be in the ring with Froch. Groves and his talk will be exposed. He has done nothing to deserve this shot.

As for calling up 'match'.....get a life. It's short for match-up and is common parlance in the world of boxing which, from what you've written you know very little about.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:16 pm

Hahahahaha! I know very little about boxing?...blimey have I really just heard you say that? Now I have heard everything.

Emotional...not really? Annoyed at your continued presence on these boards despite spouting complete tosh...perhaps.

Lets dissect your rather, as usual, feeble statement/points:

Groves thinking he can win - If he doesn't then I would hazard a guess he is in the wrong sport. Much like people did against DeGale he is being written off...I am pretty sure he will be looking to shut a few people's mouths much like he did then.

PPV - I have stated numerous times that I do not think this is a PPV fight...what I have said is that I think Hearn will at least try to make it a value for money PPV by providing a good card in terms of number of fights on and fighters on show.

Expectations: They come with the territory...just because it is PPV doesn't mean people think higher of Groves or indeed believe he should be winning. In fact on the contrary all it has done is put huge pressure on Froch, especially with his statement regards being the one who sells the tickets etc. This is seen as an easy nights work for Carl, from many on here and the general public. The only one really expecting anything from Groves is probably himself.

Doing nothing to deserve the shot: Much like Cooper against Ali, Haye against Wlad numerous others throughout history. He may not be a World Champion...but he has won British, Commonwealth honours and is ranked 2nd by the WBA, 6th by the IBF & 2nd by the WBO....add to the fact he is the biggest domestic challenge for Froch at this moment in time and it stands to reason why the fight has been made. Clearly any Kessler rematch is on hold and Ward is occupied and perhaps a no go at this moment. In that case name someone else Froch should be going in with?!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

Ozzy do you have shares in the site?

You do go on as if you own the place.

I don't remember you on the old board.

You give me the impression you're a football fan.

The fight is a mismatch. You can try and justify it and sing from Eddie's hymn sheet but remember to check in here on the Sunday morning for the post fight analysis or more aptly the review of the carnage.

This fight is not justifiable and if that imaginary discussion you have with Eddie ever becomes reality tell him I said he's going to end up looking like Paul O'Grady.

owen10ozzy wrote:Hahahahaha! I know very little about boxing?...blimey have I really just heard you say that? Now I have heard everything.

Emotional...not really? Annoyed at your continued presence on these boards despite spouting complete tosh...perhaps.

Lets dissect your rather, as usual, feeble statement/points:

Groves thinking he can win - If he doesn't then I would hazard a guess he is in the wrong sport. Much like people did against DeGale he is being written off...I am pretty sure he will be looking to shut a few people's mouths much like he did then.

PPV - I have stated numerous times that I do not think this is a PPV fight...what I have said is that I think Hearn will at least try to make it a value for money PPV by providing a good card in terms of number of fights on and fighters on show.

Expectations: They come with the territory...just because it is PPV doesn't mean people think higher of Groves or indeed believe he should be winning. In fact on the contrary all it has done is put huge pressure on Froch, especially with his statement regards being the one who sells the tickets etc. This is seen as an easy nights work for Carl, from many on here and the general public. The only one really expecting anything from Groves is probably himself.

Doing nothing to deserve the shot: Much like Cooper against Ali, Haye against Wlad numerous others throughout history. He may not be a World Champion...but he has won British, Commonwealth honours and is ranked 2nd by the WBA, 6th by the IBF & 2nd by the WBO....add to the fact he is the biggest domestic challenge for Froch at this moment in time and it stands to reason why the fight has been made. Clearly any Kessler rematch is on hold and Ward is occupied and perhaps a no go at this moment. In that case name someone else Froch should be going in with?!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

Still struggling with the quote function eh STRONGY? Still that's what you get for typing this rubbish with your forehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

How is facing the 6th best 168lber in the world unjustifiable, it's a very justifiable defence considering he's fought Ward, Kessler and Bute already. He could of course go for Stieglitz but the reaction would be no different but would draw far less interest. I for the life of me cannot think of a super middleweight he should be fighting instead of Groves the highest ranking available opponent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:46 pm

Ha ha.......I love it that "Who cares" comes out on top.........and who does........

