The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

+40
joeyjojo618
Hibbz
catchweight
Scottrf
Rich1066
seanmichaels
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Adam D
TopHat24/7
Steffan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Gentleman01
Boxtthis
jimdig
bhb001
hogey
azania
Strongback
Izzi
tunes666
mobilemaster8
rob-glos
John Bloody Wayne
oxring
Nico the gman
Hammersmith harrier
Seanusarrilius
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Small Time
Union Cane
hampo17
KingMonkey
owen10ozzy
huw
Lumbering_Jack
Duty281
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
44 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 3 Empty Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by Rodney Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Good marketing tool or is the man completely insane ?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/09/tyson-fury-in-astonishing-foul-mouthed-and-homophobic-twitter-rant-at-david-haye-lennox-lewis-and-wladimir-klitschko-4141152/
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by catchweight Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:34 am

I dont think Fury is capable of dodging much

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by Hibbz Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:43 am

Rowley wrote:Can we ease up (read stop) with the word pikey. Lifestyle choice or not it is a term that can cause offence and as such has no place on here. Cheers
I'm warning you! If you say "Pikey" one more time (gets hit with rock) RIGHT! Who did that? Come on, who did it?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:44 am

Hibbz wrote:
Rowley wrote:Can we ease up (read stop) with the word pikey. Lifestyle choice or not it is a term that can cause offence and as such has no place on here. Cheers
I'm warning you! If you say "Pikey" one more time (gets hit with rock) RIGHT! Who did that? Come on, who did it?
Well, you did say Jehovah...

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:32 am

Gentleman01 wrote:Azania is not homosexual and, as such, cares not that Fury hurls homophobic insults around. For him it is all justified in the name of self-promotion and he tolerates it, in fact embraces it, as he himself is not offended by such insults.

It's not a position I agree with, however everyone is entitled to view Fury's latest ramblings however they see fit.

In the name of balance, however, I assume Azania would take a similarly positive position were Fury to ascribe such pejorative connotations to other human characteristics such as having darker skin, or being a woman, for example.

I assume this as, as we all know, Azania is someone for whom maintaining balance in a stated position is clearly important...

I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of being a hypocrite.
01, the bottom line is that he is a boxer and not a social commentator. Furthermore from my post I presume you are commenting, you will note that I made no comment as to whether I am in agreement with Fury or not. But I did take issue with some think Northern plank referring to him as a racist by using a racist term to describe Fury. I should expect nothing from that plank seeing as he once said we should bomb a country with nukes to stop a nuclear war when said country was already armed with nuclear weapons.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:34 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
Gentleman01 wrote:Azania is not homosexual and, as such, cares not that Fury hurls homophobic insults around. For him it is all justified in the name of self-promotion and he tolerates it, in fact embraces it, as he himself is not offended by such insults.

It's not a position I agree with, however everyone is entitled to view Fury's latest ramblings however they see fit.

In the name of balance, however, I assume Azania would take a similarly positive position were Fury to ascribe such pejorative connotations to other human characteristics such as having darker skin, or being a woman, for example.

I assume this as, as we all know, Azania is someone for whom maintaining balance in a stated position is clearly important...

Is this aimed at me?  Rest assured that I will respond fully when using a pc as opposed to the phone.  What you write is quite clearly a load of bollox.
We're all looking forward to seeing you get owned by Gentleman now, thanks....

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 3 1347041234
That is never going to happen.

I see you avoided my previous response to you. Have you turned into a coward?kiss 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:37 am

Scottrf wrote:

Not exactly the same. You don't choose your race or sex.
You don't choose your sexuality either. You are either born a shirt lifter or a skirt puller. Quite what the Scots do with blokes in kilts is another matter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:56 am

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Is this aimed at me?  Rest assured that I will respond fully when using a pc as opposed to the phone.  What you write is quite clearly a load of bollox.
We're all looking forward to seeing you get owned by Gentleman now, thanks....

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 3 1347041234
That is never going to happen.