Not like Booth is Eddie Futch..........although he thinks he is.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:52 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:How is facing the 6th best 168lber in the world unjustifiable, it's a very justifiable defence considering he's fought Ward, Kessler and Bute already. He could of course go for Stieglitz but the reaction would be no different but would draw far less interest. I for the life of me cannot think of a super middleweight he should be fighting instead of Groves the highest ranking available opponent.

Stieglitz has a belt and has beaten Abraham. A shop worn Abrahan is better than anything Groves has by a street.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm

The problem here though is that Stieglitz isn't available and hasn't been for a while now after reclaiming his belt he had two defences lined up straight away. So how is the highest ranking available fighter not a justifiable fight?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The problem here though is that Stieglitz isn't available and hasn't been for a while now after reclaiming his belt he had two defences lined up straight away. So how is the highest ranking available fighter not a justifiable fight?

Andre Ward can't get a fight for love or money.

This is a keep busy easy money fight for Froch. Every champion deserves an easy one now and again and especially Froch who has had tough fights. I don't have a problem with that it's more the hyping of the fight as a proper contest and the whole PPV thing that bothers me.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:04 pm

How would you rather they hyped it as a one sided mismatch, get real he's taking on the best guy possible in a supposed keep busy fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The problem here though is that Stieglitz isn't available and hasn't been for a while now after reclaiming his belt he had two defences lined up straight away. So how is the highest ranking available fighter not a justifiable fight?
Andre Ward can't get a fight for love or money.

This is a keep busy easy money fight for Froch. Every champion deserves an easy one now and again and especially Froch who has had tough fights.  I don't have a problem with that it's more the hyping of the fight as a proper contest and the whole PPV thing that bothers me.
What? Even Floyd "I want $30 million" Mayweather. For $30 million I want to see him fighting the bleedin' Taliban

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

You ask for what you are worth..........and If you get it.......good luck to you.......

Douglas got $20 million for Holy.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:How would you rather they hyped it as a one sided mismatch, get real he's taking on the best guy possible in a supposed keep busy fight.

If you think Groves is better than Ward than you need to get real.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:48 pm

Read what i've written Strongy, the best AVAILABLE opponent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Read what i've written Strongy, the best AVAILABLE opponent.

Ward is begging for a fight. He even came to the UK for the Kessler fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

Ward has options.......He's p4p number 2........

No one wanted Nunn either........But being a champion believe it or not challengers want his title.........

Strange that.........Although IBRO may disagree with me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You ask for what you are worth..........and If you get it.......good luck to you.......

Douglas got $20 million for Holy.........
Talking about an easy night's work here. You're talking about money, pay attention. STRONGY says everyone deserves an easy night. For a fighter with Floyd's ability, I don't think he does. I think he needs to be pushing himself especially if he wnts that legacy he craves.

Douglas was Champion and Holy couldn't have been considered an easy night's work anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

Why should floyd be any different to other fighters........

Leonard - Boy Green

Ali - Dunn

Holmes - zanon

Duran - Viruet

Hagler - Lee

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:07 pm

Well depending on your POV Floyd still requires that career defining moment to put him in the same bracket as Ali and Robinson (who he is quoted as saying he is better than) and therefore, with a handful of fights left is taking an easy fight going to help him get there?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:10 pm

Not going to get there anyway............Alvarez win was roundly panned..........If Floyd beats these guys.......Here is the spin......

GGG - Was overrated.........
Martinez - Past it.......
Khan - Already found out.......
Manny - Wouldn't fight him when he was at his best........
JMM - No point.......

Top 5 for me now.........and I'd like to see him go out unbeaten............

Fighters say lot's of things..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm

Still don't think a guy of his ability should take an easy fight. Yes, they're all "easy" when you're that good but you get my meaning Wouldn't like to see him taking on Gavin Rees just because he's had a rough few months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:17 pm

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Read what i've written Strongy, the best AVAILABLE opponent.
Ward is begging for a fight.  He even came to the UK for the Kessler fight.
You don't actually know that he does and he was out injured for quite a while so Froch signed up for Groves, the best available at the time.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next