I see you avoided my previous response to you. Have you turned into a coward?kiss 
If you re-read it you'll note there's nothing for me to respond to as your reply was utter gobble-di-gook. I'll put your miscomprehension down to reading it on the phone.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:58 am

azania wrote:

01, the bottom line is that he is a boxer and not a social commentator. Furthermore from my post I presume you are commenting, you will note that I made no comment as to whether I am in agreement with Fury or not. But I did take issue with some think Northern plank referring to him as a racist by using a racist term to describe Fury. I should expect nothing from that plank seeing as he once said we should bomb a country with nukes to stop a nuclear war when said country was already armed with nuclear weapons.
The bottom line If we are honest Is.. if someone is a scumbag you like him..........

Which is fair enough..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 am

Not exactly Truss. I am no fan of Broner.

@top hat
So you think because Fury (may or may not, I dont know) refers to himself as a pikey, you can do the same. Does that apply to snoop Lion who has a very liberal use of the N word? Please answer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 am

I'm not getting into semantics.........I'm just cutting the BS and stating the obvious Mate.......

Like I said it's fairplay.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:19 am

i like boxers with natural charisma. Floyd, Del, Fury etc have it. Broner seems contrived. K2 couldn't buy it if it were on a BOGOF deal.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:20 am

Chisora has charisma ???..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:27 am

Sadly he does. His interviews are never boring and his unpredictability is good viewing. Well its my opinion anyway. Listening to some boxers being interviewed is like listening to a leaking pipe.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 am

Charisma is in the eye of the beholder...........

I think he's a monotone, boring, vile, wife beating, hooligan that needs a good career ending knockout...........

but that's just me..........As others like him on here.........It's not a done-deal-opinion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 am

If we applied those terms accros the board to all boxers, there would very few we would actually like or support.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:42 am

azania wrote:Not exactly Truss. I am no fan of Broner.

@top hat
So you think because Fury (may or may not, I dont know) refers to himself as a pikey, you can do the same. Does that apply to snoop Lion who has a very liberal use of the N word? Please answer.
I wouldn't use the n word as I consider it unpleasant and distasteful in the extreme, whether others use it or not. Pikey, however, I do not, particularly as it refers to a set of characteristics all within one's gift to choose. The fact Fury uses the word simply makes me care even less that I use it.

Now can you answer my question?

If Fury was racist rather than homophobic, dropping the n-bomb, degrading black boxers due to their African heritage etc, would you be so forgiving and light-hearted about what he says?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:47 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Not exactly Truss. I am no fan of Broner.

@top hat
I wouldn't use the n word as I consider it unpleasant and distasteful in the extreme, whether others use it or not.  Pikey, however, I do not, particularly as it refers to a set of characteristics all within one's gift to choose. The fact Fury uses the word simply makes me care even less that I use it.

Now can you answer my question?

If Fury was racist rather than homophobic, dropping the n-bomb, degrading black boxers due to their African heritage etc, would you be so forgiving and light-hearted about what he says?
It answers the question and proves you're a hypocrite.OK 

As for someone being racist? Well Garcia's dad was very liberal with the N word. Someone posted a You Tube vid of him using it on here and started a thread about it. Have you read me post anything negative about him? In fact quite the opposite. The guy is hilarious.

Try again. thumbsup 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:48 am

ANyway, nevermind. I'd going to kick back and watch Engerland play Monte......!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:55 am

azania wrote:ANyway, nevermind. I'd going to kick back and watch Engerland play Monte......!
Come on Monte

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:19 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Does Tyson Fury dodge tax?
Council tax probably.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Council tax probably.
I think he lives in a posh area so he probably pays that as well. He has Gypsy heritage but I don't think he lives the traveller lifestyle.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:37 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Council tax probably.
I think he lives in a posh area so he probably pays that as well. He has Gypsy heritage but I don't think he lives the traveller lifestyle.
What is gypo heritage? All your uncles living in a caravan on an illegal site, making the lives of others a misery?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 am

Do you talk like some of those thick sounding idiots on geordie shore?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:37 am

azania wrote:Do you talk like some of those thick sounding idiots on geordie shore?
Yes...

Do you have a race issue like a lot of South Africans?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:Do you talk like some of those thick sounding idiots on geordie shore?
Yes...

Do you have a race issue like a lot of South Africans?
Do you really want to go down there again Einstein?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 pm

to be fair I dont even think Fury is a homophobic, I think he is just trying to create upsets to get talked about, His use of the word is more ignorant (as if all homosexuals are feminine) rather than offensive...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 pm

tunes666 wrote:

to be fair I dont even think Fury is a homophobic, I think he is just trying to create upsets to get talked about, His use of the word is more ignorant (as if all homosexuals are feminine) rather than offensive...
Bigotry and prejudices are born out of ignorance. If Fury is being ignorant then he is being homophobic. The only way to cure that is through education. A few here can learn to overcome their inherent bigotry through educating themselves. I name no names but you know who you are jack. OK 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:48 pm

azania wrote:

Fury is a boxer not a social commentator? What a strange argument. I'm not sure what exactly a 'social commentator' is, by your definition (journalists, politicians, public intellectuals / academics)? Either way, the majority of people are not 'social commentators'. By this logic, racism / homophobia / sexism is not be opposed unless it is espoused by a person who conforms to your ambiguous and abstract definition of a 'social commentator'?

Why not? I don't think Fury is a bad person, or even necessarily homophobic. However, unlike yourself, I don't think it is unreasonable for people to take exception to his comments. It is hardly a hysterical, anti-fury reaction. I would expect a similar level of negativity if Price had said such things. The fact that he rarely does is likely the real reason people like him more than Fury.

I know you are not in agreement with Fury. At no point did I say you were. I merely pointed out that you obviously are not offended by his remarks, which I consider to be hypocrtical of you, seeing as I know that in the past you have denounced people for bigotry (Ironically, you actually do so in the above post). Not only that, but you suggest that anyone whose opinion of Fury is lowered following his remarks, are being overly sensitive and/or have an irrational hatred for Tyson Fury. If someone consistently makes offensive comments then it is not irrational to dislike them.

You defend him as defending Fury is part of your 606 raison d'etre. That is, to argue the case for unappreciated / unpopular fighters. It's perfectly possible to defend Fury without supporting everything he says and without claiming anyone who criticises him is doing so based purely on an irrational dislike of the guy.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I see you have decided to use logic and reason to argue with Az. Good luck with that Gentleman.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:
azania wrote:

Fury is a boxer not a social commentator? What a strange argument. I'm not sure what exactly a 'social commentator' is, by your definition (journalists, politicians, public intellectuals / academics)? Either way, the majority of people are not 'social commentators'. By this logic, racism / homophobia / sexism is not be opposed unless it is espoused by a person who conforms to your ambiguous and abstract definition of a 'social commentator'?

Why not? I don't think Fury is a bad person, or even necessarily homophobic. However, unlike yourself, I don't think it is unreasonable for people to take exception to his comments. It is hardly a hysterical, anti-fury reaction. I would expect a similar level of negativity if Price had said such things. The fact that he rarely does is likely the real reason people like him more than Fury.

I know you are not in agreement with Fury. At no point did I say you were. I merely pointed out that you obviously are not offended by his remarks, which I consider to be hypocrtical of you, seeing as I know that in the past you have denounced people for bigotry (Ironically, you actually do so in the above post). Not only that, but you suggest that anyone whose opinion of Fury is lowered following his remarks, are being overly sensitive and/or have an irrational hatred for Tyson Fury. If someone consistently makes offensive comments then it is not irrational to dislike them.

You defend him as defending Fury is part of your 606 raison d'etre. That is, to argue the case for unappreciated / unpopular fighters. It's perfectly possible to defend Fury without supporting everything he says and without claiming anyone who criticises him is doing so based purely on an irrational dislike of the guy.
clap 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Azania.....owned.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:54 pm

He's not owned until he says he's owned!! Never under estimate the power of tunnel vision.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 am

Very true bhb.

Azania is never owned.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 am

bhb001 wrote:He's not owned until he says he's owned!! Never under estimate the power of tunnel vision.
More like Chucklevision...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 am

I heard that tunnel vision is chinny.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:09 am

Gentleman01 wrote:
azania wrote:

Haha this is excellent. Gentleman unpicks the warped strands of Az's tangled logic and lays them bare. I wonder if there will be a response?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 am

The most intellectual response he will probably muster is:

"Yea gentleman, thats what your missus said last night"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 am

Owned? Far from it. Can't respond fully right now but I will do later this evening.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:40 am

Your argument has been torn to shreds, you can't get uppity with LJ for racism when you yourself are condoning homophobia.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 am

Gentleman01 wrote:
azania wrote:

Fury is a boxer. Plain and simple. He is trying to garner interest in himself and therefore his upcoming fight with Haye. He will say anything, however silly to sell the PPV. As you rightfully state, it is something I do not agree with. I also said in a previous post on this thread that Angel Garcia made some racist comments prior to Garcia fighting Judah. In fact he used the N word. I didn't criticise him for it and took it for what it was; trying to sell a fight and get under the skin of Judah. Of course I don't approve of either comment but one has to look at who is saying it and take it from there.

If it was someone with a little more intelligence then I would have an issue with it. I am defending Fury because he comes in for some ridiculous criticism and is subjected to mush stereotypical abuse due to many factors including what he says and how he says it but in particular because of his heritage. Many boxers have been mouthy in the past but do not get the criticism Fury gets. He is called "tarmaccer", "pikey" and many other adjectives which people here find funny, yet take issue with his homophobia. I reckon a mirror is required fr them to look at.

If Fury were to make comments about Haye's ethnicity it still wouldn't offend me. I recall Bowe calling Lewis a "faggot" on many occasions. Rahman also called Lewis that. When discussing those fighters which we have done many times, that doesn't register an iota. But Fury says it and people wet themselves. Is it not equally offensive when Bowe and Rahman say it? Or it the moral hand wringing reserved for Fury. Or is it a case of "that was then and this is now" or the lovely canard of 2 wrongs don't make a right and we should all NOW be offended?

Hypocrites.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Your argument has been torn to shreds, you can't get uppity with LJ for racism when you yourself are condoning homophobia.
Care to point out where and how I condoned homophobia? Even 01 agreed that I do not agree with Fury's sentiments.

There are too many semi intelligent people here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:11 am

I find it all a bit queer the way people are acting on here about Furys comments

Anyway il be back now just popping outside for a fag

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:15 am

bhb001 wrote:He's not owned until he says he's owned!! Never under estimate the power of tunnel vision.
Actually I have admitted to that with Windy, manos, Oxring (once) and one or two others. Only people who know their boxing and adequate social commentators.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:19 am

Re: Angel Garcia going overboard 'this time'
Post by azania on Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

Judah is going to lose anyway. But there is no place in society for what Garcia did. It is not just name calling. I wonder how black fighters who share the same gym would feel when they walk into the gym.

This could affect Jnr's career badly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote: Re: Angel Garcia going overboard 'this time'
Post by azania on Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

Judah is going to lose anyway. But there is no place in society for what Garcia did. It is not just name calling. I wonder how black fighters who share the same gym would feel when they walk into the gym.

This could affect Jnr's career badly.
Yes, now don't you think that is tame compared to what many assume I would say? As I said on this thread, Fury was wrong to make those comments. My post was about people's reaction here. All the moral handwringing and then we let a fellow poster make a comment about how the Gay boxer wouldn't mind it if his body was covered in vaseline.

Hypocrites.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 am

You also said 'he should have been arrested and rightfully so', you're being a hypocrite so just give up the ghost before you end up looking more of a fool than you already do.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 am

jimdig wrote:I haven't caught up with the fight yet, but reading on some of the other forums they have been complaining about the amount of Vaseline that Marquez's team got away with putting on his head.

I bet Orlando Cruz wouldn't have complained.Hug

In all seriousness though, Salido showed he's far from shot. Didn't see Bradley's fight last night, but he's a very underrated fighter and this win surely makes him a much more realistic option for Mayweather than Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 am

To many double standards don't you think.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:27 am

From you yes.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am

If you say so.

I see the point is; many boxers can make choice remarks and are ignored. Fury makes same remarks and gets dragged through the mud for it. Poster makes choice remark about a gay boxer and it goes ignored.

Move along guv.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next